Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,951 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Fg Contemplates Engaging Nysc In Agriculture? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Fg Contemplates Engaging Nysc In Agriculture? (854 Views)

Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme (YEAP) / What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? / Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Contemplates Engaging Nysc In Agriculture? by obiem(m): 2:55pm On May 20, 2008
I heard it in the news and was aplop with laughter! it may look like serious, but to me it's kinda funny. I thank God that i'm through with service. Questions wiil be asked after govt resumes contemplation but for now, let's watch and see.
Re: Fg Contemplates Engaging Nysc In Agriculture? by romeo(m): 5:37pm On May 20, 2008
yes oooo!! all those graduates are not better than village farmers tongue
Re: Fg Contemplates Engaging Nysc In Agriculture? by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On May 20, 2008
Oh My, I was under the impression that it was already part of the NYSC program, I mean to have some of the Corpers work on farms and what nots. I figured that all Agricultural sciences graduates would at least be posted to areas where they could acquire skills in agriculture to help them with base experience. What in the world were they doing before then??
Re: Fg Contemplates Engaging Nysc In Agriculture? by Blatant: 1:56pm On May 21, 2008
It was part of the programme, except it's recently been removed.

It was definitely part of the programme when I did my Youth Service
Re: Fg Contemplates Engaging Nysc In Agriculture? by texazzpete(m): 4:32pm On May 21, 2008
Except it's mechanized farming, this idea is extremely silly.

This same government will later come round to lament the poor quality of Nigerian graduates, when they disrupt people's learning processes with menial jobs.

From a noble scheme for integration and unity to a cheap source of labour.

(1) (Reply)

Clearance Sales For 48 Chicken And Turkey Egg Incubator / Cheap Tractor Deals C&F Lagos / Urgent!! Urgent!!! Large Quantity Of Cocoa Is Needed Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.