Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,949 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) (9024 Views)

Transfering Contacts From Blackberry To Android. / 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones / Ip Address For Free Internet On Zain Zambia Or Mtn Zambia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by boriswole: 8:08pm On May 18, 2008
hi, i was wondering if i could connect my blackberry to my computer and then browse with it.
i have also been unable to install opera mini
anyone pls help
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by dragnet: 9:05pm On May 18, 2008
DuNnO

try googling it
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by dragnet: 9:27pm On May 18, 2008
I just googled "using blackberry as a modem to connect to the internet" and I got so many options to choose from . .and I guess u will too . . . .gudluck!
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by boriswole: 9:29pm On May 18, 2008
thanks, but i googled it before asking, you need some network settings peculiar to your network(mtn in this case) i need someoe who has actually done it before.
thaks for trying sha.
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by dragnet: 9:41pm On May 18, 2008
Network settings?? . . . Ok, why not state the parameters & lets see if I can fill them in or maybe somebody else might
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by boriswole: 9:44pm On May 18, 2008
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by dragnet: 10:06pm On May 18, 2008
I cant possibly view that link right now 'cos I'm on mobile. . . .but according to the article I just read on techworld.com, lets try these . . . . .

Anywhere u need to fill in :-
IP = 010.199.212.2
port = 8080
apn(access point)=web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
number to dial *99#
location=Nigeria. . . .dialing code =234

in the Extra initializatn c0mmand,enter this. . . +CGDCONT=,,"web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net"

does these look like what u need??
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by boriswole: 6:38am On May 19, 2008
Thanks.
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by Donseaun(m): 7:07am On May 19, 2008
U welcum.
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by sect(m): 7:13am On May 19, 2008
Seaun you're sick
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by Donseaun(m): 7:19am On May 19, 2008
U and i are sick.
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by sect(m): 7:26am On May 19, 2008
Nooo Seaun alone is sick
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by Donseaun(m): 7:28am On May 19, 2008
Taaaaa!
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by boriswole: 7:55am On May 19, 2008
pls what do i use for username and password while dialing up
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by sect(m): 7:58am On May 19, 2008
The username and password is WEB but erhm Boris are u ready 2 bear the cost.
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by Donseaun(m): 7:59am On May 19, 2008
caps lock
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by boriswole: 8:14am On May 19, 2008
yeah i was really thinking about the cost but i just think the blackberry browser is so wack, ive tried installing opera, no luck, pls do u know how i can install opera on my bb. i downloaded it but it wont install.
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by sect(m): 8:19am On May 19, 2008
Av u tried visitin opera.com
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by boriswole: 8:29am On May 19, 2008
yeah, and i downloaded opera mini but the thing just wont install
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by hayprof(m): 8:30am On May 19, 2008
Hold, while I get you Opera for your Blackberry**

. . . loading . . . . wink
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by sect(m): 8:41am On May 19, 2008
Alright,the prof is uploading opera that suit ur phone,hold on.
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by hayprof(m): 9:04am On May 19, 2008
I downloaded and uploaded a Operamini browser for your BB 8820 phone.

Hope it Works . . cheesy

Code: HERE wink

Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by boriswole: 2:36pm On May 19, 2008
thanks evry1 but it still doesnt install, ive tried chaging the tcp settings to
APN: web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
yserbame web
password web
anybody with anything else i can try?
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by NegroNtns(m): 4:15am On Jun 03, 2008
Boris,

Drag gave you the best path to use. In fact he gave you everything you will need to connect and browse. There is a missing link. I will tell you what it is.

When you bought your bberry there is a disc that came with it. That disc should be installed on your computer. It is called desktop manager. When you finish installing please come back for more instructions to get you connected. When you return I have a Blackberry resource room opened to support folks like yourself. Come in there and see me. There is a service charge of 5 bottles of palmwine. If you fail to deliver my 5 bottles you and I no go see eye to eye o.
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by dragnet: 5:10am On Jun 03, 2008
How u go fit see after shackn palmy?? grin **thinking*
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by boriswole: 6:44am On Jul 04, 2008
i already installed the BB manager and all before i came here, there must be something else im not doin right. if i can browse with the phone with the default BB browser, i get confused why i cant connect it to my laptop and use a desktop browser.
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by hayprof(m): 7:25am On Jul 04, 2008
U need a good hand on ur BB, do u mind i refer u?
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by NegroNtns(m): 2:55pm On Jul 05, 2008
Dragnet, I am blind as it is, the info people provide me is what I will use to process request as I cannot see their pc or their phone. Palmy is good for the heads to function - one head in phone section, the other in romance section. grin

Boris,

You are trying to tether your phone to the pc and use it as modem for your pc to access internet. However, you are not giving adequate info but wanting magic to happen. Remember, I cannot see your pc or your phone, the more you share the better I can assist. You need to do what is called DUN - Dial-UP Networking.

Here:

On PC

1. go to START
2. Control Panel (classic view) _ please dont come back asking how do u get classic view.
3. Phone and Modem
4. Modems tab
5. Choose Blackberry (if desktop manager is already installed as u say u will see this)
6. Click on Properties
7. Click on Advanced tab
8. In Extra Initialization Strings, type the string that DonSeaun gave you for mtn in this field
9. Hit OK all the way till u get back to Control Panel.

10. In Control Panel, look for Network Connections
11. On the left look for "Create a New Connection" and open it
12. The New Connection wizard opens
13. Click Next
14. Under Network Connection Type, select "Connect to the Internet" and click next
15. Under Getting Ready, select "Set up Connection Manually" and click next
16. Under Internet Connection, select "Connect using a Dial Up modem", click next
17. Under select a device, choose 'Blackberry modem", click next
18. Under connection name, type the name you want to call your connection, example "Bberry Tethering", click next
19. Under phone number, type *99***1#, click next
20. Under connection availability, choose 'My Use only", click next
21. Under Internet Account Information, type the info DonSeaun gave you, click next
22. Click Finish.

23. Go to Start button
24. select Connect to and show all connections
25. Look for Bberry Tethering
26. Right mouse click and select Connect.

Das All!!! If you have any more problem come back and share and please please, I am blind, you are my eye so lead me to the problem, dont expect me to know automatically what u r going thru with the phone.

Good luck!
Hey, hold on a minute, where's my bottle??
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by samuelk(m): 3:03pm On Jul 05, 2008
Ryt here bro*holdn up a bottle of agbo jedi*
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by NegroNtns(m): 3:37pm On Jul 05, 2008
LMAO, Sammy, u no well o.
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by hayprof(m): 8:44am On Jul 08, 2008
Damn! Y'll wasted a whole page on wap.
Re: How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) by krazynaija(m): 11:50pm On Oct 09, 2009
Thank you so much for the posts here Im so happy b.day negr0_ntns

I got one question i have done everyting and i can now use my blackberry curve to browse on my phone.I have not subscribed on BIS yet i want to know if after i subscribe when i use tethering it wont take my credit and it will browse via subscription?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My 4 Months Of Using World Best Smartphone Galaxy S8 / First Touch Soccer 2021 Download FTS 21 Mod For Android Offline / Can I Realy Browse Unlimited With Etisalat BIS On My Pc?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.