Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,985 members, 7,814,356 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Glo Sim Aint Connecting - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Sim Aint Connecting (5728 Views)

How To Get 1gb On Your Glo Sim For Just #100 / How To Get 530MB On Your Glo Sim For Just N200 (2014 Offer) / Activating Glo Sim Card For Internet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Sim Aint Connecting by symbian03(m): 8:13am On May 19, 2008
Hello guys,i purchase a new glo sim card since last year.And ever since then i have been trying to activate my gprs but all to no avail. Surprisingly i saw gprs on it around last month but it's nt connecting,when ever i try to connect all i could hear is profile incorrect damn and the profile is so so correct coz if i insert another activated glo sim it do connect. Any assistance or any one aswell facing this shit?
Re: Glo Sim Aint Connecting by sect(m): 8:27am On May 19, 2008
Symbian you aint d only one facing it ooo,it also happened 2 me,it took me 3 month b4 i could get the sim activated,after dat it browsed on that very day it was activated and from the next day onward till now it has refused to browse despite my having the correct configuration,if i connect it now it would display subscribe to packet data when the G icon is very visible for me 2 see
Re: Glo Sim Aint Connecting by Donseaun(m): 8:31am On May 19, 2008
Den activate d 2nd time.
Re: Glo Sim Aint Connecting by sect(m): 8:39am On May 19, 2008
I called 121 and reported the problem to them,they promised to forward the issue to their wack engineers but till today no positive response from them,abeg i don dump the line joo,after all my bros is a glo user. I cant even waste my money to buy another glo sim card,i so much despise dat network. I even prefer mtel to glo
Re: Glo Sim Aint Connecting by Nobody: 11:04am On May 19, 2008
@ sect

Glo na crazed network true true. I was so pissed that i had to break their sim card grin
Re: Glo Sim Aint Connecting by symbian03(m): 2:47pm On May 19, 2008
Na wa o it means am aswell going to break their sim. Coz am really feld up with their dumb ass network.
Re: Glo Sim Aint Connecting by sect(m): 6:55pm On May 19, 2008
Glo really sucks. What i did with my sim was to first exhaust the 60 free sms's and then i threw d sim away,i should av broken the sim sef
Re: Glo Sim Aint Connecting by grock1(m): 9:44pm On May 19, 2008
i av also xperienced dis b4, i can only giv a a trick u culd use instead. . change the wap settins u use for browsin to d mms settings. . .wit dis, u shuld be able 2 browse, til d wap settings can go. . .
Re: Glo Sim Aint Connecting by tobs(m): 10:18pm On May 19, 2008
@poster . . .u aint the only one o . . .we yapa wey they face this problem. .  .my bro line that has been browsingn for the past one year . . . .is no more going . . .and the G sign shows. . . .infact i bought a new sim for my self . . .getting the line activated is hell . . . .i got to give it to a friend in the hood that works in victorial island to help me goto their office and get it done,but it didnt work, e showed only the G sign . . . .the 927 doesnt work . . . and if u call there customercare  ,  they would tell u to goto their office,  . . GLO na twees . . . . . tongue
Re: Glo Sim Aint Connecting by initialize(m): 10:43pm On May 19, 2008
mine wasn't working initially so i had to call customer care about 4 times before my request was granted and since then my sim works till now. try doing the same, ok?
Re: Glo Sim Aint Connecting by sect(m): 10:57pm On May 19, 2008
Initialize i called their customer care for over 20 times yet nothing happend,what abt tobs who sent someone to their head office and yet it couldn't be done,what do u say abt dat.glo sucks abeg
Re: Glo Sim Aint Connecting by grock1(m): 11:17pm On May 19, 2008
glo dont suck. . its jst dat little problem, and i guess they r doing somethins to rectify it. . cos no mata wot, glo stil d best network. im not talking of gprs wise,
Re: Glo Sim Aint Connecting by shayman(m): 12:22pm On May 20, 2008
@g-rock
just shut up there n stop saying rubish!
@poster
the problem is with a lot of people. I dont have the problem but i dont care about glo's wap cos its rubbish anyway. I have been hoping and hoping for the last three years for glo to change (meanwhile i use mtn) but its too late for them now cos my sim got damaged and am not ready to waste my precious time retrieving it. Why should i? When there wap is not even free. Stupid people!!
Re: Glo Sim Aint Connecting by grock1(m): 1:57pm On May 20, 2008
@ shayman . .haba! u av taken dis too personal. . im sure all of ya family they work fo Mtn, dats y u dey beef glo. . .im not talkin about d glo gprs, GLO STILL STAND THE BEST NETWORK. . .
Re: Glo Sim Aint Connecting by sect(m): 3:50pm On May 20, 2008
Best in what? I go through hell whenever i want to make a long distance call to a glo number,the network bar always fluctuate and its never stable,i always ensure that i lie on a bed or couch before i call their customer care and lastly when you send a message to a glo number,dont expect the delivery report immediately.
Re: Glo Sim Aint Connecting by Vuitton(m): 4:16pm On May 20, 2008
U guys are really scarin me!
Is glo that bad, i just bought a sim 2da
Re: Glo Sim Aint Connecting by Vuitton(m): 4:20pm On May 20, 2008
I hope to use the glo sim for gprs. Pls whats d easy way to activate gprs settings on a nokia 3230
Re: Glo Sim Aint Connecting by initialize(m): 5:11pm On May 20, 2008
Re: Glo Sim Aint Connecting by honsule(m): 5:24pm On May 20, 2008
@initia.It won't work.That is only the settings.Only glo customer care can activate your line.mtn is the only line that when you just bought it new, it's activated already.Call their C.C for activation of new lines.Their gprs is okay by me.
Re: Glo Sim Aint Connecting by symbian03(m): 9:51pm On May 20, 2008
GLO SUCKS, u will send an activation request for a year. Even after then the stupid line no go connect. Infalt i will break da sim sometime!
Re: Glo Sim Aint Connecting by abujabooks(f): 6:45pm On May 22, 2008
If GLO is not good, which network is?

Help a sista here.
Re: Glo Sim Aint Connecting by grock1(m): 7:28pm On May 22, 2008
glo is still the best in terms of good connectivity. . .voice clearity . .internet gprs(glodirect) . .bt in terms of wap, glo is a bit slow. . .
Re: Glo Sim Aint Connecting by Nobody: 8:26am On May 24, 2008
Ever since i started browsing with my Glo line, it's sim registration failed today sim browses tomorrow miraculously ETC so i had to just 'Do it ' To the sim angry
Re: Glo Sim Aint Connecting by Donseaun(m): 8:54am On May 24, 2008
My glo sim doesnt browse on k750! Y? Glo send me d settings ni o!
Re: Glo Sim Aint Connecting by Tunnex1: 12:20am On Jul 23, 2008
@all, can any1 kindly help 2 activate glo sim 4 browse.
Re: Glo Sim Aint Connecting by DualCore1: 7:51am On Jul 23, 2008
get to a glo office, it will take 15mins to get it activated. there is a difference between gprs activation and gprs settings.
Re: Glo Sim Aint Connecting by olatayor(m): 10:59am On Jul 23, 2008
its always free at the glo office, only if you can endure, there are lots of proud and arrogant creatures there, but i could do the manual config for you,
Tunnex1:

@all, can anyone kindly help 2 activate glo sim 4 browse.
Re: Glo Sim Aint Connecting by Michael109(m): 9:25pm On Mar 20, 2016
can't check my account balance,, I have tried so many process of checking the account balance,, I even try calling 124 yet they said that the service is not assessable that I should contact my service provider,,, I have contact them severally,, yet nothing is really going on

(1) (Reply)

See Specifications Of Gionee Marathon M6 With 6gb Ram, 7020mah Battery Capacity / Is Airtel's 400 % Instant Bonus On Recharge A Scam? / Tecno W4 Photos, Specs, Features And Price In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.