Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta (12861 Views)

Female Vigilante Member In Borno Helping Soldiers Fight Boko Haram / Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria / Adamawa To Spend N200 Million On Prayer Warriors, Vigilante To Curb Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by brunnet: 8:56pm On Jul 07, 2013
Abeokuta — Tragedy struck in Abeokuta on Sunday when men of the Vigilante Service of Ogun State (VSO) State Vigilance Service reportedly shot dead a student of Moshod Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta; Moruf Raji, 29, and a staff of MTN, Akeem Usman ,32, while chasing suspected armed robbers.

The incident occurred at Adigbe, Abeokuta about 1.00am when a team of Vigilance Service allegedly ordered residents of 18A Sorinola Avenue, Ori yanrin, to open the gate for them to arrest suspected armed robbers believed to be hiding in the building.

An eye witness told Vanguard that some of the residents who were mostly students refused to open the gate thinking that the vigilantes were armed robbers that were trying to play smart on them.

The witness further explained that both Moruf and Akeem went out from their rooms and opened the gate for them but, as the duo were attempting to open the gate, one of the men of VSO opened fire on the two men and killed them.

Vanguard gathered that,men of the VSO still went ahead to force their way into the compound after shooting the two men and ransacked the rooms.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201307080238.html

1 Like

Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by Emmyk(m): 9:17pm On Jul 07, 2013
shocked
Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by Tolexander: 9:40pm On Jul 07, 2013
R.I.P to the men!

Na so the vigilante men dey do everywhere. common thief, dem no go fit catch na to dey disturb ordinary person wey no be thief for street.

That is how a vigilante man threatened me in my street one night telling me that if i waited, he would shoot and if i moved he would shoot.

2 Likes

Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by dasparrow: 9:42pm On Jul 07, 2013
@Post

My goodness! undecided
Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by Itoroetti(m): 10:01pm On Jul 07, 2013
Who empowered them with guns?

3 Likes

Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by abrat: 8:06am On Jul 08, 2013
Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by gbadexy(m): 9:44am On Jul 08, 2013
If they want to indirectly form state police then they should at least structure it properly to have educated and trained officers coordinating the vigilantes.
That's how the lower cadre of nigerian police with arms behave too, its mostly due to the relative level of education of their officers starting from inspectors that keep them in check a bit.

1 Like

Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by gluv01(f): 7:03pm On Jul 08, 2013
Doing the opposite of their job. Unbelievable! Are they to protect lives or take them. And no physical violence was perpetrated against them, but they opened fire.
R.I.P to the victims
Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 08, 2013
Tolexander:

That is how a vigilante man threatened me in my street one night telling me that if i waited, he would shoot and if i moved he would shoot.

hahaha...... Hilarious. so how did u handle the predicament. it seems he just wanted you to vanish.

those of my area are always more terrible at Easter and Christmas vigils. terrible people i tell you.
Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by misterh(m): 7:06pm On Jul 08, 2013
TF?! Who gave those foolish idiots guns? And to think that are recognised by the govt! What was the criteria for arming the group. Arggggh!

1 Like

Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by venorite(m): 7:08pm On Jul 08, 2013
Damn
Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by iamswizz(m): 7:10pm On Jul 08, 2013
[size=20pt]come o...e be like sey na world Killing day be today...[/size]

1 Like

Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by Enkaynwa(f): 7:11pm On Jul 08, 2013
RIP to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by Gifted4all(m): 7:11pm On Jul 08, 2013
RIP to d dead
Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by Donkarizma: 7:12pm On Jul 08, 2013
Give little power to some people and it will get to there head.
The problem with our nigerian thing is that we always delegate power to thugs and touts. I tell you go and check majority of the vigilante group or some the so called task force you will see that they are nothing but chain smokers,drunks and illiterates that do not have the necessary skills or knowledge to handle such responsibility.
Most of the vigilante groups are not trained.What they are after is just give us the guns and let us go and practicallize what we have watched in the movies.
Even in my area the vigilante boys dey form James Bond.

1 Like

Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by billante(m): 7:13pm On Jul 08, 2013
Nigerian journalism and bloggers are just cut and paste! one paper has wrongly attributed the guy as MTN staff without confirming and everybody is following suit!

Pls the guy is not an MTN staff, he works with a private Manufacturing firm along apapa oshodi expressway,

RIP akeem!

1 Like

Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by Marineetyon(m): 7:14pm On Jul 08, 2013
Blood thirsty demons at work. Needless to say arrest them because I know my country's men on black. Crime pays in naija.
Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by EreluY(f): 7:22pm On Jul 08, 2013
[size=18pt]Have these animals been arrested and charged to court for first degree murder? Nigeria is irredeemably finished![/size]

1 Like

Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by Numerouuuno: 7:25pm On Jul 08, 2013
Tolexander: R.I.P to the men!

Na so the vigilante men dey do everywhere. common thief, dem no go fit catch na to dey disturb ordinary person wey no be thief for street.

what did you now do bro?cos he cut off Ūя̲̅ options
already?
@topic,RIP to the deceased.
Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by valicious1(m): 7:28pm On Jul 08, 2013
Lets hear from the vigilantee side first before we start making our unsure, biased comments. Rip to the fallen
Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by 2nedo(m): 7:28pm On Jul 08, 2013
And the victims are not armed with gun.Are d vigilantes been arrested? These ppl are animal hunters not to be used as state security.
Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by moneyhungry(m): 7:34pm On Jul 08, 2013
I've been applying for a job at mtn but they keep telling me no vacancy.
now I'm gonna write another application n attach d killed mtn staff's obituary poster as an evidence.
i must get job!
Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by Orikinla(m): 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2013
It scary that things are really getting out of control in Nigeria.
Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 08, 2013
iamswizz: [size=20pt]come o...e be like sey na world Killing day be today...[/size]
lol...have you killed anybody yet?
Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by DollyParton1(f): 7:44pm On Jul 08, 2013
money-hungry :
now I'm gonna write another application n attach d killed mtn staff's obituary poster as an evidence.
i must get job!

U have a very dark and twisted sense of humor.
Obviously u've never felt the pain of loosing a loved/close one before. Stewpid!!

6 Likes

Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 08, 2013
Tolexander: R.I.P to the men!

- common sense no tell u say na only lie na nigerians and news dey lie? How aftr person come help u open gate finish u go shot am and waka go inside, still go disturb ppl? Na film. Na this one other ppl frm other continent take better pass us. All lies to draw sympathy does'nt worth it. If na outside Africa, them go talk D fault of Vigilante and D 2 ppl equally. I don tire of story wey dey like say na imagination. Na only boka haram dey do like that.
Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by Tolexander: 8:06pm On Jul 08, 2013
Numero uuuno: what did you now do bro?cos he cut off Ūя̲̅ options
already?
brosss:

hahaha...... Hilarious. so how did u handle the predicament. it seems he just wanted you to vanish. .
Numero uuuno: what did you now do bro?cos he cut off Ūя̲̅ options
already?
@topic,RIP to the deceased.
thank you my brothers! I prostrated and started begging since there were no more options.
Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by bukarm: 8:07pm On Jul 08, 2013
This is a very bad idea for the egba people,I have studied in moshood abiola polytechnic some years ago..the vigilante group is being used by the community leader to kill other peoples children and any other people that they hate...I was chased for just buying a moet wine,which a man reported that a criminal is in there house...that he uses wine to wash hand..which is false..they cam to my house at imo, opposite first bank shapon....while I have been informed by good citizen that love honesty....that's why I totally letf abeokuta and transfer by travel tour company...to else were....its their attitude in abeokuta....we know solution to all this when its time!!!the bell shall rang....!!

1 Like

Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by valicious1(m): 8:18pm On Jul 08, 2013
money-hungry :
i must get job!
kid there is time for everything. There are Times for jokes and times for serious issues. You shouldn't crack jokes with issues such as these cos friends and families of the deceased might be anywhere, anytime and some sily comments might hurt there feelings . Your joke would have been more appreciated had it been the thread were a lighter one but this is a case of death and it should not be joked with. Apply caution.

4 Likes

Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by bukarm: 8:19pm On Jul 08, 2013
No sinner shall go unpunished.
Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by DollyParton1(f): 8:20pm On Jul 08, 2013
bukar m: This is a very bad idea for the egba people,I have studied in moshood abiola polytechnic some years ago..the vigilante group is being used by the community leader to kill other peoples children and any other people that they hate...I was chased for just buying a moet wine,which a man reported that a criminal is in there house...that he uses wine to wash hand..which is false..they cam to my house at imo, opposite first bank shapon....while I have been informed by good citizen that love honesty....that's why I totally letf abeokuta and transfer by travel tour company...to else were....its their attitude in abeokuta....we know solution to all this when its time!!!the bell shall rang....!!

Àbeokuta is the most tolerating city in the state to students.
That they kill students is not true.
Re: Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta by bukarm: 8:20pm On Jul 08, 2013
Ogun ma paa vigilantee nii...wonma to mo wan gbalejo oran toju tiwon lo..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Plotting Secret Voting To Take Over 9th National Assembly, APC Senators-elec / 3 Modular Refineries To Begin Operations In 2019 — Kachikwu / Buhari Got 1,903,999 From Kano While.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.