Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness (30391 Views)

Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u / National Assembly Set To Take Over Rivers Assembly / Ex-militants Among Newly Elected Lawmakers In Rivers Assembly (2) (3) (4)

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by jmaine: 9:09pm On Jul 11, 2013
Abagworo:

Nothing will happen to Amaechi. If anything happens to him, then there will be a very deadly war.

With who and who ? undecided
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by naijatruth: 9:13pm On Jul 11, 2013
Cheap liar, decieve those that are not 4rm Rivers state not me. Who are d employed youths? where is d development? Is it d primary school buildings that hav been lingering since his 1st TENURE without accomplishment. Ok, it might be as he consider "FIGHT" as his 2nd Tenure project. Wht a wonderful development? Imgine, Bipi said...shoot him, Amaechi said...shoot me? wht is he doin there if i may ask? is he a security agent? Rubbish & some Assholes believe d nonsense. [quote author=Liveair]For y
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by donpope1(m): 9:17pm On Jul 11, 2013
duality:

Does it seem as if I'm taking sides? If you know "ALL" the issues not "SOME" state them and proffer solutions let me see.

What I stated was a solution for Amaechi. Believe me, this is the wisest solution. In fact, That is the ONLY solution. someone must do it this way. I think Amaechi should follow this route. I stated an example of my state. I'm not emotional when it comes to politics. However, human begins will always justify their actions, no matter what you say.

Believe me, Amaechi is the one to Stop this mess through dialogue.

We should Tell Amaechi the Truth for goodness sake! HE SHOULD CALL EVERY ONE TO A TABLE, TALK AND GET OUT OF PDP! HE CAN NOT BE IN PDP AND BE ROMANCING WITH THE OPPOSITION THE WAY HE IS DOING.

this is the truth unless you want to twist it.

how can I dialogue when am on a mission?
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Toktee(m): 9:22pm On Jul 11, 2013
naijatruth: Cheap liar, decieve those that are not 4rm Rivers state not me. Who are d employed youths? where is d development? Is it d primary school buildings that hav been lingering since his 1st TENURE without accomplishment. Ok, it might be as he consider "FIGHT" as his 2nd Tenure project. Wht a wonderful development? Imgine, Bipi said...shoot him, Amaechi said...shoot me? wht is he doin there if i may ask? is he a security agent? Rubbish & some Assholes believe d nonsense.
You cannot see the the development cos you are one of the thugs supporting Jonathan camp,the weed in your head iz too much for u to think straight,.......sorry o,if i offend you
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by NOLONGTIN1(m): 9:30pm On Jul 11, 2013
I need to see facts evidence to back ur(OP's) claim, you said CCTV captured it, then why isn't it on youtube? - Ameachi way like to they post videos online, never post the supposed CCTV images!!

Also, if you are not in Bayelsa, don't talk about issues you don't know about, i have spoken to 2 of my friends in Bayelsa(although that is a very small 'sample space') but i learnt that its outsiders that supports Ameachi (and ofcourse APC).

In my personal opinion, Ameachi is just capitalizing on Nigerian's emotion. But this public war he is try to create or fight will do him no good. No-one will lose sleep if/when he's impeached.

People compare His Supposed fight with GEJ with Tinubu and OBJ, but if he was as smart as Tinubu, he would know that fighting FG on the pages of Newspaper or Social media is fruitless
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by osarog: 9:35pm On Jul 11, 2013
Liveair: For your info, eye witnesses saw when the first drama started at 8.15am as the house was about to start sitting when Hon. Bipi came into the Chamber and attacked Hon. Lloyd unprovoked, using the camera Tripod stand to whip him severely. This was caught on the CCTV cameras.
Speaker, Hon. Amachree tried to intervene but saw as thugs supporting Hon. Bipi arrive at the gallery to aid the attacking Hon. Bipi. Hon. Lloyd 'had to escape.
Gov. Amaechi was informed of the chaos at the Assembly and so he decided to go there himself to calm things (afterall he is still the Chief Security Officer of the state).
Gov. Amaechi arrived with his security details after calling the Commissioner of Police to inform him of the Chaos. The CP confirmed this on Radio that Amaechi called him. On siting Amaechi, Hon. Bipi asked his supporters to shoot him (Gov. Amaechi).
On hearing this, Amaechi walked to him and asked, "shoot me?". Amaechi then asked his security to arrest him but the Hon. Bipi's security resisted it.
Meanwhile, earlier, when the Hon. Bipi and his people had driven the other members away, they held a quick session (about 9.50am) using a new mace to impeach the speaker Hon. Amachree and chose Hon. Bipi as new speaker.
When Hon. Lloyd saw a team of security support, he returned to the house Chamber and grabbed the new mace, using it to hit Hon. Ihunwo severely, retaliate the beating he had earlier received from the other faction members. Now, this was the video seen by many.
Eventually, the house security was restored and a sitting was made by about 22 members, where Deputy Gov. Ikuru came and submited a budget adjustment. At this time, Hon Bipi, tried desperately to return to the chamber with his thugs but was denied by Security at the entrance, even the Deputy Gov. attempted but failed to calm him. This was the other video where the Deputy Gov. was embracing Hon. Bipi to calm him. Hons. Lloyd and Ihunwo were taken to hospital from were Lloyd gave the interview.
The genesis of the crisis is the rift between Wike and Amaechi, which was worsened by the position of the first Lady on the Okrika Waterfront demolition.
Even a blind man knows Amaechi has greatly developed the state and employed lots of Rivers youth, the problem is the extreemly greedy elders of some areas if the state who feel Rivers state money must be shared. They prefer to eat the future of their children today. That's why all the 5 anti Amaechi law makers are from same Senatorial district.
Some have mentioned the Gov. as being arrogant but I keep asking what is the arrogance? That he said the Watersides MUST be demolished for school buildings?
That he destroyed the fences of houses in GRA to restore the master plans?
People cant even substantiate his sins to us.
It is becoming increasingly difficult to remove Amaechi so all parties must let peace reign now.

It seems u r close to Ameachi pls ask him what happened to Rivers state Neighborhood Watch?
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 11, 2013
naijatruth: Cheap liar, decieve those that are not 4rm Rivers state not me. Who are d employed youths? where is d development? Is it d primary school buildings that hav been lingering since his 1st TENURE without accomplishment. Ok, it might be as he consider "FIGHT" as his 2nd Tenure project. Wht a wonderful development? Imgine, Bipi said...shoot him, Amaechi said...shoot me? wht is he doin there if i may ask? is he a security agent? Rubbish & some Assholes believe d nonsense.
for outsiders like me the point is not whether Amaechi has done well in the state or not(that is for the ppl of rivers state to decide) but basic principles of democracy should be hold; 5 persons cant impeach a speaker in a house of 32 members, 16 persons cant produce a winner in an election involving 35 electorates
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by BabaTony: 11:10pm On Jul 11, 2013
Demdem:

Daft, do u now have a list of akpabios acheivement apart from roads. It's like the only thing the fool has done so far is that. grin

Tell that big idi..ot called fashola that he should stop approving substandard houses. btw one just fell again abi na your own. Killer governor approving killer houses, killer roads, killer schools and hospitals. My grandmother goat get sense pass am. grin grin
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by EngrChris(m): 3:19am On Jul 12, 2013
On this issue of Amaechi and jonathan. He Amaechi started the whole story or problem by going openly romancing a new party APC and others, declaring his interest without resigning from pdp. Now it make the brother, president and the party have misfeel'g where he is that made the party acted on him by suspend'g him, now it have escalated to his own house where few that saw his actions unsuitable are trying to impeach his speaker after that impeach him, that resulted to unexpected fight in the RSHA. pekin we say in mama no go sleep him no go sleep too. E.g, if you are in a company as a worker after you start telling people that you will be the manager or you will take over from your superior while your superior is still enjoy'g the post and don't think he will leave the position soon, what did you expect?. I remember what a prof told me that Ameachi has nothing to loose because his an Area boy. But put yourself into GEJ shoe if you are him. Amaechi should blame himself. His Party cannot come into this matter because of the suspension giving to him already. Pls let the truth stand tall. Apart from all Amaechi is my best governor compare to previous one in RS. Let's pray for our leaders, and God bless Nigeria.
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by seansifo(m): 3:28am On Jul 12, 2013
how may of dem die slf
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by senator2k9(m): 6:59am On Jul 12, 2013
duality: [b]
@ OP, I'm not from rivers state and not one of those who will take sides and keep going back and forth. However, I may agree with your post but I also saw a police office beating the Hon member in black suit "Hon. Ihunwo " That incident raises a lot of questions. Any one who is biased will not respond to that appropriately.

Now This is Rivers State we are talking about and Amaechi is the Governor. Honestly every body saw this coming. Do you think Amaechi has handled this things well or he has let things degenerate to this level so as to prove a point, gain sympathy or support from disgruntled politicians? I personally think that Amaechi would have managed things better but he deliberately wants to do it this way to see what will happen. "I mean amaechi himself can solve this problem but He just don't want to do it" Sentiments aside, Amaechi can call every body together today to a round table and this will be resolved. Honestly Amechi is not being wise irrespective of the support and sympathy he gets. There was a time in my state that the governor was hated and removed by the court(he had to go for a rerun) . People who hated him were all over; speaking as they like and heating up the polity. In fact, a popular elder in the state was openly against the governor and some folks were supporting the Elder. what did the governor do? he humbled himself never tried to show power with anyone. He met with the president with elders from all the senatorial district at Abuja and the issues were resolved. That is a wise leader.

Honestly, I will put the blame on Amaechi, because even at this point he can calm things down and resolve things But he will not do so because he has a point to prove. that makes him foolish. Amaechi is destroying his state; that will exist after him. This whole thing is political. He should stop his juvenile approach to issues and show his dexterity and sagacity as a leader. The resolution of all this issues depends on his show of humility and wisdom. WINSTON CHURCHILL said; It is better to jaw jaw than to war war.[/b]
u are a FOOL if u really want him to go n beg d president, this is why nigeria never goes forward. When there is no opposition, how wil things work?
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Demdem(m): 10:32am On Jul 12, 2013
BabaTony:

Tell that big idi..ot called fashola that he should stop approving substandard houses. btw one just fell again abi na your own. Killer governor approving killer houses, killer roads, killer schools and hospitals. My grandmother goat get sense pass am. grin grin

Am based here in PH. That's no news here on NL. Ekoile should be in a better position to deliver ur message. Better still, send me to another killer member, Amaechi.
Now that u know, kindly tell us what the fool in uyo has acheived all these years besides roads.
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by BabaTony: 11:37am On Jul 12, 2013
Demdem:

Am based here in PH. That's no news here on NL. Ekoile should be in a better position to deliver ur message. Better still, send me to another killer member, Amaechi.
Now that u know, kindly tell us what the fool in uyo has acheived all these years besides roads.

I don't need to tell you anything. If you are literate enough then take a trip and report to yourself.
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by otunba9ja: 11:42am On Jul 12, 2013
duality:
@ OP, I'm not from rivers state and not one of those who will take sides and keep going back and forth. Honestly Amechi is not being wise irrespective of the support and sympathy he gets.

Honestly, I will put the blame on Amaechi, because he has a point to prove. that makes him foolish. Amaechi is destroying his state; . He should stop his juvenile approach to issues and show his dexterity and sagacity as a leader. The resolution of all this issues depends on his show of humility and wisdom. WINSTON CHURCHILL said; It is better to jaw jaw than to war war.

Bros......you speak from both sides of your mouth.......what if the opposition insist on carrying out the script of the payers......[color=#000099][/color]
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Demdem(m): 11:53am On Jul 12, 2013
BabaTony:

I don't need to tell you anything. If you are literate enough then take a trip and report to yourself.

Illiterate, akwa ibom is close by here and av gone. All I see are good roads and nothing else.
Show us what the fool has been doing besides that. grin
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 12, 2013
Atleast he achievd d good roads ur yeroba villages sori town cudnt achieve and may neva will! Cuz all of u are from Lagos!!!
Demdem:

Illiterate, akwa ibom is close by here and av gone. All I see are good roads and nothing else.
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Demdem(m): 12:37pm On Jul 12, 2013
peppy luv: Atleast he achievd d good roads ur yeroba villages sori town cudnt achieve and may neva will! Cuz all of u are from Lagos!!!

Bigot, let's talk about Amaechi if u deem fit. That's were i am and what u can talk about.
By this are u agreeing with me that the fool Akpabio so far just built few roads and nothing else for the past 6 yrs or so? The goon is much more useless than I ever thought.
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by egariyi(f): 12:38pm On Jul 12, 2013
duality:

Does it seem as if I'm taking sides? If you know "ALL" the issues not "SOME" state them and proffer solutions let me see.

What I stated was a solution for Amaechi. Believe me, this is the wisest solution. In fact, That is the ONLY solution. someone must do it this way. I think Amaechi should follow this route. I stated an example of my state. I'm not emotional when it comes to politics. However, human begins will always justify their actions, no matter what you say.

Believe me, Amaechi is the one to Stop this mess through dialogue.

We should Tell Amaechi the Truth for goodness sake! HE SHOULD CALL EVERY ONE TO A TABLE, TALK AND GET OUT OF PDP! HE CAN NOT BE IN PDP AND BE ROMANCING WITH THE OPPOSITION THE WAY HE IS DOING.

this is the truth unless you want to twist it.

That is why Nigeria is the way it is today. Pampering evil instead of dealing with it according to the laws of the land. we prefer to shy away and take the approach of holier than thou! For once, we need Nigeria to move forward. Look at the so called elders. They were all in Odili's administration and they have refused to accept the fact that their time are over. They are all presently 'broke' and looking for ways to eat where they have not saw.

Check the wests, if you break the law no matter how highly placed, you will surely go for it. we have seen how ceos of conglomerate, A list actors/actresses, law makers etc sent to prison for breaking the laws. But in Nigeria, such are the so called 'elders' that we should call for a round table discussion!! your solution is laughable!

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by BabaTony: 12:46pm On Jul 12, 2013
Demdem:

You blind and confused illiterate are you back already?How did you cross eleme junction. grin grin.
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Demdem(m): 12:50pm On Jul 12, 2013
BabaTony:

You blind and confused illiterate are you back already?How did you cross eleme junction. grin grin.
Demdem:

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 12, 2013
Liveair: For your info, eye witnesses saw when the first drama started at 8.15am as the house was about to start sitting when Hon. Bipi came into the Chamber and attacked Hon. Lloyd unprovoked, using the camera Tripod stand to whip him severely. This was caught on the CCTV cameras.
Speaker, Hon. Amachree tried to intervene but saw as thugs supporting Hon. Bipi arrive at the gallery to aid the attacking Hon. Bipi. Hon. Lloyd 'had to escape.
Gov. Amaechi was informed of the chaos at the Assembly and so he decided to go there himself to calm things (afterall he is still the Chief Security Officer of the state).
Gov. Amaechi arrived with his security details after calling the Commissioner of Police to inform him of the Chaos. The CP confirmed this on Radio that Amaechi called him. On siting Amaechi, Hon. Bipi asked his supporters to shoot him (Gov. Amaechi).
On hearing this, Amaechi walked to him and asked, "shoot me?". Amaechi then asked his security to arrest him but the Hon. Bipi's security resisted it.
Meanwhile, earlier, when the Hon. Bipi and his people had driven the other members away, they held a quick session (about 9.50am) using a new mace to impeach the speaker Hon. Amachree and chose Hon. Bipi as new speaker.
When Hon. Lloyd saw a team of security support, he returned to the house Chamber and grabbed the new mace, using it to hit Hon. Ihunwo severely, retaliate the beating he had earlier received from the other faction members. Now, this was the video seen by many.
Eventually, the house security was restored and a sitting was made by about 22 members, where Deputy Gov. Ikuru came and submited a budget adjustment. At this time, Hon Bipi, tried desperately to return to the chamber with his thugs but was denied by Security at the entrance, even the Deputy Gov. attempted but failed to calm him. This was the other video where the Deputy Gov. was embracing Hon. Bipi to calm him. Hons. Lloyd and Ihunwo were taken to hospital from were Lloyd gave the interview.
The genesis of the crisis is the rift between Wike and Amaechi, which was worsened by the position of the first Lady on the Okrika Waterfront demolition.
Even a blind man knows Amaechi has greatly developed the state and employed lots of Rivers youth, the problem is the extreemly greedy elders of some areas if the state who feel Rivers state money must be shared. They prefer to eat the future of their children today. That's why all the 5 anti Amaechi law makers are from same Senatorial district.
Some have mentioned the Gov. as being arrogant but I keep asking what is the arrogance? That he said the Watersides MUST be demolished for school buildings?
It is becoming increasingly difficult to remove Amaechi so all parties must let peace reign now.

U re a very mad man op, pls don't come and misinform d populace here on rivers embroglio ddat u obviously know nothing about and bereft of n giving a biase and obnoxious view here will helpp no one.
Nonsense
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Dohak(m): 2:17pm On Jul 12, 2013
Any human being that supports a situation whereby 5 people will remove speaker of a house of assembly that has 32 members needs some spiritual and medical deliverance.In fact that person is an enemy of democracy. Whether you support Amaechi or not, it is most absurd to support brazen illegality under any guise.People who are against Amaechi should look for a civilised way to wrest power from him and stop laying siege on the state. The Rivers state commissioner of police has already truncated his career in the force. Whether anyone believes that or not is a matter of time. If all the present and past I.G's had behaved in this way when they were commissioners, they would not have risen to that level. Material gains are temporal but legacy remains forever.

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by DaJulee(f): 3:21pm On Jul 12, 2013
[/quote][/color]

Na wao....Nairaland Is taking sides tooo Who is the owner of this Stupid nairaland?
Giving us wrong information.
Gusssssssss....
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by jadina(f): 4:32pm On Jul 12, 2013
CCTV and/or NTA camera crew recorded the beating of Llyod...ok. what happened to the video? why has Chidi not provided it as proof that he was attacked first? i am assuming all those fights took place the same day. The "ATTACKED" Lloyd i saw on a hospital bed was looking a far cry from someone that was manhandled angry. something is not right here. angry sad lipsrsealed undecided
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by tpia5: 4:51pm On Jul 12, 2013
so what's the condition of the two injured now?
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 12, 2013
tpia@:
so what's the condition of the two injured now?

critical
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Vires: 7:39pm On Jul 12, 2013
Symphony's account is correct, and more detailed than the Op post
Unfortunately for Chidi Lloyd, it was when he was doing his beating that was caught on camera and not when he was initially attacked

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by ifeci: 12:59am On Jul 13, 2013
Raymondenyi:

U re a very mad man op, pls don't come and misinform d populace here on rivers embroglio ddat u obviously know nothing about and bereft of n giving a biase and obnoxious view here will helpp no one.
Nonsense

And ur point is? angry
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Nobody: 5:19am On Jul 13, 2013
duality: [b]
@ OP, I'm not from rivers state and not one of those who will take sides and keep going back and forth. However, I may agree with your post but I also saw a police office beating the Hon member in black suit "Hon. Ihunwo " That incident raises a lot of questions. Any one who is biased will not respond to that appropriately.

Now This is Rivers State we are talking about and Amaechi is the Governor. Honestly every body saw this coming. Do you think Amaechi has handled this things well or he has let things degenerate to this level so as to prove a point, gain sympathy or support from disgruntled politicians? I personally think that Amaechi would have managed things better but he deliberately wants to do it this way to see what will happen. "I mean amaechi himself can solve this problem but He just don't want to do it" Sentiments aside, Amaechi can call every body together today to a round table and this will be resolved. Honestly Amechi is not being wise irrespective of the support and sympathy he gets. There was a time in my state that the governor was hated and removed by the court(he had to go for a rerun) . People who hated him were all over; speaking as they like and heating up the polity. In fact, a popular elder in the state was openly against the governor and some folks were supporting the Elder. what did the governor do? he humbled himself never tried to show power with anyone. He met with the president with elders from all the senatorial district at Abuja and the issues were resolved. That is a wise leader.

Honestly, I will put the blame on Amaechi, because even at this point he can calm things down and resolve things But he will not do so because he has a point to prove. that makes him foolish. Amaechi is destroying his state; that will exist after him. This whole thing is political. He should stop his juvenile approach to issues and show his dexterity and sagacity as a leader. The resolution of all this issues depends on his show of humility and wisdom. WINSTON CHURCHILL said; It is better to jaw jaw than to war war.[/b]
Prove that you are not taking sides, and tell us if the President did the right thing by recognizing only a faction of the Governors Forum.
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Demdem(m): 5:26am On Jul 13, 2013
jadina: CCTV and/or NTA camera crew recorded the beating of Llyod...ok. what happened to the video? why has Chidi not provided it as proof that he was attacked first? i am assuming all those fights took place the same day. The "ATTACKED" Lloyd i saw on a hospital bed was looking a far cry from someone that was manhandled angry. something is not right here. angry sad lipsrsealed undecided

We have gone far beyond this stage. Right here ph NL is a video of Bipis bragging of how he punched Lloyd. Have u seen it?
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by bashydemy(m): 6:00am On Jul 13, 2013
funnyx:

Medicine after death abi undecided no be Naija we dey? If you fail to return fire for fire because you want to be civil you'll suffer like car tyres. Resign ko resign ni...

Singing:
You dey go your way the jeje way
Somebody come bring original trouble
You no talk you no act
You say you be gentleman
You go suffer
You go tire
You go quench
I no be gentleman like that
I no be gentleman at all oh.... cheesy grin
Wowww bro i doff hat jare and that should be in Fela's voice.
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Ikiriye(m): 7:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
let them kill themselves,this is a typical situation whereby dog chop dog.they all agreed to rig elections and now they all agree to fight.nigerians keep quiet let them kill themselves and leave the seat for more decent people rubbish

Pregnant Wife Of Police Sergeant Killed In Abuja (Photos) / Folasade Adeleke: My Father's Reaction To My 2nd Pregnancy Out Of Wedlock / Soldiers Raid Mosque In Kano, Arrest 10 Suspected Boko Haram Militants

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159