Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,253 members, 7,849,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:27 AM

I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola (1385 Views)

2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje / Jonathan: I’ll Become Peace Ambassador After Leaving Office / Fashola Meets His Former School Teacher After 38 Years (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by londonrivals: 8:32pm On Jul 10, 2013
Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, yesterday said he might become a teacher after his second term expires on May 29, 2015. Fashola said his passion for teaching would make him go to the classroom after handing over power to a successor.

The governor said this at the State House in Alausa when he received pupils and teachers of Corona Nursery School on a courtesy visit.

Fashola, who said he was driven by passion to assist people to learn through teaching, also advised the pupils to be security conscious in and out of the school premises.
He said: “We all didn’t choose to be teachers. And we decided to do something else.

In spite of that, I think that in the process of my life since then I have also helped to teach, I help my children, I help other people to learn things and teaching doesn’t take place only in the classroom.

“In that sense, I think there is a little teacher in me and when I finish my public service, I will (teach). Teaching is one thing I want to do, I will go back to teach somewhere and at some level.”

Fashola urged the pupils to avoid talking to or accepting gifts from strangers whenever their parents or guardians were not around them.
The governor also said he was initially influenced to study Law by his grandmother, adding that he decided to acquire education in Nigeria because of the standard of education in the country then.

He said: “Why I studied Law, was a mixture of so many reasons.
First, I think it was based on my grandmother’s influence and there was a lawyer that used to charge us for legal service.

SOURCE- www.metronaija.com/ill-become-a-teacher-after-2015-gov-fashola/
Re: I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by oderemo(m): 8:42pm On Jul 10, 2013
am i worried. NOPE,
Re: I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by demsy21(m): 8:59pm On Jul 10, 2013
londonrivals: Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, yesterday said he might become a teacher after his second term expires on May 29, 2015. Fashola said his passion for teaching would make him go to the classroom after handing over power to a successor.

The governor said this at the State House in Alausa when he received pupils and teachers of Corona Nursery School on a courtesy visit.

Fashola, who said he was driven by passion to assist people to learn through teaching, also advised the pupils to be security conscious in and out of the school premises.
He said: “We all didn’t choose to be teachers. And we decided to do something else.

In spite of that, I think that in the process of my life since then I have also helped to teach, I help my children, I help other people to learn things and teaching doesn’t take place only in the classroom.

“In that sense, I think there is a little teacher in me and when I finish my public service, I will (teach). Teaching is one thing I want to do, I will go back to teach somewhere and at some level.”

Fashola urged the pupils to avoid talking to or accepting gifts from strangers whenever their parents or guardians were not around them.
The governor also said he was initially influenced to study Law by his grandmother, adding that he decided to acquire education in Nigeria because of the standard of education in the country then.

He said: “Why I studied Law, was a mixture of so many reasons.
First, I think it was based on my grandmother’s influence and there was a lawyer that used to charge us for legal service.

SOURCE- www.metronaija.com/ill-become-a-teacher-after-2015-gov-fashola/
He is serious? I think not! He has an highest ambition after end of term as government,i am sure!
Re: I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by oilyngbati3(m): 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2013
grin grin grin I thought the yari.ba people want this criminal of a governor to become the next president of the zoo called nigeria grin grin. Where is that batty boy called eko ole? tongue

1 Like

Re: I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by 2fine2fast(m): 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2013
oily-Yoruba:
grin grin grin I thought the yari.ba people want this criminal of a governor to become the next president of the zoo called nigeria grin grin. Where is that batty boy called eko ole? tongue

how did you escape from Yaba? You are not doing yourself any good by being out here with sane citizens.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by sEyi6: 10:19pm On Jul 10, 2013
That will be great, I consider those kids he is going to be lecturing the lucky ones.

Imagine how a parent will feel like when his kids report to him that their teacher is Nigeria's best administrator ever.

By-fire-by-force those kids must be brilliant grin
He has written his name in gold in Lagos and generally SW history

1 Like

Re: I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 10, 2013
oily-Yoruba:

How old are you?
Re: I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by brownlord: 12:09am On Jul 11, 2013
k
Re: I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by anonimi: 6:07am On Jul 11, 2013
$£yi:

Imagine how a parent will feel like when his kids report to him that their teacher is Nigeria's best administrator ever.
By-fire-by-force those kids must be brilliant grin
He has written his name in gold in Lagos and generally SW history

Fashola must be joking but most likely the swindled kids do not know.
A governor who did NOTHING to guarantee free and COMPULSORY education for all children in Lagos
Someone whose only legacy in education is the raising of LASU fees from 25k to 250k?

How does he compare with Awolowo and Jakande

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by egift(m): 6:16am On Jul 11, 2013
I hope he change his mind.
Re: I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by KwoiZabo(m): 7:10am On Jul 11, 2013
Someone that said he hated schOol and wanted to be a machanic. What will he teach.
Someone that raised university fees by 1000% how will he justify that.
If people like peter Obi says this we will u'stand b'cos we know his level in the private sector before he ventured into politics
Re: I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by sEyi6: 7:56am On Jul 11, 2013
anonimi:

A governor who did NOTHING to guarantee free and COMPULSORY education for all children in Lagos
Someone whose only legacy in education is the raising of LASU fees from 25k to 250k?

Well to you he is not, its your personal opinion so keep it to yourself.
To me and others who are not blinded by sentiment, he his more than the qualification I gave in my earlier post.
Its a free world Mr. You can always choose to and not to...

I say again, he his the best administrator Nigeria has cool

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 11, 2013
anonimi:

Show me how your state governor has guaranteed free education in your state from primary to teriary level .

Yes he's joking but you have to accept that he's a performing joker and don't sit in your shiithole yarning shiit about lagos state !

1 Like

Re: I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by earthgreeners(m): 8:22am On Jul 11, 2013
'Teaching doesn't take place only in the classroom'...
@anonimi, u too dull
Re: I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by PointB: 8:35am On Jul 11, 2013
Good one Fashola,
I sure want to learn the storied art of flower planting and how to clamp down on okada riders.
Re: I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by ninja4life(m): 8:37am On Jul 11, 2013
Good riddance
Re: I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by banki(m): 8:37am On Jul 11, 2013
They would soon tell u how Gej is a better administrator teacher leader intelLectual than fashola
Re: I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by ninja4life(m): 8:37am On Jul 11, 2013
PointB: Good one Fashola,
I sure want to learn the storied art of flower planting and how to clamp down on okada riders.
IDIOT
Re: I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by anonimi: 8:40am On Jul 11, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Show me how your state governor has guaranteed free education in your state from primary to teriary level.

Do you have CHILDREN at the tertiary level
Re: I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by tomakint: 9:54am On Jul 11, 2013
Na lie Mr Fashola, na today? It's either he is eyeing the Presidency or Senate, you can quote me cool TEACHER MY FOOT!
Re: I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by PointB: 9:56am On Jul 11, 2013
tomakint: Na lie Mr Fashola, na today? It's either he is eyeing the Presidency or Senate, you can quote me cool TEACHER MY FOOT!

Are you saying he will do as Tinubu says? sad sad sad sad

I hope not oo. I want to learn flower planting and okada clamping, and he is the most qualified to teach me.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by kingthreat(m): 9:58am On Jul 11, 2013
Yar Adua said the same thing after his two tenures. May his humble soul RIP.
Re: I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by tomakint: 10:00am On Jul 11, 2013
PointB:

Are you saying he will do as Tinubu says? sad sad sad sad

I hope not oo. I want to learn flower planting and okada clamping, and he is the most qualified to teach me.

grin grin grin grin Abegi PointB no kill me with laff grin grin grin
Re: I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by PointB: 10:03am On Jul 11, 2013
tomakint:

grin grin grin grin Abegi PointB no kill me with laff grin grin grin

lol, I dey serious oo. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by anonimi: 10:04am On Jul 11, 2013
$£yi:

I say again, he his the best administrator Nigeria has cool

Is he the best administrator compared to his other current colleague governors as you stated above
OR
Is he the best EVER as you stated much earlier on this thread

$£yi:

Re: I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by iykofias(m): 11:15am On Jul 11, 2013
Gov. Fashola, such a noble man
Re: I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by iykofias(m): 11:26am On Jul 11, 2013
~Bluetooth::

Show me how your state governor has
guaranteed free education in your state from
primary to teriary level.
anonimi:

Do you have CHILDREN at the tertiary level
dats d worst defence ever. He throwed u a challenge n dis all u cn blab abt?? Tufiakwa #pig
Re: I’ll Become A Teacher After 2015 – Gov Fashola by tomakint: 11:56am On Jul 11, 2013
PointB:

lol, I dey serious oo. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Before n ko, I know sey u dey serious with your sarcasm cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria To Get Electricity From Cameroon / Leveraging Akanu Ibiam International Airport (AIIA) And Ibaka Deep Seaport / Video: Inside Innoson Motor Plant Nnewi: World First Black Owned Carmanufacturer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.