Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Nigerian Students In South Africa...How Do You Survive? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In South Africa...How Do You Survive? (4896 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Students In South Africa...How Do You Survive? by sunky644(m): 7:12pm On Jul 11, 2013
Hello my fellow nairalanders, I know there are quite a number of Nigerian students in South Africa there for undergraduate and graduate programs. Having gone through some of their universities, I discovered they have higher ratings than most Nigerian universities. An information gathered from a friend says that one can get through a PhD program with just a million naira (I don't know how far that is true). I will want my fellow Nigerians to share their experience and enlighten some of us about living and studying in this country where we are told that South Africans are hostile towards Nigerians. Please, I don't mind giving it a shot by going there for my PhD (which one will most likely finish and bag the degree within a space of three years) if there are positive reactions and get convincing information. Waiting to hear meaningful contributions from my fellow Nigerians over there...
Re: Nigerian Students In South Africa...How Do You Survive? by Godson201333(m): 7:04am On Jul 12, 2013
why go to South Africa to study when there are some nice cheaper countries?A country where Nigerians are being killed everyday,No job abi che you wire wire ni?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In South Africa...How Do You Survive? by sunky644(m): 6:55pm On Jul 12, 2013
Godson201333: why go to South Africa to study when there are some nice cheaper countries?A country where Nigerians are being killed everyday,No job abi che you wire wire ni?
Thanks for your contribution though, but I want to believe the most of the Nigerians that lost their lives on South Africa must ve in one way or the other not cut their coat according to their cloth. I am going to study and nothing else, moreso it's a PhD program which is strictly research based. What I actually need is
1. To study in a highly rated university (among the best 500 in the world).
2. Get quality education and bag the degree between two and a half to three and a half years.
3. Study somewhere not too far away from home.
4. Above all to ensure my spending (ticket, tuition and living expenses) is between one to two million naira.
Please, if you have a better country don't hesitate to say it here for other people to benefit or better still create another thread on the information you have as I wouldn't want this thread to be derailed. Once again, thanks for your contribution and I am looking to hearing/reading more from you.
Re: Nigerian Students In South Africa...How Do You Survive? by Godson201333(m): 8:45pm On Jul 12, 2013
sunky644:
Thanks for your contribution though, but I want to believe the most of the Nigerians that lost their lives on South Africa must ve in one way or the other not cut their coat according to their cloth. I am going to study and nothing else, moreso it's a PhD program which is strictly research based. What I actually need is
1. To study in a highly rated university (among the best 500 in the world).
2. Get quality education and bag the degree between two and a half to three and a half years.
3. Study somewhere not too far away from home.
4. Above all to ensure my spending (ticket, tuition and living expenses) is between one to two million naira.
Please, if you have a better country don't hesitate to say it here for other people to benefit or better still create another thread on the information you have as I wouldn't want this thread to be derailed. Once again, thanks for your contribution and I am looking to hearing/reading more from you.

I would have suggest Europe for you but you might need a budget of over 2 mil for your dream to come through there....
Re: Nigerian Students In South Africa...How Do You Survive? by sunky644(m): 10:42pm On Jul 12, 2013
Godson201333:

I would have suggest Europe for you but you might need a budget of over 2 mil for your dream to come through there....
Even Germany and Finland that is free tuition will still cost me nothing less than 2.2million naira to start with. So for now, South Africa is still the best bet.
Guys, I am still waiting for you to share your experience.
Re: Nigerian Students In South Africa...How Do You Survive? by talk2tosep(m): 1:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
undecided
Godson201333: why go to South Africa to study when there are some nice cheaper countries?A country where Nigerians are being killed everyday,No job abi che you wire wire ni?
Re: Nigerian Students In South Africa...How Do You Survive? by sunky644(m): 7:06pm On Jul 13, 2013
talk2tosep: undecided
Why the funny face? Going through your profile I can see you once lived in South Africa, can you please share your experience?

(1) (Reply)

Zimbabwe VISA Application Enquiry / Welcome To Russia / Portuguese Embassy In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.