Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,075 members, 7,957,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:48 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (550808 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 9:49am On Apr 17, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
The thing don reach that side too grin
lolz

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by HABRUZZY(m): 11:05pm On Apr 17, 2021
Hi my bosses here I observed that my transmission jerks when it is trying to move from 1 to 2 once it is trying to move to 2 the jerking starts but once it moves from 2 the car moves well(when on express it moves very well but when in my area where I do not need to speed that's when that jerking when it is trying to enter 2 starts any suggestions
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Raphael007(m): 1:22pm On Apr 18, 2021
Good day car gurus in the house please what could be wrong I tried to open the booth of my Lexus ES 350 not working I tried the keys and also the pull from the drivers side completely jammed I don’t know why or what to do about it please what can I do.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 1:33pm On Apr 18, 2021
Raphael007:
Good day car gurus in the house please what could be wrong I tried to open the booth of my Lexus ES 350 not working I tried the keys and also the pull from the drivers side completely jammed I don’t know why or what to do about it please what can I do.
Open your glove box, and there's a button that you toggle to activate the remote boot opener.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by obidevine(m): 2:59pm On Apr 18, 2021
Hello gurus. My car is a toyota 4 plugs camry 2012.

Sometime this year i noticed that the car tends to power down when I'm driving ( the engine just goes off). But when i crank it up again it starts immediately like nothing happened. I took it to a mechanic and he cleaned my throttle body, the engine stalling stopped for about 2 months after cleaning the throttle body.

This issue (engine stalling) while driving started again just yesterday. I really don't know what could be causing this.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by LaurelP(m): 2:09pm On Apr 19, 2021
Hello experts in the house. My Toyota camry 09 is having problems starting after some time being off, especially in the morning. Takes at least 7 trials before starting. The exhaust shakes too while trying to start it.
What could be wrong?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by obidevine(m): 5:33pm On Apr 19, 2021
Please I am aware that most mechanics on the island ( Lekki,Ikoyi, Vi and ajah) really don't know what they are doing. I live in Ajah here in Lagos.

The only mechanic I trust is on the mainland his name is Gazzuzz but he doesn't like handling clients from the island . due to reasons best known to him.

Please who can recommend any very competent mechanic on the island for me even down to ajah Please I don't need all those over packaged ones ooohh.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by EgunMogaji2: 3:39am On Apr 20, 2021
I want to bring in a sports bike from UK.

What sites should I be searching on?

Thanks.

PS: In case there’s one reasonably priced already on the ground please let me know.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by HottieCoach(f): 4:40pm On Apr 20, 2021
For your engine to always be in good shape, you need to always replace damaged parts with quality parts and this is a service we provide.

Buy Car Parts on Ebay through us and get the best.

Our vehicles are very important and to avoid accidents, maintenance should be done as regularly as possible. Let us ship you original parts for a smooth cruise.

https://www.nairaland.com/6491031/preorder-vehicle-parts-tools-much
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 5:42pm On Apr 20, 2021
HottieCoach:

For your engine to always be in good shape, you need to always replace damaged parts with quality parts and this is a service we provide.

Buy Car Parts on Ebay through us and get the best.

Our vehicles are very important and to avoid accidents, maintenance should be done as regularly as possible. Let us ship you original parts for a smooth cruise.

https://www.nairaland.com/6491031/preorder-vehicle-parts-tools-much
this is a welcome addition to the market. Nice.

2 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by omodollarpor: 9:24pm On Apr 20, 2021
I'm planning to get an 08 Avalon Limited edition with 64k mileage.
Some people are talking about the V6 engine and all.

Please is there anything I need to worry about other that use the right oil and proper maintenance?

Please which oil is the right one to use.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ayodelemerit(m): 9:37pm On Apr 20, 2021
I need Nissan Pathfinder 2000 model. It is very urgent please
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by seanfer(m): 7:47am On Apr 21, 2021
omodollarpor:

Please is there anything I need to worry about other that use the right oil and proper maintenance?

Make sure you employ the service of a professional and trustworthy mechanic to inspect the car. It’s a good and luxury car. Use Mobil1 5w30.
Make sure you follow and use recommended fluid as coolant, gear oil. The engine is strong and has good fuel economy
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by omodollarpor: 10:19am On Apr 21, 2021
Thanks

seanfer:

Make sure you employ the service of a professional and trustworthy mechanic to inspect the car. It’s a good and luxury car. Use Mobil1 5w30.
Make sure you follow and use recommended fluid as coolant, gear oil. The engine is strong and has good fuel economy
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by flexyhills: 12:00pm On Apr 21, 2021
Please house I want to buy the Corolla Altis 05-07 but I noticed there is no visible srs airbag on the dashboard for front passenger seat like the normal Corolla le. Does it mean it doesnt have air bag please I need to know. Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by hazee11(m): 1:20pm On Apr 22, 2021
House please, I want to know about Honda Odyssey 2006 model, I have never used an Honda product before. I will appreciate all information gotten.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 3:35pm On Apr 22, 2021
omodollarpor:

I find it very hard to believe a 2008 Avalon will have 64k miles!!
in my opinion, when it comes to saloon cars, I do not see any reason I should drive a V6, I will leave that for the SUVs and MPVs

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 3:37pm On Apr 22, 2021
obidevine:
Hello gurus. My car is a toyota 4 plugs camry 2012.

Sometime this year i noticed that the car tends to power down when I'm driving ( the engine just goes off). But when i crank it up again it starts immediately like nothing happened. I took it to a mechanic and he cleaned my throttle body, the engine stalling stopped for about 2 months after cleaning the throttle body.

This issue (engine stalling) while driving started again just yesterday. I really don't know what could be causing this.
Well, when was the last time you did full service on your car that involves you changing the fuel and oil filters?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by obidevine(m): 5:33pm On Apr 22, 2021
erico2k2:

Well, when was the last time you did full service on your car that involves you changing the fuel and oil filters?

I did my regular servicing just 2 weeks ago
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by quest4s: 12:34am On Apr 23, 2021
Car gurus please recommend
Rav4 vs High Lander same year and engine model which will you go for
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 2:19am On Apr 23, 2021
quest4s:
Car gurus please recommend
Rav4 vs High Lander same year and engine model which will you go for
how big is your family is the only question
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 9:13am On Apr 23, 2021
obidevine:

I did my regular servicing just 2 weeks ago
Well, I asked a specific question cos Change of Fuell filter is not a regular servicing!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by quest4s: 9:30am On Apr 23, 2021
radautoworks:
how big is your family is the only question
Family 5
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by obidevine(m): 5:12pm On Apr 23, 2021
erico2k2:

Well, I asked a specific question cos Change of Fuell filter is not a regular servicing!

I did not change my fuel filter though. I've never changed my fuel filter
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 6:57pm On Apr 23, 2021
obidevine:

I did not change my fuel filter though. I've never changed my fuel filter
your problems might start from there
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by obidevine(m): 8:29pm On Apr 23, 2021
[quote author=erico2k2 post=101059469]
your problems might start from there[/quoteok
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ifymeziem: 8:21am On Apr 24, 2021
Good morning house how was your night.

My car is overhiting I have done something's like removing thermostat, connecting fan direct, even change radiator still no way I need help on this. Am in Owerri Imo State I need suggestions also good hand that can solve this overhiting for me.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by elijah101(m): 10:30am On Apr 24, 2021
Would Like To Know If Anybody Can Vouch For Qualityovenbake ...
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Peppermintflav: 6:26pm On Apr 24, 2021
Ifymeziem:
Good morning house how was your night.

My car is overhiting I have done something's like removing thermostat, connecting fan direct, even change radiator still no way I need help on this. Am in Owerri Imo State I need suggestions also good hand that can solve this overhiting for me.
What's the car model and year?
Hope you have not thrown away the thermostat, cos you still need to put it back.
Have you checked your radiator cap? Wash your radiator or change it. By the time you check these two things I'm sure it will stop.
Return the fan to factory settings asap.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by gadgetarena: 11:29am On Apr 25, 2021
Good day Everyone,

It does not make sense buying an expensive car if you cannot secure it in the case of theft or other misfortunes. We are Gadgetarena, suppliers of quality Vehicle Tracking device. Our tracking device has more than enough features to allow you control, monitor and manage your vehicle from anywhere in the world. We also do installation of tracker device for your vehicles and provide you with 24/7 customers support.

Prices:
1 Unit = N15,000
5 Unit = N13,000

+2348023920117
smart.gadget.arena@gmail.com
sales@smatgtech.com

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 3:16pm On Apr 25, 2021
quest4s:

Family 5
highlander

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Em222: 9:42pm On Apr 26, 2021
Do you have old motor parts for sale we buy at a reasonable rate anywhere you are in nigeria we can transact but make sure its not a stolen parts you can call us on 08165621948 and whatsap or call too @08164084891

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (226) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.