Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Was The 5 Lawmakers Right In The Impeachment- What Does The Law Say. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was The 5 Lawmakers Right In The Impeachment- What Does The Law Say. (482 Views)

Law Breaking Begins In Kogi: 5 Lawmakers ‘impeach’ Speaker / PHOTOS: List Of 5 Lawmakers Whose Elections Were Voided Yesterday / Fake Mace And The 5 Lawmakers, A Forgotten Incident? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was The 5 Lawmakers Right In The Impeachment- What Does The Law Say. by oshyno(m): 1:36pm On Jul 10, 2013
I will like the learned and most informed chaps to x-ray this issue bcuz d way it is going, with the backing of secury operative, the 5 lawmakers might just hv their way.

The confussion here is this : the 5 members first suspended 16 members thus making their number 5 enough to form a quorum.A quorum can be formed by 1/3 of d house. From the number present( 5 ) is it constitutional to say they are enough to impeach d speaker. Some one shud shed a light on this as regards what the constitution stipulate about impeachment and suspension.
Re: Was The 5 Lawmakers Right In The Impeachment- What Does The Law Say. by seunfly: 3:57pm On Jul 10, 2013
Where were u when 16 people claim to have elected leader against 19 people?
I guess ds is d new tactics of Jona rule.
Re: Was The 5 Lawmakers Right In The Impeachment- What Does The Law Say. by oshyno(m): 6:41pm On Jul 10, 2013
seunfly: Where were u when 16 people claim to have elected leader against 19 people?
I guess ds is d new tactics of Jona rule.

NGF is not recognized by law. That is why it has to be registered with CAC. Any decision they take concerns them.
Re: Was The 5 Lawmakers Right In The Impeachment- What Does The Law Say. by drnoel: 7:00pm On Jul 10, 2013
oshyno: I will like the learned and most informed chaps to x-ray this issue bcuz d way it is going, with the backing of secury operative, the 5 lawmakers might just hv their way.

The confussion here is this : the 5 members first suspended 16 members thus making their number 5 enough to form a quorum.A quorum can be formed by 1/3 of d house. From the number present( 5 ) is it constitutional to say they are enough to impeach d speaker. Some one shud shed a light on this as regards what the constitution stipulate about impeachment and suspension.
It is not right and they are wrong. Just members can't suspend 16. The constitution is clear on that, it has to be by a majority vote and in this case 5 is a minority. The only other way out is if GEJ calls for state of emergency to protect live and property in Rivers
Re: Was The 5 Lawmakers Right In The Impeachment- What Does The Law Say. by dridowu: 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2013
Nutin to say, waiting patiently 4 any constitutional lawyer to shed more light on d issue but in my opinion 5 is d minority so , i think d impeachment is invalid

(1) (Reply)

Manning Acquitted Of Aiding The Enemy / As Our Highly-anticipated David Enter... / Ekiti Accused Of Diverting Fg’s N350m Fadama Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.