Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,137 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! (28524 Views)

Thread For Guys Who Can Cook / Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? / Naira Landers Are Wonderful People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by vislabraye(m): 6:16pm On Jul 13, 2013
@poster. Its because U eat in a cheap restaurant. In most hotels, men are the cooks. Am not a professional cook, but I cook well. Even women, enjoy my food.
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by johnstar(m): 6:16pm On Jul 13, 2013
DailyNews: I am boiling inside as I type this. I had been served by different female cooks here for long now, and honestly, I have never had any problem with their meals, but for the second time 2 different male cooks prepared my meal, I didn't eat 10% of the meal. Not because I like meals prepared by female cooks or whatsoever, but because the handworks of the male cooks were very absurd.

Take a look at the picture I attached, it is a snap shot of fried egg a male cook prepared for me this morning, can u imagine what this guy served me as fried egg? Is this fried or oiled egg pls

If not for mankind, I would have...

The last time, it was indomie that another male cook prepared and it was horrible. I was forced to post this out of anger becos some guys will come here tomorrow claiming to be the best cook in the world, who knows if these very guys serving me shits are also amongst those that brag of their cooking prowees on nairaland.

Just because one or two fortunate guys can cook good food doesn't mean all men can cook. Just becos u were lucky to cook a good soup by chance doesn't make u a wonderful cook pls. Stop poisoning people's stomachs pls and pls.

I have a friend that always brag that he can cook better than any girl, but believe me, whenever I visit him and he prepares a certain meal, for instance, egusi soap or his usual fried rice delicacy, I usually have running stomach because he doesn't even know how to measure each ingredient. Every ingredient is always in excess, and for that, I don't ever dare eat in his house except his fiance is around.

Pls guys, cooking is God's gift to women, forget the fact that modern and western civilisation have spoilt the world and deceived some women to abandon and shy-away from their natural gift, women remain the best cooks the whole world over, so all these male cook champions, pls stop deceiving yourselves and stop poisoning your stomach and other people's stomach.

And to all the ladies dancing and singing around: my boyfriend can cook, my fiance is a good cook, wait until he poisons your stomach with concussion one day, then u will realise the need for u to drive him away from that kitchen.

Nonsense!!!!
I'm sure u r a female, try go cook ur own make we see nah, werin self undecided
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by otikpoko(m): 6:16pm On Jul 13, 2013
colombiana: I think he is just trying to make the ladies smile.

Dem no go smile as long as guys dey here ooo!!
i dey come,make i search my picture archive.
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by johnstar(m): 6:17pm On Jul 13, 2013
vislabraye: @poster. Its because U eat in a cheap restaurant. In most hotels, men are the cooks. Am not a professional cook, but I cook well. Even women, enjoy my food.
women enjoy ur food? kiss u dey cook 4 gals for boarding school grin grin grin
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by otikpoko(m): 6:18pm On Jul 13, 2013
vislabraye: @poster. Its because U eat in a cheap restaurant. In most hotels, men are the cooks. Am not a professional cook, but I cook well. Even women, enjoy my food.

Agreed, but they enjoy mine the most cool
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 13, 2013
yemmit90:

Exactly! Dally baba, he get sense no be small grin
please there are some things that are not funny,they are more of an embarassment.if any man offered that thrash to me,I won't even touh the fork with a 1o foot pole and I won't be shy to tell him my mind about that food.it will be better he offers me a glass of water,chin chin or minerals if he doesn't trust his cooking skills
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by jayflex: 6:18pm On Jul 13, 2013
OP abeg call police for the person wey cook that food. But it has nothing to do with him being a man o. Men actually make better cooks than women even though there are fewer men cooking.
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 13, 2013
fujirice: Abeg OP make we here word! Your fellow man cook for you, you still dey complain! Lol!
On a more serious note, men do it better than women, yours faithefully is a living testimony. My mum literally resigns from the kitchen whenever I'm arround! My sisters also stop patronising fast food joints(KFCs and Mr Biggs') whenever I'm arround. Call it bragging or whatever you like I no send! According to WAP tv ad, my name na fujirice and my cooking skills na my pride! *winx*
oga, its good to know u can cook based on ur literature shaa...can't say for now until I taste ur food. But then, I dnt need to be d best cook cos any lady I will say marry me, believe me, d no 1 skill or quality she must possess is good cooking skills and love for kids. Every other thing is pardonable. I dnt need to pretend here cos I am online.

I dnt need a woman to help me make money or help me take kia of my family financially, so her money is irrelevant to me, that shud be her own joy if she has it...but cooking and love for kids are a must quality else, it won't do what? WORK!

In fact, before u can even qualify to answer my fiancee, u must be a good cook who cook cheerfully, someone who enjoys cooking as hobby, and someone who have natural passion for kids...don't ask me how I will know cos I will...it can't be hidden and she can't pretend.

Call me an ancient person, no wahala, I don't want no western wife...I want a real Nigerian wife who cherishes her husband and kids more than any other thing else. Career don't matter to me...class don't matter to me.
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 13, 2013
kulyie: please there are some things that are not funny,they are more of an embarassment.if any man offered that thrash to me,I won't even touh the fork with a 1o foot pole and I won't be shy to tell him my mind about that food.it will be better he offers me a glass of water,chin chin or minerals if he doesn't trust his cooking skills
Kulyie, u know me n u hardly agreegrin, but may God bless u for saying the truth and for calling a spade a spade! Thank u.
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by ayobase(m): 6:26pm On Jul 13, 2013
Rooneyboy:

I don't get u bro .

Its dailynews judging the whole species with just one or two failed experiments!
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 13, 2013
Emmadani: on a SERIOUS note,most young galz of nawadays cannot cook.No b mouth,i know many of dem.I dnt know wat is d cos al dis,weda na 2much overflexing or 2much concern on blackberry fones,most galz cannot cook.D truth is bitter.Guyz dey try.
stop apportioning blames on any gender.let's be balanced,I have seen ladies planning for marriage who don't know how to cook and I have seen men who don't know how to cook and depend on food from eateries and restaurants when their wives are not around.even some men are too proud to learn how to cook.I have a male friend who doesn't know how to cook and I offered to teach him,he said he is not intrested.the day he broke up with his girlfriend who comes to his house every weekend to cook,he was calling me that he is ready to learn that there are no good restaurants in his neighbourhood and their foods don't taste good,the ones that are ok are afar off,so I said ehen be going na.he said he is ready to learn I said you have two options,its either you go and beg your girlfriend you chased away and bury your ego or be driving to that far place.so I said when I was ready to teach you,you were forming african man who has no buisness being in the kitchen,I said ill buy a cookery book for you to use as a guide.that was the last time I heard of him

2 Likes

Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Wislet(f): 6:45pm On Jul 13, 2013
DailyNews: oga, its good to know u can cook based on ur literature shaa...can't say for now until I taste ur food. But then, I dnt need to be d best cook cos any lady I will say marry me, believe me, d no 1 skill or quality she must possess is good cooking skills and love for kids. Every other thing is pardonable. I dnt need to pretend here cos I am online.

I dnt need a woman to help me make money or help me take kia of my family financially, so her money is irrelevant to me, that shud be her own joy if she has it...but cooking and love for kids are a must quality else, it won't do what? WORK!

In fact, before u can even qualify to answer my fiancee, u must be a good cook who cook cheerfully, someone who enjoys cooking as hobby, and someone who have natural passion for kids...don't ask me how I will know cos I will...it can't be hidden and she can't pretend.

Call me an ancient person, no wahala, I don't want no western wife...I want a real Nigerian wife who cherishes her husband and kids more than any other thing else. Career don't matter to me...class don't matter to me.
hahahah. Wai u con dey talk abt me naa? Too bad ye missd 'ha' wink grin wit ya quarelment tongue tongue
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Feedmemore(f): 6:51pm On Jul 13, 2013
What da fûck was that?

Did the op said it was omollet or fried egg? undecided embarassed
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2013
kulyie: stop apportioning blames on any gender.let's be balanced,I have seen ladies planning for marriage who don't know how to cook and I have seen men who don't know how to cook and depend on food from eateries and restaurants when their wives are not around.even some men are too proud to learn how to cook.I have a male friend who doesn't know how to cook and I offered to teach him,he said he is not intrested.the day he broke up with his girlfriend who comes to his house every weekend to cook,he was calling me that he is ready to learn that there are no good restaurants in his neighbourhood and their foods don't taste good,the ones that are ok are afar off,so I said ehen be going na.he said he is ready to learn I said you have two options,its either you go and beg your girlfriend you chased away and bury your ego or be driving to that far place.so I said when I was ready to teach you,you were forming african man who has no buisness being in the kitchen,I said ill buy a cookery book for you to use as a guide.that was the last time I heard of him
All the same, it is not compulsory that a man must know how to cook!

I can't marry a lady who doesn't know how to cook. If she like, let her be the daughter of Goodluck Jonathan, so long as she can't cook good food and love kids wholeheartedly, nothing can ever make me marry her, even if she goes to a witch doctor to get charms, it won't work honestly.

Women shud be proud of cooking just as men are proud of making enough money to take care of their family.

It is not compulsory that a woman must be rich or come from a rich or average family. It is not compulsory that a lady must be working and earning income, but it is important that she has a good cooking skills and desire for kids and keeping home in order, and any woman that lacks those qualities should be ashamed of herself just as a man that can't provide for his family should be.

I am only against a single lady trying to depend and demand virtually everything from a guy she is dating...but once they are officially married, to me, the guy should be the one to cater for her needs cos it isn't easy for her to abandon her family to ur family to live with u and bear ur name forever.

So guys nagging about 50-50 sharing of family financial upkeep, pls I am never in support of that...before u decide to marry, u ought to put things in place at least or talk it out with her, and then if there must be 50-50 sharing of financial upkeeps, then same should apply to house chores since u weren't able to play ur full role as the man of d house, u shudnt complain.
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2013
DailyNews: Kulyie, u know me n u hardly agreegrin, but may God bless u for saying the truth and for calling a spade a spade! Thank u.
lol of course I know that. I see their ego more like pride and it amuses me when I watch some guys suffer themselves unnecessarily because they cannot bury their ego and humble themselves over small small matters.they will be eating buiscuit,gala and junks instead of delvering yourself by being humble.ok agreed your mom didn't teach you or you weren't in the kitchen when she was cooking for your father.you probably were watching ball or had gone out to see friends.another opportunity arose,you refused to learn and accept you are deficient domestically so whose fault
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by jmoore(m): 6:55pm On Jul 13, 2013
Majority of chefs are men.@op, stop asking your neighbour to prepare your meal. Go to a top restaurant and taste the food cooked by men then you will change your mindset.

http://sexyfeminist.com/2009/05/02/feminoshing-why-are-most-chefs-men/

http://www.quora.com/Why-are-most-top-chefs-in-the-world-male

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_the_majority_of_chefs_men_or_women

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/12669
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by otikpoko(m): 6:56pm On Jul 13, 2013
I prepared this to go with boiled yam.

Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Ayorh4you(m): 6:56pm On Jul 13, 2013
DailyNews: I am boiling inside as I type this. I had been served by different female cooks here for long now, and honestly, I have never had any problem with their meals, but for the second time 2 different male cooks prepared my meal, I didn't eat 10% of the meal. Not because I like meals prepared by female cooks or whatsoever, but because the handworks of the male cooks were very absurd.

Take a look at the picture I attached, it is a snap shot of fried egg a male cook prepared for me this morning, can u imagine what this guy served me as fried egg? Is this fried or oiled egg pls

If not for mankind, I would have...

The last time, it was indomie that another male cook prepared and it was horrible. I was forced to post this out of anger becos some guys will come here tomorrow claiming to be the best cook in the world, who knows if these very guys serving me shits are also amongst those that brag of their cooking prowees on nairaland.

Just because one or two fortunate guys can cook good food doesn't mean all men can cook. Just becos u were lucky to cook a good soup by chance doesn't make u a wonderful cook pls. Stop poisoning people's stomachs pls and pls.

I have a friend that always brag that he can cook better than any girl, but believe me, whenever I visit him and he prepares a certain meal, for instance, egusi soap or his usual fried rice delicacy, I usually have running stomach because he doesn't even know how to measure each ingredient. Every ingredient is always in excess, and for that, I don't ever dare eat in his house except his fiance is around.

Pls guys, cooking is God's gift to women, forget the fact that modern and western civilisation have spoilt the world and deceived some women to abandon and shy-away from their natural gift, women remain the best cooks the whole world over, so all these male cook champions, pls stop deceiving yourselves and stop poisoning your stomach and other people's stomach.

And to all the ladies dancing and singing around: my boyfriend can cook, my fiance is a good cook, wait until he poisons your stomach with concussion one day, then u will realise the need for u to drive him away from that kitchen.

Nonsense!!!!

now tell me why you shouldnt hv running stomach grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 13, 2013
Wislet: hahahah. Wai u con dey talk abt me naa? Too bad ye missd 'ha' wink grin wit ya quarelment tongue tongue
I am a German fighter on nairaland, destroy every non-NAZIgrin...I really miss fighting here...I need some fight...someone give me a lead pls...kulyie, can u give me a lead pls We need to hit this place upgringrin
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by otikpoko(m): 6:58pm On Jul 13, 2013
ready to serve cool

More pictures coming soon kiss

Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by vislabraye(m): 6:58pm On Jul 13, 2013
johnstar: women enjoy ur food? kiss u dey cook 4 gals for boarding school grin grin grin

Ehn yes. Yeye boy. Lol.
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Wislet(f): 7:05pm On Jul 13, 2013
weellll, i dunno who cooks around you, but..................... some guys can cook! I mean real cooking. You watch them do so and u're like... cool , and the taste is greeeaaaaat.
Cooking belongs to the ladies anyways....fact. But just wana say some men can do it, and consistently. No flukes.
So, men, if u can cook, great. I'm sure ur wife and kids will apppreeeciiiate that once in a while. But, if u can't, don't sweat it. That's not ur God-given role. Go make dat money for it. Stop trying to compete with dat ur friend wink
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 13, 2013
DailyNews: All the same, it is not compulsory that a man must know how to cook!

I can't marry a lady who doesn't know how to cook. If she like, let her be the daughter of Goodluck Jonathan, so long as she can't cook good food and love kids wholeheartedly, nothing can ever make me marry her, even if she goes to a witch doctor to get charms, it won't work honestly.

Women shud be proud of cooking just as men are proud of making enough money to take care of their family. True,you are right but many women this days are proud to say they don't know how to cook,when they get marriued,they will learn it in their husbands house,as for those set of women,I don't argue with them.I tell them,that's good,keep it up and she says afterall I have money.why am I working,I said no problem na.you and your husband will make eateries like mr biggs,tfc ,chicken republic and tantalizers richer .its the best

It is not compulsory that a woman must be rich or come from a rich or average family. It is not compulsory that a lady must be working and earning income, but it is important that she has a good cooking skills and desire for kids and keeping home in order, and any woman that lacks those qualities should be ashamed of herself just as a man that can't provide for his family should be.

I am only against a single lady trying to depend and demand virtually everything from a guy she is dating...but once they are officially married, to me, the guy should be the one to cater for her needs cos it isn't easy for her to abandon her family to ur family to live with u and bear ur name forever.

So guys nagging about 50-50 sharing of family financial upkeep, pls I am never in support of that...before u decide to marry, u ought to put things in place at least or talk it out with her, and then if there must be 50-50 sharing of financial upkeeps, then same should apply to house chores since u weren't able to play ur full role as the man of d house, u shudnt complain.
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by gospel11: 7:08pm On Jul 13, 2013
Really you have time... Real mennnnn are thinking solutions to problems, u are here comparing who knows how to cook... Wake up Young man!!!

1 Like

Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Wislet(f): 7:09pm On Jul 13, 2013
DailyNews: I am a German fighter on nairaland, destroy every non-NAZIgrin...I really miss fighting here...I need some fight...someone give me a lead pls...kulyie, can u give me a lead pls We need to hit this place upgringrin
hahahahha. See brag. Yu knw say ii go throw u for ring like randy orton grin no sweat smiley
No quarrel chase ur wife for house.
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 13, 2013
Otikpoko, who prepared that stuff, pls be honest Becos nairaland guys can do anything to prove they are Rueno Rigol when it comes to cookinggrin

Anyway, nice looksmiley
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 13, 2013
Wislet: hahahahha. See brag. Yu knw say ii go throw u for ring like randy orton grin no sweat smiley
No quarrel chase ur wife for house.
Hehe, me kegrin If I give u one blow now, u will go on 12months compulsory leave from nairaland, trust megringrin
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 13, 2013
DailyNews: I am a German fighter on nairaland, destroy every non-NAZIgrin...I really miss fighting here...I need some fight...someone give me a lead pls...kulyie, can u give me a lead pls We need to hit this place upgringrin
grin I dey your back jare grin dey go,when you look back you go see shewa,today I dey behind you jigbi jigbi grin

1 Like

Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 13, 2013
gospel11: Really you have time... Real mennnnn are thinking solutions to problems, u are here comparing who knows how to cook... Wake up Young man!!!
I love this!!!smiley

But still, women are the best when it comes to cooking and serving. Come on, most men who aren't occultic can't dare visit a restaurant surrounded by men alone twicegrin I won't honestly...I enjoy their humility when serving u foodsmiley

Unlike the guys who will be serving u and thinking of becoming a millionaire or how to turn u to their servantgringrin

I hate guys who serve cos while they do, they are indirectly saying: look at his head like coconut, hw did he even managed to get this n that...mumu man...dnt worry, I will outdo u someday, guysgrin

But ladies serve with their heart...especially if u encounter one who isn't forced into service-rendering career out of frustration. I love humble ladiessmiley
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by AdeojoFolukeC(f): 7:21pm On Jul 13, 2013
my baby is a cook.
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 13, 2013
gospel11: Really you have time... Real mennnnn are thinking solutions to problems, u are here comparing who knows how to cook... Wake up Young man!!!
grin ehen grin this man is a suspect of being domestically bereft.daily news where are yougrin come here,I have caught a culprit for you grin shebi you want this place to be on firegrin

Btw where is my favourite man biolabee.where is he,oun da kegrin
Re: Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! by otikpoko(m): 7:24pm On Jul 13, 2013
DailyNews: Otikpoko, who prepared that stuff, pls be honest Becos nairaland guys can do anything to prove they are Rueno Rigol when it comes to cookinggrin

Anyway, nice looksmiley

I am not forcing any one to believe me wink

more pictures of awesomeness coming up cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Sues Coca-Cola For Shunning The Consumer Protection Council / Group Spotted Eating Frogs At Home / Check Out This Made-in-birnin-kebbi Pizza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.