Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,714 members, 7,851,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:29 PM

The Toughest Letter I've Ever Written - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Toughest Letter I've Ever Written (588 Views)

I've Come To Demolish Money Gospel In Nigeria - Kenyan Prophet / i / "Fighting" Father Dave Smith: The Toughest Priest On Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Toughest Letter I've Ever Written by mantraa: 8:31am On Jul 11, 2013
Dear Mom and Dad,

When I was a child I couldn't tell you this. I would never have even imagined saying it. I was never given the chance to object.

You took a 4 year old little boy and willingly taught him that he was a worthless sinner and could never be good without your religion. Then you didn’t just teach me that I was worthless, you told me that if I ever disagreed with what you were teaching me, I would burn forever in hell. Thanks for those adulthood nightmares, by the way.

The toughest part in saying all of this is that I know what you did, you did out of love, but all you left me with was guilt and fear, and you sent me out into the world to spread your message of Machiavellian love and fear.

The thing is, what you did to me was wrong. It was child abuse. It bleeped me up and left me not knowing who I really was at the age of thirty because I had never been allowed to find my own identity as a person and instead had been manipulated through fear tactics and psychological terror sold in a loving package delivered by the two people I trusted most.

How can I express this without hurting you? I doubt I can. I just wish you could see that despite all of this I still love you because I know that in spite of the negative results you were only doing what you had been programmed to do by your parents.

That cycle ends here. My children will be who they are and I will love them for it. They will be free to choose their own beliefs even if they are different than my own. Because a parent shouldn't conform a child to the dictates of some ancient book written by sadistic sociopaths in the desert thousands of years ago, they should set them on the path to self discovery so that they can grow up without the oppression of guilt for the crime of being born.

I’m sorry no one learned this lesson for you, and that hurts most of all.

Your son,

Timothy

http://mentalbrushfire..co.uk/2013/07/the-toughest-letter-ive-ever-written.html
Re: The Toughest Letter I've Ever Written by texanomaly(f): 4:08pm On Jul 11, 2013
wow...
Re: The Toughest Letter I've Ever Written by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 11, 2013
The human society was originally formed with the sole responsibility to educate the child. Without that education/socialization, there was no need for the formation of human society.
So if your parents had left you to discover yourself, they must have failed in the duty entrusted to them by society, And if you fail to socialize your children, it would be better you don't bring them into this crazy world.

You should be grateful you were not allowed to wallow, you would have known the difference.

1 Like

Re: The Toughest Letter I've Ever Written by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:55pm On Jul 11, 2013
No time for self pity. Now that you know better, you can tell your parents to go Bleep themselves. This cry cry will only make your situation worse. Look ahead, not back. Most parents (even you) make mistakes with their children. So get over it. You are a lucky one. Think of millions of your age mates that still wallow in religious ignorance.
Re: The Toughest Letter I've Ever Written by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 12, 2013
gregtochi: The human society was originally formed with the sole responsibility to educate the child. Without that education/socialization, there was no need for the formation of human society.
So if your parents had left you to discover yourself, they must have failed in the duty entrusted to them by society, And if you fail to socialize your children, it would be better you don't bring them into this crazy world.

You should be grateful you were not allowed to wallow, you would have known the difference.
I disagree. G.H Meads said that has children grow, either socialized or not, they become self conscious and they begin to pick out what it is right and what it is not by filtering different behaviors from actors of the society.

If as a child, we were fed religious garbage, when the child grows, he becomes angry when he already knows that those things are nonsense (self consciousness).

However, religion my be a greatest tool for social integration, but such tool is no longer working in this era now. It is expiring. So, I think the elites are pushing more technology kind agenda, that now fits in with today's culture, that conspiracy theorisyt labeled illuminati blah blah. I think a new religion of enlightenment is coming up, that will wipe all the primitive religions away and usher in a new world of knowledge and not hallucination. Of cos, people will rebel, just as they did when the Bible and Quran was being written. All these religion will b history.
Re: The Toughest Letter I've Ever Written by ninja4life(m): 11:09am On Jul 12, 2013
Hope i can have such courage in d future.lol
Re: The Toughest Letter I've Ever Written by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 12, 2013
solidbroda: I disagree. G.H Meads said that as children grow, either socialized or not, they become self conscious and they begin to pick out what it is right and what it is not by filtering different behaviors from actors of the society.

If as a child, we were fed religious garbage, when the child grows, he becomes angry when he already knows that those things are nonsense (self consciousness).
They become self conscious based on the realities of their society/environment. In a world where there are conflicting ideals, the child will definitely choose the ones that appeals to him, which may not be in tandem with acceptable societal norms.
We complain of miscreant, deviants, urchins, low-lives who specialize in making life miserable for other people. Perhaps, these are people who were allowed to discover themselves
Put it differently, why do you send your kids to school?, why not let them stay at home, eat and discover themselves?
Maybe, just maybe they will be the greatest minds to walk the earth.

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis / A Thread For Mass Servers / Muslim Convert Stirs Uproar In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.