Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,990 members, 7,825,069 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps (38041 Views)

Umahi Gives Innoson Jeeps To Traditional Rulers In Ebonyi. PICS / Senate Buys 108 Jeeps At Twice Price. / Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by abitex577(m): 6:39am On Dec 17, 2015
A can of worms was open when the names of ‘highly placed’ Nigerians who got a share of the alleged $2.1b arms scandal started flying in the media.
More disturbing was that President Buhari’s name was mentioned as a partaker of the loot.
Though his media team did a good job of debunking the claim that Mr. President collected $300,000, they confirmed he received two jeeps, adding that it was his entitlement and he was even ‘prevailed upon’ to receive the vehicles.
Popular Nigerian lawyer, Festus Keyamo has come out to clear the air on the legal implications of the President receiving the cars.
[/b]Keyamo on his Twitter timeline said “The Law on d entitlements of former Heads of State says they're entitled to 3 cars each to be changed by d FG every 4 years + other benefits.”
Adding that “The cars given to former Heads of State are ppties of d F.G as they must be returned & replaced every 4 yrs. They can't be declared as gifts.”[b]

[/b]“The law did not say which office of d F.G caters for ex-Presidents. But, I know it's illegal for d NSA to pick d bills of a political party,” he said.[b]
Festus Keyamo is a Nigerian lawyer, human right activist, social commentator and columnist.

http://pulse.ng/local/buhari-keyamo-speaks-on-legal-implication-of-presidents-gift-of-2-jeeps-id4472000.html

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by ORACLE1975(m): 6:41am On Dec 17, 2015
Great NIGERIA, everyday nah so so bad news we have no clue of what may be next.

GOD please forgive us.

6 Likes

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by mandhi(m): 6:43am On Dec 17, 2015
His right am afraid.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by jomoh: 6:46am On Dec 17, 2015
You for arrange this thing well na

2 Likes

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by Tolexander: 6:49am On Dec 17, 2015
Thanks Mr Festus Keyamo on that.

The very question we need asking before exonerating Mr President is that, The cars(2 Toyota Land cruiser, armored and unarmored) given to him, were they presented status quo ante ie the way/protocol the entitlements were presented over the years?

Because if there is a legal back up, definitely, there should be a protocol to be followed.

88 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by Nobody: 6:56am On Dec 17, 2015
The Z is falling...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by olumide81(m): 6:57am On Dec 17, 2015
Never again shall a clueless nigger rule this country, if its the position of the law to present cars and other benefits to former head of states.......why make such deductions from arms fund. 'When you fight with the pig......i rest my case

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by Demdem(m): 6:58am On Dec 17, 2015
“The law did not say which office of d F.G caters for ex-Presidents. But, I know it's illegal for d NSA to pick d bills of a political party,” he said.

Makes sense.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by yahrant140(m): 6:59am On Dec 17, 2015
Anybody can try to gild the lily, nobody can change the fact that mother is universally called Mama. A thief is a thief. This may be one scandal that will trump Watergate in the Guinness. I will never defend corrupters in my life. Anybody found guilty should not only be published but be given Chinese model of retribution. This is defining moment.

9 Likes

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by Demdem(m): 7:00am On Dec 17, 2015
If the law says three and the General was given two then Dasuki could have embezzled the third. undecided he needs to explain.

140 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by ogdada: 7:04am On Dec 17, 2015
Igbeyi aye......
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by kolnel: 7:05am On Dec 17, 2015
Definitely ex presidents are entitled to three cars every four years
Buhari only got part of his entitlements
Tho I think this dasuki case should be rounded up on time, I'm tired of newspapers trials

2 Likes

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by permsec: 7:05am On Dec 17, 2015
Buhari is a coded yam eater.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by kahal29: 7:07am On Dec 17, 2015
Demdem:
If the law said three and the General was given two then Dasuki could have embezzled the third. undecided he needs to explain.

I second

32 Likes

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by Dannyset(m): 7:17am On Dec 17, 2015
Demdem:
If the law said three and the General was given two then Dasuki could have embezzled the third. undecided he needs to explain.

LMAO!
Majority of those sentimentally reasoning being think Dasuki got Buhari on this, No! It was the FG who got him the cars as usual.
So it's with the FG to clear itself on where the money was taken from to buy the cars that was presented to Buhari.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by blazetitov: 7:19am On Dec 17, 2015
This is becoming interesting. At least PMB did not collect cash from ONSA to buy cars. Wailers should stop wailing please.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by realborn(m): 7:26am On Dec 17, 2015
Thanks Keyamo.

It is repulsive to see those who oppose this government with hatred do everything possible to thwart or neutralize the ongoing prosecution of the armsgate perpetrators and beneficiaries.

How does providing for the constitutional entitlement of an ex Head of State to a tune of N60m after he escaped an assassination attempt equate to the unconstitutional payment of political allies and vendors for campaign purposes to a tune of over N500b? If the NSA's office deemed it fit to proactively procure these vehicles as a matter of security importance, the office can seek a reimbursable from the MDA responsible, if not the ONSA itself.

This was the approach used to thwart the Subsidy Probe until it died. The gainers remain the subsidy thieves, the losers remain the people of Nigeria.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by ewigmee: 7:27am On Dec 17, 2015
Pls I want to know if the law stated that the car should be replaced when damaged, even if it's not 4yrs or due for replacement. Someone help pls.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by looseweight: 7:43am On Dec 17, 2015
Thank you Mr lawyer...
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by menesheh(m): 7:43am On Dec 17, 2015
If Buratai's name was Ihejirika & Buhari's name was Jonathan, I sincerely doubt a lot of us would have been in the camps we currently are in

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by DirtyGold: 7:44am On Dec 17, 2015
PMB got his constitutional entitlement (even less) and the constitution didn't specify kind, make or price of such vehicles. And it is the office of the NSA that is solely in charge of bulletproof cars so why all the fuss?

Nigerians should instead be criticizing the decision and discretion of the last government for lavising/misappropriating/diverting public funds with reckless abandon.

This is simply corruption fighting back. The League of corruption sympathizers should be put to shame ASAP.

8 Likes

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by Sijo01(f): 7:44am On Dec 17, 2015
BooohariGate cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by BCISLTD: 7:44am On Dec 17, 2015
angry
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by MuamarGaddaffi: 7:45am On Dec 17, 2015
uwqa
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by agabaI23(m): 7:46am On Dec 17, 2015
Demdem:
“The law did not say which office of d F.G caters for ex-Presidents. But, I know it's illegal for d NSA to pick d bills of a political party,” he said.

Makes sense.
"But I know it's illegal for the NSA to pick the bills of a political party"

3 Likes

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by allthingsgood: 7:47am On Dec 17, 2015
PDP!! DEAD PARTY!!!!! grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by Opiosko: 7:47am On Dec 17, 2015
Tolexander:
Thanks Mr Festus Keyamo on that.

The very question we need asking before exonerating Mr President is that, The cars(2 Toyota Land cruiser, armored and unarmored) given to him, were they presented status quo ante ie the way/protocol the entitlements were presented over the years?

Because if there is a legal back up, definitely, there should be a protocol to be followed.
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by AfroKnight: 7:47am On Dec 17, 2015
Demdem:
Thank you my brother. grin Dasuki has a lot to explain. He shall have his day in court.

We know the SUVs are part of the entitlement of the former head of states. I know PDP knows this, they just want to remind us that they are still alive. grin

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Begin Investigation After Officer Vowed To Kill 200 People If PMB Dies / Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption / INEC Twitter Handler Caught Liking News Post Against Peter Obi. Sparks Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.