Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,386 members, 7,819,394 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months (4638 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan : I Am Under Pressure To Contest For Presidency In 2019 / Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Too Expensive To Run – Adamawa Government / No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by teeebugs: 11:02am On Jan 06, 2015
Ahead of the February 14 presidential election, President Goodluck Jonathan has started giving account of his stewardship, saying in 20 months of his assumption of office, he built nine universities and 20 Almajiri schools across the country.

The president, who spoke yesterday through his special assistant on new media, Reno Omokri, outlined his achievements via the social media platform, twitter, with a question hashtag #canyourcandidatesaysame?

Apparently responding to the barrage of criticisms on the performance of his administration by the opposition All Progressives Congress (APC), Jonathan said he has prioritised education and led an open government, adding that no critic, journalist or newspaper has been jailed or banned for their criticisms.

Omokri who tweeted via his twitter handle @renoomokri, revealed that Jonathan was committed to the ethos of democracy, stressing that Jonathan has never privately or publicly called for violence because of desperation for power.

He stated in his tweet, “In Jonathan’s first 20 months in office, he built nine universities and 50 Almajiri schools. Under Jonathan, education always had either the highest or second highest budgetary allocation.”

Read Full Story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/01/jonathan-built-9-universities-50-almajiri-schools-20-months/

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by jamace(m): 6:02am On Jan 07, 2015
One of the reasons Obj is not happy. Obj only built a private university for himself.

Jonathan broke rule 1 of "The 48 Laws of Power" - Never outdo/outshine the master. grin grin

Why Obj no go vex?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by FastShipping: 6:08am On Jan 07, 2015
Of course GEJ built NINE glorified secondary schools called "universities".

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by oluwafemi113(m): 6:27am On Jan 07, 2015
Story For The gods

1 Like

Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by Pavore9: 7:00am On Jan 07, 2015
One thing is to say it, another is for Nigerians feeling it
Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by bondingman: 7:02am On Jan 07, 2015
Well done my president.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by LRNZH(m): 7:07am On Jan 07, 2015
Are those universities accredited in their major courses yet?

Junk schools. Please forget this guy.
Refurbished trains and almajiri schools are his achievements after 6 years when we have No Power, No Security, No Refineries, No Economic Stability, No Transparency with heavy oil Bunkering.

Abeg abeg abeg.

GMB 2015. Anticorruption is in our DNA.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by Alphaoscar: 7:10am On Jan 07, 2015
Most of these universities are still operating from their temporary sites.
Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by rozayx5(m): 7:12am On Jan 07, 2015
LRNZH:
Are those university accredited in their major courses yet?

Junk schools. Please forget this guy.
Refurbished trains and almajiri schools are his achievements after 6 years when we have No Power, No Security, No Refineries, No Economic Stability, No Transparency with heavy oil Bunkering.

Abeg abeg abeg.

GMB 2015. Anticorruption is in our DNA.

show me the one buhari built in 20 month. just one classbroom.block

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by Microtee(m): 7:23am On Jan 07, 2015
Gej till satan repents.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by personal59: 7:24am On Jan 07, 2015
Funny

9 university without structure, without accredited courses that will never increase the university intake to 700,000 out of over 2million expected to write jamb nd u are here campaigning with dat none of our university is No 1-5 in Africa hun hun but all I knw ni

Did you know that in 1983, Chief Obafemi Awolowo contested at the age of 74 while Chief Nnamdi Azikiwe contested in 1979 at 75? Did you know that Ronald Reagan became US president at the age of 70 and served two terms of four years each? Just last December, Tunisia sworn in Beji Caid Essebsi as their President. Did you know how old is he? President Essebsi is 88 years old. The election that brought him in as president was the first free and fair presidential election since the country (Tunisia ) gained independence in 1956. If a 72 years old grand "Pa" (as the haters called him) can give me constant electricity, guarantee maximum security (stop the killings up North), put food on my table and stop corruption that a 57 years old young man who is suffering from an inferiority complex can not give then I will be a very big fool to refuse such CHANGE. So those making noise about BUHARI's age should shut the hell up and give in for a great change. I'M SO PROUD TO BE AN ELEMENT OF CHANGE what about you? GMB2015‬........KickOutGEJ2015‬

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by babadee1(m): 7:32am On Jan 07, 2015
Building more universities only leads to more unemployed graduates. It makes more sense to build vocational training institutes where people can learn a trade and become entrepreneurs. Fix the economy first, create more demand for skilled workers then more universities will make sense, for now it's just window dressing. Band aid approach.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by LRNZH(m): 7:40am On Jan 07, 2015
rozayx5:

show me the one buhari built in 20 month. just one classbroom.block

You people are the most embarrassing campaigners I have met.

Ask yourself. For the 20 months GMB was Head of State, what were the pertinent issues in Nigeria and did he surmount them?

Again, for the 60 months GEJ has been President, what are Nigeria's real issues and how has he performed in those issues?

I have just thought you the basics of comparative analysis but I won't do the research for you. Either go through my threads littered all over Nairaland or make use of Google.

I am sure you are using a generator to type up these garbage of yours.

Don't come here and be hailing refurbished trains and almajiri schools when you lack the concept of priorities.

No Power, Insecurity, Corruption, Oil Bunkering, Economic Instability after 6 years.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by celeron40(m): 7:49am On Jan 07, 2015
My Presido! You are really smart o!...when the Universities on ground were crying for improved funding, your solution was to build more universities..ASUU even went on strike over this same issue.."Build more"..that was your solution..how intelligent.

Sai Buhari.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by Caseless: 7:56am On Jan 07, 2015
Give us the adress of those almajiri schools.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by jrupa(m): 8:07am On Jan 07, 2015
Una dun dEY find venuE to bomB abi
Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by gratiaeo(m): 8:09am On Jan 07, 2015
LRNZH:

Ask yourself. For the 20 months GMB was Head of State, what were the pertinent issues in Nigeria and did he surmount them?

Again, for the 60 months GEJ has been President, what are Nigeria's real issues and how has he performed in those issues?

I have just thought you the basics of comparative analysis but I won't do the research for you. Either go through my threads littered all over Nairaland or make use of Google.

Don't come here and be hailing refurbished trains and almajiri schools when you lack the concept of priorities.

No Power, Insecurity, Corruption, Oil Bunkering, Economic Instability after 6 years.

What and what were the pertinent issues in Nigeria during Buhari time and how did he surmount them? Plss tell us

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by gratiaeo(m): 8:10am On Jan 07, 2015
Caseless:
Give us the adress of those almajiri schools.
U want go there find Buhari certificate?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by kokoA(m): 8:12am On Jan 07, 2015
Nine universities on the pages of newspapers.. Mcheewww.. The Reno guy should have uploaded the current pictures of the so called "nine universities" let's see.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by taharqa: 8:17am On Jan 07, 2015
celeron40:
My Presido! You are really smart o!...when the Universities on ground were crying for improved funding, your solution was to build more universities..ASUU even went on strike over this same issue.."Build more"..that was your solution..how intelligent.

Sai Buhari.

President Jonathan DOUBLED the allocations to the Educational sector from about #200bn to over #400bn yearly...

Except you have not seen the 4 walls of Universities in recent years, you would have noticed the increased activities in terms of infrastructural projects in Universities across the country thru such funds as TETFund, PTDF, NDDC, etc. UNI+BEN been a very good example.

Welldone, Mr President. We dey your back gan

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by jmaine: 8:21am On Jan 07, 2015
kokoA:
Nine universities on the pages of newspapers.. Mcheewww.. The Reno guy should have uploaded the current pictures of the so called "nine universities" let's see.

So the Federal University at Oye Ekiti is on paper too ? Una no dey tire for all this lies . . . .?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by oziegbe2015: 8:23am On Jan 07, 2015
Gmb2015! Even orisesaJET4, asari, david mark all have private universities from the little loot they made. Now with the main loot and trillion of dollars, fg built 9 glorified secondary schls. And u call that achievement because u dont knw how much nigeria fg controls, is as much as they can use it to make every single nigeria comfortable. as confimed by usa. 50 blocks of amalgiri sch in the whole north, almajiri sch is not up to the maitama secondary schls which gej CABAL friends spend a little of our wealth to build. The problem with pdp and gej is misplaced priorities, the primary thing is that pdp for 16yrs has made the north to depend on the oil of the south, not because the north isnt industrius and blessed with natural resources in agriculture. The pdp and gej govt was supposed to diversify our economy and make agric a mainstream again. If the north are given the policies to enable them become an agric exporting region to the world. It would open up that northern economy for industries and foreign investors to operate. Their land would be developed and all these gej peanuts would be nothing to them
Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by LRNZH(m): 8:24am On Jan 07, 2015
gratiaeo:

What and what were the pertinent issues in Nigeria during Buhari time and how did he surmount them? Plss tell us

As usual, TANoids need us to help them with research.

Under GMB these are the issues.
Corruption and Gov't Funds Mismanagement
Hyper inflation
Massive govt borrowing
General Indiscipline and Maitatsine
Porous Borders and smuggling

GMB's Gov't tackled all these to the ground in 20 months

Read more here http://www.gamji.com/article6000/NEWS7202.htm

Whatever your retort, kindly list the top 5 issues of Nigeria under GEJ for 60 months at the bottom of your response and if they have been solved.
I have hinted at them in my earlier posts.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by huptin(m): 8:24am On Jan 07, 2015
Mediocrity of the highest order, so you met $67Billion Dollars in the reserve with oil selling above $100 per barrel for about 6 years and the only thing you could cite as achievement is 9 universities ( by the way how many of the existing ones are up to world class standards? and werent the students of those universities at home for 6 months last year?) and 50 almajiri schools.

Thats gross just gross.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by clevvermind(m): 8:30am On Jan 07, 2015
you should post the full story next time.
Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by Adepoju2081: 8:40am On Jan 07, 2015
Even Jonathan can not stop this wind of change come next month

Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by luvinhubby(m): 8:43am On Jan 07, 2015
Four (4) millitary generals, both serving & retired, spent thirty(30) yrs to wreck every sector of this nation called Nigeria & Goodluck Jonathan is working tirelessly to give them a new foundation & some d.olts are hell bent on returning one of the same generals that wrecked this country back to power. angry
God forbid.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by rozayx5(m): 8:50am On Jan 07, 2015
LRNZH:

make we hear word, how progressive was Nigeria when buhari left it
naira rate , unemployment e.t.c
the progressive projects were all cancelled.
by the way i should not be discussing with someone who cannot differentiate a train from a Tram.
seems your best at chasing cattle, i advice you go back to it
Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by jrupa(m): 8:51am On Jan 07, 2015
D moSt impotant tin ritE nw bE saY,thE SchooLs arE workiNG. So for aL of una wen dEY taLk trash saY na For papEr d ScuLs for dEY funCtioN(sai Buhari suppOrtErs cLub) una fit bUY Jamb form for Buhari nw sO dat E fit tk d nExt 4yrS wen Sir GoodLuck gO tk LEad us Enta d promisE Land go scuL,gEt bEta Cert o. Buh pLs b infrmd dat Xam maL-practicEs rE nOt aLLowd mst XpEciaLLy @FuOtuokE.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by LRNZH(m): 9:00am On Jan 07, 2015
rozayx5:

make we hear word, how progressive was Nigeria when buhari left it
naira rate , unemployment e.t.c
the progressive projects were all cancelled.
by the way i should not be discussing with someone who cannot differentiate a train from a Tram.
seems your best at chasing cattle, i advice you go back to it
I recognise your moniker.
Are you not the creator of this dumber than dumb thread?
https://www.nairaland.com/2079867/buhari-chartered-planes
Please read this thread to the end before you comment and expose your anal an.al gutted brain
Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by rozayx5(m): 9:03am On Jan 07, 2015
LRNZH:

I recognise your moniker.
Are not the creator of this dumber than dumb thread?
https://www.nairaland.com/2079867/buhari-chartered-planes
Please read this thread to the end before you comment and expose your anal an.al gutted brain

technology illiterate like you , train you dont, tram you dont know, go back to primary one, i dont have time for your type, your brothers have been served on the Buhari MSc thread and they are begging the mods to close it grin
Re: Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months by matthew41(m): 11:26am On Jan 07, 2015
jrupa:
D moSt impotant tin ritE nw bE saY,thE SchooLs arE workiNG. So for aL of una wen dEY taLk trash saY na For papEr d ScuLs for dEY funCtioN(sai Buhari suppOrtErs cLub) una fit bUY Jamb form for Buhari nw sO dat E fit tk d nExt 4yrS wen Sir GoodLuck gO tk LEad us Enta d promisE Land go scuL,gEt bEta Cert o. Buh pLs b infrmd dat Xam maL-practicEs rE nOt aLLowd mst XpEciaLLy @FuOtuokE.
Mr I think u attend one of those gloried secondary schools, no wonder you find it very difficult to compose simple sentences to make your contribution meaningful...

(1) (2) (Reply)

2017 Budget: FG Targets N565bn From Recovered Loot, MTN Fine / See The Hotel Orji Uzor Kalu's Friend Opens @ Port Harcourt / Anonymous Hacks DSTV And Gotv. All Stations Now Showing. Check

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.