Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal (11997 Views)

N2.1bn Arms Money Scandal: What I Know About EFCC Probe Of Dokpesi — Lawyer / China And Russia Send Sophisticated War Weapons To Nigeria / Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by White007(m): 11:42am On Jul 11, 2013
China has agreed to give Nigeria a $1.1bn (£700m) low-interest loan to build much-needed infrastructure.

The deal was struck during Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan's meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping in Beijing on Wednesday.

The money would help build roads, airport terminals in four cities, and a light-rail line for Nigeria's capital.

China is investing heavily in Africa at it relies on it for oil and other natural resources.

Nigeria is Africa's biggest oil producer, but its infrastructure needs updating and most people live in poverty.

Mr Xi said both countries had been brought together by a common task of pursuing national development, AFP news agency reports.

"As a proverb of Nigeria reads: 'A man cannot sit down alone to plan for prosperity,'" he is quoted as saying.

Mr Jonathan is leading a business delegation on a four-day trip to China to boost ties between the two countries.

Chinese companies are already building roads across Nigeria in contracts worth $1.7bn.

China's demand for crude oil produced in Nigeria is expected to rise tenfold to 200,000 barrels a day by 2015, Nigerian officials said, AFP reports.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-23269004

4 Likes

Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
the new dawn of fresh air.
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 11, 2013
more chinko products to flood my beloveth country!!

1 Like

Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by kunlekunle: 12:20pm On Jul 11, 2013
whats this?

re-colonisation

2 Likes

Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by globalaid(m): 12:27pm On Jul 11, 2013
are you kidding me? 1.1 billon dollars on all this that was listed when lagos to Ibadan alone is going to gulp 168 billion naira

2 Likes

Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by kunlekunle: 12:32pm On Jul 11, 2013
globalaid: are you kidding me? 1.1 billon dollars on all this that was listed when lagos to Ibadan alone is going to gulp 168 billion naira

na the same amount.
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by White007(m): 1:37pm On Jul 11, 2013
I thought the loan was to be a $3billion soft loan? undecided undecided
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by aventura: 2:01pm On Jul 11, 2013
so Nigeria doesn't have a billion dollars undecided

1 Like

Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 11, 2013
Hope all Last
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by Sijo01(f): 2:07pm On Jul 11, 2013
Uncle Johan is working..........Oya, let the infrastructure begins.
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 11, 2013
WE'D BETTER START LEARNING CANTONESE THEN
CHU WA FU CHING CHONG
CHU HWA HIYYAAA!!!!

FUK DIS EYE JUST BEET MY TONG wink

3 Likes

Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by WackyJ1(m): 2:11pm On Jul 11, 2013
Why didn't Jona just go to Dangote?

5 Likes

Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by NSNA: 2:14pm On Jul 11, 2013
WackyJ1: Why didn't Jona just go to Dangote?
that business man will not take risk with is money on Nigerian thieves

3 Likes

Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 11, 2013
Jona and co. don hammer. Imagine the sharing formula. I only pity the generation that will pay back this money and accumulated interest. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by deandavid(m): 2:21pm On Jul 11, 2013
Jst 1billion? Aha watin we wan use dat small money do, Gej 4 collect like 200billion, complete this power wahala, transform our rail system, rebuilt our steel companies, set up new industries to produce nigerian made cars nd phones. Watin dy do dis our leaders sef

2 Likes

Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by TVTKOKO(m): 2:21pm On Jul 11, 2013
WackyJ1: Why didn't Jona just go to Dangote?
shey dem tel u say nahim born am?and FYI, Dangote deals with people of gud visions and missions
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by cecegorz(m): 2:24pm On Jul 11, 2013
I hope GEJ knows that a borrower is a slave to the lender.
We just keep mortgaging our future to all these countries.
What is $1b that we should be going cap in hands to borrow, with all the strings attached?
Just gather ten people out of all the officials that has been freely looting our money and put them under serious pressure, they will cough out more than that.

11 Likes

Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by taiocol: 2:26pm On Jul 11, 2013
hmmm. Niaja*china

3 Likes

Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 11, 2013
undecided undecided
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by bellong: 2:27pm On Jul 11, 2013
With the borrowed money for building infrastructures, Chinese companies will still be the same people that will be awarded the contract...

One step forward, giant steps backward..

1 Like

Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by taiocol: 2:27pm On Jul 11, 2013
cecegorz: I hope GEJ knows that a borrower is a slave to the lender.
We just keep mortgaging our future to all these countries.
What is $1b that we should be going cap in hands to borrow, with all the strings attached?
Just gather ten people out of all the officials that has been freely looting our money and put them under serious pressure, they will cough out more than that.
na obj or gej.

1 Like

Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 11, 2013
He would have contacted me. To late grin
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by tspun(m): 2:34pm On Jul 11, 2013
that is if we can feel the impact of the infrastruture the money will be used for.they should tacke the issue of power befor those other irrelevant aforemention point that they listed.
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by Rolingstone1(m): 2:35pm On Jul 11, 2013
GEJ is always making stupid mistakes. Who re his advisers?

1 Like

Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by nijanigga: 2:40pm On Jul 11, 2013
NSNA:
that business man will not take risk with is money on Nigerian thieves

Best answer so far. From that $1.1B over 70% will be wasted or looted.
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by nijanigga: 2:43pm On Jul 11, 2013
White007: China has agreed to give Nigeria a $1.1bn (£700m) low-interest loan to build much-needed infrastructure.

The deal was struck during Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan's meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping in Beijing on Wednesday.

The money would help build roads, airport terminals in four cities, and a light-rail line for Nigeria's capital.

China is investing heavily in Africa at it relies on it for oil and other natural resources.

Nigeria is Africa's biggest oil producer, but its infrastructure needs updating and most people live in poverty.

Mr Xi said both countries had been brought together by a common task of pursuing national development, AFP news agency reports.

"As a proverb of Nigeria reads: 'A man cannot sit down alone to plan for prosperity,'" he is quoted as saying.

Mr Jonathan is leading a business delegation on a four-day trip to China to boost ties between the two countries.

Chinese companies are already building roads across Nigeria in contracts worth $1.7bn.

China's demand for crude oil produced in Nigeria is expected to rise tenfold to 200,000 barrels a day by 2015, Nigerian officials said, AFP reports.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-23269004
Already, America is dumping Nigeria's oil, so China can dictate the price they want to buy from Nigeria.
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by otokx(m): 2:46pm On Jul 11, 2013
i thought it was $3bn they wanted.
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by yuzedo: 2:50pm On Jul 11, 2013
And Nigeria is giving China what exactly in return?! I am not talking about the terms on paper. Money Cost. Opportunity Cost. Bla bla bla. What price is Nigeria REALLY paying for this?
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by Standing5(m): 2:51pm On Jul 11, 2013
low interest laon! how low are we talking here?
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by phillycute(f): 2:54pm On Jul 11, 2013
Oloshi olori buruku ni awo wayray sah Ah oga o, may God help us in this country o!
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by supaeagles(m): 2:55pm On Jul 11, 2013
China : it's a low interest loan ...... but you to agree to import our high quality cars, our beef,
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by Truckpusher(m): 2:56pm On Jul 11, 2013
Most Nigerian youths don't even watch the news and follow-up events to understand agreements being entered by their govt and other govts and ask questions if they don't understand ,but would quickly comment showing their naivety with their unintelligent posts which makes me wonder why wouldn't the criminal elements in the govt continue to steal with impunity fully aware that an average Nigerian do not pay attention to details......smh

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SERAP Asks Commonwealth To Sanction Nigeria Over Twitter Ban, Repression / Incitement: Dickson Replies Sylva, Senator Degi Over Accusation / Mass Defection Hits APC In Adamawa, As Over 1,615 Members Join PDP, Meet Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.