Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,556 members, 7,816,346 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (684109 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Tadal7: 11:29am On Jun 05, 2018
Good morning all. Please just got pregnant and i ll like to have my baby in canada. Pls how do i start d process if getting medical visa. I need help pls. Thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Tadal7: 11:54am On Jun 05, 2018
Tadal7:
Good morning all. Please just got pregnant and i ll like to have my baby in canada. Pls how do i start d process if getting medical visa. I need help pls. Thank you.
Please help@hotstepper
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:04pm On Jun 05, 2018
Have u read from page 1?

Tadal7:

Please help@hotstepper
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 1:05pm On Jun 05, 2018
Tadal7:
visit their website, read the requirements, gather all your documents, choose either paper or online route, APPLY
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Tadal7: 1:32pm On Jun 05, 2018
Candybright:

visit their website, read the requirements, gather all your documents, choose either paper or online route, APPLY

Okay. I will go through it now. However pls am not due untill feb nxt year is it advisable i start application process now or I wait a bit. Also which one is better, paper or online? Pls can you also advise as per cheaper hospital to use? Thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Tadal7: 1:34pm On Jun 05, 2018
Hotstepper:
Have u read from page 1?

To be honest i did skip pages reading.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by manlikegb: 7:55pm On Jun 05, 2018
Tadal7:

To be honest i did skip pages reading.

Good thing is, you still have time on your side. Why don't you equip yourself with the abundance of info on the not so much 60+ pages on here. Also, I believe "canada visit" thread will do you a lot of good in terms of applying for a visa.

https://www.nairaland.com/2103860/canada-visit-tourist-visa-discussion/0

Read and ask questions along the way and people will be happy to guide you.

All the best.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 10:28am On Jun 06, 2018
Tadal7:

Okay. I will go through it now. However pls am not due untill feb nxt year is it advisable i start application process now or I wait a bit. Also which one is better, paper or online? Pls can you also advise as per cheaper hospital to use? Thank you.
you can wait since its strictly birthing trip you are applying for. Am not sure which is better but I THINK people prefer paper route. so many has been mentioned here. It will depend on where your host is or which city you intend to stay in, then you can check out the hospitals in that city.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by eniolaalab: 1:33pm On Jun 06, 2018
Nobody responded to my question, I am pregnant and want to apply for visa but I am not sure if I should choose between tourism and other(then State that the VISA is for childbirth). We already stated it in the letter of invite and purpose of travel letter that I am going for visit and will use the opportunity to give birth to my first child. Please help, really confused on what to choose for my purpose Of travel.
Candybright:

you can wait since its strictly birthing trip you are applying for. Am not sure which is better but I THINK people prefer paper route. so many has been mentioned here. It will depend on where your host is or which city you intend to stay in, then you can check out the hospitals in that city.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by eniolaalab: 5:20pm On Jun 06, 2018
@hotstepper please can you help with my question
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nadnad: 5:50pm On Jun 06, 2018
eniolaalab:
@hotstepper please can you help with my question

I think is whatever works for you’ if you already stated childbirth on your letter of invite then you can apply for and state it there as well.
And the earlier the better
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 6:28pm On Jun 06, 2018
Then state it again in the application . u can start choose tourism nd since you will be submitting a letter, they will see that asode visitig, u will usr the opportunity to birth there

eniolaalab:
Nobody responded to my question, I am pregnant and want to apply for visa but I am not sure if I should choose between tourism and other(then State that the VISA is for childbirth). We already stated it in the letter of invite and purpose of travel letter that I am going for visit and will use the opportunity to give birth to my first child. Please help, really confused on what to choose for my purpose Of travel.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nadnad: 7:09pm On Jun 06, 2018
People please help, for those that their husband didn’t come , how did you fill the birth certificate form and passport. Top urgent
Hotstepper can you help?
Am in Calgary and they said I cannot even take the form out of the hospital to dhl to him.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 10:13pm On Jun 06, 2018
birth certificate can be applied for online. or ppl who had their babies in alberta can help out

Nadnad:
People please help, for those that their husband didn’t come , how did you fill the birth certificate form and passport. Top urgent
Hotstepper can you help?
Am in Calgary and they said I cannot even take the form out of the hospital to dhl to him.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by eniolaalab: 8:02am On Jun 07, 2018
Thank you
Nadnad:

I think is whatever works for you’ if you already stated childbirth on your letter of invite then you can apply for and state it there as well.
And the earlier the better
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by eniolaalab: 8:02am On Jun 07, 2018
Thank you
Hotstepper:

Then state it again in the application . u can start choose tourism nd since you will be submitting a letter, they will see that asode visitig, u will usr the opportunity to birth there

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by eniolaalab: 12:59pm On Jun 07, 2018
If you are planning to do paper application and submit in Lagos office, pls go and get an appointment date first with your passport bio data. As of nof now, available date to submit ur application is June 28. I have to go to Abuja to submit my application coz I can’t wait till then. I just don’t know if Abuja is more strict with granting visa
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by shadetwins: 9:26am On Jun 08, 2018
Good day,
Pls how did you go about accommodation in Calgary
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by shadetwins: 9:27am On Jun 08, 2018
[quote author=Nadnad post=68068574]I came in last weekend , applied for my visa when I was already pregnant didn’t indicate childbirth because I wanted to go to the US.
But I changed my mind along the line and when I come in I declared at POE that I was here for childbirth. I was take to secondary inspection. They counted my cash and filled a form online for me and gave me a paper that will allow me stay for 6months and stamped my passport in for 6months as well.
They thanked me for my honesty and that was it.

Good day,
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 10:13am On Jun 08, 2018
Nadnad:
Hotstepper can you help?
Do you need husband's consent to fill birth certificate? I thought its only for baby's International passport. waiting for all your feedback. have you given birth already? congratulations.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nadnad: 11:17am On Jun 08, 2018
shadetwins:
Good day,

Staying with my brother and sister.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Funkymom: 5:45pm On Jun 16, 2018
I got into Calgary first week of this month . I was able to get an appointment with mosaic primary health care , they asked me to come with all my results and scabs from Nigeria which I did. Prenatal , doctor, postpartum care up to 6 weeks after delivery everything is cad 5000. The doctor is really nice and said she'll need to review my results from Lagos to know the ones i have to do . Sent me for scan and later asked me to go for some blood work.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Funkymom: 6:11pm On Jun 16, 2018
Am due in August and the hospital they use is Peter lougheed just beside the clinic. So prenatal, doctor and baby is settled....They gave us estimates for hospital, epidural and baby . Buy said the hospital will bill us after the baby comes .

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Koolmum: 6:52pm On Jun 16, 2018
Hi,

Please I need a furnished short term rental apartment for any where in Ontario GTA,whether Brampton, Mississauga, Vaughan etc.

Its for a family of 3 (2adults and an infant) from 30th June/July 1st for at least one month.

If you know anyone who has a place,basement to let out temporarily, kindly contact me.Its really urgent.

Thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by passionup: 9:47pm On Jun 16, 2018
Funkymom:
Am due in August and the hospital they use is Peter lougheed just beside the clinic. So prenatal, doctor and baby is settled....They gave us estimates for hospital, epidural and baby . Buy said the hospital will bill us after the baby comes .
Pla what are the estimates for hospital,epidural and baby?
Did the 5000cad charged my mosaic primary health care cover doctor, prenatal n baby? Kindly clarify. Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by graceyoo: 5:15pm On Jun 18, 2018
Please i need an accommodation ooo.

Candybright:

Wow, this Canada must become flexible like US in terms of childbirth. Very soon, we will conquer doctor acceptance hurdle and everything will become smooth. Pls I will like to know which doctor accepted you in Brampton. Anyone needing accommodation in Brampton can holla.

Congratulations
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by graceyoo: 5:32pm On Jun 18, 2018
pls which hospital are you using? I just discovered that brampton civic has stopped accepting international patients. Please help o. Im due to travel in August.

Koolmum:
Hi,

Please I need a furnished short term rental apartment for any where in Ontario GTA,whether Brampton, Mississauga, Vaughan etc.

Its for a family of 3 (2adults and an infant) from 30th June/July 1st for at least one month.

If you know anyone who has a place,basement to let out temporarily, kindly contact me.Its really urgent.

Thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 9:50am On Jun 19, 2018
graceyoo:
Please i need an accommodation ooo.

for which month?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 10:47am On Jun 19, 2018
Koolmum:
Hi,

Thanks.
I sent you a Pm for accommodation in Brampton Ontario.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Koolmum: 10:49am On Jun 19, 2018
Candybright:
I sent you a Pm for accommodation in Brampton Ontario.

Hi

Just saw it and have responded to u.

Kindly send to me what uve got

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Koolmum: 11:00am On Jun 19, 2018
graceyoo:
pls which hospital are you using? I just discovered that brampton civic has stopped accepting international patients. Please help o. Im due to travel in August.

Eeeya,I am not here to put to bed,I already did that but that was in Winnipeg. Just want to share accommodation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.