Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Where have you been in Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where have you been in Nigeria? (4831 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where have you been in Nigeria? by Allenpowered(m): 9:50am On May 23, 2005
I have been to a lot of places and the variety in Nigeria is great.

I can't say where exactly is the best place I've been, but I think I like Kaduna and Owerri a lot.Eket beach is a nice place to picnic.

I did not enjoy my brief stay in Onitsha...

So where have you been and which places do you encourage people to visit in Nigeria?
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by Hunter(m): 1:32pm On May 23, 2005
I have been to Lagos and Eket that's all, Eket beach doesn't look safe to swim in though (looks like a few rips) :/
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 23, 2005
I love travelling around naija. I've been around the east, Owerri,Okigwe,Aba, Enugu,Onitsha and off course my home town Umuahia. The beauty is that u get to see the little towns as you pass through. This is especially the case when travelling in the northern regions. Like I've been to Abuja and I love passing through Lokoja ( I think thats how its spelled)l. I've memories from when I was little and we got stuck at Aja Ejule junction, just a couple of hours from Lokoja.I've been to Kaduna and I would love to visit Jos ( I've heard nice things about the place). However, Lagos doesn't do it for me, the place is just way to crowded. That's one place that I'd prefer to visit less!
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by Allenpowered(m): 2:33pm On May 23, 2005
Eket is not 100% safe to swim in when the tide comes up.When there is high tide(which seems to be often) one is advised not to swim against the tide, but swim with the tide.You may be sucked in tongue
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by Greatpeter(m): 9:17pm On May 23, 2005
I have been to Jos, Very cold though but interesting. I visited Zoo and museum.

Currently residing in Port Harcourt.

The only places in Nigeria I can't go are Zanfara and Kano because of the zero tolerance they have for Christianity. I can't allow them to frame me with their Sharia of a thing.
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by Hunter(m): 10:54pm On May 23, 2005
Better cross Kano and Zanfara off my list tongue

My what's very cold for nigeria?
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by Ka: 11:07pm On May 23, 2005
Greatpeter:

The only places in Nigeria I can't go are Zanfara and Kano because of the zero tolerance they have for Christianity.  I can't allow them to frame me with their [I]Sharia[/I] of a thing.

You're sure you're not letting the hype get to you?

I can't think about how a Christian would fall foul of Sharia law, anyhow.

Back to the topic, having spent my NYSC year in Jos, I can heartily recommend it for the pure beauty of the scenery that surrounds the town.
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by Allenpowered(m): 8:54am On May 24, 2005
hmmmmmm!I've never been to Zamfara, but i have some friends whose NYSC are there and they tell me the sharia thing is highly over rated(except for those of us who can't do without alchohol, then you have to go to the Army barracks).I have been to Kano and well where I stayed(Sabo) was as free as anywhere in ph.
I'm currently in Port-Harcourt, and well PH is ok, if you have alot off doughto burn...or Greatpeter don't you think so?
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by mamba(m): 12:06pm On May 24, 2005
Allenpowered:

hmmmmmm!I've never been to Zamfara
Hope you didn't come back with short sleeve grin
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by Allenpowered(m): 3:47pm On May 24, 2005
i've not been there...thank u!
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 25, 2005
Allenpowered:

hmmmmmm!I've never been to Zamfara, but I have some friends whose NYSC are there and they tell me the [I]sharia [/I] thing is highly over rated(except for those of us who can't do without alchohol, then you have to go to the Army barracks

i'm glad to hear this. things in Naija always have the tendency to be overated. well for me the Nigeria i know consists of Abuja, Lagos, Enugu, Anambra and Kogi. not too bad abi?
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by tayotina(f): 6:31pm On May 26, 2005
Hmm, lets see, av been to Akwa-Ibom, Akura, Ibadan and may be Lagos. Anyway I live in Ogun State.
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by Seun(m): 9:29pm On May 26, 2005
Abeokuta, Ijebu-Ode, Ijebu-igbo, Sango Ota, Lagos, Kaduna, Benin, Ilorin, Ilesha, Ibadan, Ewekoro, ... and I currently live in Ogun State, too grin
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by chawkee(m): 11:26am On May 27, 2005
How far Allenpowered, where have you really been to in Nigeria? Nigeria is a vast and wide country that you can't just sit down and make conclusions. Though Onitsha might be rough and look uninhabitable, it doesn't mean that it is the original citizens of Onitsha that made it the chaos city that it is. If you really want to see Nigeria inside out, travel with the railways.

Start from Iddo in lagos, to Ibadan, to Offa in Kwara, to Lokoja in Kogi (remember that was were Mungo Park discovered the confluence of river Niger), to Zungeru in Niger (the birth place of a notable political icon in African politics), to Zaria in Kaduna and then to Kano. Then you will know that Niger is wide.

Or, is it when you travel from Lag to Imo by road, waoh, so many communities. Therefore Allen, if you really want to know Nigeria first hand, take a one month vacation and travel from west to east, from east to north, from north to south and back to west, then, you will get to know that Nigeria was not originally created to be one. grin. Charl.
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by Allenpowered(m): 9:08am On May 31, 2005
well i actually stay in lokoja chawkee!i have stayed in abuja(schooled also in a place called bwari-where the JAMB and law school is), i had a staying stint in kaduna of about a year(post sec schoool) and i used to shuttle between and kano...i school in ibadan...my internship is in PH, i travel to owerri most every weekend for the past 6 months...i go to enugu occasionally...been to minna ...unfortunately i have no tbeen to maiduguri or zungeru...but i have been to jos and bauchi grin grin.

travelling should be a hobby, u don't have to take a whole month vac cheesy, maybe during weekendsjust start off for a place you've never been and have some fun...its refreshing
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by whizkid(f): 10:01am On May 31, 2005
Let's see, where these legs have taken me, Benue, Akure, Agbor, Warri, Benin, Abuja, Asaba, Jos, Ibadan, Kwale, Onitsha, Awka, Enugu, Abagana, these I remember now. I stay in Lagos and believe me even with the hustle and bustle, I cannot imagine myself staying in any other part of Nigeria grin.
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by dafman(m): 11:22am On Jun 09, 2005
I've stayed in a number of cities in nigeria, stayed in portharcourt, Lagos, Jos, benin, warri,asaba, abuja , bauchi..never really been to the east...but out of all the places ph does it for me in naija
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by Allenpowered(m): 11:36am On Jun 09, 2005
man I'm in PH and well its ok...but I think I like the good old Lagos...Ibadan too..life is easier
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by love4ever(f): 12:08pm On Jun 09, 2005
I love traveling or being Abia and Abuja.
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by IAH(f): 6:08pm On Jun 09, 2005
I've been to Osun State(where I used to live.), Oyo, Lagos, Ogun, Kwara, Kogi and Abuja. Abuja is the best place to be!!!
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by hotpikin(f): 7:55pm On Jun 09, 2005
Abia, Owerri 'n Onitsha
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by obong(m): 6:05pm On Jun 13, 2005
Hidden_Hunter:

Better cross Kano and Zanfara off my list tongue

My what's very cold for nigeria?

Obudu, the highlands, gets down to 5 degrees celcius so i'm assuming Jos is in that range
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by obong(m): 6:06pm On Jun 13, 2005
Hidden_Hunter:

I have been to Lagos and Eket that's all, Eket beach doesn't look safe to swim in though (looks like a few rips) :/

Would the Eket beach be suitable for surfing?
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by Allenpowered(m): 10:02am On Jun 14, 2005
Nah! Eket is not good enough for surfing...waves not high enough.Too bad...
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by bolasho(m): 11:15am On Jun 14, 2005
My legs been to Abeokuta, Sagamu, Ijebu Ode/Igbo, Ilaro, Abuja, Bauchi (was young though), Ibadan, Ado, Nassarawa and Niger State.
I wish i will be able to get to go to the east soonest
Am a full Lagos guy but only out to those place, I will prefer to settle down in Abeokuta - its a cool place (i had my Polytechnic Education there)
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by obong(m): 3:39am On Jun 15, 2005
Allenpowered:

Nah! Eket is not good enough for surfing...waves not high enough.Too bad...

so is there anywhere innigeria good for surfing?
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by hotangel2(f): 7:35am On Jun 22, 2005
oops, i have been to some really nice places in Nigeria.

Abuja, Lagos, Jos, Gombe (I love the NUNU (or is it nono), some kind of cow milk.very sweet.)

Those are the places i have been in lagos. Places i stayed for like weeks or days. But for places i had to pass through and stay for some hours or just a night, i have been to :

Ibadan, owerri, port harcourth, kaduna, and kano.
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by hopy2005(f): 3:00pm On Jul 18, 2005
me, i'm not too good in traveling, but anyhow sha, I've stayed in lagos, visited owerri imo state, being to ugwuta lake, buguma, umuahia and finally, PortHarcourt which is my residencia area.

uu nna well doneooo!!!
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by bioye(m): 7:33pm On Aug 04, 2005
i've been to[b] Abeokuta[/b], Ogun State where I grew up, Lagos, where i live, Ibadan, Abuja and Kano. Sharia has presence mainly in Kano town. But people are free enough in other towns. would really love to find time to travel all over the country..
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by maybach(m): 3:22pm On Aug 06, 2005
Lagos (base camp), Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano, Kaduna, Ibadan, Maiduguri, Asaba/Onitsha, Benin City...

I liked most Abuja and Kaduna, nice and quiet but somehow, for some reason... despite the traffic, LASTMA, smoke, noise... just Lagos feels like home.

I regret that most of the time I traveled for work and I didn't have enough time to really visit more in these cities... hope I will change that. Hope to get to Jos soon, Heard is really nice... What is to be seen there? Where can you lodge in Jos?
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by hopy2005(f): 3:33pm On Aug 12, 2005
anyways,
I have being to Abuja sheraton hotel.
Re: Where have you been in Nigeria? by Bibi(m): 7:00pm On Aug 13, 2005
hmmm, where have I been..welllll...hmmmmm..

Ok Ive been so many places in the east and west. I have never crossed the Niger or Benue to the North neither have I been to Abuja.

I can remember Lagos, Ibadan, Abeokuta, Ijebu Ode, Oyo, Ogbomoso, Oshogbo, Ife, Ilesha, Akure, Ilorin, Benin, Ajaokuta, Warri, Onisha, Enugu, Awka, Owerri, Abakaliki, Ogoja, Calarba, Uyo, Ondo, Otukpo, ....and the little towns and villages in the East and West.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Voided Green Card Winners Sue State Department / Where Can I Get Yellow Fever Certificate In Port Harcourt / French Visa Application Successful?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.