Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Other Japanese Autos: Where Are They? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Other Japanese Autos: Where Are They? (618 Views)

Nigerians Only Japanese Vehicles Mentality Syndrome / Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market / Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Other Japanese Autos: Where Are They? by crispgg: 8:41am On Jul 09, 2013
In our country the obvious first consideration for most people in choosing a car to buy is Toyota or Honda.

Since we swear by the reliability of Japanese cars, I've always wondered why the other Japanese auto's are not making a headway in Nigeria.

Apart from the huge number of Toyota and Honda Sedans that we see on our roads, you can count on your fingertips the other Japanese cars you will see driving around.

Where are the Subaru's, Mitsubishi's, Nissan, Mazda, Suzuki, Isuzu's, Daihatsu's?

Or have our mechanics also labelled them as no go areas?
Re: Other Japanese Autos: Where Are They? by Cyberknight: 10:06am On Jul 09, 2013
Nigerians have a follow the herd mentality, so when its said that Toyota and Honda are to die for, they go ahead and buy these cars. I've got a Subaru Forester (Fuji Heavy Industries, I believe) and I've been using it since 07 with no complaints whatsoever as to the sturdiness or build quality, etc. And the so-called dearth of mechanics and/or parts for the other brands is a myth; I've had no trouble finding spares for this one on the few occasions I needed to replace something. My mechanic has been quite good with the car and that brings me to my next point - I believe that we should give Naija mechanics more kudos than we normally do and stop slamming them all the time: considering the harsh environment they operate in and the almost universal lack of formal training, they are generally a most creative lot indeed.
Re: Other Japanese Autos: Where Are They? by yungboss(m): 5:03pm On Jul 09, 2013
Give me a Subaru WRX STI and i'm out!

(1) (Reply)

Why Do You Remove Your Seatbelts When Off The Highway? / Buying And Shipping Your Parts Made Easy / Where Can I Do A Car Scan And Fix Gear Box Issue In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.