Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,026 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe (11405 Views)

Nyesom Wike Pleads With Rivers People Not To Vote PDP / Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis / Patience Jonathan Denies Involvement In Rivers Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by bcomputer101: 6:39am On Jul 11, 2013
he Presidency admitted today that President Goodluck Jonathan has many worries, but argued that the crisis rocking the Rivers State House of Assembly is not one of them.

President Jonathan's Senior Special Assistant on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, stated this in Abuja during a press briefing called in response to the call made by the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) for the impeachment of Mr. Jonathan because of the crisis in the Assembly.

“We wish to state categorically that in spite of what the ACN will want the Nigerian people to believe, President Goodluck Jonathan is absolutely unconnected and definitely not involved in the political crisis that seemed to have engulfed Rivers State in recent times,” he said, before going on to dodge most of the questions asked of him on happenings in the state.

After asserting that Mr. Jonathan has not and would not engineer any act that can cause disaffection between Governor Rotimi Amaechi or any other Governor and the state legislature or institution of government, he specifically put the governor down, describing Amaechi as “too small an entity to fight."

Okupe also refused to answer a question about a possible link between the two-week visit of Patience Jonathan to Rivers State two weeks ago.

In his prepared statement, the presidential aide dismissed the call for the impeachment of Mr. Jonathan as “the limit of tolerable nonsense and a clear descent into inglorious political rascality.”

Said the former medical doctor: “It is now increasingly obvious that the desperation of the ACN to bullishly acquire power by all means and at all cost, including mindless precipitation of anarchy, disaffection and break down of public order is the driving force behind their incessant, irresponsible and unpatriotic politics of hate and deceit and their high propensity to fan the embers of national discord, disunity and social disorder.”

TEXT OF A PRESS CONFERENCE ADDRESSED BY THE SENIOR SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT ON PUBLIC AFFAIRS,DR DOYIN OKUPE ON WEDNESDAY 10TH JULY, 2013.

Gentlemen of the Press,

The reaction of the Action Congress of Nigeria to the event in the Rivers State House of Assembly as contained in a Press release issued by the party’s publicity secretary this afternoon calls for concern by all patriotic Nigerians.

The statement blamed Mr President for the crisis and accused him of abhorrence for the rule of law, and supporting a group of Rivers state Assembly members to disrupt proceedings in the House.

Once again, this position of the ACN is another condemnable, extremist and fundamentally flawed position by the opposition party.

For the avoidance of doubt and at the risk of repetitiveness, we wish to state categorically that in spite of what the ACN will want the Nigerian people to believe, President Goodluck Jonathan is absolutely unconnected and definitely not involved in the political crisis that seemed to have engulfed Rivers State in recent times.

The President is not, has not and will never engineer any act that can cause disaffection between Governor Rotimi Amaechi or any other Governor and the state legislature or any other institution of government.

To avid watchers of Nigerian politics, President Goodluck Jonathan has not shown himself as a person who will deploy his immense constitutional powers against any governor or democratic institution to achieve personal goals.

Since his election as President, his personal and official mien reveals a personality that has utmost and distinct respect for democracy and rule of law.

It is sad therefore, that despite repeated clarifications including one recently made by ACN Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti state absolving President Goodluck Jonathan from the NGF crisis, Alhaji Lai Muhammed in his characteristic deafness to truth, continues to mischievously drag the exalted office of the President into controversies arising from the election of the Chairman of the Nigeria Governor’s Forum.

The call by the Action Congress of Nigeria for the impeachment of Mr President based on these frivolous, unsubstantiated allegations is the limit of tolerable nonsense and a clear descent into inglorious political rascality.

It is now increasingly obvious that the desperation of the ACN to bullishly acquire power by all means and at all cost, including mindless precipitation of anarchy, disaffection and break down of public order is the driving force behind their incessant, irresponsible and unpatriotic politics of hate and deceit and their high propensity to fan the embers of national discord, disunity and social disorder.

We therefore call on our distinguished and honorable parliamentarians and the general public to ignore and disregard the self-serving and unpatriotic call for impeachment of the President by the Action Congress of Nigeria.

Thank You

DR DOYIN OKUPE

SENIOR SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT ON PUBLIC AFFAIRS

10TH JULY, 2013

Source: mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/president-jonathan-multi-troubled-man-okupe-says

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by ChainBlinger: 7:03am On Jul 11, 2013
GEJ is a BOKO HARAM member. I am a Nairaland member and it's my first time to comment first. Glory be to God!
Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by decrox199(m): 7:13am On Jul 11, 2013
He's never been decisive..he sud do us a favour by opting out from the next presidential election.we've enof of his clueless leadership!

ENOUGH

17 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by oshyno(m): 7:32am On Jul 11, 2013
Walahi GEJ is the most attacked president Nigeria has ever produced. Boko haram inubu and Buhari no gree d man rest. And now this clown ikwere man Amaechi is adding salt to injury. nawaoo

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by Segadem(m): 7:46am On Jul 11, 2013
Anything,Everything that happens in Nigeria is caused by GEJ. Must ACN do politic with every thing that happens in this country?

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by kkkp: 7:53am On Jul 11, 2013
Yes of course..dats y he is a leader..dey have evry ryt to accuse him bcus dey are opposition and dis is democracy
Segadem: Anything,Everything that happens in Nigeria is caused by GEJ. Must ACN do politic with every thing that happens in this country?

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by egift(m): 8:02am On Jul 11, 2013
Segadem: Anything,Everything that happens in Nigeria is caused by GEJ. Must ACN do politic with every thing that happens in this country?
Who should we accuse? Your town union chairman? Bros park well and stop following a zoo-keeper.

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by earthgreeners(m): 8:12am On Jul 11, 2013
Accuse me instead, cos na me wan chop 1.3 Billion naira food . olodo oshii

19 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by MightyThor(m): 8:29am On Jul 11, 2013
“too small an entity to fight."

This is what i find irritating about the whole Presidency-Amaechi buhaha, these press conferences are definitely not written by the president himself but at least whom ever writes them should show a little decorum for the office of the Governor. People are thinking of how to calm things yet others are making more inflammatory statement.

Personally this his utterance shows that there is still bad blood between the Presidency and the Rivers state Governor, at least on the Presidents side.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by thelastPope(m): 8:30am On Jul 11, 2013
I love Okupe to the bone! grin grin grin Hear him...

It is sad therefore, that despite repeated clarifications
including one recently made by ACN Governor Kayode
Fayemi of Ekiti state absolving President Goodluck
Jonathan from the NGF crisis
, Alhaji Lai Muhammed in
his characteristic deafness to truth
, continues to
mischievously drag the exalted office of the President
into controversies arising from the election of the
Chairman of the Nigeria Governor’s Forum.
The call by the Action Congress of Nigeria for the
impeachment of Mr President based on these
frivolous, unsubstantiated allegations is the limit of
tolerable nonsense and a clear descent into inglorious
political rascality

and again...

It is now increasingly obvious that the desperation of
the ACN to bullishly acquire power by all means and
at all cost, including mindless precipitation of anarchy,
disaffection and break down of public order is the
driving force behind their incessant, irresponsible and
unpatriotic politics of hate and deceit and their high
propensity to fan the embers of national discord,
disunity and social disorder.

Exactly what their campaign is on NL! They have never been about positive and progressive debate. They only do the following:

1. Open threads to praise Fashola and ACN

2. Insult everyone and anyone who contributes a different opinion on those threads

3. Praise all south west ACN governors even when real evidence shows most of them are epic failures. In doing this, they select isolated projects with costs that are infinitesimal compared to their state allocations, and they extol those projects as epic ground breaking achievements. A good example is the so many days of praise singing of Amosun's infamous flyover in a state with chaotic and completely dilapidated gully-ways a.k.a roads. The whole of Sango, Lambe, Iju, Akute, Alagbole, Ajuwon, etc are a complete shytehole with terrible roads and have been completely neglected by the governor since 2011. The governor has done absolutely nothing in these places even with all the massive tenement rate he collects there.

4. They praise and support anything and everything Tinubu does or say. They explain it away on the false alter of pseudo performance even in the glaring fact that Lagos is still a mess after 14 years of ACN rule!

5. They support the highhandedness and undemocratic actions and inactions of Tinubu who they literally worship and bow to every morning when they wake up. Even in the face of wanton oppression going on, with Tinubu and his cronies taking peoples lands without pity and chasing them away with state resources. And this is not about Ibo or Yoruba. So many people that have been defrauded are Yoruba people. Go to Epe and see how Tinubu has literally acquired all the lands by force using state machinery. One day, people will rise up give those thugs a run for their money. It is coming very soon. People are angry. These fools on NL who collect monies from Alausa will come here talking nonsense as if they are speaking for Lagos state people. Most of them are from Osun, Ekiti and Ogun state. They have zero affiliation to Lagos except as "crumbs from the Asiwaju table" actors in this story of epic deception! Time will surely tell!

35 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by Standing5(m): 8:33am On Jul 11, 2013
The man has no problem with the real problems of those whose interest he is suppose to protect. Gej i hail.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by thelastPope(m): 8:38am On Jul 11, 2013
MightyThor: “too small an entity to fight."

This is what i find irritating about the whole Presidency-Amaechi buhaha, these press conferences are definitely not written by the president himself but at least whom ever writes them should show a little decorum for the office of the Governor. People are thinking of how to calm things yet others are making more inflammatory statement.

Personally this his utterance shows that there is still bad blood between the Presidency and the Rivers state Governor, at least on the Presidents side.

Shut up my friend. What rubbish decorum. When you all go around running your mouth comparing a president of a country with a common governor, dont you know you deserve to be told the blatant truth? He is too small for the president to fight with. He is too tiny. an ant of microscopic proportion. Stop insulting the office of the president my friend. Your partisan hatred is appalling!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by thelastPope(m): 8:44am On Jul 11, 2013
egift: Who should we accuse? Your town union chairman? Bros park well and stop following a zoo-keeper.

This is obviously how you insult your father at home! No proper home training...^**&%$£))!))!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by lakpalakpa: 8:50am On Jul 11, 2013
His evil deeds will trouble him for the rest of his life.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by fitzmayowa: 9:46am On Jul 11, 2013
Following

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 11, 2013
GEJ till 2019. Haters eat poo

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by gulfer: 9:48am On Jul 11, 2013
Who asked ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̶̲̥̅̊ this prepared defense
Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by dridowu: 9:54am On Jul 11, 2013
earthgreeners: Accuse me instead, cos na me wan chop 1.3 Billion naira food . olodo oshii
u b comedian ? U just made my day
@topic, politics is only interesting when their is presence of strong opposition, i think ds will gve d ruling parties more challenges to sit tight
Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by kingthreat(m): 9:55am On Jul 11, 2013
I believe you this time, Mr. Attack Dog..Woof! Woof!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by Ess: 9:56am On Jul 11, 2013
O-dupe or whatever ur name is..you dont need to tell us who is responsible and who is not, my grandchild still in his mother womb whom the mother is yet to be born also knows GEJ and PEJ are responsible 100%
QED!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by 1shortblackboy: 9:56am On Jul 11, 2013
am i surprised that the ACN is calling for the impeachment of the president over the the problems in Rivers state house f assembly ?...... NO! am i surprised that all these ignorant brainwashed haters on Nairaland are blaming Jonathan for the shameful way the members of the house were fighting like street touts ?.....NO! lipsrsealed undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by DeCleff(m): 9:59am On Jul 11, 2013
GEJ is the root of Rivers crisis because he's the commander in chief who gave his ministers power to instruct the IGP on what to do.

If GEJ is truly innocent of the crisis in Rivers state, let him warn all federal agencies to stop harassing Ameachi. So that Ameachi & Wike will battle themselves as a governor vs a minister then we'll know who is the man among them.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by Aromas: 10:00am On Jul 11, 2013
Doyin Okupe, I swear dis man get mouth, what do we xpct 4rm such a man like you who propagate on how 2 disterbalize OBJ gov't b4 BABA flush him out, now in GEJ gov't. Oga Jona shuld b careful wt dis pple o n morever are you (OKUPE) now telling us dat ur OGA no sabi anything? Common man don't fool us all we want b say make you na let peace reign 4 RIVER STATE n D COUNTRY @ large.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by Neaman(m): 10:02am On Jul 11, 2013
GEJ is the man, criticism is allowed.
Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 11, 2013
Jonathan obviously has a lot on his hands. I wouldn't wanna be in his shoes right now.

P.S: Get rid of all those house members and military men seen fighting each other with big sticks to the full glare of the masses. Immediate termination. At least that would show that someone is actually working.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by MightyThor(m): 10:04am On Jul 11, 2013
thelastPope:

Shut up my friend. What rubbish decorum. When you all go around running your mouth comparing a president of a country with a common governor, dont you know you deserve to be told the blatant truth? He is too small for the president to fight with. He is too tiny. an ant of microscopic proportion. Stop insulting the office of the president my friend. Your partisan hatred is appalling!
thelastPope:

This is obviously how you insult your father at home! No proper home training...^**&%$£))!))!

See your self? this is the problem with your type! you get carried away easily by your emotions. Get a grip man. there are ways to insult people and they will thank you for it.
You and your crew need to urgently out grow this teenage stage of just insulting people indiscriminately. Learn how to employ civility in your relation or argument with with others it will give you a better broader perspective on life. wink

For your information respect is a two way thing and both offices should be given their due respect to each other and avoid letting the press lead them into name calling like.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by 3ace(m): 10:06am On Jul 11, 2013
Even if they were responsible for the mayhem, would he publicly admit it? Amaechi don enter kasala. They will frustrate the hell out of him.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by Hamazz1: 10:09am On Jul 11, 2013
I don't expect anything less from a by chance leader he's suppose to prove that he's not party' to it by telling nigerians how he tried to reconcile ameachi n d jang faction as a sincere neutral leader but instead displayed injustice openly I don't blame okukpe his only doing his job by dodging d truth frm wht I c in this its forum its obvious that nigerians r not ready for a change prejudice has taken center stage in our minds n we continue to b lead by it there for gej all d way those at d top won't feel much of d heat anyway.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by GraphicsPlus(m): 10:15am On Jul 11, 2013
I so much love and respect this man called Doyin Okupe.
Watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbIrRHqZmRw

Long live Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
Long Live Federal Republic of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by Symphony007: 10:16am On Jul 11, 2013
I love president jonathan and if i were old enough, i would have voted for him in 2011, the reason i am so hard on him because of this ameachi saga is because he just blew it, he has given the opposition enough brass to jab him with.

I agree that ameachi is too small for jonathan but why did he allow his wife to go to port harcourt and openely berate the governor at the wedding of the man that is now causing problem in the state? Why did he have to involve himself in the NGF crisis by endorsing jang. Why did he have to host all anti ameachi PDP members at aso rock? You can't do all these then turn around to say you don't support any faction or have a hand in rivers crisis. Ameachi was never a threat to jonathan. Chibuike ameachi cannot make jonathan loose a single vote in a state that gave him the most votes in 2011. He should have just remained above all this noise. As the most senoir person in the country. As mr president, he and his wife should have maintained a stiff upper lip and watch ameachi and wike impload. But the way things are now, no amount of press release will stop the opposition from jabing him, the ordinary rivers man in port harcourt who does not follow politics like you and i does not know what is happening all he knows is jonathan, the man he voted for is causing trouble in his state. And at the end making the inconsequential ameachi, a small boy who some folks have never heard about to become the most popular niger delta politician. My president made a mistake and there is still a small window open to correct it.

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:17am On Jul 11, 2013
ACN/APC crew = Cry babies, criminals & ex-criminals, seeking power by all means.
GEJ/PDP crew = Opportunists, power abusers, criminals who were unjust to Nigerians. God gave them the chance to transform Nigeria for better but misused the chance.
Last Bullet: The saviour party is yet to come.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe by ideology(m): 10:22am On Jul 11, 2013
maybe he's not the one, but who could order the withdrawal of security attached to government house, they even removed the armoured tanks. only the state security service are the one protecting the government house

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Will Improve On Tuesday’s Screening – Dino Melaye / Reps To Consider Emergency Rule Extension On December 3 / Army Accuses PREMIUM TIMES Of Supporting Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.