Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,373 members, 7,864,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:17 AM

Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) (18963 Views)

Finance Minister Kemi Adeosun Justifies Nigeria’s Proposed Borrowing In A Video / NIGERIA: Proposed New Political Reform / The Bricklayer’s Breakdown Of Nigeria’s Proposed 2015 Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by Policewoman(f): 10:46am On Jul 10, 2013
Highly utopian if you will ask me. Channel funds to boosting our power supply first.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 10, 2013
WHAT A JOKE
WHEN PLANES R STILL FALLING OUTTA THE SKY
Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by Demdem(m): 10:53am On Jul 10, 2013
What about the floating cities the retardeen promised us here in the ND years ago. I feel that should be fulfilled first.
Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by GrownMan(m): 10:54am On Jul 10, 2013
YOU ARE TOO RIGHT

bloggernaija: Oh my ,oh my.
These guys have so much money but have no clue of what to do with it.next thing, IWEALA will say she can't sleep.
I am tired of hearing about hotels,airport,hotels,airport,shopping mall,airport,hotels...............................................................................................hotels,airports
What about.
Power stations
Steel mills
Aluminium smelting
Coal,tin,gold mines
Car assembly plants
Mega plantations
Fertiliser factories
Machine tools complexes
Petrochemical complexes
Grain silos
Irrigation channels,canals
Water works
Aqueducts etc

Lazy thinking and Incompetent professionals,
Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by EFX001: 10:58am On Jul 10, 2013
These guys have so much money but have no clue of what to do with it.next thing, IWEALA will say she can't sleep.
I am tired of hearing about hotels,airport,hotels,airport,shopping mall,airport,hotels...............................................................................................hotels,airports
What about.
Power stations
Steel mills
Aluminium smelting
Coal,tin,gold mines
Car assembly plants
Mega plantations
Fertiliser factories
Machine tools complexes
Petrochemical complexes
Grain silos
Water works
Aqueducts etc

OLODO! LIKE SAY YOU BE ONE OF THOSE WE USE 2 PERCENT ENTER SCHOOL. NA WAH!
Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by Horus(m): 11:00am On Jul 10, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhXH6hoeaYc

Aerotropolis - 3D Concept Video
Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by hoodboy(m): 11:01am On Jul 10, 2013
Can't imagine living in that place, the noise from the aircraft will be a huge turnoff
Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 10, 2013
Nigeria cannot boast of a national carrier and they are talking of airport city? another failed project by a clueless government. mtscheeew!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by calcal: 11:09am On Jul 10, 2013
What about.
Power stations
Steel mills
Aluminium smelting
Coal,tin,gold mines
Car assembly plants
Mega plantations
Fertiliser factories
Machine tools complexes
Petrochemical complexes
Grain silos
Water works
Aqueducts etc

guyman, the above need professionals thinking and know how.
Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 10, 2013
CFCfan: ^^
The aerotropolis will have those things in place.
u be mumu for saying or posting this in affirmation to D test above u if it is u are reffering to. TWERP
Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 10, 2013
CFCfan: ^^
The aerotropolis will have those things in place.
u be mumu for saying or posting this in affirmation to D test above u if it is u are reffering to. TWERP. U want to still hid the obvious fact that nigerians are nt serious. Only one of wht he mentioned like steel or Gold( which Ghana formely depended on) is enough to accrue huge revenue.
Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 10, 2013
you are intelligent
nwabobo: Those structures were built in the days of the real oil boom when Nigeria's problem according to Gowon was not money but what to do with money.

Meanwhile, the post you quoted says best in the 4th republic ie since 1999.
Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by vislabraye(m): 11:14am On Jul 10, 2013
What about.
Power stations
Steel mills
Aluminium smelting
Coal,tin,gold mines
Car assembly plants
Mega plantations
Fertiliser factories
Machine tools complexes
Petrochemical complexes
Grain silos
Water works
Aqueducts etc

VerY smart response. 1000likes.
Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by Decryptor(m): 11:14am On Jul 10, 2013
CFCfan:
She's arguably unarguably the best ever Aviation/Transport minister in the 4th Republic, so far.
Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 10, 2013
nwabobo: Why respond to that ode.

To him, the ministry of aviation should stop doing its work and take over the work of the ministries of power, labour, petroleum etc.

To him, the aviation projects won't create employment since ghosts will be the ones to carry out the construction works and also staff the airports on completion.

Bro, remember, the Ministry of Aviation is not self-sustaining. It is PART of the government...and the project will be funded, at least in part, from the national BUDGET. Money that can be used OTHER more important things.

Bloggernaija is talking bigger picture things here.
Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by chuckdee4(m): 11:17am On Jul 10, 2013
Why do we always try to fly before learning how to walk.
The basics are not in place yet they are trying to embark on high tech projects, same way they tried to launch a rocket into space.
They can't even fully power the basic airports around the country.

Sort the power situation first then drive other projects off that

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by presseyd(m): 11:17am On Jul 10, 2013
I jst dey waka pass sha
Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by magikalz(m): 11:22am On Jul 10, 2013
A country full of misplaced priorities. Na today them wake up abi,,,,,let them settle the Power issue first before attempting any white-elephant projects. Fools*spits and walks away,,, angryA country full of misplaced priorities. Na today them wake up abi,,,,,let them settle the Power issue first before attempting any white-elephant projects. Fools*spits and walks away,,,
Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by debowalescot(m): 11:23am On Jul 10, 2013
naso too much money
Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by surveycash2: 11:25am On Jul 10, 2013
What about.
Power stations
Steel mills
Aluminium smelting
Coal,tin,gold mines
Car assembly plants
Mega plantations
Fertiliser factories
Machine tools complexes
Petrochemical complexes
Grain silos
Water works
Aqueducts etc

Refineries
Hospitals
Water boards
Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 10, 2013
EFX001:

OLODO! LIKE SAY YOU BE ONE OF THOSE WE USE 2 PERCENT ENTER SCHOOL. NA WAH!
hah! D problem of nigeria big o, it is nt only corruption but D poor masses have corrupt brain. It whn wht D guy just listed are done then there will be uncontrollable air traffic and desire 4 this airtropolis. Can u put earotropolis in ur village? Nigeria is still a village. All white men here are either 4 oil exploration or bridge construction. Which other business will travel when there are no business destination in nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 10, 2013
What about.
Power stations
Steel mills
Aluminium smelting
Coal,tin,gold mines
Car assembly plants
Mega plantations
Fertiliser factories
Machine tools complexes
Petrochemical complexes
Grain silos
Water works
Aqueducts etc

You are really a wonderful industrialist and great thinker. All these recycling of service- Peter opens a cosmetic store while Grace opens a Provisions store. Peter sells his cosmetics to Grace and goes back to Grace to buy provisions, and our economy keep running back and forth like a pendulum clock.

We need to increase our export...not just crude oil export. If we can develop on still production, large scale agriculture and other things that we can be exporting to other West African countries and the rest of the world, then our economy can have a swift turnaround with unbelievable cut down in unemployment rate.

A steel production plant alone will employ nothing less than 5,000 engineers, for instance the Ajaokuta steel plant. The furnace section alone will absorb lots of unemployed engineering graduates we have today in Nigeria and the interesting part of it is that it would also boost our exportation power and technology development tendency.

Too bad we can't just get things right...though I still believe and endorse Jonathansmiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by blackpanda: 11:35am On Jul 10, 2013
Corruption will not allow it to see the light of day!
For as long as we continue to pay lip-service to the fight against corruption, we're all just wasting our time. This country is sitting on time bomb that is ready to go off any time.
Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by PBundles(m): 11:37am On Jul 10, 2013
There once was a poor man who prayed that he would be blessed with fortune so he could enjoy the finer things in life. One day his prayers were heard and he was indeed blessed, more than he could imagine. He used the money to buy all wordly things for him and his family. One day though, this man died along with his whole family. When people enquired what had happeenned, the doctor said...........he died of hunger.....he was busy buying his hearts desire that he forgot to eat and feed his family. His name was Nigeria.

Is this not the same country where the common man cant dream of three square meals and where our children got to school and sit on the floor in classrooms with no light and windows. We have been so blessed that in our incompentency and greed, we acheive little. Instead of building this ( we already have an airport in Abuja), shouldnt we be investing in SMC (small and medium sized) industries ensuring that the strong minds we have create things are industrious and also employ. The engine of a good economy is SMC...then yes Ms Iweala your nights will afford your the time to sleep soundly. Are we so smart or are the leaders so stupid? You may answer that yourself.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by bory09(m): 11:39am On Jul 10, 2013
chuckdee4: Why do we always try to fly before learning how to walk.
The basics are not in place yet they are trying to embark on high tech projects, same way they tried to launch a rocket into space.
They can't even fully power the basic airports around the country.

Sort the power situation first then drive other projects off that
sey na yanch dem go use the power power abi. Why can't you people understand that a head working well without the effectiveness of a common finger may cause a problem. Nigeria need not to invest all on power and neglect other sector, is just like getting power with all means and not having what to do with the power. Its useless then
Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by taharqa2: 11:40am On Jul 10, 2013
Policewoman: Highly utopian if you will ask me. Channel funds to boosting our power supply first.
The Govt is not spending 1 kobo on this. They wud only set out d Environment. Private Investors, like yaself, wud do d money investing..
Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 10, 2013
The funny part of it is that people are here and there criticising Goodluck Jonathan's government as if there is going to be a miracle president that would come with a magic wand to turnaround things in Nigeriagrin

See, the earlier we all realise that THE SEED OF CORRUPTION AND SELFISHNESS HAS BEEN PLANTED IN NIGERIA, AND WILL TAKE GENERATIONS TO CLEANS, the better for all of us.

Vote any living Nigerian (male or female) today as president, governor, etc...it will still be the same. We all have elements of corruption and selfishness in us, yes, we all! And it is also WE that will become presidents and governors sooner someday.

It is also WE that are heads of companies, organizations, institutions, bodies, etc and perpetrating all manners of corruption, believing they are minor, hoping to become saints when we become political leaders tomorrow, how

How many Nigerians living today can sacrifice his life, his family, his religion, his tribe, his happiness to please another Nigerian he doesn't know I am sure, NONE! So why are we all expecting a miracle government to come and wipe away our jointly-inflicted agony

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by miz4oxley(m): 11:46am On Jul 10, 2013
What about.
Power stations
Steel mills
Aluminium smelting
Coal,tin,gold mines
Car assembly plants
Mega plantations
Fertiliser factories
Machine tools complexes
Petrochemical complexes
Grain silos
Water works
Aqueducts etc

Your comment says it all! Bro
Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:49am On Jul 10, 2013
omg!!! what is that foul smell.. sounds like a lot of ars.elickers here grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria's Proposed Aerotropolis (Airport City) by AZeD1(m): 11:52am On Jul 10, 2013
As usual putting the cart before the horse.
How many people transit through Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants / FG Borrowed To Pay Salaries, Says Oshiomhole / Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.