Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone (33443 Views)

5.1 Lollipop Update Is Coming To All Tecno With Ota Very Soon / Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 Lite G313H ( ₦ 18,200 ) And Samsung Galaxy Star (₦ 15,000 ) / Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by caukerzee(m): 11:12am On Jul 11, 2013
Kaycee7: Are we going to begin a new argument on flagship? Caukerzee SORRY ooo. I know no say you self dey make sense. Elxandre, collect am 4rm my mouth. YOU ARE A BIG IDIO.T. Am still explaining that a flagship is a brand's leading model, you open your mouth talk say "that phone is a WINDOWS PHONE 8 flagship!" Elxandre YOU ARE AN ILLITERATE NINCOMPOOP. U don make me vex main main. Abeg comot my face make I talk to person. God!
@Caukerzee, a flagship is a company's leading product in a specific sect. Galaxy s4 is Sammy's current flagship for smartphone (NOT ANDROID), Htc one is Htc's current flagship for smartphone, Iphone 5 is Apple's current flagship and Tecno F7 is Tecno's current flagship. Get it? Its a single product not the whole series.
Business depends on your capital and strategy. Tecno's in the third world, so what? Didn't Sammy chase behind someone for years before getting to where they are? Probably people lyk you who condemned Samsung without a moment's thought are now the ones saving up to buy a Samsung product. Tecno will soon move from the third world to the second to the first. Open ur eyes my broda.
Of course i know flagship is the leading product of a brand, but now i am talking about all phones running on the android os, i am calling them flagships not based on their brand names, but based on their os. thats why i did not use any phone not running on the android os, like iphone which runs on ios and the lumia series which runs on the wp os as examples. tecno is not inovative. inovation is key to comming to prominence.samsung and apple are where they are today because of the new things they brought and things they are bringing to mobile tech. for example, samsung is talking about things like flexible displays, 5g bandwidth, 4gb ram already. tecno on the oTher hand is still copying and pasting the hardwares of the earlier models of the big guns.
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Youngtekkey(m): 11:37am On Jul 11, 2013
directonpc:
lol. 2 foolish statement u made.
1. u are using d5 makes it beta than Gstar. Mehn
2. U are using your e63 as a hotspot. Shey them give u free e63(which has 1 of the lowest 3G bands) when u buy the phone?
Bro i no blame you sha. Just another ignorant tecno fan.
u are dumb idiot i have my apple laptop idiot and what am trying to say is that when using the wifi e63 is 3 times faster than even a phone with 3g and i download files of 438mb within 50 minutes and again all una problems be sey coz a person is using tecno it means such a person is poor i dey laugh for u well it's not ur fault wen u don't hav better things to do with money
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 11, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
nope. they get a hands on review at the event the phone was announced. they then wait for days or even weeks to get the phone for the complete review.
get your facts right.
Oh! Finally u get sense....
"THEY" if i may ask, who are these THEY?
Provide the answer urself.....
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by caukerzee(m): 12:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
ibietela2:

Why not LIE a little?? Tecno phones are not better than all samsung phones.
Why should i lie? wasn't it on a similar theard that same person i quoted said f7 is better than s3 and all samsung phones are overpriced?
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Kaycee7(m): 12:01pm On Jul 11, 2013
caukerzee: Of course i know flagship is the leading product of a brand, but now i am talking about all phones running on the android os, i am calling them flagships not based on their brand names, but based on their os. thats why i did not use any phone not running under the android os, like iphone which runs on ios and the lumia series which runs on the wp os as examples. tecno is not inovative. inovation is key to comming to prominence.samsung and apple are where they are today because of the new things they brought and things they are bringing to mobile tech. for example, samsung is talking about things like flexible displays, 5g bandwidth, 4gb ram already. tecno on the oder hand is still copying and pasting the hardwares of the earlier models of the big guns.
You had a point this good and you were busy dishing out insults since.
Anyway, I still believe Tecno can come up with something innovative.
But just admit it, the Galaxy Star is a load of crap to pay N16000 for? True or False?
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Elxandre(m): 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2013
Kaycee7: Give me explained points not insults. Otherwise comot ur ugly face make me and Cauker continue our debate. Bomboy.
google this out "HTC WINDOW 8x windows phone 8 flagship"
anyone arguing with a novice like you is obviously wasting precious time..
A flagship is a leading product of a particular brand in a given operating system. *Hence a phone brand could have 3 flagships under different operating systems..
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by caukerzee(m): 12:07pm On Jul 11, 2013
ibietela2:

You guys didn't notice @caukerzee of a guy has been ignoring this comment because it's the TRUTH.
You yourself quoted me when i confessed that galaxy star is a big fail. is a fail.
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by caukerzee(m): 12:18pm On Jul 11, 2013
Kaycee7: You had a point this good and you were busy dishing out insults since.
Anyway, I still believe Tecno can come up with something innovative.
But just admit it, the Galaxy Star is a load of crap to pay N16000 for? True or False?
Truth...I myself, is very dissapointed in samsung for realeasing this crap of a smartphone called this galaxy star. This phone is a flop already. I'm sure samsung wasn't aware of the presence of tecno in the nigerian market. for their mind them tink say them don bring something new wey go make guliable africans lick their fingers. big fail i say once again.
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by caukerzee(m): 12:22pm On Jul 11, 2013
Godvilla: For the records, i learnt Samsung is Korean(Asia) Tecno we all no China(Asia)
now go make research and tell me who amongst dis two giant countries is enjoying the climax of Tecnology
4 ur info, there are superior phones out there in china which can trash down SGS4 eg: "Xiaomi MiS2 2013 version" but i just wonder y those beasts are not released to the international market.
story! china is behind korea and japan in tech advancement in asia. do not confuse economy with technology. go get your facts right.
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Youngtekkey(m): 12:47pm On Jul 11, 2013
caukerzee: story! china is behind korea and japan in tech advancement in asia. do not confuse economy with technology. go get your facts right.
oboy i think u r dreamy or u are talking from the past not now go and look at many things the chinese technology companies are now doing not even now that japan economy is not good and koreans are having problem judge base on current findings not olden days findings just last month china lauched a car that does not uses petrol and use only battery and is rechargeable and so on no talk rubbish for us here jare
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Kaycee7(m): 1:22pm On Jul 11, 2013
Elxandre:
google this out "HTC WINDOW 8x windows phone 8 flagship"
anyone arguing with a novice like you is obviously wasting precious time..
A flagship is a leading product of a particular brand in a given operating system. *Hence a phone brand could have 3 flagships under different operating systems..
You quote a deriviative of my post and call me a novice, seriously!
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by caukerzee(m): 2:06pm On Jul 11, 2013
Youngtekkey: oboy i think u r dreamy or u are talking from the past not now go and look at many things the chinese technology companies are now doing not even now that japan economy is not good and koreans are having problem judge base on current findings not olden days findings just last month china lauched a car that does not uses petrol and use only battery and is rechargeable and so on no talk rubbish for us here jare
one of the idiots that make me insult. Let me directly use a comment i saw on this forum.because china made a car that runs on water, so what? lest you forget, russia is the only country in the world with a working space station and one would think they are the fore-runners of mordern technology manifacturers. but that is not the case. lnstead we have japan, germany, united states, france, uk and south korea taking the front seat. united arab emirates have the world tallest building, that doesnt make them the home of sky scrappers. that would be new york and hong kong. china making a car that runs on water is just one of those isolated events. they are not even the first to do that. we have usa who did that first. it doesnt change the countrys economy, hence doesnt make a global impact. a simple google search to do. google world latest inventions and see for yourself before you come here to display gross ignorance and stupidity. go get your brain checked.
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Dabss(m): 2:54pm On Jul 11, 2013
Godvilla: Oh! Finally u get sense....
"THEY" if i may ask, who are these THEY?
Provide the answer urself.....
they 'gsmarena'
same with phone arena or any other recognised review website. if you don't have anything reasonable to say just shut up. what a schmuck!

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by EmperorSeal(m): 3:14pm On Jul 11, 2013
NEROSKY:
If u buy D5 u go cry, go for p3 bro.... D3 & D5 is dead
tnx man
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 11, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
they 'gsmarena'
same with phone arena or any other recognised review website. if you don't have anything reasonable to say just shut up. what a schmuck!
Guy u mumu ooo.........2geda with ur followers!!!
U are just confusing urself the more.
They, are gsm arena representatives/mobile phone journalist, who gather info across europe and get dem across via their website.
Now get me staright, if they had sum deligates here representing Africa, am sure u wuld hav seen the Tecno devices hands on review etc on their site.
Go ova our previous post and get sum sense in2 ur obligue brian!!!
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Dabss(m): 4:03pm On Jul 11, 2013
Godvilla: Guy u mumu ooo.........2geda with ur followers!!!
U are just confusing urself the more.
They, are gsm arena representatives/mobile phone journalist, who gather info across europe and get dem across via their website.
Now get me staright, if they had sum deligates here representing Africa, am sure u wuld hav seen the Tecno devices hands on review etc on their site.
Go ova our previous post and get sum sense in2 ur obligue brian!!!
you are still refusing to use you brain dude.techno is made in asia just like Samsung and HTC. Why will techno need an African representative to be recognized and not the others?
If my budget can only buy a phone below #20k, I will still pick Samsung. You know why? Because of the support I will get because though Samsung may never upgrade its software, I will have lots of options @xda forum so I get stuffs like a more optimized Rom and kernel. Unlike techno phones that will be frozen with the Os it is shipped with.
Pls I already know Of your pathetic ginger-bean Rom so don't even bother mentioning it.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 11, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
you are still refusing to use you brain dude.techno is made in asia just like Samsung and HTC. Why will techno need an African representative to be recognized and not the others?
If my budget can only buy a phone below #20k, I will still pick Samsung. You know why? Because of the support I will get because though Samsung may never upgrade its software, I will have lots of options @xda forum so I get stuffs like a more optimized Rom and kernel. Unlike techno phones that will be frozen with the Os it is shipped with.
Pls I already know Of your pathetic ginger-bean Rom so don't even bother mentioning it.
I need not say anymore.......
U said WE shuld check GSM arena and see 4 ourselves if we'll find a Tecno barnd there which implies dat, u only regard device found on gsm arena with high esteem. I replied, stating GSM is a private site and not an official mobile site. I went further to tell u dat, u wuld hav seen a Tecno brand in GMs arena had they any journalist here in Africa......
Besides, who says am using a Tecno Rom whatsoeva
Dats ur cup of coffee... Am neither a Sammy nor Tecno fan!!!
I go 4 wat suit my needs as a Tech savy irrespective of the price tag(50-100k).
I dnt nid to see it on a junk site b4 i rate it higher dan others............
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 11, 2013
ibietela2:

Please stop calling Prison..... And what do you need drivers for??
flashig cus it always brick
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Dabss(m): 4:53pm On Jul 11, 2013
Godvilla: I need not say anymore.......
U said WE shuld check GSM arena and see 4 ourselves if we'll find a Tecno barnd there which implies dat, u only regard device found on gsm arena with high esteem. I replied, stating GSM is a private site and not an official mobile site. I went further to tell u dat, u wuld hav seen a Tecno brand in GMs arena had they any journalist here in Africa......
Besides, who says am using a Tecno Rom whatsoeva
Dats ur cup of coffee... Am neither a Sammy nor Tecno fan!!!
I go 4 wat suit my needs as a Tech savy irrespective of the price tag(50-100k).
I dnt nid to see it on a junk site b4 i rate it higher dan others............
wow! So you just buy a phone without even looking it up huh?
Who does that? Certainly not someone with common sense.
What if the phone has a particular bad problem Eg poor battery life or a terrible camera?
Nigga your reply is getting dumber so just phuck off.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 11, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
wow! So you just buy a phone without even looking it up huh?
Who does that? Certainly not someone with common sense.
What if the phone has a particular bad problem Eg poor battery life or a terrible camera?
Nigga your reply is getting dumber so just phuck off.
Ring ring ring......... Time up....!!!
U are just jumping 4rm pillar to post changing topic. Just admit ur previous post and move on with ur life.......
I got sum other stuffs to attend to
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 11, 2013
HOW DO U ASSESS THESE POSTS?
[quote author=Da_b¤§§.] and this is coming from a techno user.
at least you can find Nokia c1 @gsmarena.

Kaycee7: E dey 4 gsmarena no make am confirm phone. We are debating features and performance here not availability on websites. Give me some intelligent points.
[quote author=Da_b¤§§.] and this is coming from a techno user.
at least you can find Nokia c1 @gsmarena.
GSM arena is a private website. Not an official mobile site. Btw, i dnt fink they hav any representative here in 9ja cos am sure u wuld hav seen Tecno devices on dat website.
"SMH"
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 11, 2013
Peeps born on Feb 29th I feel ur pain...
Celebrating ur b'day every 2years like the Olympics cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by caukerzee(m): 6:34pm On Jul 11, 2013
Godvilla: Peeps born on Feb 29th I feel ur pain...
Celebrating ur b'day every 2years like the Olympics cheesycheesycheesy
What does that have to do with this thread?
P.S: its four years not two years.
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 11, 2013
caukerzee: What does that have to do with this thread?
P.S: its four years not two years.
My bad... I actually meant to say 4 yrs
and its got a whole lot to do here....
Tecno whistling......
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Kamaye(m): 6:49pm On Jul 11, 2013
Michky: You dont get it, do you? This is not necessarily about making a low-end phone that'll win the hearts of the ever growing technonation. This is about stopping the increasing odacity to compare the cheap techno series with expensive samsung bigboy phones. In other words, samsung is trying to stop this embarassing comparism of their 100k phones with cheap 15k phones. And so far so good, their strategy seems to be working as planned.
lols!
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by jbanj4(m): 8:34pm On Jul 11, 2013
wheesin: they are too stingy..imagine the small screen and no 3g...mtcheew

You read my mind jorr
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Faroqk(m): 9:40pm On Jul 11, 2013
caukerzee: Who come be this olodo again? Just park well for one side.
Haba! e don dey pain yu? No, seriously. If yu sabi wetin dem dey use moni do, u no go begin call anoda pesin poor.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by Faroqk(m): 10:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
Now I read on another thread that Samsung Galaxy S3 exploded in a girl's pocket.
Nairalanders are like; WTF.
Better you start walking around with your S3 tied to an extinguisher. Hehehe! I hope not to say ITYS!!!

1 Like

Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by caukerzee(m): 12:12am On Jul 12, 2013
Godvilla: My bad... I actually meant to say 4 yrs
and its got a whole lot to do here....
Tecno whistling......
I don't get. Was it the day tecno was founded? Or is it a Tecno user's birthday?
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by directonpc(m): 8:46am On Jul 12, 2013
Faroqk: Now I read on another thread that Samsung Galaxy S3 exploded in a girl's pocket.
Nairalanders are like; WTF.
Better you start walking around with your S3 tied to an extinguisher. Hehehe! I hope not to say ITYS!!!
na that gal know waitin she do.
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by physise(m): 10:18am On Jul 12, 2013
directonpc: na that gal know waitin she do.
abi o
Re: Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone by gangwolf(m): 5:40pm On Jul 13, 2013
Jack Baueress: Come o! does it mean no one uses blackberry any longer on nairaland? why are the blackberry users silent? mtscheeew!

hit like if you're a blackberry fan joor!! cheesy grin
lol.black beans.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Cost Of Mobile Internet Around The World(infographic) / Best Phone For 30k To 35k: Please Advise / How To Deactivate All MTN Services To Stop Deducting Your Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.