Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,521 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 (64599 Views)

Tecno P9 Phantom PAD Mini Discussion Thread / Tecno Phantom Pad N9 - A Combination Of Phone And Tablet / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by tobietticom(m): 12:07am On Jul 12, 2013
Tab 2 and tecno tab are two different tablets that performs different functions. For instance samsung tab has a gpu while the tecno tab doesn't have.. And the tecno tab has a quad-core while the samsung tab has a dual-core.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
But lets break it down and express the truth.. I'm a geek and I will prefer a samsung *because of the gpu and other stuffs attached to it that tecno doesn't have but the real truth is the tecno will be more market friendly, Nigerians are getting to accept. Infact even slot nigeria has even started selling tecno andriods, can you imagine that, jumia nigeria and konga online retailer shops are also selling it. Who would ever think tecno would sell this much.
My respect to the tecno..they are just starting, guess they will do better in their coming devices
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by toluxa1(m): 12:10am On Jul 12, 2013
Lord_Reed:

That's a lie. The Chinese buy their own home grown phones. Go and check how many million Chinese Android phones are activated per year and stop saying what you know nothing about.

Don't mind the guy. I wonder were people get such assumptions from. Millions of people buy phones like Umi, Zopo, Jiayu, THL etc. These are top chinese brands that are bought/used at 'home' in millions. Many of those brands have very good phones too, much better than techno but more expensive.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 30card(m): 12:40am On Jul 12, 2013
tobietti.com:
Tab 2 and tecno tab are two different tablets that performs different functions. For instance samsung tab has a gpu while the tecno tab doesn't have.. And the tecno tab has a quad-core while the samsung tab has a dual-core.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
But lets break it down and express the truth.. I'm a geek and I will prefer a samsung *because of the gpu and other stuffs attached to it that tecno doesn't have but the real truth is the tecno will be more market friendly, Nigerians are getting to accept. Infact even slot nigeria has even started selling tecno andriods, can you imagine that, jumia nigeria and konga online retailer shops are also selling it. Who would ever think tecno would sell this much.
My respect to the tecno..they are just starting, guess they will do better in their coming devices
bro sorry but it seems u didnt view the specs of the n9 properly , it has a gpu and the gpu it runs is thw powervr sgx 544 while the samsung carries powervr sgx 540

4 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 5:25am On Jul 12, 2013
30card: bro sorry but it seems u didnt view the specs of the n9 properly , it has a gpu and the gpu it runs is thw powervr sgx 544 while the samsung carries powervr sgx 540
You need not to tell them

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ibietela2(m): 5:54am On Jul 12, 2013
chugzy:
does tecno n9 accept all andriod apps on google play? Not by less prise, chinko nd chinasa is one lyk chinelo

Which kind foolish questions is this??

2 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by mjconcept(m): 5:54am On Jul 12, 2013
Loving my Nokia 3310.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ibietela2(m): 6:07am On Jul 12, 2013
Bandit C.:
Even chinese people do not go for their own home made phones and tabs. They rather sell their kidneys to buy apple products and korean mobile device.

Should that tell us something regarding what they know about the quality of their own products? But here they are being praised up and down by Nigerians.

Making cheap android phones for a competitive market is good but trying to compare any nonsense they release with premium brands like HTC, Sam-sung and Apple is just tomfoolery.

Nice dude, why not make "made in nigeria" phones better than apple, samsung for Nigerians and leave Tecno alone??

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ibietela2(m): 6:10am On Jul 12, 2013
yomez: Please I want to ask whether this tecno tablet is readily available in Nigeria? and if it is readily available, where can I get it and how much does it cost?

Its out just 36k

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ibietela2(m): 6:26am On Jul 12, 2013
ciphoenix: considering it's a 2013 tablet, it's not so impressive. Android tablets has never been samsung's strength, else they would've produced a worthy competitor for the ipad. That tab 2 is old though

[size=38pt]STOP WITH THE EXCUSES[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ibietela2(m): 6:32am On Jul 12, 2013
physise: lol very soon una go wise up say na tecno exploit una pass,dey go dey release fone when new update dey,n una go dey buy am all tecno phone r d same,same processor,maybe same gpu,tecno q1 with 512mb ram get higher benchmark than tecno f7 with 1gb,very soon una eye go open

[size=38pt]SHOW US PROVES NIGGA[/size]

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ibietela2(m): 6:40am On Jul 12, 2013
Brainrex:
hahaha I always laugh my ass out any time I see the Dude ranting when it comes to tecno devices, an average user doesn't care about the chipset, it's quad core Dude and I'm preety sure it'll beat the galaxy tab in benchmark score
The n9 wins (price and performance )

#teamTecno cheesy cheesy

Ogami you boy is loyal

2 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by agentM(m): 7:21am On Jul 12, 2013
let me give a practical example of the way I see this comparison.comparing the tab 2 to the n9 is like comparing a a Lamborghini that was manufactured in 2010 to a 2013 range rover sport for God sake the range rover is having an upper hand because it is equipped with the latest technology and stuffs like that though the Lamborghini might be more expensive but when it comes to speed they are of no match so OP why should you compare the Samsung galaxy tab 2 that was released February 2012 to the tecno N9 that was just released July 2013.why not compare it with something of its own size(tecno n9) and that was also released of recent by Samsung this year I think the Samsung galaxy note 8 will do, then I know you are talking sense
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by underscore: 7:39am On Jul 12, 2013
Compare this newly released Techno tab with the newly released Samsung galaxy tab 3 7.0 or an 8" Samsung tab. Let's compare apples with apples!
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by hustla(m): 8:01am On Jul 12, 2013
Samsung fanboys will never agree..why would u agree you were stupid enough to buy a 55k tablet when a tablet of 39k or so does better.. and by the way Samsung isSouth korea,and yet some people open mouths nd call Tecno Chinko,no be d samr Asia?

let us not deceive ourselves ere,dont make excuses for Samsung, we can see the benchmarks and features... the N9 is better.. on the F7 thread, Sammy fanboys were.screaming their heads out bout benchmarks and gpu and DualCore/QuadCore processors.. now dat the atutu or whatever it is called bench marks favor d n9, dem.no fit talk...now that the N9 has a better processor,dem no fit talk

The truth be said,95% of Nigerians using phones do not use up to 95% of its full features,dose clamouring for QuadCore/OctaCore processors mostly scream the name cos it makes dem.sound 'geeky' and TechSavy that d average Joneses...people care mostly about d ability to multitask well,browse fast,run games decently,highly responsive screen and good battery...thats all,and both Tecno nd Samsung offer that though one is much more cheaper..(kindly goto www.chinafonereview.com and see cheap Chinese fones that use OctaCore processors with 13mp cameras runnin d new Key LimePie/Jellybean 4.2)

Advertising has so brainwashed us that we see Expensive as quality when infact its a.lie...I remember when I used to buy 'new' jeans in boutiques at 4-6k years ago..just cos I was foolish enough to think they were straight from Yankee becos they were expensive. These same Jeans cost 500-700 at Super and probably less at Yaba...why spend 4,000 when you can get it for 700 naira? Took me a while to see I had been brainwashed though..

About OTA updates,as good as they may seems,it isnt 100% compulsory..Most of the people using iPhone 5 that I know not even know how to use their app store well..not to even talk of knowing there is a new 7.0 Os out..the same goes for S2/S3 users..to jailbreak/root their fones na even wahaala
I stl use 2.3.5 on my N3,512mb ram and it still runs perfectly without any troubles..although Tecno would do good to bring updatez just for the fun of it.. (wld be a mouth-shutter for Samsung fanboys)

6 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 30card(m): 8:17am On Jul 12, 2013
underscore: Compare this newly released Techno tab with the newly released Samsung galaxy tab 3 7.0 or an 8" Samsung tab. Let's compare apples with apples!

these are the specs of tab 3 7.0
copied from gsmarena
General
2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
SIM Yes
Announced 2013, April
Status Coming soon. Exp. release 2013, June
Body
Dimensions 188 x 111.1 x 9.9 mm (7.40 x 4.37 x 0.39 in)
Weight 306 g (10.79 oz)
Display
Type TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 600 x 1024 pixels, 7.0 inches (~170 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes
- TouchWiz UX UI
Sound
Alert types Vibration, Polyphonic(64), MP3 ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes
Memory
Card slot microSD, up to 64 GB
Internal 8/16 GB storage, 1 GB RAM
Data
GPRS Yes
EDGE Yes
Speed HSDPA, 21 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
Bluetooth Yes, v3.0 with A2DP
Infrared port Yes
USB Yes, v2.0
Camera
Primary 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, autofocus
Features Geo-tagging
Video Yes, 720p@30fps
Secondary Yes, 1.3 MP
Features
OS Android OS, v4.1 (Jelly Bean)
CPU Dual-core 1.2 GHz
Sensors Accelerometer, proximity, compass
Messaging SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
Browser HTML5
Radio No
GPS Yes, with A-GPS support and GLONASS
Java Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
Colors White
- TV Out
- SNS integration
- MP4/DivX/Xvid/H.264/H.263/WMV player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/WMA/AC3/Flac player
- Organizer
- Image/video editor
- Quickoffice HD editor/viewer
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail,
YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa
- Voice memo/dial
- Predictive text input (Swype)
Battery
Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
Stand-by
Talk time Up to 8 h (multimedia)
Music play Up to 108 h
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by hustla(m): 8:28am On Jul 12, 2013
30card:
copied from gsmarena
General
SIM Yes
Announced 2013, April
Body
Weight 306 g (10.79 oz)
Display
Multitouch Yes
- TouchWiz UX UI
Sound
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes
Memory
Data
GPRS Yes
EDGE Yes
Infrared port Yes
USB Yes, v2.0
Camera
Features Geo-tagging
Video Yes, 720p@30fps
Secondary Yes, 1.3 MP
Features
CPU Dual-core 1.2 GHz
Browser HTML5
Radio No
Colors White
- TV Out
- SNS integration
- Organizer
- Image/video editor
- Voice memo/dial
Battery
Stand-by
Music play Up to 108 h

n9 stl competes with it o

2 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 12, 2013
hustla: Samsung fanboys will never agree..why would u agree you were stupid enough to buy a 55k tablet when a tablet of 39k or so does better.. and by the way Samsung isSouth korea,and yet some people open mouths nd call Tecno Chinko,no be d samr Asia?

let us not deceive ourselves ere,dont make excuses for Samsung, we can see the benchmarks and features... the N9 is better.. on the F7 thread, Sammy fanboys were.screaming their heads out bout benchmarks and gpu and DualCore/QuadCore processors.. now dat the atutu or whatever it is called bench marks favor d n9, dem.no fit talk...now that the N9 has a better processor,dem no fit talk

The truth be said,95% of Nigerians using phones do not use up to 95% of its full features,dose clamouring for QuadCore/OctaCore processors mostly scream the name cos it makes dem.sound 'geeky' and TechSavy that d average Joneses...people care mostly about d ability to multitask well,browse fast,run games decently,highly responsive screen and good battery...thats all,and both Tecno nd Samsung offer that though one is much more cheaper..(kindly goto www.chinafonereview.com and see cheap Chinese fones that use OctaCore processors with 13mp cameras runnin d new Key LimePie/Jellybean 4.2)

Advertising has so brainwashed us that we see Expensive as quality when infact its a.lie...I remember when I used to buy 'new' jeans in boutiques at 4-6k years ago..just cos I was foolish enough to think they were straight from Yankee becos they were expensive. These same Jeans cost 500-700 at Super and probably less at Yaba...why spend 4,000 when you can get it for 700 naira? Took me a while to see I had been brainwashed though..

About OTA updates,as good as they may seems,it isnt 100% compulsory..Most of the people using iPhone 5 that I know not even know how to use their app store well..not to even talk of knowing there is a new 7.0 Os out..the same goes for S2/S3 users..to jailbreak/root their fones na even wahaala
I stl use 2.3.5 on my N3,512mb ram and it still runs perfectly without any troubles..although Tecno would do good to bring updatez just for the fun of it.. (wld be a mouth-shutter for Samsung fanboys)

Well said bro

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 12, 2013
agent M: let me give a practical example of the way I see this comparison.comparing the tab 2 to the n9 is like comparing a a Lamborghini that was manufactured in 2010 to a 2013 range rover sport for God sake the range rover is having an upper hand because it is equipped with the latest technology and stuffs like that though the Lamborghini might be more expensive but when it comes to speed they are of no match so OP why should you compare the Samsung galaxy tab 2 that was released February 2012 to the tecno N9 that was just released July 2013.why not compare it with something of its own size(tecno n9) and that was also released of recent by Samsung this year I think the Samsung galaxy note 8 will do, then I know you are talking sense
Fanboy
Goto Google.com or YouTube search key word "IPhone5 vs"
Hundreds of comparison reviews with the galaxy s4, so is the iPhone5 not 2012?
Smh

2 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 30card(m): 8:40am On Jul 12, 2013
hustla:

n9 stl competes with it o
i tell ubut our people will not view things with an open mind even with the facts before them.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by hustla(m): 8:41am On Jul 12, 2013
GENERAL
2G Network Yes
3G Network Yes
Band GSM 850 / 900 /
1800 / 1900 – XT920 (SIM 1 & SIM 2)
SIM Single SIM
BODY
Dimensions 204 x 154 x 9.9 mm
Resolutiopn 768 x 1024
DISPLAY
Type Tablet
Multitouch Yes
Protection Corning Gorilla Glass
SOUNDS
Alert types Vibration, MP3, WAV
ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes
ENTERTAINMENT
Videos Format MP4, 3GP, AVI
Audio Format MP3, MIDI, AMR,
WAV, AAC
Games Yes
MEMORY
Card slot 16 GB ROM with
MicroSD Slot to expand to 32GB
RAM 1 GB
DATA
GPRS Yes
EDGE Yes
Speed HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps;
HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n,
Wi-Fi hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct
Bluetooth Yes
NFC Yes
USB Yes, microUSB v2.0
CAMERA
Primary 5.0 MP back camera
and 2.0MP front camera
Features Touch focus, geo-
tagging, HDR
Video Yes, 720p
Secondary Yes, 1.2 MP
FEATURES
OS Android Jelly
Bean 4.2.1
CPU Quad Core 1.2
GHz CPU
Sensors G Sensor
Messaging SMS(threaded
view), MMS, Email, IM
Browser HTML
Radio FM radio
GPS Yes, with A-
GPS
BATTERY Li-Ion 4500mAh
battery
Stand-by Up to 500hrs
Talk time Up to 8hrs

see n9 specs i just posted
except something is wrong with u,u wl agree the n9 is better than the new samsung tab coming out...and im sure it wld cost like 80k or so

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:42am On Jul 12, 2013
Ironically they just don't get it

THE ONLY ONES WHO SCREAM PRICE ARE THE TECNO USERS!

matter of fact thats the ONLY basis for all your yammering. that its cheaper.

for some reason y'all have some inferiority complex going on with samsung. do u realise samsung phones are the cheapest for the major OEMS? grin grin grin

why not at least try switch your samsung competition to HTC or SONY for once grin grin

Keep using nonsense words like brainwashed. i suppose BMW too brainwashed us too to prefer them to Hyundai?

Like someone said. If A Samsung/HTC/SONY/APPLE Phone and a Tecno Phone have the same specs and are priced the same, which would you purchase?
I suppose your answer will tell you all you need to know about your mental state. Nuff said, this is boring now.

Poverty is a beesh
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by hustla(m): 8:43am On Jul 12, 2013
30card:
i tell ubut our people will not view things with an open mind even with the facts before them.

i studied Mass Comm... blame it on the Media and the Nigerian metality...even our own things produced in naija are seen as inferior,only Yankee things make sense...

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by hustla(m): 8:44am On Jul 12, 2013
4llerbuntu: Ironically they just don't get it

for some reason y'all have some inferiority complex going on with samsung. do u realise samsung phones are the cheapest for the major OEMS? grin grin grin

why not at least try switch your samsung competition to HTC or SONY for once grin grin

Keep using nonsense words like brainwashed. i suppose BMW too brainwashed us too to prefer them to Hyundai?

Like someone said. If A Samsung/HTC/SONY/APPLE Phone and a Tecno Phone have the same specs and are priced the same, which would you purchase?
I suppose your answer will tell you all you need to know about your mental state. Nuff said, this is boring now.

Poverty is a beesh

i respect ur views.. expensive doesnt always translate to 'better'.. big d*.k doesnt mean you wld perform better than.. u know the rest.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 30card(m): 8:45am On Jul 12, 2013
Brainrex:
Fanboy
Goto Google.com or YouTube search key word "IPhone5 vs"
Hundreds of comparison reviews with the galaxy s4, so is the iPhone5 not 2012?
Smh
dont mind them , their level of hypocricy one cannot say

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 30card(m): 8:51am On Jul 12, 2013
4llerbuntu: Ironically they just don't get it

Poverty is a beesh
gosh we talking specs of these two tabs and what are u saying ? didnt the n9 better the tab in the antutu benchmarks ? whats ur bone of contention in this case ?
i wonder how we think lets take an analogy , does the fact that messi is the best player in the world make pique the best defender in the world. it would be a fallacy to say so ,yes samsung is a made name but in this issue the tab aint no match for the n9 .plz

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 12, 2013
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 12, 2013
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 30card(m): 9:18am On Jul 12, 2013
oya na the bench mark be this ooo for the tab2 oya make una talk
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ciphoenix: 9:47am On Jul 12, 2013
ibietela2:

[size=38pt]STOP WITH THE EXCUSES[/size]
what am I excusing exactly?
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by stephano100(m): 10:01am On Jul 12, 2013
30card:
copied from gsmarena
General
SIM Yes
Announced 2013, April
Body
Weight 306 g (10.79 oz)
Display
Multitouch Yes
- TouchWiz UX UI
Sound
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes
Memory
Data
GPRS Yes
EDGE Yes
Infrared port Yes
USB Yes, v2.0
Camera
Features Geo-tagging
Video Yes, 720p@30fps
Secondary Yes, 1.3 MP
Features
CPU Dual-core 1.2 GHz
Browser HTML5
Radio No
Colors White
- TV Out
- SNS integration
- Organizer
- Image/video editor
- Voice memo/dial
Battery
Stand-by
Music play Up to 108 h
Gawwd,so dis is d spec of d almighty over emphasized Tab 3....nw i knw all sammy users are phuckin dummies...samsung don blind fold una eyes wit south korean juju walahi...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand / How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready / Download PES 2016 For PPSSPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.