Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,432 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Toyota Sienna Horn Ptoblem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Sienna Horn Ptoblem (760 Views)

How To Detect Car Horn Faults / Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 / Driving Your Car Without Using The Horn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Sienna Horn Ptoblem by chikasin4(m): 6:35pm On Jul 06, 2013
Hello nairalanders, I owen a toyota sienna 2000 model. I find out that my horn blows normal only when I start d car first thing in the morning(i.e when d engine is cold), when d stirring is turned like 60º and when i park it for some hrs. It does not blow when d car engine is hot (i.e. after d car travels some km). I hv checked d horn fuse, and also i took it to mechanic 3times, he opened d stirring and did some repairs yet it contined d next day. I am tired of d whole tin dat i drive it like dat. Please is dere any other tin I should tell d mechanic to do, i hv spend dome money on it, or os it a normal problem for toyota sienna cars. I noticed dis problem since i buy it as tokumbo from texas U.S.A in decemba 2012. I need ur advise pls.
Re: Toyota Sienna Horn Ptoblem by CHIMCO(m): 10:32pm On Jul 06, 2013
Go to car electrician to use a relay. Sorry, i called my electrician and he said it was a Relay not an alternator. I had a similar problem on my M. benz and he used a relay on it. I presented chikasin4 toyota sienna problem to him and he said that he should work on the stirring. Once again, sorry for the misinformation.
Re: Toyota Sienna Horn Ptoblem by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:13am On Jul 07, 2013
CHIMCO: Go to car electrician to use an alternator.
?
Re: Toyota Sienna Horn Ptoblem by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 07, 2013
ZIM DRILL: ?

I don't understand CHIMCO either. undecided
Re: Toyota Sienna Horn Ptoblem by chikasin4(m): 8:18am On Jul 07, 2013
Siena:

I don't understand CHIMCO either. undecided

@Siena any idea pls
Re: Toyota Sienna Horn Ptoblem by Lovetinz(m): 10:21am On Jul 07, 2013
If a Federal Road Safety Marshal parks your car for inspection,
and your horn didn't work,
You could be arrested.
Find a motor electrician that knows his job,
Get it fixed.
Re: Toyota Sienna Horn Ptoblem by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 07, 2013
CHIMCO: Go to car electrician to use an alternator.
. Hmmmmm elaborate more please. I'm confused @ ur comment
Re: Toyota Sienna Horn Ptoblem by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:00pm On Jul 07, 2013
chikasin4: Hello nairalanders, I owen a toyota sienna 2000 model. I find out that my horn blows normal only when I start d car first thing in the morning(i.e when d engine is cold), when d stirring is turned like 60º and when i park it for some hrs. It does not blow when d car engine is hot (i.e. after d car travels some km). I hv checked d horn fuse, and also i took it to mechanic 3times, he opened d stirring and did some repairs yet it contined d next day. I am tired of d whole tin dat i drive it like dat. Please is dere any other tin I should tell d mechanic to do, i hv spend dome money on it, or os it a normal problem for toyota sienna cars. I noticed dis problem since i buy it as tokumbo from texas U.S.A in decemba 2012. I need ur advise pls.

i would have started by putting 12volts direct to the horn, if it works then i would go to the steering find the horn wires brigde wires to the horn and press the horn if the horn work it rules out the horn switch on the steering

you would be left with wiring from steering to the position where the horn stays, this would be your only suspect. deeping with your wiring you can use the body as the negative and use a new wire from steering to the horn this wire would be a positive
Re: Toyota Sienna Horn Ptoblem by chikasin4(m): 7:15pm On Jul 07, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

i would have started by putting 12volts direct to the horn, if it works then i would go to the steering find the horn wires brigde wires to the horn and press the horn if the horn work it rules out the horn switch on the steering

you would be left with wiring from steering to the position where the horn stays, this would be your only suspect. deeping with your wiring you can use the body as the negative and use a new wire from steering to the horn this wire would be a positive
Thank u I will tell my mechanic to try it

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Licence Plate Replacement Is Stil 25k To 35k / World Most Expensive Car / Isuzu Axiom Tramsmisson Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.