Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Why Half The Kids In The U.k. Are Doomed - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Half The Kids In The U.k. Are Doomed (680 Views)

See What Happens When You Promise The Kids An Ice Cream After Service / Rich Kids In Abuja Pull Stunt With Expensive Carsever Sunday In Abuja / For The Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Half The Kids In The U.k. Are Doomed by ngodus: 2:54am On Apr 26, 2011
Almost half of all children in the United Kingdom will see their parents--whether married or unmarried--split by their 16th birthdays, according to a new study released last week by the Centre for Social Justice.

Lead researchers Dr. Samantha Callan and Professor Rebecca Probert found that 48 percent of kids will experience a “family breakdown” by the time they are 16--a figure that is steadily growing. In addition, they discovered that British births outside of marriage, which is more unstable for kids than marriage, are at an all time high.

These results contradict Professor Pat Thane’s findings from the Happy Families? History and Family Policy report, written for the British Academy and released last year, which indicated that cohabitation and family breakdown has been prominent and relatively constant in British culture for years.

http://kabibi.com/lates-news/latest-news/3771-why-half-the-kids-in-the-uk-are-doomed-.html
Re: Why Half The Kids In The U.k. Are Doomed by OAM4J: 4:09am On Apr 26, 2011
The world is moving very fast to a marriage-less one, something close to the animals world. Guess we just have to deal with it.
Re: Why Half The Kids In The U.k. Are Doomed by InkedNerd(f): 6:35am On Apr 26, 2011
OAM4J:

The world is moving very fast to a marriage-less one, something close to the animals world. Guess we just have to deal with it.

Being married doesn't mean that the world will be any better? There are millions of married couples all over the world yet the world isn't any better undecided

There are societies where individuals live communally without marrying and still thrive undecided
Re: Why Half The Kids In The U.k. Are Doomed by OAM4J: 7:33am On Apr 26, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Being married doesn't mean that the world will be any better? There are millions of married couples all over the world yet the world isn't any better undecided

There are societies where individuals live communally without marrying and still thrive undecided

I dunno if the world will be better, worse or doomed, time will tell. All I know is that we are heading  towards a marriage-less world.
Re: Why Half The Kids In The U.k. Are Doomed by Pweety4me(f): 5:31pm On Apr 27, 2011
Well, well
Re: Why Half The Kids In The U.k. Are Doomed by mamagee3(f): 12:32am On Apr 28, 2011
OAM4J:

Whatever you say. . .
Re: Why Half The Kids In The U.k. Are Doomed by InkedNerd(f): 10:23am On Apr 29, 2011
OAM4J:

I dunno if the world will be better, worse or doomed, time will tell. All I know is that we are heading  towards a marriage-less world.

Hmmm if you don't mind me asking, and why is that such a bad thing? undecided
Re: Why Half The Kids In The U.k. Are Doomed by OAM4J: 7:03pm On Apr 29, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Hmmm if you don't mind me asking, and why is that such a bad thing? undecided

I only stated an opinion of where I think the world is heading, didn't say it's a good or bad thing.

That said, I think marriage (good/happily ones) has its advantages and plays a role in an healthy society,

but then, I also think marriage is overrated and it is not meant for everyone.
Re: Why Half The Kids In The U.k. Are Doomed by InkedNerd(f): 5:12pm On Apr 30, 2011
OAM4J:

I only stated an opinion of where I think the world is heading, didn't say it's a good or bad thing.

That said, I think marriage (good/happily ones) has its advantages and plays a role in an healthy society,

but then, I also think marriage is overrated and it is not meant for everyone.

I never said you couldn't have an opinion. The whole point in me asking you that question was to hear what you had to say.
Re: Why Half The Kids In The U.k. Are Doomed by OAM4J: 8:21pm On Apr 30, 2011
OK. I get your point.

Now what is is your own take? Do you think a marriage-less world will be better than the present world?

(1) (Reply)

'uncontacted' Tribe Found In Brazil's Amazon / Standards Organization Of Nigeria (son) Directives / Is Nairalist Still Working?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.