Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings (11360 Views)

Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings / Nigeria Drops To 63rd On FIFA Rankings / Nigeria Drops To 43rd Position In Fifa Rankings (2) (3) (4)

Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by LTSHANGY: 3:34pm On Jul 04, 2013
Omo, the fifa ranking na complete rubbish, imagine, columbia dey 3rd place..
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by free2ryhme: 3:37pm On Jul 04, 2013
aye o kpare undecided
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by mercato: 3:38pm On Jul 04, 2013
Like we care
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by VanTee20(m): 3:47pm On Jul 04, 2013
Abeg make una free FIFA small. The ranking is based on the amounts of points raked from friendly and competitive matches we played... Remember we drew two, lost two and won only one of our last five matches, that is the reason for our drop...
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by taiocol: 3:48pm On Jul 04, 2013
so who cares 4 d rubbish ranking. Out of d top 10 i nr sure if 3 team go fit win naija. *signing in mi voice* Mtchweeee Nonsense
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by busar(m): 3:48pm On Jul 04, 2013
Hope Spain has drop point(s) also?
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by taiocol: 3:49pm On Jul 04, 2013
VanTee20: Abeg make una free FIFA small. The ranking is based on the amounts of points raked from friendly and competitive matches we played... Remember we drew two, lost two and won only one of our last five matches, that is the reason for our drop...
ur left yarnsh[b]
VanTee20: Abeg make una free FIFA small. The ranking is based on the amounts of points raked from friendly and competitive matches we played... Remember we drew two, lost two and won only one of our last five matches, that is the reason for our drop...
ur left yarnsh[/b]
ur left yarnsh
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by mamagee3(f): 3:51pm On Jul 04, 2013
I was expecting this to happen. . .

Fifa rankings is just a joke, how Is Cote d'Ivoire above Nigeria?

Fifa is something else
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by VanTee20(m): 3:56pm On Jul 04, 2013
taiocol: ur left yarnsh[b] ur left yarnsh[/b] ur left yarnsh

Some people think through their anus... Please tell me why Brazil, who are the reigning confeds champs, didn't just leapfrog to the first position on the Ranking?
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by Arosa(m): 4:01pm On Jul 04, 2013
Fifa na mumu dem be.
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by autumnflower(f): 4:14pm On Jul 04, 2013
[size=14pt]do they have match in kaduna?? i just saw them. i would have taken pictures but my phone was dead. surprising thing is that keshi was driving the bus.[/size]
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by torgbe(m): 4:19pm On Jul 04, 2013
FineBro: We will get there someday! No team can defeat us in Africa. We are still the best.
in ur dreams
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by torgbe(m): 4:22pm On Jul 04, 2013
wckabuoh: This Ranking is not justtified. In my opinion Nigeria should be no. 1 in Africa and among the top 20 off the world.
sharrap and stop displaying ur ignorance
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by emmanuel4758(m): 4:22pm On Jul 04, 2013
Toppiano: FIFA rating na rubbish. Super Eagles carry unbeaten win nations cup still we nor dey first. Na dem sabi. Abi dem expect us to go win confederation cup ni? If Spain nor win, Italy nor win, Uruguay nor win why dem come dey embarrass us with yeye rating. In fact dem suppose rate all teams for confederation cup 1 to 8 first make others follow grin grin grin grin grin

Kudo to Keshi and the boys jare. As for me, make our boys enjoy themself like say FIFA nor exist.

Keshi, just qualify for world cup jare... I dey ya back

includin tahiti .lol
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by emmanuel4758(m): 4:24pm On Jul 04, 2013
autumn.flower:
[size=14pt]do they have match in kaduna?? i just saw them. i would have taken pictures but my phone was dead. surprising thing is that keshi was driving the bus.[/size]
lie lie women sabi lie sha
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 04, 2013
LabourParty: FIFA is a joke.

This is monthly rating. For football watin Naija do since 60 days? Dont be surprise if we draw our next game with Malawi because Keshi is trying and we have to keep praising him for his good work in AFCON
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 04, 2013
Whatever.. FIFA ranking is not everything.
...But their loss to Uruguay was a very cheap loss angry
Either those boys know nothing about the rules of football or they decided to ignore that day.
It's a shame! embarassed angry
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by torgbe(m): 4:26pm On Jul 04, 2013
Emade: D super eagles won d nation cup n fifa never rated nigeria number one in africa...I wonder wat fifa is usein to do der rating...Super eagles remind number one
what is this one saying? You better keep mute than disgrace yourself openly
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 04, 2013
wckabuoh: This Ranking is not justtified. In my opinion Nigeria should be no. 1 in Africa and among the top 20 off the world.

How can u be no.1 africa when many countries have qualified for the main stage of World Cup 2014...
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by torgbe(m): 4:29pm On Jul 04, 2013
justplainpaul: Fifa head no complete. which kind ranking be this. naija surpose dey that kind 17 or 18.
wey ur trapezium head complete abi? Do ur own ranking and put 9ja for no.1..lmao
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by torgbe(m): 4:30pm On Jul 04, 2013
LabourParty: FIFA is a joke.
and u are a clown
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 04, 2013
Mr. Script:
d boys r still gud. Kudos 2 Keshi
The boys are good? what a joker. Dont be surprise if we draw our next game with Malawi because the boys r good; Keshi is trying and we have to keep praising him for his good work at AFCON
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by autumnflower(f): 4:33pm On Jul 04, 2013
emmanuel4758: lie lie women sabi lie sha
what will i gain from lying? i would have had pics t show, but like i said my phone ran out of juice and is still out seff
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by torgbe(m): 4:36pm On Jul 04, 2013
Toppiano: FIFA rating na rubbish. Super Eagles carry unbeaten win nations cup still we nor dey first. Na dem sabi. Abi dem expect us to go win confederation cup ni? If Spain nor win, Italy nor win, Uruguay nor win why dem come dey embarrass us with yeye rating. In fact dem suppose rate all teams for confederation cup 1 to 8 first make others follow grin grin grin grin grin

Kudo to Keshi and the boys jare. As for me, make our boys enjoy themself like say FIFA nor exist.

Keshi, just qualify for world cup jare... I dey ya back

just imagine tahiti being no.8

i believed u have identified ur buffoonery.

Oga seun u gotta flash out scumbags outta ya forum to pave way for a more civil discussion. Nairaland is turning to a joke
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by torgbe(m): 4:40pm On Jul 04, 2013
VanTee20:

Some people think through their anus... Please tell me why Brazil, who are the reigning confeds champs, didn't just leapfrog to the first position on the Ranking?
do you now know your people..dnt hv much to say
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by Afam4eva(m): 4:40pm On Jul 04, 2013
FIFA needs to review their algorithm for ranking countries. I see no reason why Nigeria shouldn't be the number one team in Africa despite going to the confed cup unbeaten. When was the last time we were beaten by an African team?
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by torgbe(m): 4:41pm On Jul 04, 2013
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by Pistolx(m): 4:42pm On Jul 04, 2013
Pls watz tahiti position on dat list
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by seunlayi(m): 4:44pm On Jul 04, 2013
fifa should just keep there ranking.
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by torgbe(m): 4:45pm On Jul 04, 2013
The nigerian team is total rubbish,below average and mediocre.FIFA just confirmed it. I m outta here..

Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by Lilimax(f): 4:55pm On Jul 04, 2013
This FIFA ranking seems to be subjective undecided We are still the best in African tongue
Re: Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings by akpos4uall(m): 5:21pm On Jul 04, 2013

So you think your idea makes much more sense than the one an organisation such as FIFA must have set down in rating teams? You suppose to ask why and how is it done and not you jumping to such conclusion.
This is why it is the way it is;
[b]FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking Procedure
How are points calculated in
the FIFA/Coca-Cola World
Ranking?
The basic logic of these calculations is simple: any
team that does well in world football wins points
which enable it to climb the world ranking.
A team’s total number of points over a four-year
period is determined by adding:
· the average number of points gained from
matches during the past 12 months;
and
· the average number of points gained from
matches older than 12 months (depreciates yearly).
Calculation of points for a single match
The number of points that can be won in a match
depends on the following factors:
• Was the match won or drawn? (M)
• How important was the match (ranging from a
friendly match to a FIFA World Cup™ match)? (I)
• How strong was the opposing team in terms of
ranking position and the confederation to which they
belong? (T and C)
These factors are brought together in the following
formula to ascertain the total number of points (P).
P = M x I x T x C
The following criteria apply to the calculation of
Teams gain 3 points for a victory, 1 point for a draw
and 0 points for a defeat. In a penalty shoot-out, the
winning team gains 2 points and the losing team
gains 1 point.
I: Importance of match
Friendly match (including small
competitions): I = 1.0
FIFA World Cup™ qualifier or confederation-level
qualifier: I = 2.5
Confederation-level final competition or FIFA
Confederations Cup: I = 3.0
FIFA World Cup™ final
competition: I
= 4.0
T: Strength of opposing team
The strength of the opponents is based on the
formula: 200 – the ranking position of the opponents
As an exception to this formula, the team at the top
of the ranking is always assigned the value 200 and
the teams ranked 150th and below are assigned a
minimum value of 50. The ranking position is taken
from the opponents’ ranking in the most recently
published FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking.
C: Strength of confederation
When calculating matches between teams from
different confederations, the mean value of the
confederations to which the two competing teams
belong is used. The strength of a confederation is
calculated on the basis of the number of victories by
that confederation at the last three FIFA World Cup™
competitions (see following page). Their values are
as follows:
UEFA/CONMEBOL 1.00
CONCACAF 0.88
AFC/CAF 0.86 OFC
0.85 [/b]
www.fifa.com/worldranking/procedureandschedule/menprocedure/index.html

Abeg make una bear with me for the copy n paste cause na from ma mobile.

Aubameyang Left Out Of Arsenal's Mid-Season Trip To Dubai, Left In London / Tunisia Vs Australia: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (0 - 1) On 26th Nov 2022 / AFCON 2012 3rd Place: Ghana Vs Mali (0 - 2) On 11th February 2012