Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,369 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal (12000 Views)

N2.1bn Arms Money Scandal: What I Know About EFCC Probe Of Dokpesi — Lawyer / China And Russia Send Sophisticated War Weapons To Nigeria / Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by Rhea(f): 4:42pm On Jul 11, 2013
[size=18pt]Abeg make dem bring the money come share militants. We need the money. Show me the money cheesy cheesy grin grin
Yeye[/size]
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 11, 2013
Nigerians can b enemies of themselves o! Babangida is rich. Why didnt he invest heavily in nigeria. We have rich people in nigeria who could invest heavily in nigeria but they wont. 1 person in nigeria can give this £700 million pounds but they wont. Anyway dont blame them, with d corrupt officials we have, the money will not be used for its purpose and the money they would lend may not be paid back to them. I pity nigeria. GOD help nigeria. Chinese people are 'worse' slave masters than u.s and u.k.
'GOD pity us and provide us money to pay back'. GOD Dont allow any senator or HOR member to chop the money abeg GOD. Later pple will say this senators ar gud because of d gay nonsense. They only knew dat if they try nonsense pple will stone them so they chose to do what they had to do to attract international hatred. so that when those ones start dealing with us by refusing certain aids to us, we (GOD 4bid sha) wil be the ones to shout we want it o! (wicked politicians) not that they are that religious, they are probably interestd in the foreign aids attachd to d nonsense and since they cant achieve their ungodly aim, they chose to pass their hypocritical bill. And poor nigerians without undastanding are applauding them not knwing what the ungodly pple are trying to do. My question is 'nigeria is a godly nation(to an extent 4 mouth sha) why spring it up to attract international condemnation? Why not shun it like the arab nations have done. Ofcourse if u do it there u may be killd. Every one knows d act is indescent and hated by GOD and is punishable by law. Why springing it up then? My dear nairalanders JESUS is coming soon the world is wrapping up. Just pray for your country while you are living and while He(KING JESUS CHRIST) tarries in his coming. I repeat chinese are worse slave masters than u.s and u.k
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 11, 2013
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
I don't usually insult pple,But,this is nonsense mistake from uncle Joe his wife alone is worth more than that amount,why didn't he borrow or take from her or even from himself'

I know for a fact dat jeg has over £3b to himself.my heart bleed for dat nation and her un born children.
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by PStacks(m): 5:01pm On Jul 11, 2013
All i know is that, Anybody that owes must pay.. To borrow is easy to pay back is hard, y can't we leave within our means! Cut ur coat according to your size..

A Debtor is always Slave to the Creditor.

Our leaders are not just eating our Present, they are also signing our future into Slavery.
Let them eat the one they can eat, and borrow the one Future generation must pay..

What says Nigeria shouldn't be the one Borrowing China? Why are we the Debtors? Why are we not the Creditors?
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 11, 2013
The money would help build roads, airport terminals in four cities, and a light-rail line for Nigeria's capital.
hope its true for the above purpose.
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by denzel12: 5:23pm On Jul 11, 2013
much needed infrastructure then china infrastructure
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by Truckpusher(m): 5:26pm On Jul 11, 2013
genosco: FOOL....INCASE U HAVENT REALISED. THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN IS BUSY LOOKING FOR FOOD TO EAT. OLODO

Being hungry doesn't make you stupid my friend.......btw ,why the name calling?

1 Like

Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 11, 2013
White007: China has agreed to give Nigeria a $1.1bn (£700m) low-interest loan to build much-needed infrastructure.

The deal was struck during Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan's meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping in Beijing on Wednesday.

The money would help build roads, airport terminals in four cities, and a light-rail line for Nigeria's capital.

China is investing heavily in Africa at it relies on it for oil and other natural resources.

Nigeria is Africa's biggest oil producer, but its infrastructure needs updating and most people live in poverty.

Mr Xi said both countries had been brought together by a common task of pursuing national development, AFP news agency reports.

"As a proverb of Nigeria reads: 'A man cannot sit down alone to plan for prosperity,'" he is quoted as saying.

Mr Jonathan is leading a business delegation on a four-day trip to China to boost ties between the two countries.

Chinese companies are already building roads across Nigeria in contracts worth $1.7bn.

China's demand for crude oil produced in Nigeria is expected to rise tenfold to 200,000 barrels a day by 2015, Nigerian officials said, AFP reports.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-23269004

2015 slush fund.
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by ImpactWorld(m): 6:08pm On Jul 11, 2013
It is a pity that many of my country men are ignorant of many basic issues.
How can we ever correct this trend?
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by oubi: 6:23pm On Jul 11, 2013
Truckpusher: Most Nigerian youths don't even watch the news and follow-up events to understand agreements being entered by their govt and other govts and ask questions if they don't understand ,but would quickly comment showing their naivety with their unintelligent posts which makes me wonder why wouldn't the criminal elements in the govt continue to steal with impunity fully aware that an average Nigerian do not pay attention to details......smh

I actually wish to hear you or collumbia's view on this issue.
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by indianin9ja(m): 6:40pm On Jul 11, 2013
Never trust China. Chinese-built things never last and are of poor quality and taste. Chinese are here to take advantage of you, not to help you.

We Indians, on the other hand, do business in Nigeria by settling in Nigeria and over time, become Nigerians ourselves. We make our investments indigenous and keep the profits here, unlike Chinese, Lebanese, British, or Americans.

GEJ should go to New Delhi instead. India also needs Nigerian oil. China cannot be trusted as a partner.
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by Gamesmart: 6:44pm On Jul 11, 2013
We are borrowing money (£700m) and putting future generations in debt and servitude while Patience Jonathan is using our current money to build £16m talking-house for useless First Ladies instead of infrastructure for the people.

Lunatic family of Jonathans!
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by rhames(m): 6:45pm On Jul 11, 2013
From Paris club to China club,It is still the same old fraud: Economic and political slavery.

1 Like

Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by babe2011(f): 6:53pm On Jul 11, 2013
indianin9ja: Never trust China. Chinese-built things never last and are of poor quality and taste. Chinese are here to take advantage of you, not to help you.

We Indians, on the other hand, do business in Nigeria by settling in Nigeria and over time, become Nigerians ourselves. We make our investments indigenous and keep the profits here, unlike Chinese, Lebanese, British, or Americans.

GEJ should go to New Delhi instead. India also needs Nigerian oil. China cannot be trusted as a partner.
is a lie some chinese product are not fake if u want original they do it for you.

1 Like

Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by babe2011(f): 7:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
Babzilla: WE'D BETTER START LEARNING CANTONESE THEN
CHU WA FU CHING CHONG
CHU HWA HIYYAAA!!!!

FUK DIS EYE JUST BEET MY TONG wink

cantonese is not hard to learn I can teach you. Dis is me in china when I went to represent nigeria
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by Babaji111(m): 7:52pm On Jul 11, 2013
Sijo01: Uncle Johan is working..........Oya, let the infrastructure begins.
Working or busy taking loans?
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by kachi04(m): 7:55pm On Jul 11, 2013
Na d same story. If una see any development make una tank God. But as for me, NA WASH
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by Babaji111(m): 7:59pm On Jul 11, 2013
Nigeria is full of funny government officials...budgeting Trillions of Naira and borrowing $1.1b in mid-year! No result, no money, no question, no answer!
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by blackbeau1(f): 8:55pm On Jul 11, 2013
We keep hearing about Infrastructures that we need but we are yet to see.we were told that we had to give up subsidy for infrastructure.yet till today,we are yet to see 'the so called infrastructure and now here he is again,borrowing money for something that won't work.
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by chugzy(m): 9:35pm On Jul 11, 2013
WackyJ1: Why didn't Jona just go to Dangote?
he wud have met me 2 give him 10x d borrowed sum without interest because dangote already knows d sharing ratio.
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by Kei144(m): 9:43pm On Jul 11, 2013
Average IQ of Nigerians is 67!
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by sonymerlot: 10:43pm On Jul 11, 2013
I just hope all these Nigerian Govt officials understand all the FINE PRINTS in the contract they just signed undecided .With language barriers, i doubt if we stand to gain anything in the long run. US and UK still appears to be a good country to deal with in terms of language. However, going as far as Cantonese and Mandarin embarassed.....all i can say is there is fire on the mountain!
Just thinking, can any Nigerian even speak these Cantonese or Mandarin language It is not even part of the curriculum unlike use of English and perhaps French language.

Trust me, all the so called Government official that went with Jonathan to China can not say a single word in Chinese dem language. The whole thing was perhaps done in translation..... only God knows how much they refused to translate for better understanding.........and it beats me how you can sign yourself away in such a manner. China will never do that.....they will bring thier own people (trusted o) that can speak queens English if they ever find themselves in a situation to negotiate with Nigeria on our own soil.

Just looking at the pictures from the so called reception yesterday.......imagine, they even had a FULL CHINESE...YES, Complete Chinese in our Nigerian Army uniform protecting our own dear President Jonathan How come this Chinese guy happened to be on our presidential detail Even, the Almighty America did not treat us this way......even England undecided ...This says a lot about the NEW relationship between Nigeria and China.
Kai, we don suffer no be small

1 Like

Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by inice(m): 10:56pm On Jul 11, 2013
Oh beautiful! Hw it feels to entrust ur child to a lion or ur sweet bone to a dog. What a wonderful experience." .....to build INFRACTURE..." I just de laugh.
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by thoth: 3:53am On Jul 12, 2013
there is a lot attached to this loan, every developed country knows that Nigerian leaders are extremely corrupt and ignorant, so they always approach them for this sort of deals, the political elites does not care about the nation they are selling out, they just care about their own greedy selfish interest.

People should ask what is attached to all these borrowing, Nigeria and china sign $1.1bn dollar deal...what kind of deal ? does the deal include that :

[size=16pt]Nigeria would hand over its 4 airports to china,
Nigeria would award china more than $1.8bn contracts and let china decide the standards and inspection
Nigeria would remove restriction and some declared Chinese products.
Nigeria would create tax heaven and holidays for Chinese companies operating in Nigeria and allow them to transfer the millions they make here back to china without any restrictions(the texts were complex i have not fully understood it myself
)[/size]

there are more to this, please we should do something, the nation has been sold in bits to many countries,Britain,South Africa, united states of America,Israel, china and Germany. Nigerians don't own anything anymore in their own country, that means that whatever we do, we are paying a foreign country and the money is going out of our country and never coming back.

Our sea ports, air ports, national security,voting, national identification program, construction, Oil and Gas, Banks are all under Foreign Occupation, what is really ours in this country?

2 Likes

Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by thoth: 3:56am On Jul 12, 2013
babe2011: cantonese is not hard to learn I can teach you. Dis is me in china when I went to represent nigeria
if you know what that Chinese girl thinks about you , you will never show off a picture with her to anyone. i speak and write good mandarin.
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by babe2011(f): 5:04am On Jul 12, 2013
thoth:
if you know what that Chinese girl thinks about you , you will never show off a picture with her to anyone. i speak and write good mandarin.
well I didn't show her for negativity sir .the pic is also on one of their website thank u sir
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by thoth: 7:08am On Jul 12, 2013
babe2011: well I didn't show her for negativity sir .the pic is also on one of their website thank u sir
Be realistic.
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 12, 2013
babe2011: cantonese is not hard to learn I can teach you. Dis is me in china when I went to represent nigeria

ID BE GLAD IF U COULD ALSO HOOK ME UP WITH UR FRIEND IN THE RED DRESS
SMOKING! wink
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by Btruth: 9:44am On Jul 12, 2013
White007: I thought the loan was to be a $3billion soft loan? undecided undecided

So I thought too my brother. Per adventure, they are taking $1.1 billion for the nation, & $1.9 billion for themselves. God will help us from this our so self-impose Pharaoh in Nigeria.
Re: China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal by WinkWrld: 10:46am On Jul 12, 2013
GEJ has got the amount needed for 2015 election. Very smart of the finance woman. No disturbance in our budget while our debt increases. Salaries will not be disrupted, while GEJ is spending on campaign. NO HOPE FOR NIGERIA. If he really means well for the country, why collect the money when the construction firms are in china, he should just sign the contract papers let the china government pay the contractors and we would be sure of finished projects. Especially 247 electricity and the rail. Let the investors be paid directly from china. We cannot be deceived.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Northerners Tackle Education: Unveiling BAZE University, Abuja. / 2000 Delegates Storm Lagos For African Action Congress (AAC) National Convention / Incitement: Dickson Replies Sylva, Senator Degi Over Accusation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.