Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,241 members, 7,829,441 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (525446 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 6:01pm On Dec 07, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I would not bother repairing a basic modern car that needed that more work.

You'll be ahead by selling it for parts and buying another one. Oh, find another mechanic too.
Ah Oga U reach here.I say make I Holland Hello.hope u and the family r good.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2015
erico2k2:

Ah Oga U reach here.I say make I Holland Hello.hope u and the family r good.

Don't mind me, I'm, just looking for my lost Landie 110 grin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 7:18pm On Dec 07, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Don't mind me, I'm, just looking for my lost Landie 110 grin
Ahaha ok nice one.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by rinw: 7:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
Hello House,

I drive a toyota solara 2007. but i love the look of the sport edition.
please can i get to buy the padded extension of the bumper? or do I have to change the entire bumper.

please see picture of what i want my car to look like.

Useful tips or contact of where i can get it would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by mintyx(m): 9:13pm On Dec 07, 2015
I have always been an Audi fan and in inlove with Audi A6 2002 model. will that be bad as a first car? people who ownd it shld pls share dia xperiences
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 9:46pm On Dec 07, 2015
rinw:
Hello House,

please can i get to buy the padded extension of the bumper? or do I have to change the entire bumper.

Many thanks

It can be gotten, but why not buy the whole front and rear bumpers and rocker panels to make it look neater rather than have the whole bumper get pins, screws, and rivets curtsey inexperienced work men.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by rinw: 12:26pm On Dec 08, 2015
kingreign:

It can be gotten, but why not buy the whole front and rear bumpers and rocker panels to make it look neater rather than have the whole bumper get pins, screws, and rivets curtsey inexperienced work men.

thanks...please any idea of the cost of the bumper?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 1:00pm On Dec 08, 2015
rinw:

thanks...please any idea of the cost of the bumper?

Cost depends on location, where's your location?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by rinw: 8:29am On Dec 09, 2015
Lagos
kingreign:

Cost depends on location, where's your location?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 8:53am On Dec 09, 2015
rinw:
Lagos
Gazzuzz is your neighbour. Call him talk to him and reward him handsomely.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by emmado(m): 12:33pm On Dec 13, 2015
Pls house i have a highlander 01 model limited edition V6 FWD. My wife just called me and said that when she switches the car on it doesn't steam for long. It gradually stays on and goes off after a lil while. Reach me on a okukuemmanuel@yahoo.com. i need suggestions quickly since i am not around.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 12:36pm On Dec 13, 2015
emmado:
Pls house i have a highlander 01 model limited edition V6 FWD. My wife just called me and said that when she switches the car on it doesn't steam for long. It gradually stays on and goes off after a lil while. Reach me on a okukuemmanuel@yahoo.com. i need suggestions quickly since i am not around.

Location?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:49pm On Dec 13, 2015
ojuolu:
Can the house help me with the price of a toyota corolla 2008 AC compressor?

You will be better off getting a brand new one. I'm sure its the clutchless type, my own personal view to this matter is to install the clutch type (yes I know oem bla bla bla) newer toyotas went back to the old clutch system, but if you insist on installing the OEM ensure the system is flushed properly and free of dirt if not your new compressor will not last 2weeks!! It's very sensitive to dirt.

The toks for the 2008 corrola is about 25-35k

The brand new one is between 100-150k

The clutch type plus labour costs for installation might cost between 45-50k depending on who is installing it.

If you need more help contact me 08023251039
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:51pm On Dec 13, 2015
oluwafon:
Hi folks. I want 1st grade Nissan 3.0litre engine. leave me a message or contact. Serious dudes only.

More info of the vehicle and year of make is required, I have supplied 1 nissan engine this year to akure.

More info call 08023251039
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:52pm On Dec 13, 2015
oluwafon:

@Kingreign: it is a Nissan Quest Xe 3.0lit. Car location is Apata, Ibadan but am in Lagos.

That's a VG33 engine if I'm correct contact me if you need one.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:55pm On Dec 13, 2015
afolabiade:
Pls house, when i woke up to start my car this morning, I discovered that the Power steering Fluid was emptied, it was leaking from the hose very close to the Tyre at the driver side. What could be the cause of the leakage and the solution pls.
The brand of the car is Toyota Corolla 2003.
Thanks.

When you say hose, 3hoses may be involved

1. The pressure pipe.

2. The supply pipe (from reservoir)

3. The return pipe.

If it's 1 or 2 you are safe it's and easy replacement that will not cost you much, but if it's the pressure pipe, a complete replacement pipe is required. Budget about 10-15k for a new pipe and 8-12k for toks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:55pm On Dec 13, 2015
afolabiade:
Pls house, when i woke up to start my car this morning, I discovered that the Power steering Fluid was emptied, it was leaking from the hose very close to the Tyre at the driver side. What could be the cause of the leakage and the solution pls.
The brand of the car is Toyota Corolla 2003.
Thanks.

When you say hose, 3hoses may be involved

1. The pressure pipe.

2. The supply pipe (from reservoir)

3. The return pipe.

If it's 1 or 2 you are safe it's and easy replacement that will not cost you much, but if it's the pressure pipe, a complete replacement pipe is required. Budget about 10-15k for a new pipe and 8-12k for toks .

A pic would be helpful in diagnosing your current problem.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:59pm On Dec 13, 2015
Goodcitizen82:
i noticed my car (Toyota Camry 2002 model) is use to takes much time before it change from one gear to another while on motion..... Pls, is there any solution tip to resolve the problem pls

Camry 2002 (is it the envelope light or big daddy?)

If it's the later model an adjustment can be made here [img][/img] to ensure quicker shifts.

If it's the earlier model (big daddy) you might have a failing transmission or a poorly calibrated throttle position sensor.

A scan will do you good in both cases.

For a scan contact me on 08023251039.

P.s scan is affordable.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:00pm On Dec 13, 2015
Goodcitizen82:
i noticed my car (Toyota Camry 2002 model) is use to takes much time before it change from one gear to another while on motion..... Pls, is there any solution tip to resolve the problem pls

Camry 2002 (is it the envelope light or big daddy?)

If it's the later model an adjustment can be made here [img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3f0gpicOqVynThnBQJpBOKkoJdCKkWIPwhM59SzpoHHQH90j8xw[/img] to ensure quicker shifts.

If it's the earlier model (big daddy) you might have a failing transmission or a poorly calibrated throttle position sensor.

A scan will do you good in both cases.

For a scan contact me on 08023251039.

P.s scan is affordable.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:00pm On Dec 13, 2015
yum01:
hello everyone, pls i am new here. I need ur candid opinion. I use a volkswagen polo,my mechanic recently worked on the car n while he was test driving it the car caught fire (pictures posted alreday). The dilema now is do i repair or just sell?

Boss sell it.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:02pm On Dec 13, 2015
chikenicholas:
Hi Guys, how much can I get Tokunbo Toyota Yaris 2008? and how reliable are the Nigerian used ones that were initially bought brand new?

Yaris 08 comes with a very reliable 2nz engine still used in the 2014 model.

The vehicle should cost between 700-900 depending on how clean it might even get above 1m.

There's a reason toyotas are expensive. wink
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:03pm On Dec 13, 2015
jwallis:
I have a 99 vw Passat and I put a new radio in it but is locked and need help unlocking it

Contact DAY11
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:04pm On Dec 13, 2015
bintudon:
I have Peugeot 406 for sale,going for 600 use for just one year

I'm interested your contact please or send pics to whatsapp 08033910382.

If it was converted from RH to LH don't bother grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:07pm On Dec 13, 2015
Alajiki:
Hello Nairalanders!

Anybody in the house who has dash trim kits to sell or who knows where I can get should please notify me.

You can also reach me via whattsapp on 08030465913.

Thanks.

I bet FOGMAN can help you out. https://www.nairaland.com/fogman
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:09pm On Dec 13, 2015
Absa:
I changed my brake disk and pad for my 2003 toyota corolla, yet my brake feels rough nd ineffective when I step on it. HELP MI GUYS.

Did you use original?

OEM front for your vehicle costs 12k rear (shoes) 9k

Any other thing might be very noisy or dust the place.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:10pm On Dec 13, 2015
Mannobewood:
I have problem with my Toyota Camry 2001 LE shock absorber can anyone link me with where I could get the original?

Rear KYB set 29k

Installation call 08023251039 what's app 08033910382
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:12pm On Dec 13, 2015
rinw:
Hello House,

Many thanks

If your terrain is good and level that's fine, but if you visit akute, badagry or ikorodu very often don't try it.

The bumper will be replaced as a whole unit.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:14pm On Dec 13, 2015
emmado:

You need proper diagnosis.

If in lagos contact me 08023251039. (I didn't say scan)
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Day11(m): 7:48pm On Dec 13, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Contact DAY11

grin

Thanks Boss
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chikenicholas(m): 12:37pm On Dec 14, 2015
Hi GAZZUZZ, please how reliable is the Nigerian used Yaris that is bought brand new and used for four years in the country? Is it a good buy or what do u advice?
GAZZUZZ:

Yaris 08 comes with a very reliable 2nz engine still used in the 2014 model.

The vehicle should cost between 700-900 depending on how clean it might even get above 1m.

There's a reason toyotas are expensive. wink
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:44pm On Dec 14, 2015
chikenicholas:
Hi GAZZUZZ, please how reliable is the Nigerian used Yaris that is bought brand new and used for four years in the country? Is it a good buy or what do u advice?

How I wan take know? Na me use am.?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.