Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Army Smashes Police Led Robbery Gang - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Smashes Police Led Robbery Gang (588 Views)

Police Smashes Yoruba Syndicates In Aba / Army Smashes Police Robbery Gang / Army Smashes Police Robbery Gang In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Army Smashes Police Led Robbery Gang by oloriooko(m): 10:07am On Jul 12, 2013
The 4th Brigade of the Nigeria Army has smashed an armed robbery gang of policemen allegedly led by an Assistant Superintendent of Police, Okubopagha.

The ASP Okubopagha and Inspector Okoro were of the B Department Nigeria Police Force Bayelsa State Command.

Commander of the 4 Brigade, PAT Akem who spoke through the Public Relation Officer, Captain Roseline Managbe, said the smashing of the gang followed the arrest of one Nanagha Aduoumemi who claimed to be an Inspector in the A Department of the Bayelsa State Command.

Captain Managbe said Inspector Nanagha was arrested by troops of the 222 Battalion at Orhoror junction along Bomadi road in Delta State after blocking the road with woods while other members of the gang hid in the bush.

She said the Inspector was arrested while attempting to run into the bush while other members of the gang escaped into the creeks.

According to her, "The suspect revealed that members of his gang are all serving police personnel who indulge in robbery activities after their normal police duties".

Inspector Nanagha said he joined the police in 1982 and that it was his first time of joining the gang for an operation.

He said his family were in Yenegoa, Bayelsa State and that he only got N5000 from the operation.

According to him, "I am 60 years old. I am a police officer. I was arrested in Bomadi becuase I joined with armed robbers. That is the first days I join them. They block the road and they started operation. I was not on uniform but others were on uniform. I only know the ASP serving with me in Bayelsa. We are six in number. I was introduced by the ASP. The ASP phoned me to come to Bomadi and when I got there, he said we should start the roadblock work. They were armed with police rifles. We robbed only two vehicles. We were about to leave and they left in a private vehicle. I don't know how much was made."

The Army also paraded a dismissed soldier, Adebayo Opeyemi, who was arrested for armed robbery.

Others suspects paraded included one 65 year old Pastor Christopher Okonkwo arrested for illegal oil bunkering.

Captain Managbe said 1500 illegally refined diesel were destroyed in Warri and a Mercedez Benz truck loaded with 32 drums and 83 illegally refined diesel were intercepted.

source: http://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstagenew/index.php?active=news&newscid=9455&catid=2
Re: Army Smashes Police Led Robbery Gang by Henrypraise: 11:21am On Jul 12, 2013
Nigerian Police again!!! one heroic news, 4 unscrupulous news. 60 year old arm robber!!!

(1) (Reply)

For Jonathan, Amaechi, The Road Is Lonely / Must Watch: Nigeria 101 - The History Of Nigeria / 34 Senators Have Sponsored No Bills In Two Years, View List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.