Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,924 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Need The Next Big Thing- Need Inspiration - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Need The Next Big Thing- Need Inspiration (1103 Views)

Investment Partner Needed For The Next Big Thing In Ecommerce Im Nigeria / Dropwash - The Next Big Thing / #dearstartuper: The Next Big Thing For Small Biz And Startup Owners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need The Next Big Thing- Need Inspiration by daretayo(m): 5:34pm On May 23, 2006
Hello,
I need help from you fellow nairaland.
I am man that has lost virtually everything I have. I am on my way to a comeback and I am struggling really hard.maybe one day I will post my story. Right I am taking stock of what I have left. And all I have is my cybercafe that is situated in a Popular Unversity in Nigeria.
My Cafe has a strong brand name. I mean a really strong brand name. But like most cafes its just gasping for breath. I am trying to figure out what to do using my cafe brand and location as a starting point. Right now I am on my last days and I am trying to hard to do a comeback. I am really creative and I am Internet literate. I am not a hard core techie, but I am a Internet buiness develment person.
I need a solution fast before its too late for me and I am just need input from you fellow nairalander. I have been surfing for over a month now trying to figure out the next thing that I can do.
Can anyone look from the eye of an outsider.
My cafe has a strong brand name that can be adapted to anything like the Richard Brandson Virgin. .

Not that I have a negative value of over 4 million debt so I have no funds to speak of.but I know I will do my comeback
Re: Need The Next Big Thing- Need Inspiration by Seun(m): 9:43pm On May 24, 2006
What are the steps you are considering?
Re: Need The Next Big Thing- Need Inspiration by naijacutee(f): 1:55pm On May 25, 2006
Hmmmm, Look at it this way - At least you've still got that Cafe and even though you might not achieve the Virgin status overnight, you can still use it to your advantage. You're in a University area, what do you think that students want most? that they cannot do without?

For example housing.
Could you contact a few Landlords around the area, looking for people to rent their houses for the semesters, and then set up a website with available houses to let, which is updated regularly.

i.e it's not like a newspaper advert where people call a certain number and " Sorry it's gone"

You can start offering the service for free to the Landlords. Let them know first that it's free to advertise their houses with you for a limited time, maybe 6 months, and then you see how it goes from there. Hopefully, with hard work on your part and the right incentives, it will go well. But then, there is always the risk of it not going well, which you should be prepared to take.

Now, you'll also need to capture the students attention. Let them know the pros and cons of getting a house through you, their trusted agent.

So basically you just charge the landlord agent fees for starters and if it goes well, then you can charge for advertising in the long run, plus the students can come more regularly to your cafe to come and search for houses online! cheesy

That's if this kind of thing appeals to you though, Take care and Good luck!
Re: Need The Next Big Thing- Need Inspiration by page9(m): 9:35am On Jun 24, 2011
I feel u,but. You could do more with ur situation.Do a thorough and objective assessment of your situation.Find out Where you went wrong,How did you arrive at this?was it mgt? Was it external? 'Our present condition is product of our past decisions,our current decisions will certainly determine our future direction. If you do a good analysis of ur situation, you would have solved the first step.

because what is responsible for ur present predicament may still be there.Secondly,there are lots of businesses that you can do directly or thru salesgirls in d university enviroment depending on ur level of pride.Items like foodstuffs,stationeries,typying & photocopying,operating barbing salon,phone call and football viewing  center,laundry etc.you may need to hire experts in areas like salon (good enough for both sexes)and laundry.you share d proceed with dis experts depending on sharing formular.

Now, there could b people already offering similar services, all you need to do is to device a marketong strategies that will attract the customers to you, moreso with ur existing brand. I could have been more specific in my suggestions if I were to be on ground, but you could also seek input with people you respect around you.Genuine Success is usually made from  junkyard of failures.Be sure to  learn from ur failures so that history will not repeat itself when you finally bounce back bigger and better.
Best of luck

(1) (Reply)

Wholesale Designer Silk Ties For Sale. Some Shirts Too - Up To Xxl / Can I Start My Computer Firm With No Money But With 1 System In My Room / Setting Up Fast Food Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.