Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State (17232 Views)

Car Crushes A Man To Death In GRA Road, Sagamu (viewers Discretion Adviced) / Where Can The Earliest Marriage Registry In Enugu Can Be Found / Where Is The Marriage Registry In Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by roccio(m): 9:12am On Jul 10, 2013
According to National Mirror, tragedy struck in Benin, Edo State at the weekend when a car crushed the father of a groom, identified as Mr. Edward Airhiavbere, during a wedding.

The wedding, which attracted the cream of the social circles in the state capital, ended abruptly before the couple could say, “Yes, I do”.

Many of the confused family members and guests either shook their heads in amazement as they returned home or simply stood rooted to the spot.

The incident occurred about 9.30am on Saturday [Jul. 6] in front of the Registry of the Oredo Local Government Area, located just about 100 metres from the sprawling palace of the Oba of Benin.

The groom, bride and others in the bridal train wept profusely as the victim reportedly died on the spot before he could be rushed to the nearby Central Hospital’s emergency ward for treatment.

Witnesses said the groom’s father died when an attempt to re-park an Isuzu V8 Sport Utility Vehicle, SUV, with registration number Lagos SR 21 KJA in front of the registry gone awry.

A young man, who attempted to re-park the car lost control of the vehicle and crushed the septuagenarian Airhiavbere, who sat behind a Toyota Camry car with registration number Edo BD 958 USL.

The victim was said to have died on the spot despite spirited attempts to save his life. The unidentified young man trying to re-park the car exploited the ensuing confusion to escape mob action.

http://www.tundeola.com/2013/07/car-crushes-grooms-father-to-death-in.html
http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/car-crushes-grooms-father-in-front-of-registry/

Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by Akshow: 9:27am On Jul 10, 2013
Blood of Jesus. this is so saaaaaad cry cry cry. may God comfort this family o. may our day of joy not turn into a day of mourning for us in Jesus name. can i hear a loud ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnn!

35 Likes

Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by effisyman: 9:46am On Jul 10, 2013
Lord of Mercy.

1 Like

Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by Cestmoi1(f): 9:47am On Jul 10, 2013
may he rip.so sad....
Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by arabanibaba: 9:48am On Jul 10, 2013
GOD have mercy
Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by momodub: 9:48am On Jul 10, 2013
Jesus
Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by Policewoman(f): 9:49am On Jul 10, 2013
The DEVIL is a liar!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by Igosun: 9:49am On Jul 10, 2013
Kai that is sad may his soul rest in peace.
Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 10, 2013
Too bad,may his soul rest in peace
Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by CsmuneEy(m): 9:50am On Jul 10, 2013
such a shame.. sad
Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by BashMe1(m): 9:51am On Jul 10, 2013
[size=20pt]This State ehn, Medi too much. RIP to the dead[/size]
Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by surveycash2: 9:51am On Jul 10, 2013
What a tragic incident shocked. So so bad memory that will not be forgotten in a hurry by the newly weds as long as they are together.

@pix..It seem out of place or is it only me..

2 Likes

Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by fitzmayowa: 9:53am On Jul 10, 2013
Good lord

1 Like

Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 10, 2013
Awon Iya mi Oshoronga!!! cheesy

Na witches things!!!

Some people would come here to blast me about my Arcade or Stale talks and thinking,

Yet once dey av a little bad dream dem go dey fear, come dey form badt guys for here undecided

Then where dem get that pix, dem don dey do like FB wey dem go find person normal pix kan form story under am!!!

The day we nemesis go catch up on una

4 Likes

Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by TrustZee(m): 9:54am On Jul 10, 2013
I saw this on tv last saturday...it was painfulll...the bride & groom was sighted sheding tears beyond control...i felt for them!

@op dat pix is misleading...dat waznt d pic,,whereas there is no grass nor fire outburst @ d Oredo Local Govt location..i saw it!

2 Likes

Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by GboyegaD(m): 9:55am On Jul 10, 2013
May his soul find rest with God.
Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by godfreykingsley: 9:56am On Jul 10, 2013
That was a price that had to be paid. May God have mercy on d soul.
Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by joeace2020(m): 9:57am On Jul 10, 2013
A possible sign dat if dey go on with this marriage the mother may join..... Pls dnt insult me for using my constitutional rights to freedom of speech... Am jst superstitious. Chai dats my state making news 4 d wrong reasons this past few days

3 Likes

Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by ohaleoghene(f): 9:58am On Jul 10, 2013
Sad . May God not let the days of our happiness turn to mourn.
Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by Skipfr(m): 10:00am On Jul 10, 2013
Was there at d scene wen it happened. We were told he is d bride's father. Devil ge t power sha bt Baba God pas am. May his soul RIP.
Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by lexrichy(m): 10:01am On Jul 10, 2013
Hope the ride wasn't scratched.
Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by desosa(m): 10:01am On Jul 10, 2013
That pic is fake*.....dats nt d registry
Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 10, 2013
godfreykingsley: That was a price that had to be paid. May God have mercy on d soul.
You sound retarded, would have asked if you are But you are gonna prove me right by saying Nope!!!

So AMA just leave you to the grace of God for healing
Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by alienware(m): 10:01am On Jul 10, 2013
I don't believe this story, when you follow the links below that article you will discover that people are standing comfortably beside that burning vehicle despite the heat emanating from it, why are they not trying to help those lying on the ground ? Is it in front of the registry as claimed by the article ? People don't stand that way when there's need to either help or move away, the impression on their faces doesn't blend too.
Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by nicflame(m): 10:03am On Jul 10, 2013
Yepa!... this na bad omen for the marriage o
Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by drsolob(m): 10:04am On Jul 10, 2013
Dat is old news na it happned around last week saturday.and op where did u see dat pix from cos dat is nt oredo L.G.A ohh.
Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by yuzedo: 10:04am On Jul 10, 2013
Soooooooooo, did they still ate d patty rice and malt or did the fooood waist?? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by nicflame(m): 10:05am On Jul 10, 2013
Well, i see PhotoShop in play undecided
Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by protocol(m): 10:06am On Jul 10, 2013
what a happy sad day for them. endure!endure!!
Re: Car Crushes Groom's Father To Death In Front Of Registry In Edo State by Sijo01(f): 10:07am On Jul 10, 2013
Osalobua!!! shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? / Latest Paying Ponzi Scheme / Seun Can We Have Cbox On Nairaland Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.