Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 - Jobs/Vacancies (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 (376181 Views)

Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 / Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2014 Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (153) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by nnaemeka38(m): 5:18pm On Oct 19, 2013
I am done with my screening. I saw at least 2 persons who didn't receive the invitation message, but their names appeared on the hard copy list. I want to advice those who didn't receive the message and stays close to their various centres to go and check and see if their names are there. Goodluck all
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by mimzy007(f): 5:23pm On Oct 19, 2013
Of course bro,its advisable for pple who didn't get the Sms to go. Its possible their names are on the list but due to some error they didn't get the message.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by adekanmbi1986(m): 5:37pm On Oct 19, 2013
skiguy123: For those dat cudnt locate d past questions(2010) posted some wks ago..here

emrino: Mathematics;
1. Evaluate (101.5)2 - (100.5)2 *the 2 after
the brackets r square roots*
A. 1 B. 2.02 C. 20.02 D. 202 E. 2020
2. Express product of 0:06 and 0.09 in
standard form.
A. 5.4 x 10 *raised to pwr minus 3* B. 5.4 x
10 .C. Same as ''A'' D. Same as ''B'' E. Same
as
''B''
I'm guessn ds questn was an error but thats
hw it appeared
7. Simplify 0.63954/0.003 giving ur ans
correct to two significant figures.
A. 213:18 B. 213.00 C. 213 D. 210 E. 21
Then there was d next question on Mean,
Median & Mode
11. 30 / (((3+3)x2+3)/5)
A. 15 B. 6 C. 5 D. 12 E. 8
General Paper:
1. The American forces handed over
command and control to the..........troops in
Afghanistan?
A. ECOMOG B. UN C. AU D. WARSAW E.
NATO
2. Iraq was invaded by the American
Foreces in?
A. 2001 B. 2002 C. 2003 D. 2004 E. 2005
3. After 9/11 W. Bush named three
countries Axis of Evil, Namely?
A. Syria, Iran & Iraq
B. Kuwait, Iraq & Iran
C. Syria, Labanon & N. Korea
D. N. Korea, Iran & S. Korea.
E. Iran, Iraq & N. Korea
Then der wer questions on National anthem
& flag. Bakassi Penissular was handed to
cameroun by Int'l Court when??
A four star General in the Nigerian Airforce is
known as?
A. Air chief Marshal
B. Air Vice Marshal
C. Air Marshal
D. Marshal of the Nigerian Airforce
E. Air General
49. The first indigenious Chief of Air staff
Ans = Brigadier Gen. GT Kurubo
20 Maths; 20 Eng; 10 General Paper;
ENGLISH:
Explain the senstences;
1. Ladies & gentlemen, the worst maybe
over but we are not out of the woods yet.
A. Still in the forest
B. Not yet ready to celebrate our success
C. Likely to encounter more difficulties
D. Not sure of ourselves
E. Still inside the wood
2. The teacher spoke with his tongue in his
cheek when he said that lazy Ade was the
best pupil.
A. Did not mean what he said
B. Was disappointed
C. Was angry
D. Tried to encourage Ade
E. Tried to laugh
Select the correct possessive form of the
underlined word
3. The carpenter family gathered around as
the carpenters children read poems from a
poetry book *the underlined r carpenter/
carpenters*
A. Carpenters
B. Carpenters's
C. Carpenters'
D. Carpenter's
E. Carpenters'es
4. Select the word that has different
meaning but if they all have same meaning
select E
A. Exonerate
B. Exculpate
C. Castigate
D. Excuse
E. All are synonymous
5. A. Invective
B. Nonconformity
C. Aberration
D. Deviation
E. All are synonymous
Fill the blank spaces.
1. Improper logging of tardiness can cause
the problem to ________ until it is addressed.
A. Reoccur
B. Recour
C. Recur
D. Roccur
E. Re-ccur
Whats the meaning of Petulant?
A. Good-humored
B. Contemptuous in speech or behavior
C. Multi-lingual
D. Wise beyond one's years
E. Particularly clean and tidy
Complete the sentence.
I ______ the new recruit on the way his set of
skills _______ those of the other members of
the team.
A. Complimented, complemented
B. Compliments, complements
C. Complements, complemented
D. Complimented, Complements
E. Complimented, Complimenting
The busy software Engineer ate ______ his
desk the looked ______ the documents.
A. At, at
B. Behind, over
C. Like, at
D. At, till
E. At, of
Another way of sayin, ''what belongs to
william belongs to william''
A. What's Williams is Williams
B. What's William's is William's
C. What's William's is Williams
D. What's Williams is William's
E. None of the above

Someone should give answers to the english aspect, please.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by Ijebaby(f): 5:56pm On Oct 19, 2013
Matthew50: At port harcourt centre, why did d say we should come back on 20th sunday for test when other centers hav not announce theirs?
Says who When Rivers is doing their's tomorrow sunday and any other state that is remaing, including late comers. Pple are funny o
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by Ijebaby(f): 6:11pm On Oct 19, 2013
Desdee101: guys i hail evrybdy o una weldone... na makurdi centre i dey write mine n dem no collect photocopies. also, my course (LINGUISTICS) no dey listed there bt i still apply n i got d txt say im eligible to attend d zonal enlistment exercise. infact today wen they start to screen bayelsa applicants my name na first on d list. dats my encouragement for d maintime sha so make guys jst relax nutin dey hapen. hahahahaha una go don dey laff my pidgin abi? i be english master o i jst wan make una laff small lolz
na u sabi english master!
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by gboyex(m): 6:15pm On Oct 19, 2013
i arrived akure centre today at about 4pm. after all the yabin and etc recieved i was told to start pickin papers untill i begin to sweat like goat. at last sha i did my height and they check my papers am told to come baq tomorrow for meds. at least i no sit for ground under sun nobody dey my baq or front but i pic the leather wey una use drink water and groundnut today..lols
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by Ijebaby(f): 6:23pm On Oct 19, 2013
PortHarcourt centre tomorrow is for Rivers State, other remaing states and also for the late comers. Where una come hear 20th from, abi una own appt. test different Una don come o!
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by azidomedogo: 6:24pm On Oct 19, 2013
nnaemeka38: I am done with my screening. I saw at least 2 persons who didn't receive the invitation message, but their names appeared on the hard copy list. I want to advice those who didn't receive the message and stays close to their various centres to go and check and see if their names are there. Goodluck all
cheesy
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by gambudu: 6:34pm On Oct 19, 2013
Lagos center how did ur medicals go today.Apart from height ,Did dey check ur blood pressure?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by eddie7: 6:54pm On Oct 19, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
Desdee101: guys i hail evrybdy o una weldone... na makurdi centre i dey write mine n dem no collect photocopies. also, my course (LINGUISTICS) no dey listed there bt i still apply n i got d txt say im eligible to attend d zonal enlistment exercise. infact today wen they start to screen bayelsa applicants my name na first on d list. dats my encouragement for d maintime sha so make guys jst relax nutin dey hapen. hahahahaha una go don dey laff my pidgin abi? i be english master o i jst wan make una laff small lolz
Did de tell u wen de exam is comin up?
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by fabulurs: 7:14pm On Oct 19, 2013
What is the situation at Ilorin centre today... Cos we were told to come on Monday... pls how serious is the coming on Monday since the Test is slated for thursday as one needs to prepare ahead of the Test
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by sanyahkod(m): 7:31pm On Oct 19, 2013
Lagos,how did it go today? *Roger*
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by gambudu: 7:41pm On Oct 19, 2013
sanyahkod: Lagos,how did it go today? *Roger*
our medicals in lagos consisted of only height and tatoo checking.Nothing else.anybody with such experience.I wonder y dey didnt check our blood pressure.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by Hyper85(m): 7:53pm On Oct 19, 2013
Though I completed my screening at lagos today I must say it came with a huge price, I was asked to do series of frog jump for coming late even though I arrived at 7:05am. This drilling coupled with sitting in the sun for almost 10hrs was not funny at all. At a point I almost left because the pains were becoming unbearable but I held on as a man I should be. I really do feel for Nigerian graduates and youths in general for what we are made to go through in our Nation. However I will like to wish everybody the very best and please if it doesn't work out its not the end of the world, nobody stays jobless forever as long as u are a graduate though it may take time, its not a do or die affair, always pray hard because God is key. Goodnight and have a sweet week ahead. Hyper signing out

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by NADAL5: 8:06pm On Oct 19, 2013
Hello guys pls i heard sum1 saying we should report 2 the exam day with our Acknowlegdement card.....pls 4 sumboby lyk mua dat submitted all the 3print out 2dem along side my cedentials,,,because I tot we'r ment to submit both d local gvt form, the parents or guidian nd acknowlegdement card 2dem .....,dos dat mean i made a mistake...nd wat could be my fate on d exam day??
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by sirg101: 8:06pm On Oct 19, 2013
mimzy007: Apart frm Akure,in which other centre were candidates told to expect tx msgs?

@Mimzy , u dnt need to ask such..Akure seems to be the best Zone so far..they even call people who havent been able to complete their screening
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by gambudu: 8:17pm On Oct 19, 2013
NADAL5: Hello guys pls i heard sum1 saying we should report 2 the exam day with our Acknowlegdement card.....pls 4 sumboby lyk mua dat submitted all the 3print out 2dem along side my cedentials,,,because I tot we'r ment to submit both d local gvt form, the parents or guidian nd acknowlegdement card 2dem .....,dos dat mean i made a mistake...nd wat could be my fate on d exam day??
yea u made a mistake,shouldnt have submitted the originals but notwithstanding.Go back to the website and reprint your acknowl card,parent/guradian and local govt form.But mind u,u will still need to go back to the person that filled the local govt form.Download it and keep until u see ur name on d list,then proceed for resigining.Reason is that u will need it during final selection interview in kd.ur parent can fill theirs.Hope that helps
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by jamyde: 8:35pm On Oct 19, 2013
Pls NL my screening is 2mao in lagos. Pls direct my way from ikeja under bridge to the base.need ur urgent response!
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by iyaski: 8:46pm On Oct 19, 2013
jamyde: Pls NL my screening is 2mao in lagos. Pls direct my way from ikeja under bridge.need ur urgent response!

From Ikeja under bridge, walk straight to the railway track (that place is called IKEJA ALONG), use the pedestrian bridge to cross over to the other side of the road. Then, take a bus going to PWD (N50). The front gate of SAM ETHNAM base will be staring at you. I hope that helps.

Another way is to locate SIMBIAT ABIOLA WAY (popularly know as MEDICAL ROAD) ask for NACO buses, enter and tell the conductor to stop you at the AirForce Junction.

I hope it helps.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by LobsanRampa(m): 8:48pm On Oct 19, 2013
acawo: done wit screening @kano centre.dey only checked nysc cert, birth cert, degree n waec.spent 3mins doing dis. we wer told to check tuesday.
I was there but I thought they said we should come on thursday.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by Phranciz(m): 9:18pm On Oct 19, 2013
Please can someone let me know when kwara would be doing their screening.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by jamyde: 9:18pm On Oct 19, 2013
[quote author=iyaski]

From Ikeja under bridge, walk straight to the railway track (that place is called IKEJA ALONG), use the pedestrian bridge to cross over to the other side of the road. Then, take a bus going to PWD (N50). The front gate of SAM ETHNAM base will be staring at you. I hope that helps.

Thanks bro... I really appreciate your response, God bless!
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by Phranciz(m): 9:19pm On Oct 19, 2013
Please can someone let me know when kwara would be doing their screening in KD.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by mruc: 9:21pm On Oct 19, 2013
pls guys i want to ask if we are going to do physical fitness test within 17 to 26.And also if after screening your document and doing medical test if u can go and come back on 24 of dis month for exam
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by skiguy123(m): 9:48pm On Oct 19, 2013
kclub83: u knw wot? I did my screening since thursday in akure centre and dis useless pple just dey waste our time telling us to always come back everyday to submit d copies and dis usele$$ pple are not even ready to collect.we are just here sitting down for nothing. So i just need to confirm if oda states have submitted.
Lol..dat one bad oooo..dey collected ours immediately we finished d screening nd asked us to come back for test on d 24th...Well we neva can tell..mayb dos pipu like ur faces na..
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by skiguy123(m): 9:52pm On Oct 19, 2013
[quote author=eddie 7][/quote]

So after d screening u guyz jux left?...well mayb dey av anoda plan for u guyz
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by mimzy007(f): 10:42pm On Oct 19, 2013
sirg101:

@Mimzy , u dnt need to ask such..Akure seems to be the best Zone so far..they even call people who havent been able to complete their screening
wonderful! U would think Kd & Lag will be definatly give out such info,as it turns out they didnt.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by mimzy007(f): 10:46pm On Oct 19, 2013
Phranciz: Please can someone let me know when kwara would be doing their screening in KD.
Monday 21st
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by mkoabiola: 11:11pm On Oct 19, 2013
Some centres collected credentials and dd dier medicals while some nva collected credentials,what a disparity!
All na formalty.God show us d way,
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 19, 2013
@Hyper85. Please what time is one supposed to get there cos mine is Monday and I no wan do frog jump o
Re: Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013 by sammy30(m): 12:00am On Oct 20, 2013
@Ronke001, jst reach there latest 7am... Its well

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (153) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 / 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread / Federal Fire Service 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.