Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (523318 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Danielkupiejo: 9:01am On Jan 05, 2021
Pls I just observed that my car is burning oil. Pls what oil can I use that it won't burn in my car. I currently use forte oil visco 2000. It shorts oil whenever I travel pls what's the best oil to use for my Honda Accord 2012 model
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by froshbuddy: 2:15pm On Jan 05, 2021
Gazz don reply you for the other thread. You can try the PCV stunt too.
Danielkupiejo:
Pls I just observed that my car is burning oil. Pls what oil can I use that it won't burn in my car. I currently use forte oil visco 2000. It shorts oil whenever I travel pls what's the best oil to use for my Honda Accord 2012 model
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Danielkupiejo: 2:37pm On Jan 05, 2021
I'm thinking to try the pcv valve cause the engine sounds well and it doesn't smoke.
froshbuddy:
Gazz don reply you for the other thread. You can try the PCV stunt too.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by DavictimIsDope(m): 8:38pm On Jan 05, 2021
murphyonline:
To all the guru in the house, pls my acura mdx 2007 bluetooth is not working as I can't use my phone with it either to make, receive or play music. what can I do and who can elp me out. I stay in abeokuta and can come down to lagos if the need be. thanks

Try renaming it first.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Danielkupiejo: 10:29pm On Jan 05, 2021
Pls whats the best oil to use for honda accord 2012
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by martyns200(m): 6:25am On Jan 06, 2021
Good day, my car does hard starting every morning, takes about 3-4times before it starts and starts normally all through the day. What's the likely cause of the hard start? Car is an 05 corolla
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Godwinbliss(m): 8:10pm On Jan 06, 2021
Guys see the making of the 1959 Ford f100 explained �
https:///nCAC
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Bcars: 11:25am On Jan 09, 2021
Pls house can 255/55/R19 work perfectly on my toyota venza
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by joungblood(m): 1:00am On Jan 10, 2021
Hello please advise. I want to buy suv I'm stuck between this 2, lexus RX350 2010 or highlander 2010.. The issue is that I prefer the lexus RX350 but I can't get a tok for 5m but I think I can get a tok for highlander 5m... So my question is, should I buy a good fairly used Lexus RX350 for 5m or buy tok Highlander for 5m thereabout?
And if you have any for sale please let me know, 08125670754
I love the lexus more tho
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by seanfer(m): 6:29am On Jan 10, 2021
joungblood:
Hello please advise. I want to buy suv I'm stuck between this 2, lexus RX350 2010 or highlander 2010.. The issue is that I prefer the lexus RX350 but I can't get a tok for 5m but I think I can get a tok for highlander 5m... So my question is, should I buy a good fairly used Lexus RX350 for 5m or buy tok Highlander for 5m thereabout?
If you love the RX350, I will advise you save the little extra and get foreign used.
If you can’t wait till you can afford the RX just go and buy the Highlander in peace. No sense in spending that huge amount on Naija used car.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 6:48am On Jan 10, 2021
seanfer:

If you love the RX350, I will advise you save the little extra and get foreign used.
If you can’t wait till you can afford the RX just go and buy the Highlander in peace. No sense in spending that huge amount on Naija used car.

Not all Nigerian used cars are abused. Not all tokumbo are well taken care of. I know some Nigerian car owners that maintain their cars by strictly following manufacturers service guide and would quickly call out for repairs when even the tiniest of issues crop up. I've seen imported cars that are POS.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 6:49am On Jan 10, 2021
joungblood:

Go for the Lexus, however, the ensure you due diligence and carry out very thorough inspections and find out the history and maintenance records before parting with cash.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Teajayz(m): 3:58pm On Jan 10, 2021
Do you have a valid Comprehensive Car Insurance?

If you own a car for Personal Use or Business Purpose on platforms like Uber or Taxify and you still leverage on a Third Party Insurance Cover, believe me. be ready to spend from your personal earnings or business proceed.

With Comprehensive Insurance specially designed for Personal Use, E-hailing businesses like Uber or Taxify and other Commercial Purposes, you worry less about the following;

1. When the car gets burnt, be it partial or total
2. When the car gets stolen
3. Accidental damage of the car, partial or total
4. Third party property damage
5. Bodily Injury of the insured or third party
6. Flood Extension
7. Damages caused by malicious act

Imagine a car of 2.5 million gets stolen and you don't have a Comprehensive Insurance on the car
Imagine there was a fire outbreak where you parked your car overnight
Imagine a Danfo driver hit your car on the highway and run away
Imagine a dispatch bike ran into your car

With a Comprehensive Insurance cover, all unforeseen circumstances resulting to accidental damage, fire, theft of/on your car are covered;

You get your money back or a replacement car (your car type) if stolen or got burnt. T& C applies
Your damaged car gets repaired without a kobo coming out from you T & C applies.

To know more about Car Insurance or any other type of Insurance, kindly reach me on 07056213630.

Secure unplanned for expenses on your car today

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Miee: 6:21pm On Jan 10, 2021
What’s the hype about the Lexus GX460. Why is it suddenly so popular in Lagos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCfOYfKJn-U
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Solotobee: 7:05pm On Jan 12, 2021
Please guys, good evening.
My car vibrates when I put on the a/c. I just filled the gas in my car n the AC is working well. Without the AC on , it's working fine but once it's engages the AC it begins to jerk. Please what could be the problem. Tnx
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Peppermintflav: 10:48pm On Jan 12, 2021
Solotobee:
Please guys, good evening.
My car vibrates when I put on the a/c. I just filled the gas in my car n the AC is working well. Without the AC on , it's working fine but once it's engages the AC it begins to jerk. Please what could be the problem. Tnx
Type of car?
Have you changed the compressor b4?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ezemoses42(m): 11:38am On Jan 13, 2021
[s]Lagos !!!

2003 Toyota Corolla
2019 October was when I bought the car ( toks)
Buy and drive
Blue

Slightly negotiable

Hmu for more pictures and inspection
07010829926[/s]
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Solotobee: 3:24pm On Jan 13, 2021
[quote author=Peppermintflav post=97998502]
Type of car?
Have you changed the compressor b4?[/quotits

Toyota Camry 2003.
I have no changed the compressor before.
Someone was telling me it's 'slow motion' plug that has ish. Don't now what that is
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 4:51am On Jan 14, 2021
Hi. I drive a corolla 03. Its running smoothly but the issue I have is that it makes this loud, rumbling sound when I'm doing say 50 km/h and above. My mechanic said it was the shocks. I changed all 4 yet the noise persists. I don't know if its and engine problem but the engine runs smoothly when I start the car and no issues while driving at high speeds. The sound is like a high rumbling sound. It disappears when I decelerate and comes back when I'm doing those high speeds again. Any ideas how I can go about this pls?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Akogunjohn: 9:42am On Jan 14, 2021
I need Compressor Toyota Camry 2009
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by somehow: 8:17pm On Jan 14, 2021
Please help choose a car for a first timer if you have good information and experience on cars.

I am not a good authority on cars, so I FOUND it difficult to pick for the person.

He wants either Toyota Highlander 2008
Ford Edge 2010
Or Toyota Camry 2012.

But here are some of his conditions :

He wants a vehicle with ground clearance, a bit of class and at the same time with a good performance rating, less fuel consuming and an easy to maintain one.

His budget is maximum of 4M for (Tokunbo/Non accidental/clean title.).

He is also a new driver, meaning he has not driven before.

Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 11:25am On Jan 15, 2021
DominusPrime:
Hi. I drive a corolla 03. Its running smoothly but the issue I have is that it makes this loud, rumbling sound when I'm doing say 50 km/h and above. My mechanic said it was the shocks. I changed all 4 yet the noise persists. I don't know if its and engine problem but the engine runs smoothly when I start the car and no issues while driving at high speeds. The sound is like a high rumbling sound. It disappears when I decelerate and comes back when I'm doing those high speeds again. Any ideas how I can go about this pls?
I think you got a bearing.hun problem, pay attention more on what leg it is coming from if not check axle
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 11:26am On Jan 15, 2021
somehow:
Please help choose a car for a first timer if you have good information and experience on cars.

I am not a good authority on cars, so I FOUND it difficult to pick for the person.

Ford Edge 2010
Or Toyota Camry 2012.

He wants a vehicle with ground clearance, a bit of class and at the same time with a good performance rating, less fuel consuming and an easy to maintain one.

Thanks
with 4 M I think the HIghlander is the deal
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by somehow: 1:04pm On Jan 15, 2021
erico2k2:

His source said he can not find an highlander with the conditions listed and at that price.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by oluayebenz: 3:42pm On Jan 15, 2021
somehow:

Ford Edge 2010
Or Toyota Camry 2012.

Thanks

Considering the available cash, ground clearance
Ford Edge is the only option but if ground clearance is not that important then Camry is d best option
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by amordi: 4:39pm On Jan 15, 2021
DominusPrime:
I experience the same thing with my Camry. Mine is when the speed limit exceeds 90km/h.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 15, 2021
erico2k2:

I think you got a bearing.hun problem, pay attention more on what leg it is coming from if not check axle
Ok. Thanks a lot.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 15, 2021
amordi:
I experience the same thing with my Camry. Mine is when the speed limit exceeds 90km/h.
Pls if you find a solution kindly alert me.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by somehow: 7:11pm On Jan 15, 2021
oluayebenz:

Considering the available cash, ground clearance
Ford Edge is the only option but if ground clearance is not that important then Camry is d best option
But I was told a ford edge is not that good for a first timer... (Maintenance issue)
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lyort: 10:04pm On Jan 15, 2021
erico2k2:

that can only do a salvage title
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 10:10pm On Jan 15, 2021
somehow:
But I was told a ford edge is not that good for a first timer... (Maintenance issue)

Get a camry or a Honda or a rav4.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.