Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,924 members, 7,821,239 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) (18850 Views)

Aliyu Giwa, Nigerian Policeman Dapper Than Some Musicians (Photos) / VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Nigerian Police SHOOTING An Unarmed Civilian!!! (VIDEO) / Soldiers Treat A Civilian Like An Animal In Nasarawa State (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by 50calibre(m): 11:40pm On Jul 04, 2013
Typical Nigerian police, rabid dogs. These guys embody everything that's wrong with Nigeria, corruption, savagery, mediocrity, unprofessionalism, you name it.

Threatening to gun down a civilian, why don't you channel that anger and zeal toward hunting terrorists a d criminals?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by frankpessu(m): 12:04am On Jul 05, 2013
Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by Emmysteve(m): 12:11am On Jul 05, 2013
iamswizz: 24th to comment
pele
Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by Emmysteve(m): 12:12am On Jul 05, 2013
stu,pid police officer
Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 05, 2013
brownlord: I no fit waiste megabite take watch the video, but i know say the thread no be for me, abi road block don dey up ni? Na private jet tins me take dey roll now, thank God say i no be poor man

See ya mouth

Comment to 4th
Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by 1forall: 12:22am On Jul 05, 2013
NoContract: Where is Policewoman?

Come and defend your clan! shocked shocked grin grin grin

You took that straight off my fingers, where she at?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by Stone123(m): 12:29am On Jul 05, 2013
I've no reason whatsoever to blame the officer threatening to 'gun someone down' considering the rotten path to police recruitment in Nigeria. The Institution has been bastardized and believe me I've absolutely no confidence in Nigerian police. 'Okwute'
Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by Stone123(m): 12:35am On Jul 05, 2013
Personally I've absolutely no confidence in Nigerian police considering the rotten path to their recruitment and believe me this disconnect between the institution and the masses will continue to grow wider...'okwute'
Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by DisGuy: 12:53am On Jul 05, 2013
Joyfullyme: Carefully listen to what he said.
"I should leave you to rough handle him? I will gun you down."
If you look carefully you would notice that it was a group that wanted to confront somebody.

wow so that's enough to gun him down ? not even arrest him?

choi
Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by 1forall: 12:58am On Jul 05, 2013
There was a country!
Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by Abagworo(m): 1:04am On Jul 05, 2013
Stone123: Personally I've absolutely no confidence in Nigerian police considering the rotten path to their recruitment and believe me this disconnect between the institution and the masses will continue to grow wider...'okwute'

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/shock-as-police-recover-20-skulls-at-aba-dump-site/

•Four cops arrested for killing man, 26

From OKEY SAMPSON, Aba

A dumpsite has been discovered near Aba, Abia State, where over 20 human skulls and decomposing bodies, including those of school children were found. The site, which was a horror to behold was located, at about kilometre 15 on the Aba/Azumini Highway at an area called “No man’s land” after Akpaa village in Obingwa Local Government of the state.

The discovery followed the arrest of four policemen attached to the Federal Highway Patrol unit of the Nigeria Police, Aba Section, who allegedly killed a 26-year-old man in Aba.

The policemen led by their officer-in-charge, Hyginus Omeze, who were ordered to be detained by the Area Commander for Aba, Rabiu Dayi were alleged to have murdered one Onyekachi Chukwu, 26 and dumped his body at the site.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by supaeagles(m): 1:58am On Jul 05, 2013
The police man sounded/looked similar to officer shem of NSCDC (cough dats all). I wonder if they are related.
Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by mcevans1(m): 2:44am On Jul 05, 2013
(Comment of a viewer on Youtube)

"""""""""This is not the true position of what transpired at the Airport. I witnessed it personally. FAAN's men threatened to dis harm the policeman who was attached to protect a prominent Nigerian International businessman, who was the target of FAAN. FAAN knowingly organised the confusion that happened yesterday, to perpetrate illegality. Further comments is welcome. """""""
Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by Airforce1(m): 2:55am On Jul 05, 2013
Igbo police officers are well behaved and values human life unlike there colleagues from South West

My opinion
Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by 1forall: 2:57am On Jul 05, 2013
mc~evans:

"""""""""This is not the true position of what transpired at the Airport. I witnessed it personally. FAAN's men threatened to dis harm the policeman who was attached to protect a prominent Nigerian International businessman, who was the target of FAAN. FAAN knowingly organised the confusion that happened yesterday, to perpetrate illegality. Further comments is welcome. """""""

Is there any justification for publicly threatening to commit murder by a supposed enforcer of the law?

(Another comment of a viewer on Youtube)

"Such conduct is absolutely unacceptable no matter the circumstances, I mean, was there a war going on there or what? To those supporting police brutality to the extent of justifying police issuing murder threats, ha! Please look in a mirror, you would see one of the reasons why Nigeria is the way it is, then you can kindly help us to start fixing it from there. Thank you."

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by 1forall: 3:13am On Jul 05, 2013
smiley
Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by Nobody: 3:29am On Jul 05, 2013
I don't see a problem.

He was issued a gun and ammunition and trained to use his judgement when to discharge it.

Dead Men don't sing.
Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by Nobody: 3:32am On Jul 05, 2013
mc~evans:

That threat in itself is probable cause that should result in a felony arrest. If the person issuing the threat makes a move towards the Officer then he should be shot. If I served on a jury I would vote to acquit that Police Officer.
Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by DisGuy: 3:32am On Jul 05, 2013
ahh here's Somorin again fresh from the NYSC brutality page
Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by splashbaby(m): 3:42am On Jul 05, 2013
PurestBoy:

Bros like play like play your matter don dey worse, dis one no be physical problem o
I no go laff!.....LMFAO
Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by obuji: 3:57am On Jul 05, 2013
Tell me why such police man should not be dismissed from his JOB
or we should wait until he really GUN an innocent citizen down simply because he has gun..
useless government..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by Godson201333(m): 5:28am On Jul 05, 2013
MissYuzedo: chai poor man yaf suffers in this cuntry. thank gord for my richnex wit my oyoyo

Lol I just noticed you,Yuzedo wife how u dey?I must not catch your baby on the dating,romance and sexuality Thread anyways ya all cheating here sha!
Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by InvertedHammer: 5:40am On Jul 05, 2013
/
The man no sabi pose.

I for swear for the policeman that he no fit do anything.

In short, I would have picked up my phone and tell the olopa that I am calling my uncle who is the Assistant President of Ombatshe. Fear go fear fear. No be naija? The land of shakara. Lagos for that matter.

//
Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by GboyegaD(m): 6:09am On Jul 05, 2013
Those guys are terrible. I encountered one last week Friday and he was telling me he would slap me all because he used some curse words and I told him there was a need to respect my person. I fear them pass anything because I still value my life.
Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by Osama10(m): 6:36am On Jul 05, 2013
Never argue with an armed man, personally I don't even go close to them at all.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by adonisgold: 6:46am On Jul 05, 2013
mc~evans:

If they threatened to disarm him he was right to threaten to shoot. I would do same in his shoes.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by omoobanla(m): 6:50am On Jul 05, 2013
all i heared him saying is; Em em i ll gun you down " That's All. I ll gun you down. saying the samething and raising his hand up at a time. typical naija man.

Another ( That's All ) civil servant officer.
Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by funnyx(m): 7:01am On Jul 05, 2013
Airforce1: Igbo police officers are well behaved and values human life unlike there colleagues from South West

My opinion

You're sick as your opinion

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by Ngwakwe: 7:17am On Jul 05, 2013
The Policeman was Right in this context.

The video was doctored, the same with what transpired in the Governors Forum Video.

Half truth is same as Terror (Truth + error = Terror)

The FAAN staff was threatening to disarm the Police and this infuriated the Policeman who was attached to Chief Akande the MD of AIG hence the response to gun him down if he attempts it.

mc~evans:

Re: Nigerian Policeman Threatening To Shoot A Civilian (Video) by alfaman1: 8:20am On Jul 05, 2013
The worst is that he actually meant it and if not for the many people around, would have carried out the threat.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Okays Compulsory Treatment Of Gunshot Victims / 2019: Atiku, Duke, Ezekwesili Shun Signing Of Peace Accord / Nigeria’s Debt Profile Hits N28.63tn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.