Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 - Phones (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 (64647 Views)

Tecno P9 Phantom PAD Mini Discussion Thread / Tecno Phantom Pad N9 - A Combination Of Phone And Tablet / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Oigboebisi: 5:18am On Jul 17, 2013
ciphoenix: @ 4llerbuntu they'll never see it from that angle. Huawei just announced a new 7 inch tablet with a 1080p screen starting out at $250 (N33k or so).

That other fella tire me.

Unfortunately, $250 is not 33k but 37 to 40k. Also, Huawei is not really interested in the Nigerian market.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Onosy: 8:27am On Jul 17, 2013
Some dudes said Tecno is for the third world countries and not for the Developed world...True talk...

Question: Nigeria na wetin Developed Nation or third World Nation.....

IF Tecno is made for the Third world Countries, then they are in the right market grin grin grin if u like relocate to US or UK...When anything Happen U will still be refereed to as a Nigerian Whether they Born u there or not...Nigeria is a third world Nation so lets use third World products till we grow up as a Nation.

Tecno For life cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ciphoenix: 9:37am On Jul 17, 2013
Oigboebisi:

Unfortunately, $250 is not 33k but 37 to 40k. Also, Huawei is not really interested in the Nigerian market.
yea, it's quite unfortunate. We're stuck with the ones that feed us horse sh*t in the name of cheaper devices.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 30card(m): 10:20am On Jul 17, 2013
ciphoenix: yea, it's quite unfortunate. We're stuck with the ones that feed us horse sh*t in the name of cheaper devices.
having read your post and that of others i have a question for u, IN THE COMPARISM BETWEEN THE SAMSUNG TAB 2 AND TECNO N9 WHICH IS A BETTER DEVICE PUTTING INTO CONSIDRATION THE FACTS GIVEN AND THOSE OBTAIN FROM ANTUTU BENCH MARKS?
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ciphoenix: 12:34pm On Jul 17, 2013
30card: having read your post and that of others i have a question for u, IN THE COMPARISM BETWEEN THE SAMSUNG TAB 2 AND TECNO N9 WHICH IS A BETTER DEVICE PUTTING INTO CONSIDRATION THE FACTS GIVEN AND THOSE OBTAIN FROM ANTUTU BENCH MARKS?

I hate em both. If I were mandated to choose, I'd go for the Sammy. You're free to ask me why. smiley
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 30card(m): 12:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
ciphoenix:

I hate em both. If I were mandated to choose, I'd go for the Sammy. You're free to ask me why. smiley
what i asked is which is a better device not your choice, and why is the one choosen better assuming am a novice in the tech world?
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by nanaba777: 8:15am On Jul 18, 2013
Hello!!! Those guys that are into insults are they matured at all?
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ciphoenix: 5:02pm On Jul 19, 2013
30card:
what i asked is which is a better device not your choice, and why is the one choosen better assuming am a novice in the tech world?
my choice is the better to me, why would I choose otherwise
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 20, 2013
comparing tecno to samsung is like comparing death to life...

una chop craze??

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 20, 2013
SMH
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by NSYCAN: 12:46pm On Jul 21, 2013
Life is All about choices besides nothing will last Forever.The fight is unnecessary.Agreed Sammy is a Boss to Tecno,The later has been a huge relief to low earners(100k and below monthly salary)in Nigeria which unfortunately are the majority of the population.A Huge market there for Tecno and their their Nigerian partners to create wealth for themselves.I'll rather be a Money Making Tecno Business Partner than A Filthy Talking Unwanted Unknown Samsung Attorney.Happy Sunday!! cool

2 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Oigboebisi: 9:39pm On Jul 22, 2013
NSYCAN: Life is All about choices besides nothing will last Forever.The fight is unnecessary.Agreed Sammy is a Boss to Tecno,The later has been a huge relief to low earners(100k and below monthly salary)in Nigeria which unfortunately are the majority of the population.A Huge market there for Tecno and their their Nigerian partners to create wealth for themselves.I'll rather be a Money Making Tecno Business Partner than A Filthy Talking Unwanted Unknown Samsung Attorney.Happy Sunday!! cool

Thank you my brother. Whether na die I dey die or na life. dey live, Tecno b d best 4 moi.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by balogunsam(m): 10:35pm On Jul 22, 2013
SMH...folks have actually hurled so much unnecessary insults at eachother here...habaa...I sell and promote Chinese android tablets as an alternative for people who re not brand name crazy but need devices to meet their needs and i can tell you Sammy puts more into their devices than most of these manufacturers. Samsung's R&D department alone is bigger than many of these factories so its wrong saying Samsung products are overrated....as for the Phantom....folks need to read more and learn more...the word Quad core does not necessarily mean "Best and fastest". You cannot compare the ATM7029 Quadcore to the RK3188...but you will get a very nice 10.1 Chinese tablet with the ATM quadcore for around 25,000 naira while the same specs but with a RK3188 cannot sell less than 40k! Its simple....really. Please let us watch things we say to ourselves....Gadgets and their manufacturers are making millions day and night...we are arguing over them here...

2 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by olahero(m): 2:32pm On Jul 23, 2013
Nice Phantom Pad
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by TommyVercetti(m): 9:45am On Jul 24, 2013
Man this post is the most sensible post I've seen on this site. Big kudos to you man do your thing. I was wondering why they'd compare techno to Samsung in the first place
caukerzee: Your talk about tecno competing with iphone and samsung is not true. My problem is you judge from the Nigerian market only. If tecno is so confident of their products, why do they aim the third-world markets only? They bring cheap affordable sub-standard products here knowing how guliable the african people are. The key to prominence in the mobile tech business is inovation. Apple and samsung are where they are because of the new things they brought into mobile tech. Its not hard to do what tecno is doing. I myself can do what tecno is doing with the available resources at hand. For example, tecnos flagship, the f7 is already seen as outdatet technology in the devoloped markets. F7 is not better than an s2 and an iphone4s from 2011. All tecno does is copy and paste the hardwares of former flagships of other top brands. If tecno doesnt bring anything new, they will never dominate the global market. You tend to think the nigerian market means shi4t. BB was once the highest selling smartphone in naija at some point, but at that same time, their global sales were seen as poor. While the big dogs like sammy are thinking of introducing things like 5g bandwidth, 4gb ram for mobile phones, flexible displays into mobile tech, tecno is having 2011 technology as its flagship and you tell me tecno will rival sammy and iphone in the global market? Man, you are a big joke.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by techfreak: 11:04am On Jul 24, 2013
The tecno pad display is NOT HD but XGA.... shikena

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Akosxxx(m): 11:23am On Jul 24, 2013
make all of una shutup diiiiia! if samsung is sure tht their products re of more quality than tecno devices why then re they now reducin the prices of their galaxy devices in the name of promo
tecno wan free una from slavery una talk say na suffer una want. dont be suprised when u wake up 2morrw and yu find out tht MTN/ETISALAT is sellin ur tab2 same price or even cheaper than tecno phantom. mumus

2 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ndgfx(m): 11:23am On Jul 24, 2013
Can we please just shut up and buy a damn tab?
Do i care about GPU and Chipsets and Screen sizes? N-flippingfuckity-O

All i care about is that my device does what i want it to do. I have a Galaxy note 1 and Tecno D5. None are giving me problems...except for the Samsung whose battery has failed.

My point is:- If it works for you and is easy on your pocket and good on the grip, go for it and shun fanboy-ism displays

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by DaSoljar(m): 2:08pm On Jul 24, 2013
Nothing's gonna change my resolution to get the Tecno phantom next week..having gone through all comments @here, I've been able to deduce most peeps are only being like this coz they feel those whom they've been showing-off @ are beginning to get on thesame level as them..
I don't need anyone castigating me here..just face the fact, you are merely being jealous.

3 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by VicGoodGuy(m): 6:00pm On Jul 24, 2013
Da_Soljar: Nothing's gonna change my resolution to get the Tecno phantom next week..having gone through all comments @here, I've been able to deduce most peeps are only being like this coz they feel those whom they've been showing-off @ are beginning to get on thesame level as them..
I don't need anyone castigating me here..just face the fact, you are merely being jealous.

U know what bro? I'm even getting it before you. Thank you Tecno baby.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 24, 2013
Akosxxx: make all of una shutup diiiiia! if samsung is sure tht their products re of more quality than tecno devices why then re they now reducin the prices of their galaxy devices in the name of promo
tecno wan free una from slavery una talk say na suffer una want. dont be suprised when u wake up 2morrw and yu find out tht MTN/ETISALAT is sellin ur tab2 same price or even cheaper than tecno phantom. mumus
ure the one to shut up! do u think ure better than any one on this tread? see the way ure talking! most tecno users got to know and understand what a smartfone is and what it takes 4 a fone to be smart when they started usin thier tecno #Fact so its thier first love and first love re alwaes thier fav. Guy i dont use a smart fone buh ive been into phones since the tyme samsung and apple started goin to court over copy this copy that! it was that event that drew me closer to know abt fones and that event am 1000000% sure u know notin about! so u cant tell anyone to shutup! sammy reduce dia prices on their low end phones! did u hear gs4 price was reduced?? i don't hate tecno! in fact i love the fact they av made android as affordable but you, i and everybody know that if samsung is to release a fone that has the same exact specs as tecno f7, IT WILL BE CHEAPER THAN TECNO F7. to me i think f7 is over priced at 34k so tecno prices are normal to me! not cheap

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by LordReed(m): 10:12pm On Jul 24, 2013
runzlord:
ure the one to shut up! do u think ure better than any one on this tread? see the way ure talking! most tecno users got to know and understand what a smartfone is and what it takes 4 a fone to be smart when they started usin thier tecno #Fact so its thier first love and first love re alwaes thier fav. Guy i dont use a smart fone buh ive been into phones since the tyme samsung and apple started goin to court over copy this copy that! it was that event that drew me closer to know abt fones and that event am 1000000% sure u know notin about! so u cant tell anyone to shutup! sammy reduce dia prices on their low end phones! did u hear gs4 price was reduced?? i don't hate tecno! in fact i love the fact they av made android as affordable but you, i and everybody know that if samsung is to release a fone that has the same exact specs as tecno f7, IT WILL BE CHEAPER THAN TECNO F7. to me i think f7 is over priced at 34k so tecno prices are normal to me! not cheap

Your analogy is very wrong. Samsung has phones with lower spec that are more expensive than the Tecno Phantom. Mobile phone manufacturing is more than just spec which is why you don't only compare spec to know how good a phone is.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ciphoenix: 11:37pm On Jul 24, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Your analogy is very wrong. Samsung has phones with lower spec that are more expensive than the Tecno Phantom. Mobile phone manufacturing is more than just spec which is why you don't only compare spec to know how good a phone is.

I think he meant same specs as in everything being the exact same, not same type.
That would include materials and the likes.

Anyway that's not my problem. I'll go with who gives me the best whether another offers a cheaper dumbed down alternative or not.
If the Ubuntu Edge sees the light of day, I'll definitely be done with these regular droids smiley
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by olahero(m): 5:51am On Jul 25, 2013
flagging with it.......my tPad

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by james1(m): 6:35am On Jul 25, 2013
What is top most is;the device gives you what you desire @ a price you can afford.
Samsung is certainly not on same level with tecno in term of R & D so therefore can not be priced on same level however tecno is making life easier for tons of people and certainly poised to make life uneasy for established brands cos they taking their customers and before anyone forgets,the company that makes more sales,end up making business at the end of the day.
starters who know what they want and have set goals don't sit around knowing the bigger brands will put them out of business with the first chance they get,they therefore are not resting on their oars.
If you think kia,hyundai or skoda are not making progress then you will need to wake up.I drove the skoda superb and was totally knocked out with its acceleration,balance and crazy tech inputs that if it where to be in a bmw,merc or toyota,the price will be sitting where God is but it sells at an unbelievable price!!!
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by james1(m): 6:49am On Jul 25, 2013
Better designed goods or services must certainly cost more but most Nigerians have this negative mindset that"if its cheap,its not good"most Nigerians also want to be seen handling the most expensive gadgets they can lay their hands on even if they have to starve to get it,common.this very factor keeps setting many back.
And you want to laugh your teeths off?a huge number have no use for the gadgets other than flaunting it!what a shame!!
We have to work on our mentality as a people,it really is affecting us,some may want to disagree,its time to do a massive reality check on ourselves.we badly need it!

3 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 25, 2013
Lord_Reed:

well i know kn samsung fone thats with TFT screen thats more expensive than f7 if u do please tell me smiley

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by LordReed(m): 3:33pm On Jul 25, 2013
runzlord: well i know kn samsung fone thats with TFT screen thats more expensive than f7 if u do please tell me smiley

The Galaxy Grand Duos uses a TFT screen and is way more expansive. At launch the S Duos was more expensive. The new Galaxy Core is more expensive. These all dual core phones with TFT screens and PPI less than 250ppi.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by tobietticom(m): 10:59am On Jul 26, 2013
james1: Better designed goods or services must certainly cost more but most Nigerians have this negative mindset that"if its cheap,its not good"most Nigerians also want to be seen handling the most expensive gadgets they can lay their hands on even if they have to starve to get it,common.this very factor keeps setting many back.
And you want to laugh your teeths off?a huge number have no use for the gadgets other than flaunting it!what a shame!!
We have to work on our mentality as a people,it really is affecting us,some may want to disagree,its time to do a massive reality check on ourselves.we badly need it!

Someone is sha common out true.. A lot of pretenders on this tread..everyone claiming *O.B.O*..the truth is if you like it go for it.. Samsung is good.. Tecno is good..everything is just branding..
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by mcgboye(m): 12:17pm On Jul 26, 2013
FICTION:

I have N50k and I really wish to buy a Tab with at least 8 inches and that works very well for my needs. If I could get some change after buying this, for data purchase and credit to call my babe, better.

I approach the phone store (say SLOT) and I look at the tabs on display. I give details of my plan to the attractive Shop Attendant and she tells me I can get some tabs for that amount and still have enough change left for the other stuff. So she points me to a tab on the display with something like "Tecno" written on it, and I was like, what's that? Anyway I ask the shop attendant what kinda tab it is and the specs. She mumbled some details I scarcely understand and then tells me it will do ALL the job I have listed, and some more. I asked her how much it costs and she says N35k. I looked back to be sure he wasn't talking to someone else then faced him again. Are you freaking joking? No sir, she replied in a respectful manner. I asked her to repeat the details just to be sure and she confirms what she said earlier, with some other juicy details she forgot to mention the first time. She tells me there are other similar devices going for the same price but Tecno has a Customer Service centre in Lagos where all my queries are addressed, especially if my complaint is within the warranty period. I immediately pay for the device - I don't want her to realise she has given me the wrong price (maybe she had too much to drink). I also bought some other accesories after doing some calculation to check if my spending is still within budget.

You see where this is going? I don't give a damn what other devices can do or how much they cost. This device is cheap for my pocket, does exactly what I want it to do and some more. My friend has a 140k iPad, another has a 90k Samsung Tab but I also have a device which works for me just fine.

I painted the above scenario to explain exactly why people should just enjoy whatever device they bought that suits their budget and their needs.
The key words: BUDGET and NEEDS.

NB: I don’t have a tab, yet.

3 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ibietela2(m): 6:19pm On Jul 26, 2013
Gosh are you guys still here??

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand / How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready / Download PES 2016 For PPSSPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.