Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,981 members, 7,825,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. (26555 Views)

5 Foods In Nigeria That You Should Avoid Eating As Much As Possible / HIV Is Just An Annoucement That AIDS Will Kill You, It Is Not Real. / Tips For Better Digestion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by druid06(m): 1:52pm On Jul 10, 2013
write2obi: Wildberry. undecided cherrycry african star apple Which one should I call it undecided . Meanwhile why should I eat fruit, when I have fruit salad grin

Or you meant " Why should I eat just one fruit when I can have it all in a fruit salad"?
Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by write2obi(m): 1:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
Lagusta:

then let's stick with agbalumo, at least we are African, and it's African.....
Gbam!! Na we get am and na we go give am name undecided , which kind african star apple cheesy
Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
Nice thread Op. This is what i really need.
Hate pawpaw and garden egg though

1 Like

Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by Cestmoi1(f): 1:59pm On Jul 10, 2013
i love apple,pawpaw and cherry.hate garden egg.will start taking more of them.gud job!

1 Like

Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by write2obi(m): 2:01pm On Jul 10, 2013
druid06:

Or you meant " Why should I eat just one fruit when I can have it all in a fruit salad"?

why should I eat just one fruit? what do u think? grin ,
Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by ikekings(m): 2:05pm On Jul 10, 2013
Anii what's up with your recent posts and topic? What happened to the nau*ghty anii? grin grin grin...

Anyway, to the topic I love sugar cane... Na “okpeke” we dey call am for my area... Sugar cane + water na how we dey take chop the tin.. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by Arenunltd(m): 2:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
C dem as dey lk sweet mouth, its abt ur health nt if u lk it or nt; any way sha fnx aninii
Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by aniiii(f): 2:10pm On Jul 10, 2013
titigold: tanks for dis jare instead of broocoli,apricot and oda obodo oyinbo mirin mirin! hop pple will cherish wat we av here!

Hahah ... that is one of the main reasons for this thread.

Fruits and vegetables are copious in Nigeria. I just narrowed it down to 10.
Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by aniiii(f): 2:25pm On Jul 10, 2013
ikekings: Anii what's up with your recent posts and topic? What happened to the nau*ghty anii? grin grin grin...

Anyway, to the topic I love sugar cane... Na “okpeke” we dey call am for my area... Sugar cane + water na how we dey take chop the tin.. grin grin grin

grin bro, the joke time is over now.

I have to add value to the forum.
Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by Burger01(m): 2:25pm On Jul 10, 2013
Garden Eggs always refuse to go down my throat! I wonder why..

angry
Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by Venchy: 2:32pm On Jul 10, 2013
Fantastico but we lack all this in the west....what a shame.

We will catch up with the missing one whenever we come to Nigeria. ...lol

1 Like

Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by ikekings(m): 2:45pm On Jul 10, 2013
aniiii:

grin bro, the joke time is over now.

I have to add value to the forum.
Add value to the forum ke? I know ur alternate jare... Who you wan deceive? wink wink wink
Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by Raypawer(m): 2:49pm On Jul 10, 2013
adaobi123: I hate pawpaw undecided
Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by NDprudent(m): 2:56pm On Jul 10, 2013
Agbalimo is called AFRICAN STAR APPLE
Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by segcymoor(m): 3:00pm On Jul 10, 2013
Good!
Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by ksusi: 3:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
I like sour sop.It very effective on contisipation

1 Like

Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by Youngzedd(m): 3:31pm On Jul 10, 2013
aniiii:

Sugarcane

Sugarcane's high potassium content helps aid digestion. It also helps to strengthen the stomach.

Sugarcane's helps the body in fighting against cancer, especially prostate and bosom cancer.

Sugarcane is ideal for people who are constantly exposed to heat because it hydrates the body quickly.

I fear this one.
Shame will not allow me to go near to the place they sell it, not to talk of buying one.

It's meant for kids not big niggas like us.

Imagine Seun stop on the way and call one mallam to buy a stick lol.

Nice info though.
Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by ifyfaith: 3:52pm On Jul 10, 2013
i think udara/agbalumo is called cherry
Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by chudidonas(m): 4:01pm On Jul 10, 2013
Lol.. All of una wey to choose fruit to like dey sleep on top bike o. As for me, I love and eat all of them; mango, orange, agbalumo, pineapple..just name them. wink

1 Like

Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by Ess: 4:04pm On Jul 10, 2013
What ever happened to Bananas?! They are extremely good for aiding digestion.
Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by aniiii(f): 4:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
Youngzedd:

I fear this one.
Shame will not allow me to go near to the place they sell it, not to talk of buying one.

It's meant for kids not big niggas like us.

Imagine Seun stop on the way and call one mallam to buy a stick lol.

Nice info though.

lol you don't mean it grin. what buying it in bulk then?

would that make you look sophisticated enough ? tongue
Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by aniiii(f): 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2013
Burger01: Garden Eggs always refuse to go down my throat! I wonder why..

angry

LOL, chew it properly then ..
Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by aniiii(f): 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2013
ifyfaith: i think udara/agbalumo is called cherry

Thanks, ill have to do research on the English name.
Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by Kingslaw(m): 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2013
Wow that is nice.

1 Like

Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by aniiii(f): 4:13pm On Jul 10, 2013
LCDD: Tnks Anii for ds post, am really missing those fruits. Am on a weightloss plan where am not permitted to take fruits for now until i reach my target weight and then gradually introduce dem again. But i make do with vegetables and animal protein. Tnks again 4 d post

You are very welcomed dear.

Goodluck!! with your weight loss journey.

1 Like

Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by aniiii(f): 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2013
ELVIKING: D beauty of dis post is dat all dis fruits can be found in Nig., not some yankee reports wey we no fit relate to as born n brought up in Nigeria pple. Tanx Anii

Thanks.
Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by adino(m): 4:28pm On Jul 10, 2013
aniiii: [img]http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg878/scaled.php?tn=0&server=878&filename=sqaju.jpg&xsize=480&ysize=480[/img]

grin I cannot remember the English name grin

Udara/Agbalumo is high in antioxidants that help the body cells and aid digestion.

It is highly nutritious.

SOURCES: Google Images
Health websites

Op

Star Apple or Golden Star Apple

In Edo we call it Otie'n but I used to call it cherry, just got the real name not too long sha.

1 Like

Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by Adechyno(m): 4:41pm On Jul 10, 2013
My Favourite Fruit: Water Melon....
Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by daphor11: 5:28pm On Jul 10, 2013
[quote author=druid06]Threads of this importance should be allowed to bask in the grace of the frontpage but it seems most Nigerians are not concious about health or any related topic.

Nice on by the way, keep them coming. My favorite fruit is Mango and it was no surprise to me when it made your list.

The English word for Udara/Agbalumo is Cherry. I might be wrong though.

Its called African Star Apple
Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by pri3stess(f): 5:44pm On Jul 10, 2013
adaobi123: I hate pawpaw undecided
OMG! What is wrong with you?
Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by bolant2002(m): 6:14pm On Jul 10, 2013
Udara/Agbalumo is called Star Apple in English and not Cherry.
Re: Fruits/Vegetables In Nigeria That Aids Digestion. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 10, 2013
pri3stess:
OMG! What is wrong with you?

Lol. Its not nice. embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles / Home Remedies For Sore Throat / Health Benefits Of Ginger And Garlic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.