Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,474 members, 7,823,104 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - (47656 Views)

Sunday Oliseh At Bayern Munich Stadium ( Allianz Arena) / Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by lawmani: 5:41pm On Jul 09, 2013
What Stephen Keshi needs to understand,Urgently!

Stephen Keshi is a good coach. In fact he is the most successful coach Nigeria has had in the past decade and by winning the nations cup 2013 he boarded the ship of achieving coaches!

But one quality that successful and long lasting coaches have, is that they have always had a nose to differentiate constructive criticisms from destructive ones and act on them even if they do not agree in public.

Ever since our nation triumphed at the 2013 African Cup Of Nations (AFCON) our super eagles have been struggling,relatively, and has failed to consolidate on this landmark success due to the fact that we do not have continuity and there has been this obsession to experiment and overpopulate the team with more Home grown players. Analysts all had problems naming incoming players at the Confederations cup for example.

Ever since I expressed my personal disagreement at the huge number of Local based players that represented Nigeria at the just concluded Confederations cup, on Supersport, thousands have clearly stated their understanding and agreement of the point of view just as some, our super Eagles Nations cup winning coach, Stephen Keshi included, have disagreed and made some regrettable comments. this I feel is quite unfortunate and personal.

The basis behind my comments (which were shared by every other consultant at the Supersport panel) were to help and bring attention to the fact that we needed to urgently improve our local league to maintain our new status and gradually add new home based in the mix in other not to burn the ends.

As we speak, I have discussed with Mr Nduka Irabor (Chairman of the N. Pro League) on how I can help them through my position and know how to improve our league standard so it can be productive again. Who knows we might just get it back on track after all.

What Is So Special About Foreign Based Players?

If you are a Foreign based pro. it is not because these foreign clubs want to do you a favour, it is because you are one of the best from your country, simple. By gradually trying to wage a war against these players who ply their trade week in week out at the highest level leagues in the world we are turning our back to our best and waging a war against ourselves, they are Nigerians too I must remind !

They should not be cast away just because our technical crew lack the skills to manage them at the detriment of Nigeria.

Ever asked why The out flux of Nigerian home based to Europe has reduced drastically in recent years? It is because the Europeans for example after several scouting visits to our local league games find the tempo and standard quite low, not credible and with the crisis in the world have little time to wait for years work to upgrade these players, otherwise Sunday Mba, who I find quite solid & talented should have been bought immediately after the AFCON!

The unbalanced flooding of home based is a strategy that can work at the AFCON level etc but at the world stage, we will play well but lose, like we used to do in the 80′s & 90′s prior to 1994 and now did at the Confederations cup!

Unless this trend is done for other personal reasons outside that of the direct interest of the nation which we are not aware of!

My Take

My belief is not that we should not use home based players, far from it, if Sunday Mba was not at the Nations cup in 2013 for Nigeria I do not think we might have won it, at least like we did. He however was well surrounded by Victor Moses, Emmanuel Emeneke etc and made his contributions productive and easier. We saw how this poor boy struggled at the Confed. cup just 4 months after doing us proud in South Africa! Oboabona is one of my favourites and with some more polishing would go places internationally!

The Speed Of World Level Soccer,Today

The Confederations cup was of a higher level than the AFCON: high level tactics, Advanced Coaching, speed of execution and result orientation was on display and the world cup next year will be even at a faster pace. That am sorry is why I feel a gradual introduction of home based players, shouldered and protected by experience should have been the case, cause the scenarios for them to play at this level are absent at the moment!

I believe you noticed how at ease Obi Mikel was Vs Spain or Uruguay, the man is used to these kind of players and their level, simple !

Players are not Made at The National teams but by the clubs and leagues so improving our league standard should be the priority!

Why National Coaches are called Managers, Technical Advisers & not a full coach .

National team coaches are called Managers because they are not supposed to form players due to the short time they have to work with them, but they are supposed to be good at selecting like or complementary players, mix them up to produce results.

When mighty France of 1998 won the World cup and the Euros 2000 they had few players from the then solid French league but mainly from the then better Italian league that was at its best.

Our priority should be improving our league and the use of the CAF Home based Nations cup to get experience for the home based will be wise!

Stephen Keshi’s Job Is The Last Thing I Want!

I can understand that Keshi feels threatened by the possibility of a sack and back stabbing, but my comments should not be seen as coming from a possible successor unless one is desperate, which I thank God I am not!

His job is the last thing that I or my family need. I know the custom lately amongst some of the coaching crew in our dear country has been attacking the incumbent to take his place, but I believe I have proven over and over again that my consultancy company and my life that I have spent 23 years to build in Europe which I cherish dearly is more precious to me than the day to day stress that comes with Being the Super Eagles coach!

I wonder how I will continue to run my 6 year old consultancy business that has now gone global, coach my youth team, fulfil my new but cherished introduction into FIFA with the Super Eagles Coaching job 6000 kilometres away from my family!

I have said this uncountable times, although I love my country it is not in my wildest dreams to manage the super eagles otherwise I would have accepted the NFF Technical director job and eventually the super Eagles.

If he can accept our support and praise, he should accept our constructive critics in the interest of the country and making enemies left and right is not the way to go, obviously some of us do not learn from the past! The interest of Nigeria comes first than that of Sunday Oliseh or Stephen Keshi !

How should it have been?

As we saw with Brazil at the Confed. Cup, continuity makes a team grow. Ever since we won the Nations cup in February our team line-up has been unpredictable and full of constant changes. In a year leading to the world cup that should not be the case.

True we had injuries to key players but they had people on the bench for them at the Afcon who should have taken over the baton and continue with the spirit of the AFCON and new players invited to understudy.

Nigeria is bigger than anyone and for the records sake in answer to Keshi’s erroneous declaration, I was 3 years as a pro in Belgium and a regular player in liege by 1993 when I got my first call up to the super Eagles and in those days our national league was ‘fire’, well organised, competitive, balanced and one of the best in Africa. That’s how Clemence Westerhoff and Bonfrere Jo succeeded!

It is unfortunate that Keshi sees enemies everywhere and maybe it is understandable but the interest of Nigeria’s progress is what we all should be seeking now and I believe making attacks like he is doing is not the right way to go about it, we are way too matured for that, at least I know I am!

Long Live Nigeria!

Feel free to follow us on Twitter @SundayOOliseh

https://twitter.com/SundayOOliseh
http://sundayoliseh.tv/what-stephen-keshi-needs-to-understandurgently/

111 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Akshow: 5:44pm On Jul 09, 2013
idokay. Keshi wetin be ur own counter reply? let the war begin. But Oliseh made a solid argument sha

5 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by lawmani: 5:51pm On Jul 09, 2013
MOD front page
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by collynzo2(m): 6:05pm On Jul 09, 2013
Oliseh is so bitter! When you read his comments you'd think we had some players dominating the UEFA champions league last season that Keshi left out. What's all this talk about home based players? Those who disappointed us at the confed cup were foreign based. Gambo made his debut in the last few minutes of a match we had already lost, you can't blame hom for anything.
Ideye
Ujah
Babatunde
Akpala
Musa (to an extent)
all disappointed and are foreign based.

45 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by overdrive(m): 6:05pm On Jul 09, 2013
Bulls eye from oliseh!
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Tolexander: 6:07pm On Jul 09, 2013
Wao!

He should have made his criticism straight like this at the onset.

Keshi also should be ready to accept a constructive criticism.

3 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by collynzo2(m): 6:21pm On Jul 09, 2013
By gradually trying to wage a war against these players who ply their trade week in week out at the highest level leagues in the world we are turning our back to our best and waging a war against ourselves, they are Nigerians too I must remind !
.WHO ARE THEY PLEASE?

They should not be cast away just because our technical crew lack the skills to manage them at the detriment of Nigeria.
.WHO SAYS KESHI CAN'T MANAGE THEM? He changed Mikel to a player who now wears our shirt with pride.

otherwise Sunday Mba, who I find quite solid & talented should have been bought immediately after the AFCON!
.Conveniently forgot that the transfer window was already closed before AFCON ended

Oliseh is just bitter.

16 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by modextus(m): 6:54pm On Jul 09, 2013
sad o boy i ₪ø̲̣̣ bother read the whole tory Oo...but oliseh get points for dr shAa..the guy dey educated.

Ah ١٥٧٤ dah! grin me likey..

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by spenca: 7:07pm On Jul 09, 2013
intelligent man with no facial paint, all from the heart, Nigerian don't just address the issue but see it as against their progress rather than a corrective measure

17 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by slimghost(m): 7:38pm On Jul 09, 2013
Truth. Keshi lacks the skill to manage the likes of Osaze and Lukman Haruna. For God's sake people like Ogu,Babatunde,Akpala and co have no business in the SE.

6 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by collynzo2(m): 7:57pm On Jul 09, 2013
slimghost: Truth. Keshi lacks the skill to manage the likes of Osaze and Lukman Haruna. For God's sake people like Ogu,Babatunde,Akpala and co have no business in the SE.
But he has the skill to manage MIKEL who is 10 times a bigger player than those you mentioned combined?

18 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by bingbagbo(m): 8:01pm On Jul 09, 2013
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 09, 2013
Oliseh has a point, keshi's tactics only work for african teams. His criteria for selecting players just surprises me. He has stopped calling up Uche kalu, ejike uzoenyi, papa idris, reuben gabriel ever since they got clubs in europe. Thats why he called up a free agent like michael babatunde to see if he can market him

13 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by ayusco: 9:02pm On Jul 09, 2013
Hmmm I have gone through both keshi n oliseh post being proud men full of ego so its no suprise they would clash that said I'm mostly with keshi on this.
Oliseh said during the 90s the league was on fire which is not true as the pitches, administration, level of play etc was just as poor if not worse than the current situation.
He also said keshi has not had a steady first xi since the AFCON again not true barring two or three players missing due to injury this has been the same set of players who played through the afcon, WC Qualifiers to the confed cup. And pray tell who r d major players that keshi did not take that would have improved our performance in Brazil? Is it calamity yobo or osaze n his twitter rants?
Then he said clubs not NT make players abeg who was onazi b4 the afcon dude wasn't even a first team player now he's an absolute beast of a player. Mikel that was lethargic at best now bossing midfield against world class opponents n more like that.
Plus the way all of them r shouting home based home based you wouldn't know he also called unknown players from abroad omeruo, ogu, onazi, dike etc
Lastly all this hue n cry about our confed performance is over the top cmon this is the confed we are talking about a glorified friendly tournament. I rather we make our mistakes learn from it then come smoking hot for the 2014 WC Cameroon got to the final of the confed cup some years back does anyone remember? Exactly my point Brazil tht has won the last three confeds failed at the last two WC which cup do u think Brazilian fans would have preferred? Keshi has his failings but he hhas never fielded a player just to massage his ego any player he picks he believes can do a job for the team this approach won us the afcon after years of drought with the same players some people r clamouring to come back. By the way no be oliseh lose ball wey 10 man Italy use score against us in usa 94? Its very easy to criticise to look good

45 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by spenca: 9:19pm On Jul 09, 2013
ayusco: Hmmm I have gone through both keshi n oliseh post being proud men full of ego so its no suprise they would clash that said I'm mostly with keshi on this.
Oliseh said during the 90s the league was on fire which is not true as the pitches, administration, level of play etc was just as poor if not worse than the current situation.
He also said keshi has not had a steady first xi since the AFCON again not true barring two or three players missing due to injury this has been the same set of players who played through the afcon, WC Qualifiers to the confed cup. And pray tell who r d major players that keshi did not take that would have improved our performance in Brazil? Is it calamity yobo or osaze n his twitter rants?
Then he said clubs not NT make players abeg who was onazi b4 the afcon dude wasn't even a first team player now he's an absolute beast of a player. Mikel that was lethargic at best now bossing midfield against world class opponents n more like that.
Plus the way all of them r shouting home based home based you wouldn't know he also called unknown players from abroad omeruo, ogu, onazi, dike etc
Lastly all this hue n cry about our confed performance is over the top cmon this is the confed we are talking about a glorified friendly tournament. I rather we make our mistakes learn from it then come smoking hot for the 2014 WC Cameroon got to the final of the confed cup some years back does anyone remember? Exactly my point Brazil tht has won the last three confeds failed at the last two WC which cup do u think Brazilian fans would have preferred? Keshi has his failings but he hhas never fielded a player just to massage his ego any player he picks he believes can do a job for the team this approach won us the afcon after years of drought with the same players some people r clamouring to come back. By the way no be oliseh lose ball wey 10 man Italy use score against us in usa 94? Its very easy to criticise to look good
am glad u accepted the fact that keshi has his failings but for the fact that onazi became a star at afcon am sorry I don't agree with you ,better still you should have said you knew him only after afcon also about Mikel he isn't an all time game changer because he did some specials at afcon doesn't mean he is all super now. bou the state of NPL as at the 90s was at that time superb in the sense of standard ,would you compare the EPL of the 90s to that of today?i guess ur answer is no because there as been a massive development to it but that cannot be said of the NPL its either it remained the same or has degraded self so for almost 13yrs there as not been a good development. common letz call a spade a spade

17 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by AK481(m): 10:38pm On Jul 09, 2013
slimghost: Truth. Keshi lacks the skill to manage the likes of Osaze and Lukman Haruna. For God's sake people like Ogu,Babatunde,Akpala and co have no business in the SE.

Bt they are all foreign based! Get it

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by lexyman(m): 11:07pm On Jul 09, 2013
Oliseh , u have done well for making ur point clear ! But this is not the best time for u to criticize Keshi"s work , I could remember vividly how we "ve been clamouring for new legs in the super eagles and the process is still on , and I know he will achieve that formidable team he has been working on. i used to like ur analyses on super super sports but this time u did"nt get it right...Leave Keshi alone let him do his work , he will surely get it right !

6 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by AbuMikey(m): 11:20pm On Jul 09, 2013
Its the Truth tho!
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Desdola(m): 11:24pm On Jul 09, 2013
Honestly the write up is superb. Keshi should drop his ego and listen to constructive criticism. In as much as Oliseh is not all knowing, his experience in d game is a known fact and ideas from him should be welcomed.

5 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by double08(m): 11:26pm On Jul 09, 2013
Nice one from Sunday Oliseh, it is always nice to hear him analyze football with those supersports anchormen with a very good command of english unlike Ikpeba that pronounce Shellsee (Chelsea) and Amokachi that always say ''that is a beaurifull (beautiful) goal by a beaurifull(beautiful) striker''

12 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by otaelo: 11:26pm On Jul 09, 2013
pls, how much is a kongo of gari?

3 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Yerimzo(m): 11:27pm On Jul 09, 2013
If he can accept our support and praise, he
should accept our constructive criticism in the
interest of the country............Simply put!

21 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by edoyad(m): 11:27pm On Jul 09, 2013
Sunday(kpomo lips) Oliseh, please be quiet already. Keshi has contributed more to Nigerian football than you could ever do even if you lived to be two hundred years old. I didn't like your personality much as a player and many Nigerians feel that way too.

4 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by OcT29(m): 11:28pm On Jul 09, 2013
Infact!!You are a Professional....!
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by sunch(m): 11:30pm On Jul 09, 2013
Oliseh issue with keshi is the continous silence in calling back odemwingie

4 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Moshkom(m): 11:31pm On Jul 09, 2013
Wat Oliseh jst said now s fact.. To me thr s no diff btw d Super Eagles nd d Tahitians #Tahiti because we both av only one foreign player in d tournament whic ours s MIKEL odas ar jst thr cos dey need to complete d team.

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Blackteeth(m): 11:31pm On Jul 09, 2013
Mtcheew. When Nigeria won AFCON there was nothing wrong with the team. Now we lost confed cup our eyes don clear. If we had won confed up with the home based players we would have said home based are the best. Nonesense.

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Yerimzo(m): 11:32pm On Jul 09, 2013
double08: Nice one from Sunday Oliseh, it is always nice to hear him analyze football with those supersports anchormen with a very good command of english unlike Ikpeba that pronounce Shellsee (Chelsea) and Amokachi that always say ''that is a beaurifull (beautiful) goal by a beaurifull(beautiful) striker''
grin
double08: Nice one from Sunday Oliseh, it is always nice to hear him analyze football with those supersports anchormen with a very good command of english unlike Ikpeba that pronounce Shellsee (Chelsea) and Amokachi that always say ''that is a beaurifull (beautiful) goal by a beaurifull(beautiful) striker''
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by nijanigga: 11:34pm On Jul 09, 2013
Keshi may have a point. Look at how home based players score goals like killing bats on mango trees. "Four clubs involved in two play-off matches that ended 79-0 and 67-0 respectively - a total of 146 goals."I thank God because Nigeria won't qualify for Brazil 2014.Since they have turned football scores to basketball scores..

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by AdoOloro(m): 11:35pm On Jul 09, 2013
.Conveniently forgot that the transfer window was already closed before AFCON ended

Oliseh is just bitter.[/quote]

Transfer window in europe or Africa? Are you a learner? L?

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by olu070706(m): 11:35pm On Jul 09, 2013
This was not all about Oliseh alone on Supersport, all the panel members said this, why did Keshi pick on Oliseh, maybe because he is a Nigerian. However, I agree with Oliseh that Keshi should welcome criticism, even the special one is criticised. All other teams in Confederation cup came with their best team but Nigeria went to test new players, this should not be. Keshi is still okay sha.

5 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by nijanigga: 11:39pm On Jul 09, 2013
Keshi may have a point. Look at how home based players score goals like killing bats on mango trees. "Four clubs involved in two play-off matches that ended 79-0 and 67-0 respectively - a total of 146 goals."I thank God because Nigeria won't qualify for Brazil 2014.Since they have turned football scores to basketball scores.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo, Okocha & President Vladimir Putin Pose With Football Legends / Messi In Bed With World Cup Trophy (Photos) / Ronaldo's Last-Gasp Goal Saves His Side

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.