Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,530 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Noise From Front Wheels Of My 2007 Highlander - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Noise From Front Wheels Of My 2007 Highlander (1213 Views)

Pimping My 2007 Camry SE! / My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 / What Is The Difference Between Premium Wheels And Alloy Wheels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Noise From Front Wheels Of My 2007 Highlander by Ehido(m): 9:01pm On Jul 05, 2013
Hello dear gurus in the house, u guys have always been of help. Pls I've got some concerns with my car

I have a 2007 highalnder 4wd v6 3.3l limited edition.

I hear some noise from the steering wheel area at very low speed below 5mph when drivin on a rough rd and I get some noise like grinding metals from the right front wheel when drivin at speeds over 70mph but I don't hear anything at lower speeds and the car runs very smooth. Just wondering what could be the cause of these noises.
Re: Noise From Front Wheels Of My 2007 Highlander by MIB1(m): 11:03pm On Jul 08, 2013
Bearing or Hub issues
Re: Noise From Front Wheels Of My 2007 Highlander by LongeOmolaja(m): 4:32pm On Jul 09, 2013
the car need to be examined to ascertain the fault. contact ARS for your vehicle check 08164664444
Re: Noise From Front Wheels Of My 2007 Highlander by eGarage(m): 2:48am On Jul 12, 2013
Contact
www.egarageltd.com
t: 08035496482; 08055673680
bb: 282887B5
Re: Noise From Front Wheels Of My 2007 Highlander by earthrealm(m): 3:50pm On Jul 12, 2013
most likely bearing/hub issues...I hope its not the front transfer case..that is running out oil..is it 4wd?

this is unlikely though, cos the grinding noise would be constant throughout
Re: Noise From Front Wheels Of My 2007 Highlander by auhanson(m): 6:04pm On Jul 12, 2013
Remove the front Tyre and examine your hub, upper arm and brake disk check to be sure they are very firm spin it to be sure they run smoothly..Check the the brake pad to observe how they hold on the disk..Also check your wheel bolt for sign of wear and tear at the tip

Most likely, it cold be the bearing inside your hub. Perhaps, if you change the hub the sign might stop, if not check for all the stated items above.

Then for the noise at the steering, let a good mechanic observe your steering track or the rod end of your steering box.If it shakes, then have it replaced.

Pls give us a feed back as you do all these
Re: Noise From Front Wheels Of My 2007 Highlander by Ehido(m): 12:39am On Jul 13, 2013
Thank you all for the response so far, I'd like a referal to a good diagnostics and repair centre, I wouldn't want to put my car in the hands of trial and error mechanics. Would love a place aroun ketu ikeja axis.

Thanks
Re: Noise From Front Wheels Of My 2007 Highlander by cardoctor(m): 8:51am On Jul 13, 2013
Ehido: Hello dear gurus in the house, u guys have always been of help. Pls I've got some concerns with my car

I have a 2007 highalnder 4wd v6 3.3l limited edition.

I hear some noise from the steering wheel area at very low speed below 5mph when drivin on a rough rd and I get some noise like grinding metals from the right front wheel when drivin at speeds over 70mph but I don't hear anything at lower speeds and the car runs very smooth. Just wondering what could be the cause of these noises.

There's no point throwing guesses at you in a situation that requires a physical examination and listening to know where and what may be wrong on your wheels. My advice is to go straight to the nearest competent mechanic and have your car diagnosed.

(1) (Reply)

Bodykit - Modification Place In Abuja? / Check Out This 10 Cutting Edge Technologies Soon To Be Used In Cars. / Acura Electrical Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.