Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,587 members, 7,816,446 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

The Forthcoming Codeless generation. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Forthcoming Codeless generation. (596 Views)

Php/mysql Pin And Serial Number Generation Script / Pin Codes Generation For My Joomla Website / Customise Your Forthcoming Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Forthcoming Codeless generation. by Esiri111(m): 10:48pm On Jul 08, 2013
It is very clear that in the latest upgrades of some popular cms like wordpress, joomla,etc.the codeless generation is coming close.
For example.
I used wordpress to build a site www.gcliqq.tk . All I did in editing this site was edit a little php(which every beginner like me who could not write 3 lines of php script can do) and the rest was just changing my theme, installing plugins etc, Yet the site looks proffesional.
I tell you that maybe in the next couple of years there would be no need for coding again.
Do you thinks so?
Re: The Forthcoming Codeless generation. by dansmog(m): 11:39pm On Jul 08, 2013
then prepare to stop the developers of those cms platform you mentioned.

Let me ask you a question, do you design website for clients? Yes? Then do you think they will pay for that service when they can aslo edit some lines of php?

When people have started ''coding'' apps for google glass, you are here saying because of some cms (written by coders) coding will become obsolete.

2 Likes

Re: The Forthcoming Codeless generation. by talk2hb1(m): 4:38am On Jul 09, 2013
Its like you are getting it wrong, the CMS, plugin, and you used was it not coded?
Coding will never go out method of coding will only change, the essence of those CMS is to eliminate the problem of repetition of task (DRY).
And the most important of all is that FOSS is a marketing model devised to address the issue of software piracy. You will discovered that when you need advanced feature for The plugin or theme you used for your site you will surely be willing to pay for it.
The moral of my story no free meal
Re: The Forthcoming Codeless generation. by Esiri111(m): 5:40pm On Jul 09, 2013
what I'm saying is that things are getting easier for the end user !
Re: The Forthcoming Codeless generation. by talk2hb1(m): 5:55pm On Jul 09, 2013
Esiri111: what I'm saying is that things are getting easier for the end user !
Well maybe.
Re: The Forthcoming Codeless generation. by omonaijar: 6:13pm On Jul 09, 2013
Esiri111: what I'm saying is that things are getting easier for the end user !

Which is great for the end user who is the consumer who is king.
Re: The Forthcoming Codeless generation. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 09, 2013
na wa o

1 Like

Re: The Forthcoming Codeless generation. by GraphicsPlus(m): 5:28am On Jul 10, 2013

Re: The Forthcoming Codeless generation. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 10, 2013
nope actually things have been easier and its more opportunity for Developers. why let's put it like this. We are no longer required to build the website but the extensions and customizing, can't remember when last i designed a website all i get is developing plugins,widgets or modules.

Now assuming your beloved is missing a feature but guess what that feature is not free it cost 300$, then you hire a developer to create such plugin, now thi smeaning you'd be at the mercy of the developer or just pay for the plugin. Also this weeds out 15k developer.

WordPress/Joomla/Drupal are all complicatedly built to make things easier for the frontend, and harder too for the frontend, unless you know the internal architecture customization is out of it. cheesy thank God for Codeless Generations more cash for the "serious developers" yipee

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Out With Webmail / Paypal Tests Mobile Payments Using Your Face For Verification / Joomla SMS Component & GSM Database (local Govt. By Local Govt -new Update)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.