Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:07 AM

China Visit: CCECC Pledges 4 Airports In 20 Months - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / China Visit: CCECC Pledges 4 Airports In 20 Months (1190 Views)

Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency / N2.6trn Govt Deposits In 20,000 Bank Accounts To Be Closed This Week / Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Visit: CCECC Pledges 4 Airports In 20 Months by Capnd143(m): 10:08am On Jul 10, 2013
Punch nigeria
7th july 2013
beijing, china
contrary to speculation in some quarters that the president's visit to china is a frivalous trip, indication have emerged that it may yield good fruits
The China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation is pledged to deliver the four international airport terminals it will be constructing in Nigeria in 20 months' time.
The airport terminals will be located in Lagos, Abuja, Kano and Port Harcourt.
This is coming as the ministersof Transport and Works, Senator Idris Umar and Mr. Mike Onolememen, have called on the construction company toinvest in Nigeria considering the enormous projects being handled by it in the country.
The President, CCECC, Mr. Yuan Li, disclosed the firm's resolve to complete the airportterminals in record time when ahigh-powered delegation of Nigerian government officials paid him a courtesy/facility inspection visit at the corporate headquarters of thecompany in Beijing on Tuesday.
Li, according to a statement signed by the Special Adviser (Media) to the Minister of Aviation, Mr. Joe Obi, said the quality of the work to be done at the airports would be of thehighest international standard comparable to similar projects executed by the company in other parts of the world.
He said the construction of theairport terminals was a specialproject by the company, adding that it would endeavourto complete the task in record time.
In her remarks, the Minister ofAviation, Ms. Stella Oduah, said she was eagerly looking forward to the signing of the agreement between both countries with respect to enhancing infrastructure development in Nigeria.
She expressed optimism that the construction giant would complete the projects in the next 18 to 20 months.
Oduah said she had no doubt on either the quality of job to be delivered by CCECC or the completion timeline since due diligence was conducted before the Federal Government finally settled for the company.
Re: China Visit: CCECC Pledges 4 Airports In 20 Months by taharqa2: 10:59am On Jul 10, 2013
Re: China Visit: CCECC Pledges 4 Airports In 20 Months by taharqa2: 11:00am On Jul 10, 2013
Great....let it be so
Re: China Visit: CCECC Pledges 4 Airports In 20 Months by billante(m): 11:55am On Jul 10, 2013
Why do they keep omitting enugu international terminal whenever they report about the new proposed terminals....or is it not the same chinese company that is building enugu terminal that is going to build the rest, i noticed the enugu terminal construction was flagged off before the rest,

I hope there wont be any mago mago later, whereby enugu own is abandoned with the excuse of lack of funds since it seems FG is solely financing enugu new terminal not with the chinese loan others will be used to be built.

1 Like

Re: China Visit: CCECC Pledges 4 Airports In 20 Months by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 10, 2013
I hope say the airport go last sha lipsrsealed
Re: China Visit: CCECC Pledges 4 Airports In 20 Months by Tolexander: 12:23pm On Jul 10, 2013
Nigeria in 20 months' time.
The airport terminals will be
located in Lagos, Abuja, Kano
and Port Harcourt
this is unfair at all, we don't want.
There should be equality.

Imagine these people(chinese) not including any of the eastern part, both southeast and north east and they called themselves Orient!
Re: China Visit: CCECC Pledges 4 Airports In 20 Months by PapaBrowne(m): 12:38pm On Jul 10, 2013
Excellente.

I trust the top quality Chinese companies more than I trust all those western guys.

If you've been to China to see the projects these Chinese companies have executed, you'll be amazed.

The new Beijing Airport, The Beijing Shanghai high speed rail network, The Three Gorges dam and a host of others.

The common denominator amongst most of the projects is record completion time and top notch quality.
Re: China Visit: CCECC Pledges 4 Airports In 20 Months by awodman: 3:10pm On Jul 10, 2013
billante: Why do they keep omitting enugu international terminal whenever they report about the new proposed terminals....or is it not the same chinese company that is building enugu terminal that is going to build the rest, i noticed the enugu terminal construction was flagged off before the rest,

I hope there wont be any mago mago later, whereby enugu own is abandoned with the excuse of lack of funds since it seems FG is solely financing enugu new terminal not with the chinese loan others will be used to be built.
I think Enugu international terminal is been funded from the Normal budget for the aviation ministry...
Re: China Visit: CCECC Pledges 4 Airports In 20 Months by otokx(m): 4:33pm On Jul 10, 2013
The 20 months is reasonable though i wished it could have come a bit earlier.

(1) (Reply)

This Is Lagos, Africa's Big Apple / Checkout This Comparison Between Barack Obama And Stella Oduah / Updated Anambra Election Results: See Breakdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.