Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

For The Kids - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / For The Kids (826 Views)

See What Happens When You Promise The Kids An Ice Cream After Service / Wife Earns 3times Her Husband's Salary,who Should Resign & Takecare Of The Kids? / Why Half The Kids In The U.k. Are Doomed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For The Kids by Chxta(m): 4:11pm On Jul 08, 2013
Reacting to shocked looks and queries by some of the passengers in the moving bus he had just jumped into, Chibuike Ibe, 9, simply said, "Even my junior brother dey sell for Cele," then proceeded to hawk his wares. The time was almost 10 pm, a time he should have been in school.

While young Chibuike would very likely not see the inside of a school willingly, some of his age-mates, who were in school had their lives snuffed out early on Saturday morning. At least 29 students died when Government Secondary School, Mamudo in Yobe state was attacked by people purporting to fight for Allah. I think I can (for once in my life), know that I am speaking the words of God when I say that all the attackers will burn in hell.

The Prez also shares my sentiments, but the difference between me and him is that he actually has the powers to weed out those attackers, and snuff them out. He could, in my not-so-humble-opinion, begin by firing the khaki in charge in Yobe, Col. Ibrahim Ali, who on the same day as the attacks said, "We have not had any major encounter except on June 16 when they attacked a school in Damaturu. We have pushed them out of town."

Meanwhile, all the kids in Yobe have been sent on compulsory holiday.

Quote of the Day

"As much as I love football, it is sickening to hear the amount of money spent there but nothing on wrestling." - Canadian Olympic Gold medalist, Dan Igali pontificates at the AFCON winners.

Bits and Bobs

Apparently, Jigawa head honcho, Sule Lamido, will be the next Prez, if his friends in Nasarawa have anything to say about it.

28 vessels involved in Nigeria's biggest industryhave just been recycled into the system.

National icon, Freddie Ajudua does not like the Wig sent to preside over his excursion to his new home. "Trial was meant to commence today but with the application brought by the first defendant, trial is consequently adjourned," said Justice Oyewole, most famous for making Uncle Bode a Baba Elewon four years ago now.

Finally, if you must move about in Naija by road, God is Good.

(1) (Reply)

Seun, Can We Stop Making Tribal Topics Hit The Frontpage. / PHOTOS: Lagos Danfo Driver Strips Naked To Avoid Arrest / 24 Hours Power Supply In Ile-ife And Oshogbo Because Of Jonathan's Visit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.