Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding (2993 Views)

What Is The Maximum Amount You Are Willing To Spend On A Wedding? / To The Ladies, Whats The Best Way To Care For Your Private Part / Guys Whats The Maximum Amount Of Dowry You Can Pay? And What Is The Most Outrageous Dowry You've See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by LadyB(f): 4:43am On May 23, 2006
This days people spend quite a huge amount on their wedding. some people will spend all their savings just to have that "wedding". How about investing some of this money to the actual life of the marriage.
wedding is a day business. marriage is an everyday business.

TO THE SINGLES: what will be your budget amount for that 'special wedding' of yours?
TO THE MARRIED: how much did you spent on that "unforgettable wedding"? was that your budgeted amount?
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by TMoney4(m): 7:04am On May 23, 2006
Hi,

it true marriage is a one dat thing. some people wanna make it as memorable as possible that is why they spend so much on there wedding.

i dont personaly believe in spending a fortune on your wedding day. As a man, i will ratther wanna use the money to make my wife to be and my children confortable after the wedding.

Well by the time i spend N500,000. i should have a wondarous wedding.
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by kimba(m): 6:58pm On May 23, 2006
Ive made up my mind not to get into debt/borrow a kobo to get married. Definitely, i wont dry-up my bank account either.
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by Nosu(m): 9:24pm On May 23, 2006
Yea, l agree with that state, wedding is a one day businees. If u can understand that u will know that it is not a do or die affair.wedding is a ceremony and ends after the reception of the night party if included while marriage is a life time ceremony of understanding each other, building and raising of the home etc.
So while spending much on marriage to the extend of borrowing to meet up to standard, is there anything like standard and leaving little or nothing for the marriage.

For me, l will spent little or nothing on my wedding because manner will fall from heaven, the rice, salt,spagetti will come from Dangote, Tomato,pepper will come from obasanjo farm, the venue will be Km 46 lagos Ibadan express way (RCCG) While pastor to anchor the service will be pastor Adeboye.
What a wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by LadyB(f): 3:01am On May 24, 2006
grin@nosu but are u sure they will allow u to use the rccg camp site for free?

WOW . people getting into debt for their wedding. INTERESTING.
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by dominobaby(f): 10:10am On May 24, 2006
Max. spending should be max. at which u are neither borrowing nor left bankrupt.
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by akindaves(m): 10:34am On May 24, 2006
it's not even the amount of money you spend in a wedding ceremony that matters. you can spend all the money in this world on a wedding that won't even last a day, and you can also spend little amount on a wedding and it's last forever. you understand. the main things are 1[b]. God having a hand in the wedding, [/b] 2. God's love amongst the couples and understanding, then we can now talk of the amount to be spent. thanks
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by Rhodalyn(f): 10:35am On May 24, 2006
i'd spend bout £20,000 on my wedding!
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by LadyB(f): 12:07pm On May 24, 2006
WOW @RHODALYN that's a lots of money! its nice to see how much people can spend sha.
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by Rhodalyn(f): 12:10pm On May 24, 2006
cheesy cheesy yeah! U mean how much rich gals can spend?? tongue
well yeah! cuz i wouldnt plan on marrying again besides i cherish him soo damn much kiss kiss
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by LadyB(f): 1:20am On May 25, 2006
grin
u go gal!
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by LadyB(f): 1:46pm On May 26, 2006
i will be looking at spending $10 000 max. plus my panther's own contribution. what a wedding that will be! god help me!
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by Rhodalyn(f): 1:47pm On May 26, 2006
LadyB:

grin
u go girl!
yeah! i've gone hun cheesy
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by LadyB(f): 1:56pm On May 26, 2006
come to think of it wedding  dont come cheap this days o.

not to talk of the
bride dress(so not cheap espcially if u want to make ur own)
the reception(i mean some of this really nice place requires big money)
food/drink( tell me about it)
music(mmmokay maybe)

whats more!
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by badman(m): 2:42pm On May 26, 2006
Rhodalyn:

i'd spend bout £20,000 on my wedding!

is this not too much, so how much will your husband spend?
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by Genial(m): 9:16pm On May 27, 2006
I wouldn't spend more than N500,000 (and that's a lot!) on my wedding.

I'd invest the £20,000 (assuming it belongs to me) and set up an education fund for our child(ren). The wedding reception would be quiet affair with family and few other friends present.

With the returns on the £20,000 (some time later), I'd buy my wife a nice (BMW) convertible (or whatever else she likes). With such sensible money management we'd be able to build a nice love nest for ourselves.

I'm sure she'd agree with that.

She wouldn't be getting married to me if she didn't, anyway!  tongue
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by 2cantango(f): 8:38am On May 28, 2006
Not a dime because I aint gettin' married grin
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by LadyB(f): 2:55am On May 30, 2006
i like ur idea @nosu. am sure ur wife will love it!

@cantango grin why dont u want to get marry?
hope is not the money u will spend on the wedding sha? grin
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by Bossman(m): 8:15pm On May 31, 2006
akindaves I agree with you. This wedding thing has really being blown out of proportion! it's not how much you spend on a wedding that matters. I agree it's a special occasion. It's also an occasion that can be enjoyed and appreciated without getting into debt over it. It's very common occurrence here, you see people blow their entire savings on their wedding, and 6 months later they are divorced. The divorce rate in this country is almost 50%. What is the point! There is also statistics that show that a good percentage of those marriages that end in divorce not too long after getting married are the ones that had a lavish wedding. I guess they started to have financial problems right away. And, as we all know, money is the root cause of a lot of problems.

A lot of these people have big weddings that they are still paying the debt a number of years into the marriage(if they are still married). And when kids come along, not even a dime can be put away in a mutual fund or educational fund for their kids.
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by diddy4(m): 6:02pm On Jun 01, 2006
couple of millions. like 4 or 5 depending shaa.

by God's grace cuzz i aint got the power. it all depends on HIM.
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by babymine(f): 10:42am On Jun 02, 2006
I perfectly agree with Kimba. No debts after wedding. We'll spend as much as we need and that's all. It's not just about the wedding oh! It's about life after the wedding. No unneccessary expenses. smiley
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by Nosu(m): 3:27pm On Jun 04, 2006
@labyb she will hv no choice than to love the arrangement because u will not be a thing of imposing things on her. we will hv thesame view to issue so that will make things work out

labyb u are beginning to make me visualise the night of the wedding it will be heaven on earth, because expectation will be very high, and the bed will be the biggest size. l think l would rather spent more on the wedding bed than on the wedding ceremony grin grin grin
lol
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by eveseh(f): 3:44pm On Jun 04, 2006
500 euros
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by alj(m): 1:01am On Jun 05, 2006
My closest friend got married in April and spent about £1000,( )it was the nicest wedding i ever attended.

last july i went to a colleuges wedding and it cost £25,000( @ N6,250,000 ),it was terrible.

the money people spend on weddings is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by gentleaura(m): 9:32pm On Jun 09, 2006
I really dont know though but expenses will keep accumulating, depends on the family and what requires of them to do. My mum earmarked N5 Million for my sister's, yet they went over budget!, Afterwards she says she rather offer the kid nothing more than N2 Million and forget elaborate wedding!

Depends on ppl, cut your coat according to your length!
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by jaybaby(f): 8:54pm On Jun 10, 2006
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided dUNNO-I WON'T SPEND MUCH LIKE OBJ'S SALARY LL B OKEY grin grin LET THAT DAY COME THEN WE LL C WHAT WILL HAPPEN grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by otokx(m): 3:18pm On Jun 13, 2006
when the time comes.
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by baralatie(m): 9:13pm On Jun 29, 2006
cool cool smiley smileyAs for me I am going to spend N50,000,000 on my wedding day plus enough extras.Then manage the remainning millions and billions of dollars on my marriage. kiss kiss
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by Kendra(f): 8:48pm On Jul 08, 2006
ooh, i'ma get me a rich dude
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by diddy4(m): 8:53pm On Jul 08, 2006
thats more like it. its all bout the stackz.

i love cheese(benjamin). it makes the world go round.
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by Rhodalyn(f): 8:54pm On Jul 08, 2006
2cantango:

Not a dime because I aint gettin' married grin
lmao baby gurl, thats funny cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding by Kendra(f): 8:55pm On Jul 08, 2006
diddy, u got chips?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Dad Found Stack Naked / Marrying A Divorcee. Advice! / Can You Tell?How Long Do You Think It Should Last?Singles/Married . . interestin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.