Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Egyptian Moves...Good Or Bad? and its Implication On Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Egyptian Moves...Good Or Bad? and its Implication On Nigeria (639 Views)

Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps / Heavy Rainfall In Lagos: Good Or Bad Sign For APC's Rally? / Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egyptian Moves...Good Or Bad? and its Implication On Nigeria by Nathaniel734: 11:28am On Jul 04, 2013
Like everybody, we are watching very carefully what's happening in Egypt, The Morsi government has struggled with the [smuggling] tunnels, rebel activity, arms smuggling — all sorts of things. They have done their best in many ways to shut that down, and now that government is gone. Adly Mansour, 68, chairman of the Supreme Constitutional Court, takes over as acting president during an unspecified transitional period. Egypt is in many ways the most important country in the Middle East and this will likely have ramifications far beyond the ancient country's borders, potentially affecting the balance of power in the Middle East and across African countries.

Now our concern is this:
Was that a good way to unsit an alleged legitimate government?
Will this in any way affect Nigeria or Nigerians at large?
Can Nigerians take to the street too?

Letz have a highly intellectual debate here
Re: Egyptian Moves...Good Or Bad? and its Implication On Nigeria by MAYOWAAK: 11:35am On Jul 04, 2013
1).Nigeria_________________Oga Morsi..you Bleep up big time.!.How you come allow your people chase you out like chicken,after winning a majority in the last election,adjudged to be free and fair?

Morsi_____________________Honestly.am so confused.If only we have Yorubas,Hausas,Igbos and some other few tribes in Egypt..am sure I will still be in power by now.They would have formed some powerful pressure groups that would have saved my political life.(i.e youths earnestly ask for Morsi).

2).Nigeria__________________But na you turn ya self into baba go slow..as soon as you became the president,you for immediately divide Egypt into 6 geo- political zones and put ya men as the elders of those zone..They will immediately start to dey make noise inside television and radio plus newspaper say,you be the best president ever.You go now sponsor them go America and London for international conferences.They then start to fight all the opposition for you.Haba Oga Morsi..since all these years you never read Nicole Machiavelli ne?

Morsi______________________My brother..wallahi,me i was being guided by a honest approach to issues.Trying to give Egypt the best.

3).Nigeria___________________My friend.You should blame your naivety.You should have sought advice from me.Immediately a president is sworn in nigeria,he after 6 months into his 1st term,will start to dey prepare for his 2nd term.Which means for the entire 2 terms,the nigerian president is only politicking which takes away the minds of Nigerians from critical issues and ensure that the president doesn't get disturbed.

Morsi_______________________But I tried to placate the military and bring them on board.

4).Nigeria_____________________You see ya sef..Which kind military you dey placate.No be them push you commot.Na so them dey placate military.No be ya village man you for give minister for Defence?.Your brother na him go become chief of army staff..Your cousin,chairman joint chief of staffs...and for every month you go dey fill them pockets with fine fine amount of dollars..if to say you play am like this..nobody go touch you...But e be like say you ma,you dey stingy small...it doesn't make sense for you to be in control of the treasury and people come trowey you commot from office like goat!

Morsi__________________________despite all,I though America and UK go support democracy and fight against military intervention...Afterall they have been preaching democracy all these years.

5)Nigera_______________________.Which democracy you wan America to defend..Since you no get oil,those people no go dey interested on your protection..Look these people,na money them want,,,them don tire for giving ya country aid..So make you no deceive ya sef..You don play foul big time..The only thing wey remain,na for you to come nigeria and settle,so that you for learn correct politics.....You be small pickin for politics...Na local government chairman fit you..Haba..even small politician for nigeria no go fit Bleep up like you...since you enter government,you no fit find correct area boys to defend you..Where you wan carry all the money go......mtcheew!

1 Like

Re: Egyptian Moves...Good Or Bad? and its Implication On Nigeria by Camilia247: 12:00pm On Jul 04, 2013
This should be on front page dear moderators for more reasonable contributions, because this is a a very serious issue.
i dnt see Nigerians has being capable of taking to the streets enmasse, although this may have a great effect on the psyche of Nigerians.
Re: Egyptian Moves...Good Or Bad? and its Implication On Nigeria by IleIfe2(m): 6:26pm On Jul 04, 2013
tunnels, rebel activity, arms smuggling etc are not really the problem. He won just 51.7% votes out of 51 turnout but instead of creating an all inclusive government that caters for everyone, he sets out to create an Egypt for radical muslims only. Morsi pursued an islamist agenda instead an Egyptian one. Woe betide him and anyone else that thinks they can force their religion on everybody.
Re: Egyptian Moves...Good Or Bad? and its Implication On Nigeria by Rossikk(m): 6:41pm On Jul 04, 2013
Ile-Ife:
tunnels, rebel activity, arms smuggling etc are not really the problem. He won just 51.7% votes out of 51 turnout but instead of creating an all inclusive government that caters for everyone, he sets out to create an Egypt for radical muslims only. Morsi pursued an islamist agenda instead an Egyptian one. Woe betide him and anyone else that thinks they can force their religion on everybody.

Thank you. The fact is that Nigerian politicians are far more sophisticated than Egyptian politicians, and a Nigerian leader would never rule as if he had a majority, with just 51% support. Can you imagine Buhari coming to power with just over half the vote, and imposing Sharia across the nation? He won't try it. But this was the sort of thing Morsi was trying to do.

Also, politically, Nigeria itself has advanced beyond what Egypt is going through. Egyptians still think the military is their friend. I mean that was where we were in 1976!

It may still take them another 15 to 20 years to figure out what we did long long ago - that the worst civilian govt is better than the best military administration.

(1) (Reply)

Goodnews. Asup Strike Finally Call Off. / What Reuben Abati Said About Patience Jonathan In 2010 / BOKO HARAM: Senate Watches Video Of Sect’s Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.