Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Toyota 1999 Siena Cuts In Motion - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota 1999 Siena Cuts In Motion (1634 Views)

Engine Goes Off When The Brake Is Applied In Motion. / Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. / Siena, Promise: Can O2 Sensor Make My Car Stop When In Motion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota 1999 Siena Cuts In Motion by universalbets(m): 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2013
JUST BOUGHT A 1999 NIGERIA USED TOYOTA SIENA. SOMETiMES IT WILL STOP IN MOTION AND REFUSE TO ACCELERATE AFTER A WHILE IT WILL PICK AGAIN EVEN DOES SAME IN THE MORNING.

I HAVE CHANGED THE FUEL PUMP THRICE-2 NEW PUMPS AND 1 TOKS FROM LADIPO. I HAVE SERVICED THE INJECTOR AND NO JOY INCLUDNG DRAINING AND WASHING THE FUEL TANK.

CAN ANYONE HELP OUT HERE ON LIKELY PROBLEM/s
Thx.
Re: Toyota 1999 Siena Cuts In Motion by JUO(m): 5:49pm On Jul 08, 2013
that was why the previous owner sold it. keep trying God will see you through. have you tried changing the coil?

1 Like

Re: Toyota 1999 Siena Cuts In Motion by Cyberknight: 6:09pm On Jul 08, 2013
Try cleaning the throttle body with carb cleaner. Nice one, Juo.
Re: Toyota 1999 Siena Cuts In Motion by earthrealm(m): 6:43pm On Jul 08, 2013
JUO: that was why the previous owner sold it. keep trying God will see you through. have you tried changing the coil?

buying naija used car ..even though cheap..in the long run..is more expensive!!! grin
Re: Toyota 1999 Siena Cuts In Motion by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 08, 2013
Is the Check Engine Light on?
Re: Toyota 1999 Siena Cuts In Motion by jnostill: 11:23pm On Jul 08, 2013
Try to change d oil pump in the gear,and c wht happen
Re: Toyota 1999 Siena Cuts In Motion by universalbets(m): 6:53am On Jul 09, 2013
@JUO and Earthrealm
I now know better. The owner did not disclose 70% of faults. I have spent so much and still far away from having a smooth drve.
Re: Toyota 1999 Siena Cuts In Motion by universalbets(m): 6:55am On Jul 09, 2013
@Costee
The check engine light is deffinitely ON
Re: Toyota 1999 Siena Cuts In Motion by universalbets(m): 7:17am On Jul 09, 2013
The vehicle is in Lagos now: dont want to risk driving it to abuja as after the return drive to Asaba and Warri more faults have arisen.
Pls can i have contacts to genuine Toyota parts dealer in Lagos?

I serviced the car before the above trip of about 1,317Km.

The new brake pads finished before Shaganmu. had to drive slow to Lagos.
The caliper springs in the rear wheel are broken.

If i can solve the initial problem of loosing power to as low as 700rpm and while you are pressing the gas pedal after some seconds it suddenly revs up to 4500rpm plus and down again before it picks up and starts moving after reving it for a long time.

Advice please?
Re: Toyota 1999 Siena Cuts In Motion by universalbets(m): 7:25am On Jul 09, 2013
Also observed leaking oil though small around the front gasket area. the mechanic assured i should not worry. your take please?
Re: Toyota 1999 Siena Cuts In Motion by universalbets(m): 7:34am On Jul 09, 2013
JUO: that was why the previous owner sold it. keep trying God will see you through. have you tried changing the coil?

Most people just sell lemons. the A/C he said only needed gas ended up changing the whole line.

What does the coil do? if bad where do i get genuine toyota siena replacement parts?
Re: Toyota 1999 Siena Cuts In Motion by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 09, 2013
universalbets: @Costee
The check engine light is deffinitely ON
And you decide to ignore it? Scan the car and proceed from there. In so doing you'll have an idea of the electrical problems bugging the car.
Re: Toyota 1999 Siena Cuts In Motion by universalbets(m): 7:53am On Jul 09, 2013
@Costee - No i did not ignore it
After changing the fuel pump with a brand new one. problem persisted. Further replaced with a toks. check engine light went off for some hours and came back on again till date.

I am willing to rescan the vehicle if i can find one close to Festac Link bridge in Lagos.
Re: Toyota 1999 Siena Cuts In Motion by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 09, 2013
universalbets: @Costee - No i did not ignore it
After changing the fuel pump with a brand new one. problem persisted. Further replaced with a toks. check engine light went off for some hours and came back on again till date.

I am willing to rescan the vehicle if i can find one close to Festac Link bridge in Lagos.
Does that mean you had scanned it before? Do you remember the codes pulled? Since the light has resurfaced, I'd advise you obtain a scanner--very available (affordable?) these days. Then you'd begin to have greater control over what happens to your car. Pls scan before throwing more parts on the car.
Re: Toyota 1999 Siena Cuts In Motion by Cyberknight: 10:12am On Jul 09, 2013
Re: Toyota 1999 Siena Cuts In Motion by universalbets(m): 8:52pm On Jul 09, 2013
Costee:
Does that mean you had scanned it before? Do you remember the codes pulled? Since the light has resurfaced, I'd advise you obtain a scanner--very available (affordable?) these days. Then you'd begin to have greater control over what happens to your car. Pls scan before throwing more parts on the car.
Appreciate your help. Can you recommend a scanner type that i can use for this Toyota sienna 1999 model and a mercedes 03 model?
if possible Cost aand Contact? Makes sense to me.
Regards.
Re: Toyota 1999 Siena Cuts In Motion by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 09, 2013
universalbets:
Appreciate your help. Can you recommend a scanner type that i can use for this Toyota sienna 1999 model and a mercedes 03 model?
if possible Cost aand Contact? Makes sense to me.
Regards.
Contact Nissparts 08022228273
Re: Toyota 1999 Siena Cuts In Motion by universalbets(m): 9:15am On Jul 10, 2013
@Costee
Thx for the contact. I will call Nissparts. Cheers

NB: I will post progress on the vehicle.

Changed the two rear shock absorbers(N5000 for the pair) yesterday and sealed the top cylinder and manifold with a glue hopefully as indicated on the pack.

This morning i have decided to drive the vehicle through Lagos traffic and see if the leak persists also feel how the shock absorber performs.
Re: Toyota 1999 Siena Cuts In Motion by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 10, 2013
Yes, keep us posted. Good luck.
Re: Toyota 1999 Siena Cuts In Motion by universalbets(m): 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2013
Finally contacted Nissparts and will take the vehicle to him for scanning. Will post codes and suggested repairs for review here prior to implementation
Re: Toyota 1999 Siena Cuts In Motion by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 13, 2013
have u checked the plugs. if they are dark brown. I recommend u change them asap...Also check if your plug wires are leaking current....Am still thinking sha...My plugs almost grounded my car recently... Also check if ur car idle rpm is below 1 when the car is not in motion(engine on)

(1) (Reply)

My Back Passengers Seat Foothold (floor) Always Soaked!!! Pls Help!!p / Need Knowledgeable, Professional Electrician In PH / Y2k Mtt VS Jet Fighter .. Unfair For The Bike , See What Happen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.