Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,220 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law (24253 Views)

Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity / Ex-militants Urge Uduaghan To Sign Anti-terrorism Bill / Jonathan Sign Anti Terrorism/money Laundering Bill!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by victorD3: 8:09am On Jul 09, 2013
la furia:
How is it any body's problem if people want to take concain or any hard drugs, it's their body afterall but yet taking or transporting hard drugs is illegal right?
Of what benefits are gays to humanity, nothing of worth. If anybody wants to practice homo, he should practice it in his bedroom, the public don't need them.

Why don't you go hang yourself by the neck, its your private life.

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by lomprico(m): 8:09am On Jul 09, 2013
mgbeketoto:

BIA NU LEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEE. . . BIA NU LEEEEEEEEEE!!!
COME AND SEE THE AN-US OF JESUS O! cheesy

. . . .And the 'mystery of the kingdom of GOD. . . = . . . JESUS IM BLOKOS INSIDE THE 'YOUTH' IM AN-US! cheesy

A so-called savior that moved around with 12 men without PANTS! grin
Disciple ko. . . APOSTLE ni!
Bunch of faghots!
Born of an ashswo plus 'HOLY GHOST'. . . .

What do we expect? grin

So CHRISTIANS have been worshipping a pedo-philic MALE PROST-ITUTE? Going around TOMBS AND GRAVE-YARDS AROUND GALILEE. . . .phocking DEAD and RESURRECTED. . . .'rich, young male gays who prolly died of AIDS? cheesy

Mu che che che che che
LUCIFER!
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 09, 2013
Bandit C.:
Funny thing is that these gay couples end up adopting a child created by a man and woman as their own child. Smh.
what if every man in the world turns gay at last? And women turn lesbians, won't that be the end of the human race since there will be no more multiplication? The chances of this happening is quite big. So, let us take measures because that law is also another way of reducing the world's population which will eventually lead to the end of human race.
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 09, 2013
Truckpusher: You can't be sitting on the fence on this one ,Ekwah; you're too smart for that. Unless your sense of what is right should be determined by the people around you as it concerns how they perceive you.

haha bro not really.Here's my take on this issue as a moderate conservative.

Homosexuality is a human phenomenon- it cuts across race, culture, class or any other human social constructs and people should therefore LEARN to be tolerant. As a Christian, I believe it is sin,but then I also have no right to cast judgment on anyone. Unlike other sins like stealing, rape, e.t.c, homosexuality shouldn't be a crime especially as no real conclusions have been made about it's root causes (genetic? environmental?,people's choices? we don't know) and as it just involves people's private lives. I don't think there should be a law criminalizing the acts of two matured consenting adults who have decided to do whatever they want with themselves. I think this is similar to p.ornography for example, it's 'bad' depending on who you talk to... I think people should be free to make whatever choices they want provided they don't stir unnecessary unrest in the society.

However, I do not support the enactments of laws legalizing 'marriages' between same-sex couples. Why? I value tradition and I am a Christian.

Here was what I said about same-sex marriages in the past:

ekwah:

@VanSnickers

I believe that gays should be able to do whatever they want with THEMSELVES without the support of any law. People who attack/threaten them should face criminal charges just as is the case when any human being is discriminated against. However:

1) I see no reason why it makes sense for two men for example, to marry and then adopt kids- it sounds so darn selfish to me. People should be able to live with the repercussions of whatever lifestyle they choose to lead.

2) I don't believe heterosexual marriages and gay marriages are equal at all. These are two completely different things in my opinion and I could go on and on explaining why they are very different and should be treated as such.

3) The ideal situation for any child is to have both a father and a mum (as it has always been from time immemorial) to train/take care/guide them as they negotiate their paths through this complex world. I think it is very unfair to any child who is born of course to heterosexual parents to end up in the homes of homosexuals because the law made it possible. Such kids should be able to make such choices by themselves at least after they must have reached a certain age.

4) I do not agree with all western values. As far as I am concerned, there's absolutely nothing wrong with most of our African values which permits and interprets marriage solely as relationship between a Man and a Woman. Anything outside of that is foreign and could only be tolerated at most but not supported by law. ANd just as someone rightly pointed out- Westerners frown at polygamy but embrace same-sex marriages right? Doesn't polygamy also come with the consents of the adults involved too? I would advice you to think more deeply about these things you know.

I have tried my best to understand same-sex marriage, but somethings just don't add up.

4 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by lomprico(m): 8:13am On Jul 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Dude..you dont know me..you dont know where i come from and you dont know my family....please dont put yourself into a big

mess over nairaland post...I never once insulted you or cursed you....but I guarantee you that what you just said here

will not happen to me......but will happen to you...I suggest you apologize...you dont want to go this route...
Hehehehehe! Someone is scared!!!! grin
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by cyco05: 8:14am On Jul 09, 2013
funshybam: ....and how is it your problem if a man marries a man? i find it difficult to believe we trample on some peoples right.....or will the gay force you to be his/ her partners ?

rubbish
the bishop has spoken the truth but u r so possesed that u call it rubbish!!! If everyone was allowed such a sick right then as the bishop said "we might start marrying out animals"! Some other sick minority do so already, it is just that the straight US president has not accepted their plea yet.
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by cold(m): 8:15am On Jul 09, 2013
lomprico:
SATAN!
sad Gawd bless you grin
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:15am On Jul 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Dude..you dont know me..you dont know where i come from and you dont know my family....please dont put yourself into a big

mess over nairaland post...I never once insulted you or cursed you....but I guarantee you that what you just said here

will not happen to me......but will happen to you...I suggest you apologize...you dont want to go this route...

INSULT ME! But not my GOD

I have decreed it, it is established, heaven bears witness to it today!

U will be a scapegoat for other demons on NL.

Wherever u are, the decree will locate you!
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by slimghost(m): 8:18am On Jul 09, 2013
Am quietly and codedly taking note of all the gay niggurs and bechees on NL. Hhahahahahaha. Observation continua.
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

If you are living in Nigeria obviously God has been pissing on you!!!
lwkm

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by sayitout1: 8:23am On Jul 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
Nigeria still has a long way to go before it truly becomes a civilized nation....What these pastors or religious leaders

and politicians don't understand is that Homosexuals and homosexual activist are not asking for equal rights in churches

and mosques..they are asking for equal rights under the law as a citizen of a country which is their right. It is their

right as a citizen of Nigeria to be protected under the law..regardless of who they like to have sex with.
Nigeria is not

govern by the bible or Quran its govern by a constitution which guarantees all citizens equal rights. Politics and

religion have nothing in common....with laws like this and if politicians continue to allow religious leaders to influence

the laws...Nigeria will forever remain an irrelevant third world country lead by caveman..

...just listen to yourself. Is there any law that has been made & succeeded that does not have a biblical back-up?

This was same thing/sin that made GOD detroy SODOM & GOMORRAH. God said NO one will lack his/her mate and U are hear interested in ur fellow gender.

This is a disgrace to your own kind of civilasation to support or speak for same sex marriage.

With all the knowledge you think you have, have you ever heard or seen a GAY DOG OR GOAT?

You claim to be civilise but imagine ursef thinking to support what even the worst of animals cannot do.

...think again.
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 09, 2013
Lmao this guy is a genius. Who says nobody doesn't fear God?
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Afroconnect: 8:23am On Jul 09, 2013
Jonathan we are Africans,we were the first people on the surface of this earth,far wiser than these white freaks.Sign the bill into law.we are wiser than these white people,please ignore them.99% of Nigerians are anti-gay cos its evil.
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by sobaemma(m): 8:23am On Jul 09, 2013
akereconfi:

call Him what ever you deem fit to call Him but that wouldnt stop Him from being what He is. Remember Saul, he was way far ahead of you in persecuting God's people.
Wait....Please can I know what you believe in? Religion or what ever?. Please. No offence
u widom is foolishness,God made black,jesus said to his disciple go to the word and preach the gospel not to the jews,secondly,jesus said he came only to save the sinner,gentile,which are not jews,thirdly it was God special interest for blacks that made him send paul to the ethopia man,that God made him appear to the ethopia,preached to him and he accept,so come out of that ur jewish believe
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.]Nigeria still has a long way to go before it truly becomes a civilized nation....What these pastors or religious leaders

and politicians don't understand is that Homosexuals and homosexual activist are not asking for equal rights in churches

and mosques..they are asking for equal rights under the law as a citizen of a country which is their right. It is their

right as a citizen of Nigeria to be protected under the law..regardless of who they like to have sex with.
Nigeria is not

govern by the bible or Quran its govern by a constitution which guarantees all citizens equal rights. Politics and

religion have nothing in common....with laws like this and if politicians continue to allow religious leaders to influence

the laws...Nigeria will forever remain an irrelevant third world country lead by caveman. Bro do u know that the origin of the law is the Bible? This simply beyond common human logic. Thanks.
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by abduldope(m): 8:24am On Jul 09, 2013
funshybam: ....and how is it your problem if a man marries a man? i find it difficult to believe we trample on some peoples right.....or will the gay force you to be his/ her partners ?

rubbish
bia whr u Shattap der if u no get anytn to tlk... Abi tell me weDa u dn notice any aniMaL praCticing gAynisim grin
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by dhammer(m): 8:25am On Jul 09, 2013
Glorified_Tunde:

INSULT ME! But not my GOD

I have decreed it, it is established, heaven bears witness to it today!

U will be a scapegoat for other demons on NL.

Wherever u are, the decree will locate you!
AND you are a shining example of a CHRISTIAN? commanding demons to enter people. Well done, and somewhere in your head you think God is happy with you.

3 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 09, 2013
Easyfren: Mr knowitall.]Nigeria still has a long way to go before it truly becomes a civilized nation....What these pastors or religious leaders

Nigeria is not

religion have nothing in common
....with laws like this and if politicians continue to allow religious leaders to influence

the laws...Nigeria will forever remain an irrelevant third world country lead by caveman. Bro do u know that the origin of the law is the Bible? This simply beyond common human logic. Thanks.

Coughs coughs... pretty heavy statement (in red). Religion and politics could go hand in hand so what's ur point? undecided
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by akereconfi: 8:27am On Jul 09, 2013
sobaemma: u widom is foolishness,God made black,jesus said to his disciple go to the word and preach the gospel not to the jews,secondly,jesus said he came only to save the sinner,gentile,which are not jews,thirdly it was God special interest for blacks that made him send paul to the ethopia man,that God made him appear to the ethopia,preached to him and he accept,so come out of that ur jewish believe
i dont understand ur stand and ur point of view
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 09, 2013
a
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Rednose: 8:29am On Jul 09, 2013
sobaemma: automatic visamake them no try am o,cus my guy all nigeria men go form gay enter yaki
This is so funny but very true. Some nigerians will be willing to compromise their strong anti-gay belief to get an american visa if it ever comes to that. In any case, Nigeria is a long, long way from approving same-sex marriage. This is a country where a citizen's basic rights are yet to be recognized meanwhile some are speaking of gay rights! Not likely in the near future, so folks, calm down.

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by cyco05: 8:29am On Jul 09, 2013
cold: The sexuality of Jesus Christ is queried.

Was Jesus queer? We don't know. But it is a possibility that cannot be ruled out. One version of St. Mark's gospel - which is still the subject of academic dispute - alludes to Jesus having a homosexual relationship with a youth he raised from the dead.According to the US Biblical scholar, Morton Smith, of Columbia University, a fragment of manuscript he found at the Mar Saba monastery near Jerusalem in 1958, showed that the full text of St. Mark chapter 10 (between verses 34 and 35 in the standard version of the Bible) includes the passage:"And the youth, looking upon him (Jesus), loved him and beseeched that he might remain with him. And going out of the tomb, they went into the house of the youth, for he was rich. And after six days, Jesus instructed him and, at evening, the youth came to him wearing a linen cloth over his nak3d body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God" grin.The veracity of this manuscript is hotly contested by other Biblical scholars. This comes as no surprise. The revelation of a gay Jesus would undermine some of the most fundamental tenets of orthodox Christianity, including its rampant homophobia.But even if the text is genuine, does this ambiguous, elliptical passage offer evidence of Jesus's homosexuality? It is hard to say. The precise nature of the relationship between Christ and the youth is not spelled out. Sexual relations are suggested but not explicitly stated.The Morton Smith document is, in fact, irrelevant to the vexed issue of Christ's sexual orientation. What we can say for certain is that the standard, accepted Biblical narrative gives us no information at all about Jesus's sexuality.This absence of firm information does not, of course, mean that we can take it for granted that Christ was heterosexual. Far from it! The lack of information about his erotic inclinations begs more questions than it answers.The truth is that we simply don't know whether Jesus was straight, gay, bisexual or celibate. There is certainly no evidence for the Church's unspoken presumption that he was either heterosexual or devoid of carnal desires. Since nothing in the Bible points to Christ having erotic feelings for women, or relationships with the female sex, the possibility of him being gay cannot be discounted.In the absence of any evidence - [b]let alone proof - that Jesus was heterosexual, the theological basis of Church homophobia is all the more shaky and indefensible. How can established religion dare denounce homosexuality when the founder of its faith was himself a man of mysterious, unknown sexuality who could, for all we know, have been homosexual?The Bible tells us that Jesus was born a man and therefore presumably had male sexual feelings. It would have been more or less impossible, biologically, for him not to have an element of erotic arousal - even if only having the normal male response of waking with an er3ction [/b]
heresy!!! Trying to justify what is evil will further drag u to the pit!!!...once we accept this menace I think the next thing scholars like u would want to do is verify 'Jesus as the good shepherd! Poking his sheep"...
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 09, 2013
Truckpusher: Alas,another generation of Africans isn't falling victim to religion because the fall itself started long time ago ...The Europeans that brought the religion were busy pounding and looting kingdoms like the great Benin empire with their cannon balls whilst holding the bible in one hand.Right now they are beginning to sell another destructive ideology to us ,but Africans are rejecting it using the old trick of religion to avoid that which is abominable and that abomination is homosexuality.
this doesnt make a single sense. homosexuality has always been african thing. even the westerner were the greatest homophobia in history, but after research upon research, study upon study, they realized being gay is a natural thing and human right has to be respected on people that are gays. so how is that an ideology? do you even know the meaning of the word, "ideology" in real sense of it?

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by akereconfi: 8:35am On Jul 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Dude I didnt insult you or cursed you..but for some reason you want to take my post personal...you dont know anyting

about me but yet you want to curse me....when my daughter was doing her 1 year birthday...the Ajero of Ijero...the Oba

of usi..and the Oba of Ise..came all the way from Nigeria to personally bless her on her birthday....my family owns the

Ajero of Ijero thrown...my dad is Oba Ije of Ise.....I know many of the Ekiti kings i have their phone number.....please

take your words back....because you dont know me to be cursing me like that...

You want to intimidate us with your class?. Those names you are calling, are they not Humans?? Do they have supernatural powers?? Is that the reason why you should rain abuses on God. Because you have their phone numbers?? Do you know who is who here?? Uploading those pix doesnt show anything. It only show ur childish way of reasoning. (Sorry if I offend u). Remember all those oba n all those names you are calling, they are mortals and not immortals. God can make them cease to exits. Are you indirectly telling us where your source your inspiration.

Sir am amazed
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by tony9k: 8:36am On Jul 09, 2013
@sarutobie. My point is that the act is abnormal (to me) but not criminal. I gave the example of per marital sex which is wrong from the christian perspective but won't land one in jail in a secular state (provided done by 2 consenting adults). There are many acts that have severe sanctions according to the bible but they are not applied in a secular state. Come to think of it the countries that have allowed gay rights, has that increased the crime rate, made them poorer or had other negative effects. Let us respect the rights of the minorities abd vulnerable - gays, children, disabled, elderly. LET GAYS BE.

3 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by lomprico(m): 8:37am On Jul 09, 2013
cold:
sad Gawd bless you grin
Hope u r not offended cos u shouln't be because if there is no God, then there is no satan, so my calling u satan for ur post shouln't be anything to u unless God really exists and if so, u should think about ur life. Have a great day.
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 09, 2013
akereconfi:

You want to intimidate us with your class?. Those names you are calling, are they not Humans?? Do they have supernatural powers?? Is that the reason why you should rain abuses on God. Because you have their phone numbers?? Do you know who is who here?? Uploading those pix doesnt show anything. It only show ur childish way of reasoning. (Sorry if I offend u). Remember all those oba n all those names you are calling, they are mortals and not immortals. God can make them cease to exits. Are you indirectly telling us where your source your inspiration.

Sir am amazed

apologize..because Jesus is not going to help you in this one....you have no idea what you are getting ur self into...
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by victorD3: 8:39am On Jul 09, 2013
Na wa oo!

Logging off Nairaland to suck my girl friend's breat before heading to the office.

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by StevenJay01(m): 8:45am On Jul 09, 2013

rubbish

See ur yansh!e don spoil.I pity ur kind
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Unluvable(f): 8:46am On Jul 09, 2013
Agreed the whole psychology around being gay puzzles me!

But what two 'consenting adults' decide to do with 'their butt-holes' should be their damn business!

Religiously fornication, adultery, idolatry, envy, revelry, drunkenness,homosexuality are all morally wrong. So why should they single one and accord a jail term to it!

*just trying to be logical about it*
Personally the idea of the gays caressing each other disgust me

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:47am On Jul 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Dude I didnt insult you or cursed you..but for some reason you want to take my post personal...you dont know anyting

about me but yet you want to curse me....when my daughter was doing her 1 year birthday...the Ajero of Ijero...the Oba

of usi..and the Oba of Ise..came all the way from Nigeria to personally bless her on her birthday....my family owns the

Ajero of Ijero thrown...my dad is Oba Ije of Ise.....I know many of the Ekiti kings i have their phone number.....please

take your words back....because you dont know me to be cursing me like that...

So you have brought your family into this matter? And obas, who is oba beside my GOD?

Listen, I take my GOD's matter personal. This day has been waiting for you for long!

Again, I CURSE you, the obas, the shrine and everything you believe in.

May the FIRE OF THE HOLYGHOST answer in your respective camps! In the NAME OF JESUS!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

VP Osinbajo Leads Nigerian Delegation To World Economic Forum In South Africa / Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl / Nobody Wants To Give Me Credit For June 12 '93 Election, Says Babangida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.