Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,611 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 (10021 Views)

Ifa Temple Service - Ibadan / Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon / I'm Establishing an Ifa Temple! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 by bknight: 7:25pm On Jul 15, 2013
*following*

1 Like

Re: Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 by calcal: 8:46pm On Jul 15, 2013
The Ifa has become international believe and the headquarter in Nigeria which is very nice that we have something to sell to the whole world.

1 Like

Re: Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 by Pdizzle(m): 10:40pm On Jul 15, 2013
Ifa olokun asorodayo
Re: Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 by DollyParton1(f): 10:55pm On Jul 15, 2013
Jesu mi o ni je ki n ba won bo orisa.

2 Likes

Re: Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 by MSQUARE28(m): 12:20am On Jul 16, 2013
Aboru aboye ni ile ifa o. Ifa ori mi re
Re: Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 by kolajoo(m): 8:32am On Jul 16, 2013
Ifa oloku asoro eni dayo. Ifa ori mi re o... awise niti ifa
Re: Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:13am On Jul 16, 2013
olaheavy1: @Pagan9ja, I never knew you were Yoruba. Hmmm, well, maybe I mistook you for @Okijajuju. Anyway, good luck.

I am Hausa. just doing my bit for the Babalawo Oladimeji.
Re: Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 by Obalufon: 6:03pm On Jul 24, 2013
Dolly-Parton:
..What is Orisa?. You need to study Yoruba pantheons of gods to judge . . We worship supreme God almighty Eledumare ,OLORUN, through a medium we called Orisa which can be depicted as or like Angels or deity through which prayers and wishes are convey to Supreme God Almighty .
Re: Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 by AustineE1: 11:53pm On Jul 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Its about the Ifa Orisha Traditional Religious Prayers & Festival that will take place on the 23rd-25th. you are invited.

If you are not Yoruba, ignore this thread, unless you want to come there out of personal interest or curiosity.

The Temple is a shrine dedicated to the Gods for worship and divination. If you have any problems in the material or spiritual world , you can assess it there.

The sacrifice involves your giving away something to get something in return, usually to address problems or for prayers. The main sacrifices will be carried out by the priest for everyones behalf, bu if you want to give in something yourself, you can. (usually its a Goat or chicken or liqour and other such consumables or money).

....just passing by and wish to ask,what happens when its adherents sacrifices a lot more liquor,won't the gods get drunk?knowing how ferocious Ogun,Obatala and the rest are!!!
Re: Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 by bknight: 12:58pm On Jul 25, 2013
Any updates on this event? undecided
Re: Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 by Tiphareth(m): 7:04pm On Jul 31, 2013
Hello Pagan Nija,

Can a non Yoruba be initiated into successfully into Ifa practice. In other words, if you are IBook or Hausa by root, can you have the same privilege as a Yoruba in Ifa Orisha practice?

Tiphareth
Re: Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:19am On Aug 06, 2013
Austine.E:
....just passing by and wish to ask,what happens when its adherents sacrifices a lot more liquor,won't the gods get drunk?knowing how ferocious Ogun,Obatala and the rest are!!!

The Gods are SPiritual Forces, not humans. so there is no question of them getting drunk.

it is not about how much you sacrifice but how you value your sacrifice.
Re: Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:27am On Aug 06, 2013
Tiphareth: Hello Pagan Nija,

Can a non Yoruba be initiated into successfully into Ifa practice. In other words, if you are IBook or Hausa by root, can you have the same privilege as a Yoruba in Ifa Orisha practice?

Tiphareth

No. The Yoruba version of spirituality is meant for the Yoruba populace only. These days you find Babalwos trying to initiate foreigners into these practices, out of want of money or ignorance, but it doesn't work that way. The religion relates to these particular tribespeople and their customs, outlook , practices and traitions and works best for them only.

1 Like

Re: Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:40am On Aug 06, 2013
THe Festival was concluded successfully by the blessings of the Gods. Here is a part of the video of the ritual:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9yyeCprZZU

Some pics of the Chief Priest, etc., on the festive ocassion:

Re: Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:41am On Aug 06, 2013
more pics:

Re: Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:42am On Aug 06, 2013

Re: Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 by bknight: 8:19am On Aug 06, 2013
Weldone pagan_9ja! Africa traditions shld be brought to d fore! Now other tribes, over to you...bring your own to d fore and let's appreciate! cool

But hope no human sacrifices sha undecided
Re: Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 by 419forlife: 2:54am On Aug 10, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

No. The Yoruba version of spirituality is meant for the Yoruba populace only. These days you find Babalwos trying to initiate foreigners into these practices, out of want of money or ignorance, but it doesn't work that way. The religion relates to these particular tribespeople and their customs, outlook , practices and traitions and works best for them only.

Re: Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 by Ayomivic(m): 8:04am On Aug 10, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
The Eela Iwori Ifa temple annual Ifa celebration will take place on 25th of this July 2013
with full sacrifice and a lot of prayers.

EELA IWORI IFA TEMPLE CELEBRATION DAY commences with a big sacrifice to all the Gods : IFA, OGUN ,SANGO, OBATALA, OSHUN, OMOLOKUN, EGUNGUN , etc.

Preparations will start from 22nd to 25th of this month.

Many people are coming from all over the world, including Chief Priests from across Yorubaland.

you are invited also. you can contribute to the sacrifice and prayers yourself as well if you want to. .

Address: 9,SAMUEL STREET OFF SUNNY JIGIDE BY OGUDU SANDFILL OGUDU LAGOS STATE NIGERIA

[for further information on details,routes/direction you can contact the presiding Babalawo's number +2348033315953, +2348027457380]

The Gods Bless Nigeria! cool

You made mentions of Orisa- kekeke but You forgot to mention one true God Orisa-Nla.

While not forget those small small gods and try Olodumare . Do you know how to consult Olodumare? Come to Jesus and he will guide you.

Orisa-Nla, Orisa-Rere.
Re: Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:06pm On Aug 11, 2013
Ayomivic:

You made mentions of Orisa- kekeke but You forgot to mention one true God Orisa-Nla.

While not forget those small small gods and try Olodumare . Do you know how to consult Olodumare? Come to Jesus and he will guide you.

Orisa-Nla, Orisa-Rere.

go fu*ck your jesus. fukin man-worshipper.

im sickk of you childish brats.

do't you know that Olodumare cannot exist without the Orisha and vice versa. you wont understand. go away.
Re: Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 by Tiphareth(m): 10:36pm On Aug 12, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

As someone who is vast in Kabbalah and having read some treatises on IFA/Orisha religion, I can see some similarities between the two and I believe that both lead to GOD ALMIGHTY. However, I do not believe that IFA religion should be solely practiced by the Yorubas only. Instead, IFA practitioners should seek to globalise the religion by popularising it worldwide. Thanks to Professor Wande who is currently doing something in this direction. I believe that anyone practising IFA should have the same result depending on ones devotion but irrespective of where the person hails from. Just the same way anyone could be a Christian, muslim, Buddhist, Taoist, hundusit irrespective of tribe or race. In effect, Ifa supersedes race and I don't want to say you insinuated that Ifa was a "racist religion".

This statement can be corroborated by the huge success some Americans/West Indians have achieved in propagating the practice of IFA in the disapora. Notable among these people is an American Ifa practitioner called Awo Falokun Fatunmbi who set up the Awo Study Centre at www.awostudycentre.com having been initiated in Remo. What point am I making? ...that Ifa is a universal religion and hence suitable for all and sundry. Everyone should be encouraged to worship ELEDUMARE through Demigods or what Kabbalists call ArchAngels, i.e Sango, Obatala, Eshu, Osun, etc...

TIPHARETH!!!
Re: Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 by MamiWata: 3:06am On Aug 13, 2013
calcal: The Ifa has become international believe and the headquarter in Nigeria which is very nice that we have something to sell to the whole world.

Ifa is very international because of the slave diaspora.
Re: Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 by MamiWata: 3:07am On Aug 13, 2013
Tiphareth:

Ifa is a universal religion and hence suitable for all and sundry. Everyone should be encouraged to worship ELEDUMARE through Demigods or what Kabbalists call ArchAngels, i.e Sango, Obatala, Eshu, Osun, etc...

TIPHARETH!!!

What evidence do you have that Ifa is universal?
Re: Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:24am On Aug 13, 2013
Tiphareth:

As someone who is vast in Kabbalah and having read some treatises on IFA/Orisha religion, I can see some similarities between the two and I believe that both lead to GOD ALMIGHTY. However, I do not believe that IFA religion should be solely practiced by the Yorubas only. Instead, IFA practitioners should seek to globalise the religion by popularising it worldwide. Thanks to Professor Wande who is currently doing something in this direction. I believe that anyone practising IFA should have the same result depending on ones devotion but irrespective of where the person hails from. Just the same way anyone could be a Christian, muslim, Buddhist, Taoist, hundusit irrespective of tribe or race. In effect, Ifa supersedes race and I don't want to say you insinuated that Ifa was a "racist religion".

This statement can be corroborated by the huge success some Americans/West Indians have achieved in propagating the practice of IFA in the disapora. Notable among these people is an American Ifa practitioner called Awo Falokun Fatunmbi who set up the Awo Study Centre at www.awostudycentre.com having been initiated in Remo. What point am I making? ...that Ifa is a universal religion and hence suitable for all and sundry. Everyone should be encouraged to worship ELEDUMARE through Demigods or what Kabbalists call ArchAngels, i.e Sango, Obatala, Eshu, Osun, etc...

TIPHARETH!!!

WTH IS "KABALAH" THIS IS IFA ORISHA, NOT JUDAISM.

IFA Orisha is a Pagan Tribal Religious belief system and ideology. it is not a multinational company for Global marketing.

neither is it proselytising. if it were so, then it would be no different from an abrahamist religion.

Please dont bring race (skin colour) here into our Tribal religions.

If Ifa starts to proselytyse, you will soon start haviing religious wars. We are Pagans. we do not do such things for personal gain and to impose our belief and language system on others.

if you don't like the bitter truth, don't accept it.

I for one know that you are not a Tribesperson.

Every ethnic group around the world has its own naming system, etc., for the Spiritual Forces, incluing the Creator Force.

you cannot impose one pantheon on another people.

2 Likes

Re: Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 by MamiWata: 2:08pm On Aug 13, 2013
calcal: The Ifa has become international believe and the headquarter in Nigeria which is very nice that we have something to sell to the whole world.

Selling spirituality hmmmm? How exactly would you go about doing that?
Re: Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 by bknight: 8:50am On Aug 19, 2013
Dolly-Parton:

Lost undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? / Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) / What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.