Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,623 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? (10013 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil / Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:41am On Sep 29, 2013
Took a glance through the bible this morning, I was stucked exactly at Genesis 2:9, i read little further to Genesis 3:22-24 where 'tree of life was mention. The first bible verse stated that God planted the tree alongside tree of knowledge while the second verse state that God removed the tree for man to search for it.

What exactly is this tree? Where is the tree at present? Is it literal or symbolic?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 29, 2013
first nominee for frontpage. this here is a cool thread
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Licensed2Kill(m): 9:04am On Sep 29, 2013
Broda of life, in case you find this your tree of life in your honorable quest. Dont forget to share us the GPS coordinates. . .i myt wanna visit there someday.

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:09am On Sep 29, 2013
Licensed-2-Kill:
Broda of life, in case you find this your tree of life in your honorable quest. Dont forget to share us the GPS coordinates. . .i myt wanna visit there someday.

The tree is in you.....you need to search it within you.

Just want some christians to handle this.....want to see there own perspective

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by mysticgal(f): 9:13am On Sep 29, 2013
jesus is the tree of life,he who eats of him will live forever in joy and peace,if you want to see him,call upon him,he will surely answer you..bless you

12 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Licensed2Kill(m): 9:14am On Sep 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

The tree is in you.....you need to search it within you.

Just want some christians to handle this.....want to see there own perspective
bruh hold on pls. . .dont go all religion on me. . .me was jst kiddin wt yah 4ss
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:22am On Sep 29, 2013
Licensed-2-Kill:

bruh hold on pls. . .dont go all religion on me. . .me was jst kiddin wt yah 4ss

im not religious. Hope my Azz stink nicely? Lol
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:23am On Sep 29, 2013
mysticgal: jesus is the tree of life,he who eats of him will live forever in joy and peace,if you want to see him,call upon him,he will surely answer you..bless you

How is Jesus a tree?

Mind backing your point with bible pls
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Anthony0094(m): 10:12am On Sep 29, 2013
Wats d colour f dat tree ?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 29, 2013
Igi aiye
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Annstar(f): 10:14am On Sep 29, 2013
Anthony0094: Wats d colour f dat tree ?
ur hair
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by 4reigningqueen: 10:15am On Sep 29, 2013
The scripture was not written to be read literarily or else you wont understand it. Pray to the author(Holyspirit) sincerely and he would reveal it to you.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 29, 2013
Your post said God removed the tree. You said you found that in Gen 3:22-24. This is what the verse reads,
23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the
garden of Eden, to till the
ground from whence he was
taken. 24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of
the garden of Eden Cherubims,
and a flaming sword which
turned every way, to keep
the way of the tree of life.

So where is it written that "God removed
the tree for man to search for
it"?

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Anthony0094(m): 10:26am On Sep 29, 2013
Annstar: ur hair
whc colour
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Youngzedd(m): 10:27am On Sep 29, 2013
Genesis 3:22-24
New International Version (NIV)
22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” 23 So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side[a] of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Youngzedd(m): 10:29am On Sep 29, 2013
Hmm, a lot of things are hidden from mankind.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by mysticgal(f): 10:31am On Sep 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

How is Jesus a tree?

Mind backing your point with bible pls

read jhn 15:1,14:6,,judges 9:8,Rev 2:7,22:1-2.gal 5:22-24.bless you
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 29, 2013
go and study the summerian text, from where the bible was extracted, then you will know what the tree of life means.
google is your friend.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Iykedaprince(m): 10:31am On Sep 29, 2013
Oops!! It ain't symbolic.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by otijah(m): 10:31am On Sep 29, 2013
Youngzedd: Hmm, a lot of things are hidden from mankind.
sometimes I get confused with what I normally see in the bible.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by trolling(m): 10:37am On Sep 29, 2013
It's figurative... But let me just make it easy, read Revelation 6
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:39am On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: first nominee for frontpage. this here is a cool thread

Why do you make my thread lost it aim?

I didn't beg you for this.

The whole thing now aimless.....im not here to pull crowd buddy
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:40am On Sep 29, 2013
mysticgal:

read jhn 15:1,14:6,,judges 9:8,Rev 2:7,22:1-2.gal 5:22-24.bless you

what did it say?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Youngzedd(m): 10:43am On Sep 29, 2013
trolling: It's figurative... But let me just make it easy, read Revelation 6

We are talking about the beginning here and you're talking about the end.

"Every end has a beginning"
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Why do you make my thread lost it aim?

I didn't beg you for this.

The whole thing now aimless.....im not here to pull crowd buddy
this aint about you. this is bigger than you. fall back and relax. wink

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Temismith(f): 10:44am On Sep 29, 2013
gringrin
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by tender92(m): 10:44am On Sep 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

How is Jesus a tree?

Funny question grin
But its still dat same u dat will call Jesus the LAMB of GOD

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:48am On Sep 29, 2013
tender92:

Funny question grin
But its still dat same u dat will call Jesus the LAMB of GOD

Lamb for been sacrificed as lamb were used too.

How is Jesus a tree?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:48am On Sep 29, 2013
This is why I am always baffled by those that can make sense of these things.
Why not have the cherubim and the flaming sword there in the first place?
What did they mean by tree of life or tree of knowledge?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Brimmie(m): 10:49am On Sep 29, 2013
Wrong Thread!! sad

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:50am On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: this aint about you. this is bigger than you. fall back and relax. wink

Relax for my effort and something i didn't beg you for?

Huh....it for your company to gather enough traffic huh?

F you man. I dont want crowd
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Dygeasy(m): 10:53am On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: first nominee for frontpage. this here is a cool thread
Thread Of Life gringrin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? / Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 / S’africa Orders Chirst Embassy Church To Stop Faith Healing Ads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.