Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria (58792 Views)

Women, Childbirth And Laziness / How Do Northern Women Stay Silent During Childbirth? / Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by devour129: 5:18pm On Jul 05, 2013
Diff hospital is good.if you can afford it go to diff.they have the equipments ,good staff and fab Gynos.
Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by Policewoman(f): 5:22pm On Jul 05, 2013
devour129: Diff hospital is good.if you can afford it go to diff.they have the equipments ,good staff and fab Gynos.
DIFF charges like N850,000 for a normal Caeserean Section. That is with enough ABEG Ohh!!!
Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by Ashabie(f): 5:22pm On Jul 05, 2013
May God save us in this country,a friend of mine gave birth early this year,the Doctor seeing in the scan that the twins are not in normal position for birth,he first allow her to go through the normal labour to have one and then section her the next morning to have the second.the baby is weak already,we almost loose her if not for God.the. Question I asked him before I left was,seeing those children in that condition why didn't you prepare her to CS in the first place,why did you allow her to go through the pain to have d girl and section her for the boy.as if that is not enough,they bill her for normal labour and for CS.you can imagine the wickedness.only God can save us in this country.though I didn't have my baby in 9ja,and with the help of periduaral injection,I can't say I really no what labour pain is,but what about ppl that can't afford it.olorun as'anu fun wa ni Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by fairari022(m): 5:25pm On Jul 05, 2013
Policewoman: Nigger buzz off if you have nothing to say. This is for Ladiez only. angry
see last corporal dey use N word. Oya shun 4 me hot

1 Like

Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 05, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
There is no bad thing in cs.I will definetly give birth to all my kids tru that.unless one uses bad hospital and wrong timing.

No bad thing in cs? Surely you are just kidding. undecided
Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by Policewoman(f): 5:30pm On Jul 05, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

No bad thing in cs? Surely you are just kidding. undecided
He is a guy, don't mind the trollers.
Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by olivegirl(f): 5:31pm On Jul 05, 2013
honey86: it would be nice if nairalanders based in Nigeria can give us names of good hospitals where they have given birth in the past.
in ajah here I live. Ikota family care hospital is very nice. They gave me good attention. Pls use them . At the back of ikota primary school
Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 05, 2013
Policewoman: He is a guy, don't mind the trollers.

Ok good. I though it was a guy but that post made me question it.

I can't give my opinions/experiences regarding Nigerian hospitals as mine were all born in US but I had an emergency CS with my last born. My water had been ruptured for 10 days and the CS was the worst experience ever. I cannot imagine those who elect to have them instead of natural birth.

1 Like

Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 05, 2013
Easy peasy. But I paid through the nose!
Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 05, 2013
aysometin: Hi Brito,

So sorry to hear about your experience, CS is never easy for anyone but depending on the support and kind of care you get, it can be a whole lot easier.

First of all, was it the hospital, the staff or the way the surgery was done? If so, I suggest you do research on very good hospitals around you. I hear once you have had a CS, you are more likely to have another but you can prepare yourself.

The midwife was so rude and doc that did the CS, 2 years later I had a miscarriage, it was not easy for me. Thanks alot for the advice.
Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by docxdee(m): 5:48pm On Jul 05, 2013
Luth..iz prolly d cheapest n safest in nig I can vouch for
Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 05, 2013
olivegirl: in ajah here I live. Ikota family care hospital is very nice. They gave me good attention. Pls use them . At the back of ikota primary school
I stay in ibadan
Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 05, 2013
Please suggest hospitals in IBADAN.
Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by elpatch(m): 5:55pm On Jul 05, 2013
There are various indications for the use of general anasthesia as against spinal in c-section:for instance in eclampsia(when a pregnant woman convulse during pregnancy due to high blood pressure and some kidney damage)-you don't want to give spinal cos it may trigger more convulsion which is not good for the patient's brain.although this is an area of controversy.Also,in a centre where the personnel to do spinal is not available.
For episiotomy-surgical incision made on the vaginal to allow for the head of the baby to descend.anything that will not allow the head to descend well in a favourable cervix is an indication for episiotomy.also if instrument like forceps is to be used to assist delivery,yes episiotomy is a must.however,not all vaginal deliveries require episiotomy.
I hope somebody has been educated.
Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 05, 2013
Policewoman: I would advise those going for C.S to request for an epidural. It makes the whole thing less painful and quick also. But sha make sure your husband finds out if they have a good anaesthetologist. For Abuja, DIFF, Nisa Premier, Zankli are ok, but they are very expensive (some C.S can cost as much as N1M)or Asokoro, Maitama or Garki general hospitals. Abuja clinics too is very good. One of the best.
U r right abt d epidural thing.I was chatting all tru and know exactly what was happenin at every minute. My gyneo and anaesthetic man were very entertaining. At dr hassan's clinic maitama.its an indian clinic.I stayed up to a week cos I was short of blood and need monitoring. Honestly it didn't last up to 45 minutes.
Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by Ramcie(f): 6:00pm On Jul 05, 2013
Policewoman: DIFF charges like N850,000 for a normal Caeserean Section. That is with enough ABEG Ohh!!!

plz do you know how much Nisa Premier charges for CS. just registered with them and so far, they are not so expensive. also how good are they? one thing I know for sure is that, they are very kind.

1 Like

Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by yuzedo: 6:03pm On Jul 05, 2013
aysometin: For me I had my 1st baby at Basildon hospital, my midwife was cool from another african couNtry I guess. On my birthday I was 34 weeks and went for the regular checkup and she found out I had preclampsia, I was rushed to the hospital and the kind of care I got was amazing. I was at the intensive care unit with about 3 midwifes and one consultant attending to me. They were trying to get my BP down so they can bring out the baby. The consultant even said to me ' I heard today is your birthday so I will make sure you have the baby today', they were so nice. I was rushed to the thheatre when they sensed the baby's heartbeat had dropped at about 11.15pm. After all the preparation the consultant said what's the time? They told him 11.45pm, he said we must have this baby today. He started working and was asking of the time at intervals, he brought out the baby and asked for the time and they told him 11.58pm and he smiled, everybody started clapping. My hubby told me all these because I was to weak to even notice, I just heard the clap and thought it was because my boy was born.
smiley smiley smiley

nikkyshyne: I lost my mum thru childbirth cry
embarassed
Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by tnwmagcom: 6:05pm On Jul 05, 2013
el-patch:
There are various indications for the use of general anasthesia as against spinal in c-section:for instance in eclampsia(when a pregnant woman convulse during pregnancy due to high blood pressure and some kidney damage)-you don't want to give spinal cos it may trigger more convulsion which is not good for the patient's brain.although this is an area of controversy.Also,in a centre where the personnel to do spinal is not available.
For episiotomy-surgical incision made on the vaginal to allow for the head of the baby to descend.anything that will not allow the head to descend well in a favourable cervix is an indication for episiotomy.also if instrument like forceps is to be used to assist delivery,yes episiotomy is a must.however,not all vaginal deliveries require episiotomy.
I hope somebody has been educated.

Thanks for clarifying. The point about episiotomy is not clear. Are you saying, it is only when instruments need to be used that an episiotomy becomes necessary. I have heard some teaching hospitals just cut all women o. I sincerely hope it was an exaggeration.
Re: Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 05, 2013
tnwmag.com:

Thanks for clarifying. The point about episiotomy is not clear. Are you saying, it is only when instruments need to be used that an episiotomy becomes necessary. I have heard some teaching hospitals just cut all women o. I sincerely hope it was an exaggeration.
its not an exaggeration,only a few hospitals would be patient and see if you could deliver without one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Couldn't Say A Word When I Saw This (photo) / Corper Divorces Her Husband In Jos, Refunds N80K Dowry / Meet Sayo And Jomi: Taiwo Sayo & Kehinde Folajomi, Identical Twin Sisters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.