Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,005 members, 7,849,060 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 02:02 PM

The Purpose Of His 1st Coming - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Purpose Of His 1st Coming (439 Views)

The Duration Of Courtship And Purpose Of Courtship In Christian Marriage. / Mazaje, State The Purpose Of Your Life! / The Purpose of Life (why were we created?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Purpose Of His 1st Coming by Alylola: 3:14pm On Jul 11, 2013
John 12:47 says: “If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world."

while Matthiew 10 says:

34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household."

Both verses are words from Jesus where he tells of the purpose of his coming on earth or in the world; unless there is a difference between "world" and "earth" I would like to ask why the 2 purposes are opposite??
If we take the first verse (John 12:47 above) Jesus states that he has not come to judge the world but to save it; this suggests that Jesus has come to do good deeds and to bring peace among men; and that what he has shown by healing and feeding thousands; with these words, anyone will think that Jesus is a man of peace and love;
Now, looking at the other verses( Matthew 10:34-36) Jesus states that he has not come to bring peace, rather, he has come to put division among men, among members of a family; We know that a family is the foundation of the society and even in the kingdom of God, family members need to live in peace; Did Jesus really utter these words? has anyone has an idea of any positive thing that can come out of that division in the family? let remember that Jesus is talking here to his disciples and to the people who have come to listen to him, this supposes that the division will occur in the families of the people who come closer to him ... is this a good thing?

(1) (Reply)

Does God Want Us To Suffer? / The Standard Of Jehovah Kingdom / Consumers Lament As Ramadan Pushes Up Food Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.