Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,344 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University (23238 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Girl Bags First Class From A UK University / How You Study When You have a Ph.D in Reading / Started ICAN In SS3, Bags First-Class At 20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by mars123(m): 6:34pm On Jul 06, 2013
she was ahead of me a year in same school.im happy 4 her.

The belief that Nigeria remains a land generously endowed with the brightest and best brains in the world was once more reaffirmed on Wednesday, July 3, when Osarieme Anita Omonuwa bagged a First Class degree in Law at Reading University in the United Kingdom.

Miss Omonuwa, 20, who hails from Edo State in Nigeria, also received the 2012 prestigious “Chancellor's Award” of the university for her outstanding academic performance.
THISDAY learnt that Omonuwa has, by the exceptional academic feat, become the first black woman to win the Reading University Chancellor's Award.

The chancellor of the university, Sir John Madejski, on the occasion of the award presentation last Wednesday, described Omonuwa as “representative of our brightest and best students”.

Like a harbinger of her uncommon academic glory in law, she had three years earlier, in 2010, earned the Reading University Scholarship Award for academic excellence and won recognition as the overall best in the International Foundation Programme.

In 2012, Anita’s academic awards haul included the Clarks Legal Prize for the best performance in Part 2 Equity and Trust, presented by David Rintoul, Managing Partner, Clarks Legal LLP; Keith Wright Memorial Prize for best overall performance in Part 2; and Shoosmiths Prize for best overall performance in Part 2.

In May 2013, she was at Shoosmiths LLP, UK to do a day’s internship in the Employment Department and in June she stretched her internship drive into Construction Law. The latter experience enabled her to understand hardcore legal issues including the intricacies of construction contracts and the inevitable consequences of breaching agreed terms while at the Clarks Legal LLP.

All along, Anita has been the harvester of honours and awards. Anita, whose father, Mr. Omoruyi Augustine Omonuwa, is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) and holder of national honour, Order of the Federal Republic (OFR), said his daughter had shown great promise at a very tender age when in her kindergarten days at Our Lady of Apostles School, Airport Road, Benin-City, she finished as the best KG pupil and had a free uniform as a “motivational prize”. Anita also won the 2003 Bournvita Award for overall primary school performance at Our Lady's.

In addition, Anita won the 2008/2009 Certificate of Merit of the Igbinedion Education Centre in Benin-City as the over-all best graduating student in Accounting, English, Yoruba, Computer Science, Biology, Literature, Government, Economics, Foods and Nutrition.
Her excellence and eventual towering laurel in England is thus seen as the crowning of her intelligence and confirmation of her mental capacity.

source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/20-year-old-nigerian-bags-first-class-degree-in-law-at-uk-university/152510/#.UdflGaHdoz8.

10 Likes

Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Nobody: 12:42am On Jul 07, 2013
Thumbs up#
More Nigerians should do same. We don't expect or want anything less.
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by AreaFada2: 2:48pm On Sep 03, 2013
very proud of her. Ethnic bigots don't see this.

2 Likes

Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Richiez(m): 2:55pm On Sep 03, 2013
Good!
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 03, 2013
hmmm..

let me not say END ..................x

nice one
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 03, 2013
Thank God for him
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 03, 2013
Area-Fada:

It didn't because it's ethnic minority person. If she was caught shoplifting/committing crime, ethnic bigots would brought it to FP.
na vex cos dis??

1 Like

Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 03, 2013
deejay_harry1: hmmm..

let me not say END ..................x

nice one

Guy u too like ban.
Wetin come concern end times mtcheeeew
grin tongue

1 Like

Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 03, 2013
Ebig22: Thank God for him
BEGINNING TIME TINX... the future is really bright for Nigerians..
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by crisycent: 6:15pm On Sep 03, 2013
We too sabi book for Edo State grin grin grin grin

15 Likes

Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Decapo: 6:15pm On Sep 03, 2013
Area-Fada:

It didn't because it's ethnic minority person. If she was caught shoplifting/committing crime, ethnic bigots would have brought it to FP.

Was it not fresh news in June?
did u just gbagaun?
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 03, 2013
Am sure she looks like my twin from another mother. grin
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 03, 2013
Ebig22:

Guy u too like ban.
Wetin come concern end times mtcheeeew
grin tongue
did u read my post.. i never said E.T.T..

thank yhu cheesy
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 03, 2013
deejay_harry1: BEGINNING TIME TINX... the future is really bright for Nigerians..
grin

Wanna piss on deejayharry head and mistakenly piss on op head.congratula grin :Ption to d guy
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by olapluto(m): 6:20pm On Sep 03, 2013
Congrats to her. Nigerians getting First class in UK is not a new thing though.
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by swhiss: 6:23pm On Sep 03, 2013
Me sef go soon bag first class from 'home tech'

#team ASUU!

1 Like

Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by AbuMikey(m): 6:26pm On Sep 03, 2013
Good to Hear!
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by AbuMikey(m): 6:28pm On Sep 03, 2013
crisycent: We too sabi book for Edo State grin grin grin grin
Them nor Know!

1 Like

Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by otokx(m): 6:36pm On Sep 03, 2013
Thinking of joining #Team ETT, anyway congrats to her.
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by mars123(m): 6:37pm On Sep 03, 2013
I suprise to see this post for FP after how many months ooo...I'm grateful. grin
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by dasparrow: 6:37pm On Sep 03, 2013
@Post

Congrats to Osarieme. Wishing her all the best in her future endeavors.
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by sanandreas(m): 6:44pm On Sep 03, 2013
nice one
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by scientology(m): 6:46pm On Sep 03, 2013
end time tingx
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 03, 2013
Impressive.
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by aieromon(m): 6:49pm On Sep 03, 2013
otokx: Thinking of joining #Team ETT, anyway congrats to her.

If I hear am. . . .. . . .

1 Like

Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 03, 2013
Am 19 and in my second year, won't be graduating until 22! Ohhh That is if ASUU resumes this month, if they don't, this session can't be completed this year!

What a country.
Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by yettak90: 7:21pm On Sep 03, 2013
Whilst this is a good thing, it's hardly "national news".

We have to stop aggrandizing every small achievement by Nigerians, just because we're looking for something to celebrate. True, First Class no be beans; but it is a small achievement in the grand scheme of things.

I think a "better" thing to celebrate would be the Nigerian researchers abroad who do more meaningful work. One of my secondary school mates (still an undergrad) recently had a paper accepted at a major conference in her field (can't drop her name as I haven't cleared this with her). At the research group where I worked last year, we had a Nigerian postdoc with a DPhil from Cambridge... and there are lots of others doing research at one level or another.

To be fair, getting a 1st from a 3yr course where they disregard your first year results isn't exactly hard.

However, I'm happy for her and I can imagine how proud her parents must be.

4 Likes

Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by hollandis(f): 7:24pm On Sep 03, 2013
Stupid news.I got a first class from royal holloway .electrical electronics.Should I let the whole world know?
No

Why? Because in my class that year 20 other people bagged first class.
Crazy news mtchewwww

1 Like

Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by hollandis(f): 7:26pm On Sep 03, 2013
And I finished my final exams @19 yrs ..got thr certificaye few months after I turned 20

1 Like

Re: 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University by thurpee(m): 7:37pm On Sep 03, 2013
crisycent: We too sabi book for Edo State grin grin grin grin
U smoke weed? No be d same Edo wey we dey? Her perfomance is highly commendable. I wish her greater achievements.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces / 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) / UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.