Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

We Need Medical Advice And Help To Save My Little Sister (PICTURES INCLUDED) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / We Need Medical Advice And Help To Save My Little Sister (PICTURES INCLUDED) (1449 Views)

Need Medical Advice/help/insight: Enlarged Prostrate In Elderly/aged Man / Help!! I Need Medical Advice / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need Medical Advice And Help To Save My Little Sister (PICTURES INCLUDED) by janygurl: 6:13am On Jul 06, 2013
Pls we need medical advice and help urgently, my sister had a very high fever two weeks ago and we do not know its measles , we bought malareich the antimalaria drugs and paracetamol and gave her then after that day we saw the measles rashes and then took her to Abia state teaching hospital where they started treating her of measles. two days later we started noticing that she has started swelling in the eyes and mouth with later developed to big sores in the eyes , mouth and private parts. the doctors later said that it s stevens johnson syndrome, pls any doctor with any advice pls help us on what to do because they said it can result to blindness. she is 10 years old. they said that she is reacting to the antimalaria drug that contains sulphur, pls we need advice urgently pls.

Re: We Need Medical Advice And Help To Save My Little Sister (PICTURES INCLUDED) by bigtt76(f): 6:25am On Jul 06, 2013
Re: We Need Medical Advice And Help To Save My Little Sister (PICTURES INCLUDED) by Nobody: 6:44am On Jul 06, 2013
Yeah, it is actually SJS, it is most rimes caused by drugs , it could be fatal, buh sometimes it could also be benign, its a 50/50 tin, although d 3cases I have seen n helped managed all turned out well, n resolved with full recovery, I believe dat 'll be d portion of ur sis, just stay calm.
Hope they have dermatologist in d hospital, they re the ones dat manage such! They re some liquid drugs they combine with an oral disinfectants and use in rinsing d mouth b.d, it really helps. Buh she wwill be fine, I believe, just pray n let her be compliant with treatment. N never give her drugs on self medicatiin subsequently
Re: We Need Medical Advice And Help To Save My Little Sister (PICTURES INCLUDED) by janygurl: 6:59am On Jul 06, 2013
Thanks a lot but she cant go to toilet and her tummy is getting very big , and again if she pass urine, its very small and brownish in colour and she cant see with one of the eyes now, pls the hospital people said that we will sign for surgery yesterday and thats why we are very scared, Are you in Aba? is there any help for her to go to toilet and stop vommitting/
Re: We Need Medical Advice And Help To Save My Little Sister (PICTURES INCLUDED) by Lagusta(m): 12:03am On Jul 08, 2013
oh, I am so sorry.....

Steven Johnson's syndrome is a spectrum, ranging from just skin excoriations to a multisystemic disorder, usually caused by drugs.........

well, I hope the docs are treating her well there, cos now that she is having oliguria and hematuria......

let's pray for the best!!!
Re: We Need Medical Advice And Help To Save My Little Sister (PICTURES INCLUDED) by VENUSS(f): 6:22pm On Jul 08, 2013
God, please help this little girl recover. You are in my tot and prayer.
Re: We Need Medical Advice And Help To Save My Little Sister (PICTURES INCLUDED) by janygurl: 8:21pm On Jul 08, 2013
thanks @ all for your advice but God knows the best, she has died.
Re: We Need Medical Advice And Help To Save My Little Sister (PICTURES INCLUDED) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 08, 2013
So sorry about that.
Gosh!
Re: We Need Medical Advice And Help To Save My Little Sister (PICTURES INCLUDED) by kenjudy(m): 9:20pm On Jul 08, 2013
So sorry about ur sister. I don't know about the surgery as I'm not a doctor but I don't think surgery is supposed to be admitted. But I know of a lady friend of mine who had such ailment few yrs ago. She was taken to St. Dominic savio hospital at Nkpor, Anambra state. She later got well and now looking finer again. No surgery and she recovered. I don't know if u guys can find a means to taker her there. Ur sister's case is even less to compare what dis lady went thru as I witnessed it myself, and they said it's reaction to sulfur or whatever. All d same, my prayer goes for her. She'll be fine just have faith in God as we did then ok.
Re: We Need Medical Advice And Help To Save My Little Sister (PICTURES INCLUDED) by Lagusta(m): 11:10pm On Jul 08, 2013
janygurl: thanks @ all for your advice but God knows the best, she has died.

oh no!!!! I am so sorry for the loss, Rip to her and God's peace on the family!!!
cry
embarassed
Re: We Need Medical Advice And Help To Save My Little Sister (PICTURES INCLUDED) by dominique(f): 11:13pm On Jul 08, 2013
kenjudy: So sorry about ur sister. I don't know about the surgery as I'm not a doctor but I don't think surgery is supposed to be admitted. But I know of a lady friend of mine who had such ailment few yrs ago. She was taken to St. Dominic savio hospital at Nkpor, Anambra state. She later got well and now looking finer again. No surgery and she recovered. I don't know if u guys can find a means to taker her there. Ur sister's case is even less to compare what dis lady went thru as I witnessed it myself, and they said it's reaction to sulfur or whatever. All d same, my prayer goes for her. She'll be fine just have faith in God as we did then ok.

janygurl: thanks @ all for your advice but God knows the best, she has died.

cry

@janyguyl, may the Lord comfort your family through this difficult period. RIP little angel cry
Re: We Need Medical Advice And Help To Save My Little Sister (PICTURES INCLUDED) by bolorunfem(f): 9:33am On Jul 09, 2013
Oh my God! shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
I really couldn't hold back my tears! Oh, just like that? I'm deeply sorry about this. May the Lord console the family and preserve the rest of you. This is really saddeningggg, Oh Lord, grant her rest in your bosom cry cry cry cry
Re: We Need Medical Advice And Help To Save My Little Sister (PICTURES INCLUDED) by tosho07(m): 12:02pm On Jul 09, 2013
Why dont you try herbal suppliments to take care of the agents that are causing these things
pls detox her blood system first this ailments is bacterial and it needs to be treated from the sourcde that is the blood cells
anyway she wil be well
Re: We Need Medical Advice And Help To Save My Little Sister (PICTURES INCLUDED) by vingi(f): 3:50pm On Jul 09, 2013
Oh Dear,am sure she is resting with God. Take heart.
Re: We Need Medical Advice And Help To Save My Little Sister (PICTURES INCLUDED) by sexymoma(f): 4:00pm On Jul 09, 2013
tosho07: Why dont you try herbal suppliments to take care of the agents that are causing these things
pls detox her blood system first this ailments is bacterial and it needs to be treated from the sourcde that is the blood cells
anyway she wil be well
Oga she is dead cry
janygurl: Pls we need medical advice and help urgently, my sister had a very high fever two weeks ago and we do not know its measles , we bought malareich the antimalaria drugs and paracetamol and gave her then after that day we saw the measles rashes and then took her to Abia state teaching hospital where they started treating her of measles. two days later we started noticing that she has started swelling in the eyes and mouth with later developed to big sores in the eyes , mouth and private parts. the doctors later said that it s stevens johnson syndrome, pls any doctor with any advice pls help us on what to do because they said it can result to blindness. she is 10 years old. they said that she is reacting to the antimalaria drug that contains sulphur, pls we need advice urgently pls.
Am so sorry about this, May God console you and your family.

(1) (Reply)

What Will I Use To Cure Back Head Bumbs / ENT Doctors In The House Please I Need Your Help / What Is This Infection Called?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.