Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,047 members, 7,849,234 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:52 PM

Gates Foundation To Establish Biotech Lab In Nigeria - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Gates Foundation To Establish Biotech Lab In Nigeria (684 Views)

See The Lizard With Funny Tail I Saw Close To My Lab, Today. / Miniature 'human Brain' Grown In Lab / Setting Up A Plant Biotech And Genetic Conservation Company In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gates Foundation To Establish Biotech Lab In Nigeria by koderNeptune(m): 5:25pm On Jul 11, 2013
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
plans to establish a biotechnology lab in
Nigeria which will help improve the
countries biotechnology capacity for crop. improvement. This was revealed by Professor Ivan Ingelbrecht of Ghent
University, Belgium, who visited the country on behalf of the Gates.

Foundation met with the Nigerian
Minister of Science and Technology,
Professor Ita Okon Bassey Ewa.
“My mission in Nigeria as mandated by
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is to
see the possibilities of empowering
Nigeria:. the National Systems,Programmes in Nigeria, to have the
capacity to use biotechnology laboratory
technologies for crop improvement,” he
said.

According to him, “the idea is to
empower national programmes in Africa,
and Nigeria specifically to train people
on how to use facilities, so that they can
produce these crops independently and
Nigerians can have the capacity to decide on how to use these technologies in consideration of National
regulatory system.”

www.hi-cloud..com/2013/07/gates-foundation-to-establish-biotech.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Spectranet Launches 1st 4g Lte In Nigeria. / Can I Write 640-802 Ccna Exam Now-please Help. / NNPC Is Recruiting Worker's To Apply For Your Form Call Mr Kayode 08132437616

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.